What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

According to today’s polling the public wants Trump to run again and they plan to re-elect him if he does. (1 Viewer)

By no means a guarantee that Trump is the Republican nominee. It’s looking more and more like Ron DeSantis is going to challenge him.

By no means a guarantee that Trump is the Republican nominee. It’s looking more and more like Ron DeSantis is going to challenge him.
I’m no fan of DeSantis but at least he is not Trump.  If the election were tomorrow and my choice was DeSantis or Biden, I am voting 3rd party.

We have 2 more years so my stance could change between now and Election Day 2024.

I think he’s waiting until 2028. I would say the biggest issue I have with him is how vindictive he is. Sound familiar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to the Trump Rally in the background as I work at the office. Playing all the hits, everything is the very worst, he is the very best, rigged elections, everyone he likes is the very best, everyone he hates is evil and the worst, all of the false claims and he asks "would you like me to run again?" And then says he will remember their reaction. He calls up three guys and they all talk for about 30 seconds just saying how amazing Trump is. RSBN who is showing the rally had one commercial to "pay the bills". The commercial spot was for My Pillow of course.

No crowd shots. Camera tight on Trump. 

How you can support this guy is beyond me. I just don't get it.
Why would you do that.   I dont know if any non psycho trump supporter would do that.

Doesnt sound healthy.

Why would you do that.   I dont know if any non psycho trump supporter would do that.

Doesnt sound healthy.

Same reason I'm spending time on TruthSocial. Because I want to understand. My parents are Trump supporters. Not "go to rally, or own red hats" supporters, but they are. And this was not what they raised me to believe. Their church is just this side of being a weekly Trump rally, and that was not the church we grew up in. My Dad was and is and always will be my hero, at times, the only person I could depend on as a kid, and I don't understand why he voted for this guy twice.

And I want to know why a large portion of our country is sucked into liking, loving, worshipping this guy. Like last night, you have to assume that the people there have either attended or watched many of his other rallies. He even made the comment to some "very beautiful ladies" that have been to "75 rallies". And then they watch him make the same comments, the same jokes, with the same pauses, the same insults and the same narcissist  narrative. It's an hour of catchphrases and cringy insults. And people eat this up. People smart enough to drive and hold down jobs and have families.

And I just don't get it.

Same reason I'm spending time on TruthSocial. Because I want to understand. My parents are Trump supporters. Not "go to rally, or own red hats" supporters, but they are. And this was not what they raised me to believe. Their church is just this side of being a weekly Trump rally, and that was not the church we grew up in. My Dad was and is and always will be my hero, at times, the only person I could depend on as a kid, and I don't understand why he voted for this guy twice.

And I want to know why a large portion of our country is sucked into liking, loving, worshipping this guy. Like last night, you have to assume that the people there have either attended or watched many of his other rallies. He even made the comment to some "very beautiful ladies" that have been to "75 rallies". And then they watch him make the same comments, the same jokes, with the same pauses, the same insults and the same narcissist  narrative. It's an hour of catchphrases and cringy insults. And people eat this up. People smart enough to drive and hold down jobs and have families.

And I just don't get it.
All i can say is you never will.  But hey no reason to stop trying.    I think if you ever understand it youll probably end up a trump guy.

Obviously we don’t see eye to eye on this, but one point I would add: your use of the phrases “Trump/Pence” and “Biden/Harris” are misleading. Neither Mike Pence nor Kamala Harris has played any real or significant role in this nation’s governance. No Vice President in modern history has, with the possible exception of **** Cheney. VPs serve a largely ceremonial purpose. They are there to help the President get elected, that’s all. 

I suspect that in this instance you used the phrase “Trump/Pence” to give Donald Trump a little more credibility. And you might want to consider why it’s necessary to do that. 

Mike Pence was an integral part of the COVID team.  Trump could give Pence a task and you could count on him to do it.  Kamala Harris, yeah, not so much.  

I think he’s waiting until 2028. I would say the biggest issue I have with him is how vindictive he is. Sound familiar?

I don't find Desantis to be vindictive.  I find him to be someone who doesn't sugar coat things and has no issue with confronting the press when they try to nail him with a gotcha question that is not accurate and/or out of context.  Some of that may overlap with Trump but from a policy perspective I didn't have much issue with Trump.  If Destantis can marry policy decisions with a more reserved approach to his interaction with the public and media I'll have no issue voting for him if he runs.

Bogart said:

And I just don't get it.
Not just this, but people smart enough to own successful businesses and be actual self-made millionaires. Talked with a guy last week who works for a Christian non-profit organization and a guy I highly respect. He was downright giddy about having met Trump a couple of weeks ago. Said he reacted like a teenage girl at a Beatles concert.

I don't get it either.  While I'm about as Conservative as they come on this board, I couldn't vote for Trump in either primary or general election in which he ran.  I think he is an immoral, self-absorbed and narcissistic person who does not belong in the Oval Office as a guest, much less the actual President. Why more of my fellow Christian conservatives don't see it is baffling to me.

If one is not bothered by Don's self-absorption and narcissism, it raises the question of how they deal with similar people in everyday life. I avoid those types like they're carrying typhoid; what do Trump admirers do?

Mike Pence was an integral part of the COVID team.  Trump could give Pence a task and you could count on him to do it.  Kamala Harris, yeah, not so much.  
What COVID Team?  They did nothing but deflect blame and responsibility and underdeliver on their promises.  

Users who are viewing this thread