What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Actions/trends that need to be retired immediately (2 Viewers)

once helped the friend of a friend push his motorcycle up steps from outside, in to their first floor apartment in a 2-story 4-plex.

guy said he was just going to store the bike inside for a couple days since he didn't want it getting stolen or some ****. anyways, he wound up keeping the bike in their living area for weeks, wrenching on the thing and periodically starting it up to test out his tinkering.

guy would fire it up and rev the thing repeatedly. in their living room. he did it once when i was over. that's a loud i don't ever want to experience again in my lifetime.
My first year of college my roommate, while I was asleep, got his motorcycle up the elevator and into our room. Then he started it up 2 feet from my head. He said I levitated. There was a lot of yelling.

guy would fire it up and rev the thing repeatedly. in their living room. he did it once when i was over. that's a loud i don't ever want to experience again in my lifetime.
I can't imagine how, after the FIRST time, the office didn't get a call from everyone else in the building. I'm pretty confident in saying that HAD to break the rules of his lease.
best i can say is everyone in the building was sub-25

and someone eventually did call the cops on him and he had to move the bike out. just don't recall the turnaround time from moving the bike in to moving it out.

I used to be so happy that I hadn't experienced about 90% of the things posted in this thread. Now I'm starting to get the feeling I'm just really out of touch with the world.

Don't worry so much about being blissfully out-of-touch. I think your feet are sturdy but the world is spinning off of its axis.

I used to be so happy that I hadn't experienced about 90% of the things posted in this thread. Now I'm starting to get the feeling I'm just really out of touch with the world.
What each of us thinks "the world" is, is only "the part of the world we know". There are millions of people who know the world differently and who think "the world" is something different than what we think "the world" is. We just gravitate to the part(s) of the world we're used to and comfortable with. But it's a mistake to think the entire world is that way.

Get out of my mud hut.

Not sure if these are as popular in other regions as they are here.... but these damn e-bikes. They are everywhere. First of all, it boggles my mind that folks have the expendable income to buy their pre-teen a bike that's well over $1K, but mainly it's because they are way faster than a regular bicycle and therefore hard to judge what the rider is going to do in the bike lane. Way faster than a regular bike but slower than a car... so right in that sweet spot where it's just tough to figure them out especially in the morning taking your kid to school or in the early afternoon picking them up. These things are EVERYWHERE here in SoCal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread