What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (1 Viewer)

Anybody still believe in Jhoulys Chacin? I might be tempted except for that ridiculous 75 pitch thing
OK. I picked him up in a dynasty league. He was sharp tonight and the rotation experiment is bound to end along with Jim Tracy's career.

I dont think I can ignore Garrett Jones any longer
Been playing him vs. righties all year - 63 G 40 R 14 HR 49 RBI 1 SB .296 AVG, essentially been platooning him with Ibanez - 62 G 29 R 10 HR 35 RBI 2 SB .239 AVG. .267 AVG 69 R 24 HR 84 RBI 3 SB from one spot, basically what Teixeira's done. I love platoons.

he's been in my utility spot for 3-4 weeks. very happy with him.i just picked up david murphy. i may have to sit beltran, if he keeps stinking up the joint. but murphy has been doing quite well over the last month.

he's been in my utility spot for 3-4 weeks. very happy with him.i just picked up david murphy. i may have to sit beltran, if he keeps stinking up the joint. but murphy has been doing quite well over the last month.
Murphy has the same problem as Garrett - sits vs. lefties. I can't imagine sitting Beltran for them, definitely not in weekly leagues, maybe selectively when the other guys get righties in daily leagues - don't know, I sold Beltran a while ago and haven't paid attention to what he's been doing.

Murphy has the same problem as Garrett - sits vs. lefties. I can't imagine sitting Beltran for them, definitely not in weekly leagues, maybe selectively when the other guys get righties in daily leagues - don't know, I sold Beltran a while ago and haven't paid attention to what he's been doing.
he's been stinking it up. 23/99 15 9 7 16 4 .232 .797 r, dbl, hr, rbi, sb, avg, ops over the last 30 days.36/95 14 12 2 16 1 .379 .991 murphy over the same time span. no homers but everything else is equal or better. and beltran had 3 of those steals in 1 game. :shrug: as soon as i sit him, beltran will go off. garrett jones 34/102 20 7 8 26 0 .333 1.051and murphy has been named the every day left fielder. :shrug:

Murph has been better vs. lefties lately, but the small sample size has me thinking a correction is more likely than this maintaining because so much of his success vs. lefties this year has been singles only. For his career

vs. righties - 291/358/484

vs. lefties - 266/312/361

And that's including 54 2012 AB's vs. lefties to the tune of 396/444/479, so it was even worse before the year.

Murph's treated me well in the platoon role I've utilized him in, but his only real asset vs. lefties is batting average and that's even up for debate. Not sure what format you're in but if it's weekly unless Murph has 6 righties lined up I'd find it hard to justify benching Beltran for him. As you said, as soon as you bench Beltran, he'll blow up.

Would you guys starts Garrett Jones over Jennings in a week that the Pirates face all righties?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be that guy, but he should have been off the wire about 6 weeks ago. A month ago at least.In the last month, he has the third most HR, 4th most RBI, 6th most R, and is hitting 333. He is probably the most valuable 1B in that timeframe, and likely a top 5 OF.

Not to be that guy, but he should have been off the wire about 6 weeks ago. A month ago at least.In the last month, he has the third most HR, 4th most RBI, 6th most R, and is hitting 333. He is probably the most valuable 1B in that timeframe, and likely a top 5 OF.
this hawk picked him up july 6th ;)
Same day I did. :hifive:
:hifive:

Hard to drop Rutledge with his slash line the way it is, but why in the world is he not starting everyday? He's a mental midget on defense or something?

Jerry Sands :shrug:

Right handed power bat playing half his games in Fenway. Decent BB and SO numbers. The Dodgers rushed him last year and he wasn't terrible (103 OPS+) but he didn't get much of a shot this year. He wouldn't be the first player to benefit from a change in scenery.

Jerry Sands :shrug:Right handed power bat playing half his games in Fenway. Decent BB and SO numbers. The Dodgers rushed him last year and he wasn't terrible (103 OPS+) but he didn't get much of a shot this year. He wouldn't be the first player to benefit from a change in scenery.
Oh well, maybe next year.

Deep League Flyer: Jimmy Paredes called up to Houston. He wasn't terrible in his stint earlier this year and could be a source of cheap speed down the stretch. Paredes strikes out too much but he's not in Brett Jackson/Anthony Gose territory.

Josh Rutledge or Kevin Frandsen anything to see here?
Rutledge has been one of the best SS for the past month, especially when you play him at Coors. He has some annoying injury for the past week, but even so he has pinch hit and is 4/7 with a HR and some RBI and a steal.In other words pick him up now.

Who has a firmer grip on their closer role...Gregerson or Cishek?

Need one of them this week with Jansen going down and no clear closer for the Dodgers. Florida plays 7 games, which is also nice.

So uggla has been benched, and there is nothing on waivers:

Ricky Weeks

Mike Aviles

Dustin Ackley

Daniel Murphy

Kelly Johnson

Ryan Roberts

Darwin Barney

Gordon Beckham

Chris Nelson

Logan Forsythe

Pedro Ciriaco

Jeff Keppinger

Tyler Greene

Donovan Solano

Jamey Carroll

Thoughts?

Chris Nelson or Pedro Ciriaco are both decent plays. If you power and RBI, Nelson, especially when he is at Coors, is your man. If you need speed and runs, go with Ciriaco.

So uggla has been benched, and there is nothing on waivers:Ricky WeeksMike AvilesDustin AckleyDaniel MurphyKelly JohnsonRyan RobertsDarwin BarneyGordon BeckhamChris NelsonLogan ForsythePedro CiriacoJeff KeppingerTyler GreeneDonovan SolanoJamey CarrollThoughts?
Weeks has been solid since the All Star break, extrapolate those #'s over a full season (150-155 G's) and they're 110/20/60/20/.274. He's my play.

'DA RAIDERS said:
no ones got nuttin? it's playoff time!
My head to heads ended NFL week 1, don't have to worry about players being rested at the end of the season and allows us to shift all of our attention to football. 2 for 2 in titles this year :excited: Still battling in my roto's though. Look destined for 2nd in one and best case scenario is 2nd in another - 4 of us vying for 2nd-5th - have shots in the other two but there's 4 and 5 teams respectively within 5 pts of the lead in both. Haven't been doing many adds though - selective streaming, Will Venable's road trips, and Chris Nelson. ABout it since August.

Users who are viewing this thread