What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Addai owners (1 Viewer)

shadyridr

Footballguy
Is this guy worth a roster spot just to handcuff Addai? True Indy's offense is unmatched but this guy is a 27 year old rookie. How good could he do if Addai is hurt? I have him on my bench now just in case Addai gets hurt but with bye weeks and other waiver wire players emerging Im not sure how long I can hold him on my roster.

Is this guy worth a roster spot just to handcuff Addai? True Indy's offense is unmatched but this guy is a 27 year old rookie. How good could he do if Addai is hurt? I have him on my bench now just in case Addai gets hurt but with bye weeks and other waiver wire players emerging Im not sure how long I can hold him on my roster.
The Addai owner in my league just picked him up today. I was surprised since we only have 5 bench spots. I think handcuffing is a waste of space for some RB's, especially with Keith Kenton - who is this guy? I can't justify giving a roster spot to such an unproven back up. I handcuffed last year with SA and Westbrook and neither backup played up to expectations. I regretted it later because I could have picked up much better players but wanted the security of a handcuff.I am not against handcuffing, but I find myself handcuffing players who are in a full blown RBBC or proven back ups (Dunn/Norwood, MJD/Fred Taylor, LT/Turner etc).

The Addai owner in my league just picked him up today. I was surprised since we only have 5 bench spots. I think handcuffing is a waste of space for some RB's, especially with Keith Kenton - who is this guy? I can't justify giving a roster spot to such an unproven back up.
People probably said the same thing about Dominic Rhodes a number of years ago when Edge went down. Sometimes you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Addai owner in my league just picked him up today. I was surprised since we only have 5 bench spots. I think handcuffing is a waste of space for some RB's, especially with Keith Kenton - who is this guy? I can't justify giving a roster spot to such an unproven back up. I handcuffed last year with SA and Westbrook and neither backup played up to expectations. I regretted it later because I could have picked up much better players but wanted the security of a handcuff.I am not against handcuffing, but I find myself handcuffing players who are in a full blown RBBC or proven back ups (Dunn/Norwood, MJD/Fred Taylor, LT/Turner etc).
full blown RBBC for LT/Turner?? come on . . .there is nothing wrong with backing up Addai with Keith . . . what if he misses 2 or 3 games? Then some guy gets lucky and gets decent RB value for a few weeks (via waivers) while you're starting some scrub you would never think about starting if Addai was healthy . . .

With a 20 man roster, I would pick him up. The only problem is that we cannot do any transaction until after the first week. And our WW is based by worst recond so, unless I lose the first week, I won't get a shot at picking him up :kicksrock:

On that offense any back could be ok, so he would definatly be worth the roster slot .

http://www.kentonkeith.com/career.html

also this....

Kenton Keith's NFL debut arrived after a circuitous four-year trip to Saskatchewan as a Canadian Football League star.

So don't tell the Indianapolis Colts running back his first NFL carry Monday night was just preseason. It meant something. His only other NFL experience ended abruptly in 2004 when the New York Jets cut him before he could taste preseason.

Finally, his chance. And when Keith broke through on a 9-yard run against Chicago, it served notice he is in the running with DeDe Dorsey and rookie Clifton Dawson for the Colts' backup job behind Joseph Addai.

Keith added a 7-yard rush and a 4-yard catch. He played despite a bone spur in his left ankle.

"I know there are a lot of cuts about to be made," he said of the Colts' impending roster trims next week. "I couldn't afford to sit out again. I had to be healthy even if I wasn't, and had to go out there and show 'em what I've got."

The Colts are counting on one of the three -- none of whom has an official NFL carry -- to emerge so they can keep Addai fresh. The two-back system was a key in last season's Super Bowl XLI title run.

Keith missed the Colts' preseason opener because of the ankle, but the 5-11, 210-pound back has played in pain before. He was the Saskatchewan Roughriders' MVP last season despite a rib injury.

"He's doing fine in practice and continued to show that in the game," Colts coach Tony Dungy said. "We had every reason to believe he would play well in the game and he did."

Keith's agent, Jason Medlock, began taking NFL calls after his client ran for 1,037 yards, 6.2 per carry, and caught 52 passes for 513 yards with Saskatchewan in 2006. Keith chose the Colts over Dallas, Buffalo and Minnesota. The Colts' spread offense seemed ideal for Keith's versatility, Medlock said.

full blown RBBC for LT/Turner?? come on . . .
Please reread his post.

The Addai owner in my league just picked him up today. I was surprised since we only have 5 bench spots. I think handcuffing is a waste of space for some RB's, especially with Keith Kenton - who is this guy? I can't justify giving a roster spot to such an unproven back up. I handcuffed last year with SA and Westbrook and neither backup played up to expectations. I regretted it later because I could have picked up much better players but wanted the security of a handcuff.

I am not against handcuffing, but I find myself handcuffing players who are in a full blown RBBC or proven back ups (Dunn/Norwood, MJD/Fred Taylor, LT/Turner etc).

there is nothing wrong with backing up Addai with Keith . . . what if he misses 2 or 3 games? Then some guy gets lucky and gets decent RB value for a few weeks (via waivers) while you're starting some scrub you would never think about starting if Addai was healthy . . .
You missed "or proven back ups" in my post. Turner is a back that can produce like a number 1 back. Neither Westbrook's or SA's back up can produce like a number 1 so why waste a valuable bench spot. Sure, if I were in a league that had 7 or 8 bench spots, I'd consider reserving an unproven back up. But with limited bench spots in a 12-man league, where potential sleepers like Kevin Curtis or Greg Jennings are free agents, I can't justify reserving a spot for Keith Kenton if I owned Addai. I have 4 running backs... If one of my starters is injured, I start one of the other two.

Dropped Tony Hunt in one league (18 man rosters) to grab him - figuring the #2 in Indy > the #3 in PHI. This is a 14 team league - so it gets thin @ the end. I wouldn't drop a RBBC guy for him, but bench fodder? why not.

Had a draft last night-12 teams/18 man rosters/flex

Round 17 and it's flyer pick time for me. (Must draft 2 K and would in round 18). Anyway, 2 picks before me a guy drafts Dorsey and immediately starts giving the Addai owner an earful. I, as commish, hurried the next guy to pick. He did and I then drafted the true backup in Keith. It was painful watching the Dorsey owners expression as I informed him Dorsey had been cut Saturday. It was priceless, aside from the entire room totally cracking up.

OK as far as rostering him, I am not sold that Addai will be the full time guy. Apparently, neither is Dungy. Theres a link dealing with that somewhere on this site.

I have him in a couple of leagues. I am very curious to see how the RB break down is going to translate in Indy. If Keith is the number 2 back and gets touches he could end up being unbeilevable value for a guy not being drafted in most leauges. People keep saying Keith is unproven but he did play at an elite level in the CFL. Now, I know it is the CFL, but he has been game planning and playing professional football the last 4 years.

The guy ran extremely well in the CFL. In his 4 year career of rushing the ball in Saskatchewan he had 610 attempts for 3811 yards which works out to a ridiculous 6.2 ypc. He also added 126 receptions for 1178 yards. He had 22 TD's to 19 fumbles.

The Addai owner in my league just picked him up today. I was surprised since we only have 5 bench spots. I think handcuffing is a waste of space for some RB's, especially with Keith Kenton - who is this guy? I can't justify giving a roster spot to such an unproven back up. I handcuffed last year with SA and Westbrook and neither backup played up to expectations. I regretted it later because I could have picked up much better players but wanted the security of a handcuff.

I am not against handcuffing, but I find myself handcuffing players who are in a full blown RBBC or proven back ups (Dunn/Norwood, MJD/Fred Taylor, LT/Turner etc).

there is nothing wrong with backing up Addai with Keith . . . what if he misses 2 or 3 games? Then some guy gets lucky and gets decent RB value for a few weeks (via waivers) while you're starting some scrub you would never think about starting if Addai was healthy . . .
You missed "or proven back ups" in my post. Turner is a back that can produce like a number 1 back. Neither Westbrook's or SA's back up can produce like a number 1 so why waste a valuable bench spot. Sure, if I were in a league that had 7 or 8 bench spots, I'd consider reserving an unproven back up. But with limited bench spots in a 12-man league, where potential sleepers like Kevin Curtis or Greg Jennings are free agents, I can't justify reserving a spot for Keith Kenton if I owned Addai. I have 4 running backs... If one of my starters is injured, I start one of the other two.
you're right, I misread . . .and I am talking about leagues with 8 or 9 bench players, not 5 open slots, so I see your point . . .

Had a draft last night-12 teams/18 man rosters/flexRound 17 and it's flyer pick time for me. (Must draft 2 K and would in round 18). Anyway, 2 picks before me a guy drafts Dorsey and immediately starts giving the Addai owner an earful. I, as commish, hurried the next guy to pick. He did and I then drafted the true backup in Keith. It was painful watching the Dorsey owners expression as I informed him Dorsey had been cut Saturday. It was priceless, aside from the entire room totally cracking up.OK as far as rostering him, I am not sold that Addai will be the full time guy. Apparently, neither is Dungy. Theres a link dealing with that somewhere on this site.
the guy talked trash about picking up Dorsey two days AFTER he was cut???you can't make this stuff up . . . LOL . . .

Depends on the size of the league. I don't think he's an ideal handcuff, far from it. So unless 60+ RBs are coming off the board, I wouldn't be in a hurry to roster Keith.

Carter_Can_Fly said:
I have him in a couple of leagues. I am very curious to see how the RB break down is going to translate in Indy. If Keith is the number 2 back and gets touches he could end up being unbeilevable value for a guy not being drafted in most leauges. People keep saying Keith is unproven but he did play at an elite level in the CFL. Now, I know it is the CFL, but he has been game planning and playing professional football the last 4 years. The guy ran extremely well in the CFL. In his 4 year career of rushing the ball in Saskatchewan he had 610 attempts for 3811 yards which works out to a ridiculous 6.2 ypc. He also added 126 receptions for 1178 yards. He had 22 TD's to 19 fumbles.
I am amazed at how Keith is being ignored, but Dorsey wasn't. I don't get why people would have had Dorsey before, but won't pick up Keith, who badly outplayed Dorsey in preseason. I am one who expects him to get more playing time than people think.

Jason Wood said:
Depends on the size of the league. I don't think he's an ideal handcuff, far from it. So unless 60+ RBs are coming off the board, I wouldn't be in a hurry to roster Keith.
In a dyansty league I'm in that I have Addai, another owner picked him up off FA and tried to trade him to me for a future draft pick. I do not see any long term value that would justify giving up much of anything for him. He has absolutely no value to any other owner. His value is likely limited to this season only and it's not worth giving up much for him. This time next year we'll be asking who he is.

I have Addai and dropped Brian Leonard to pick up Keith. I figured Leonard might produce more if no injuries are involved, but I went with the handcuff in the event of a serious injury to Addai.

I have Addai and dropped Brian Leonard to pick up Keith. I figured Leonard might produce more if no injuries are involved, but I went with the handcuff in the event of a serious injury to Addai.
:goodposting: I just did the same EXACT move last night

I would have stuck with Leonard, who seems like he has more upside. Both Leonard or Keith are likely only of use if Jackson or Addai, respectively, gets hurt.

I would have stuck with Leonard, who seems like he has more upside. Both Leonard or Keith are likely only of use if Jackson or Addai, respectively, gets hurt.
I agree Leonard has more upside in a time-sharing role, but much of the concern over Addai has focused on if he is capable of carrying the load over the course of a season. Jackson has proven he can be a workhorse, so seemingly Addai's backup is more likely to see meaningful time over the course of the year. I'm not hoping this happens by any stretch, but merely hedging the guy I took 4th overall based largely on the offense he plays behind.

I agree Leonard has more upside in a time-sharing role, but much of the concern over Addai has focused on if he is capable of carrying the load over the course of a season. Jackson has proven he can be a workhorse, so seemingly Addai's backup is more likely to see meaningful time over the course of the year. I'm not hoping this happens by any stretch, but merely hedging the guy I took 4th overall based largely on the offense he plays behind.
Gotcha - I missed the fact that you already own Addai, so that makes sense.

No, from what I hear they will pick up a veteran before week 2. I expect Keith to only be Addai's backup for week one. They could then sign someone like Fason or Cason and save a little money. If they signed a vet now the contract would be guaranteed or something like that... I know there's a benefit to waiting a week before signing a veteran which is why there were a lot of waiver wire pick ups and next to no veteran signings from the cuts.

No, from what I hear they will pick up a veteran before week 2. I expect Keith to only be Addai's backup for week one. They could then sign someone like Fason or Cason and save a little money. If they signed a vet now the contract would be guaranteed or something like that... I know there's a benefit to waiting a week before signing a veteran which is why there were a lot of waiver wire pick ups and next to no veteran signings from the cuts.
Good point. There is no shortage of RBs out there - some even reasonably serviceable - ready to be signed.

I have him rostered in a fairly deep dynasty (26 roster spots). I am not the Addai owner and at this point, he would likely be the first guy I would cut if I needed to make a move.

Keith is the backup this year. Period. They'll pick up a 3rd tailback but he won't know the system well enough to move ahead of Keith.

Keith had 12 carries for 64 yards in the pre-season. Pretty good - go ahead and look up Addai's pre-season stats from last season just to put that in perspective. He earned the job - he was way better than Dorsey, but the problem was that it wasn't obvious until game 3 of the pre-season because he didn't play in week 1 of the preseason.

I inquired as to what it would take to get Keith in a dynasty league. I was offering a 3rd rounder. The other guy thought he was worth more than a second rounder. I said there was no way I was giving up a 1st rounder for a backup RB. He offered me Keith, a 2nd for my 1st rounder. Couldn't do it.

Told him we weren't on the same page and hoped he enjoyed Keith eating up a roster spot....

Took Keith in the last round (20th) of my draft where I got Addai (and JLew, APeterson, Leon). You have to take 5 RBs in this 12-team league. It was Monday night, and actually someone drafted Dorsey in the mid teens. :shrug:

Until the Colts pick up somebody else, if they even do, I'll keep Keith around.

Rev said:
Why is everyone so sure that this guys is the #2? Did I miss something?
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but right now he is number 2 on the depth chart with nobody else at all in jeoprady of being number 2. They cut everyone in contention. Now, I do think that Indy will bring someone in to challenge for the number 2 spot, but as of right now, he is clearly number 2 on that roster.

TheFanatic said:
I inquired as to what it would take to get Keith in a dynasty league. I was offering a 3rd rounder. The other guy thought he was worth more than a second rounder. I said there was no way I was giving up a 1st rounder for a backup RB. He offered me Keith, a 2nd for my 1st rounder. Couldn't do it. Told him we weren't on the same page and hoped he enjoyed Keith eating up a roster spot....
Counter with Keith and a 3rd for your 2nd.KK may have some serious value as the season progresses.

My RB's were Addai, Brown, C. Williams, L. Betts and C. Taylor (can only have 5 RB's) so didn't have a need for the backup! Sweet!

TheFanatic said:
I inquired as to what it would take to get Keith in a dynasty league. I was offering a 3rd rounder. The other guy thought he was worth more than a second rounder. I said there was no way I was giving up a 1st rounder for a backup RB. He offered me Keith, a 2nd for my 1st rounder. Couldn't do it. Told him we weren't on the same page and hoped he enjoyed Keith eating up a roster spot....
Counter with Keith and a 3rd for your 2nd.KK may have some serious value as the season progresses.
I doubt that would do it. I have 4 starting RB's in a 12 team league so I'm not hugely concerned if he goes down. I will miss his production but I have other guys that would be sitting on my bench who could step in and pick up some of the slack. I'm not all that concerned about it. I can get by without the guy. I made an offer to give the guy a sure fire asset to his team (a pick) for someone that may not start all season for either of us and he turned it down. Some owners would rather hoard all the toys. Even the ones they will never play with just so other don't get to play with them when offering a fair price....

The only RBs I can think of handcuffing is Turner for LT and Betts for Portis. KK is an unknown at this point but he is playing on a high powered offense and is the back up to a RB (Addai) thats never carried a full load in the NFL or College. He may be worth a flier if you have room on your roster to stash him just in case Addai does break down.

I think everyone is underestimating the role that Addai will play in this offense. The only reason that he didn't get more carries last year was that he had Rhodes in front of him who understood the complex offensive scheme and could handle Peyton's constant audibles. If you look at the late run in the playoffs, it was Addai in at crunch time. It doesn't show up in the stats so much, but if you go back and watch the games, it was Addai in at the end, not DRhodes. I see Addai in a EJames type of role with this team this year, and provided he stays healthy, there is not much value in his backup.

My opinion only. Take it for what it's worth.

The only RBs I can think of handcuffing is Turner for LT and Betts for Portis. KK is an unknown at this point but he is playing on a high powered offense and is the back up to a RB (Addai) thats never carried a full load in the NFL or College. He may be worth a flier if you have room on your roster to stash him just in case Addai does break down.
That doesnt hold true for bigger / more competitive leagues. Its more then a flier.

I think everyone is underestimating the role that Addai will play in this offense. The only reason that he didn't get more carries last year was that he had Rhodes in front of him who understood the complex offensive scheme and could handle Peyton's constant audibles. If you look at the late run in the playoffs, it was Addai in at crunch time. It doesn't show up in the stats so much, but if you go back and watch the games, it was Addai in at the end, not DRhodes. I see Addai in a EJames type of role with this team this year, and provided he stays healthy, there is not much value in his backup. My opinion only. Take it for what it's worth.
the end would be the Super Bowl . . . in that game, backup Rhodes had 21/113/1 . . .

That doesnt hold true for bigger / more competitive leagues. Its more then a flier.
I am in a competative league and have neither. KK is a flier if your weak at RB and have Addai as a starter. If KK is picked up by anyone and Addai goes down...KK might step in and become a FF stud. Thus KK at this point = flier. Anything can happen in the NFL we all know that. Make your decisions accordingly.As for the guy who projects 2007 Addai = 1999 Edge, aint gonna happen. Addai isn't that good but he plays on a great offensive team so the numbers will be there. We'll see how the season plays out.

I am in a competative league and have neither. KK is a flier if your weak at RB and have Addai as a starter. If KK is picked up by anyone and Addai goes down...KK might step in and become a FF stud. Thus KK at this point = flier. Anything can happen in the NFL we all know that. Make your decisions accordingly.As for the guy who projects 2007 Addai = 1999 Edge, aint gonna happen. Addai isn't that good but he plays on a great offensive team so the numbers will be there. We'll see how the season plays out.
I dont know, but Addai is looking pretty impressive to me.

Keith again looked really good in limited action. He did noting but solitify his back up role even more this evening. Keith looks like a great handcuff for Addai owners, and would produce very well if given the chance.

Keith again looked really good in limited action. He did noting but solitify his back up role even more this evening. Keith looks like a great handcuff for Addai owners, and would produce very well if given the chance.

Keith was pretty awsome in the CFL . just you tube him and watch his highlights ..

he might be 27 .. but he is ahead of a ROOKIE curve so to speak

Handcuffed Addai with Keith and couldn't be happier. The only thing that worries me is Keith looked too good. Would hate for them to start splitting carries.

Users who are viewing this thread