What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Addai should return in week 16 (1 Viewer)

blackjack23

Footballguy
Colts coach Tony Dungy expects Joseph Addai (shoulder) and Bob Sanders (knee) to return in Week 16.Dungy added that it would have been risky to suit both up Sunday, seeing as the Colts play again on Thursday. Plus, they were playing the Lions. "Probably both of those guys would have been doubtful to play two games in five days," Dungy said. "We thought the prudent thing was to rest them up. I think they should be ready to go." The Colts visit Jacksonville Thursday night. Dec. 15 - 11:03 am et

Colts coach Tony Dungy expects Joseph Addai (shoulder) and Bob Sanders (knee) to return in Week 16.Dungy added that it would have been risky to suit both up Sunday, seeing as the Colts play again on Thursday. Plus, they were playing the Lions. "Probably both of those guys would have been doubtful to play two games in five days," Dungy said. "We thought the prudent thing was to rest them up. I think they should be ready to go." The Colts visit Jacksonville Thursday night. Dec. 15 - 11:03 am et
Don't care, Rhody got me to the Superbowl and for that I'm grateful. Good luck to all you Addai owners who want to use him for your biggest game of the year!

Don't care, Rhody got me to the Superbowl and for that I'm grateful. Good luck to all you Addai owners who want to use him for your biggest game of the year!
I'll be starting JStew instead of Addai. Again.

I think people who drafted Addai and are in the champ game are few and far betweenLike, 1 in 183 leagues

It still should be a light load for Addai. I think they want him healthy for the playoffs. Rhodes might get a lot of touches

yinzer said:
I think people who drafted Addai and are in the champ game are few and far betweenLike, 1 in 183 leagues
That one league would be mine, and I'm going against him. Here's hoping he and Rhodes split carries, but if not, I'm not expecting much.

I'm one, but he certainly hasn't led my team to the championship, having rhodes on my bench and inserting him strategically has been the only saving grace. This Thursday represents another classic Joseph-I'm-going-to-screw-your-team-up-somehow-Addai situation. No other options, so you have to go w/ the named starter

At this point, I'm going to start him. Obviously, I'd LOVE for him to earn his draft position in the biggest game of the year.

Im in the championship game with Addai and unless we hear he will get a light workload I dont see how I cant start the starting RB over the backup. Im sure he'll screw me.

I traded for Addai (Jacobs) 1/2 way through the season, and I'm in the superbowl this weekend. I started him maybe two weeks, one in which he had his best game of the year. I don't think I'd start him this week unless I had no other options (and my rb's are weak to begin with - LJ/K.SMith/Ward) I can pick 2 of that group that I like better than Addai.

I couldn't start him unless Rhodes was out. He's been that bad.
:confused: Has anyone heard if Addai practiced today (Tuesday)? Since Indy has a short week, I'm hoping that if he doesn't put in two solid practices, Dungy may sit him again to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

It still should be a light load for Addai. I think they want him healthy for the playoffs. Rhodes might get a lot of touches
:tumbleweed: I believe it'll be a mixture of the 2 concerning carries. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhodes came out with better stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
(TheHuddle) Indianapolis Colts RB Joseph Addai (shoulder) participated in practice Tuesday, Dec. 16. He is expected to play in the team's Week 16 game.

Analysis: Addai's return will obviously mean a downgrade for Dominic Rhodes, but probably not a total one. Rhodes should still get some carries, and there's a good chance he'll get looks at the goal line as Indy tries to minimize the punishment Addai takes.

Seeing as most think Rhodes is playing better than Addai, then why don't they rest Rhodes for the playoffs and give Addai a bigger workload?

I agree with RotoWire's assessment. There's no reason for the Colts to give Addai a ton of carries this week. He doesn't appear to be healthy and they want to make sure he's healthy for the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhodes got more carries against the Jags.

From RotoWire:

Addai (shoulder) was a full participant in Tuesday's practice, but team president Bill Polian insisted Addai was still questionable for Thursday's game against Jacksonville, the Associated Press reports. Head coach Tony Dungy thought Addai would be able to play this week and a full day of practice indicates he'd be physically capable. However, Dominic Rhodes has filled in well when Addai has been banged up this year, so don't be surprised if the Colts give the ball to Rhodes in an attempt to save Addai for the playoffs.

I agree with RotoWire's assessment. There's no reason for the Colts to give Addai a ton of carries this week. He doesn't appear to be healthy and they want to make sure he's healthy for the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhodes got more carries against the Jags.From RotoWire:Addai (shoulder) was a full participant in Tuesday's practice, but team president Bill Polian insisted Addai was still questionable for Thursday's game against Jacksonville, the Associated Press reports. Head coach Tony Dungy thought Addai would be able to play this week and a full day of practice indicates he'd be physically capable. However, Dominic Rhodes has filled in well when Addai has been banged up this year, so don't be surprised if the Colts give the ball to Rhodes in an attempt to save Addai for the playoffs.
But like the poster above you said (and like you thought all season) why are they trying to save Addai for the playoffs if both Rhodes and Addai are equal talents?

I agree with RotoWire's assessment. There's no reason for the Colts to give Addai a ton of carries this week. He doesn't appear to be healthy and they want to make sure he's healthy for the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhodes got more carries against the Jags.From RotoWire:Addai (shoulder) was a full participant in Tuesday's practice, but team president Bill Polian insisted Addai was still questionable for Thursday's game against Jacksonville, the Associated Press reports. Head coach Tony Dungy thought Addai would be able to play this week and a full day of practice indicates he'd be physically capable. However, Dominic Rhodes has filled in well when Addai has been banged up this year, so don't be surprised if the Colts give the ball to Rhodes in an attempt to save Addai for the playoffs.
But like the poster above you said (and like you thought all season) why are they trying to save Addai for the playoffs if both Rhodes and Addai are equal talents?
Didn't you mock me last week for sharing my thoughts about Rhodes and Addai? If so, I'll keep them to myself this week. :goodposting:

People like you crack me up.

Didn't you mock me last week for sharing my thoughts about Rhodes and Addai? If so, I'll keep them to myself this week. :thumbup:
:blackdot:

Even *if* they are equal talents they still need a healthy RB in case one goes down. It would make sense to rest Addai at this point instead of risking going into the playoffs with two banged up RB's (if Rhodes were to get hurt).

Good news for me and other Rhodes owners MAYBE:

Despite being listed as full participants in Tuesday's practice, Joseph Addai (shoulder) and Bob Sanders (knee) are not certain to play Thursday according to Colts president Bill Polian.

Rotoworld:

Coach Tony Dungy told reporters Tuesday that he thought both would play, but Polian isn't so sure: "Joseph is questionable, and Bob ... is, too. I would say Bob's chances are probably 51-49 of playing." It could be that Dungy is more concerned with Thursday's game while Polian is keeping in mind the bigger playoff picture. We should have a better idea after Wednesday's practice.

Well, then I'm the guy with Addai on my team in the TWO championships this weekend. In one league, I'm not going to play him as I have Lynch, AD, and Portis ahead of him. I could start Addai ahead of Schaub in the Flex, but it's not going to happen.In the other league, I'm likely to play Addai. I don't have a 2nd running back past DeAngelo Williams (i've gone through Chris Perry, Ricky Williams, Tatum Bell, and others) so Addai will be a nice addition this week. Addai "won me" two games this season... games I would have lost and not made the playoffs if not for him. I feel like I owe it to him to start him. :thumbup:

Joseph Addai (shoulder) and Marvin Harrison (hamstring) are both listed as questionable for Thursday night's game.

Rotoworld:

Indianapolis listed 12 players, or 23% of its roster, as "questionable" to face Jacksonville. Addai practiced fully for a second straight day Wednesday, but GM Bill Polian has made it sound like he's a game-time decision. Harrison did not practice at all this week. The Colts haven't expressed much concern about his status. Addai will be worth a RB2 play if he's active. We fully expect him to be since Tony Dungy said he would likely play.

Colts coach Tony Dungy reiterated Wednesday that his "sense is" Joseph Addai (shoulder) will play in Week 16 against the Jaguars.

Rotoworld:

Dungy isn't committed to Addai playing, though, and fantasy owners should consider him a game-day decision. "We're going to be cautious if there's any issues at all," Dungy said. "We probably won't know until game time."

Last edited by a moderator:
For those in leagues that run through Week 17, Dungy said he will rest his key players (especially if they're banged up) next week if they win tonight. So I wouldn't count on Addai in Week 17.

otb_lifer said:
harryhood said:
Franknbeans said:
blend said:
any updates?
GTD
:unsure:
.... ehhhhh .... with Joey 'ACRY' now a GTD, i'm starting Rhodes with confidence at my flex spot this week (SUPER BOWL!)even if Acry is active, i'm sure he'll be no more than a "cameo", 'cause of all his boo-boos. guy who concerns me with Rhodes is Simpson ... kid took a TD away last week, as well as a few full series ...
I am also thinking this is the safer play if you own both of them

Well, then I'm the guy with Addai on my team in the TWO championships this weekend. In one league, I'm not going to play him as I have Lynch, AD, and Portis ahead of him. I could start Addai ahead of Schaub in the Flex, but it's not going to happen.In the other league, I'm likely to play Addai. I don't have a 2nd running back past DeAngelo Williams (i've gone through Chris Perry, Ricky Williams, Tatum Bell, and others) so Addai will be a nice addition this week. Addai "won me" two games this season... games I would have lost and not made the playoffs if not for him. I feel like I owe it to him to start him. :unsure:
I have him in 2 of my 5 championship games, and I also have him in a semifinal. But none can really give any credit to Addai for getting there.

packersfan said:
For those in leagues that run through Week 17, Dungy said he will rest his key players (especially if they're banged up) next week if they win tonight. So I wouldn't count on Addai in Week 17.
Shouldn't he be resting Rhodes? :hifive:

packersfan said:
Shouldn't he be resting Rhodes? :lmao:
I wouldn't be surprised if both Addai and Rhodes sat out next week if the Colts win tonight.

So let's say Addai is ruled out. Where do you rank Rhodes for this week then? Is he a low #1, high #2? Would you dare play him over some of the #1 backs with bad matchups, like LT vs TB, Turner vs Min, Portis vs Phil or CJ vs Pitt?

Interesting call for a Thursday game.

i don't know why, but I'm pretty sure Addai is playing. Why would they rule him out after practicing fully for two days? The danger is that he re-injures himself... I know some have called it a GTD, but i'm not sure I understand why since it has been reported that he has practiced the past two days?

Users who are viewing this thread