What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (3 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

The Oakland Tribune's Jerry McDonald doubts the Raiders would trade for Adrian Peterson.
Owner Mark Davis was resolutely against Oakland acquiring Greg Hardy this offseason because of his off-field issues, and McDonald believes that sentiment makes any deal for Peterson unlikely. There is also the issue of compensation. The Raiders are not just one player away from competing, and they would be better served using any picks they would use to land Peterson on young, inexpensive talent. Peterson could still find his way to Oakland, but it does not appear to be the most likely outcome.

Related: Raiders

Source: Inside The Oakland Raiders
Apr 18 - 12:41 PM

Rotoworld:

The Oakland Tribune's Jerry McDonald doubts the Raiders would trade for Adrian Peterson.
Owner Mark Davis was resolutely against Oakland acquiring Greg Hardy this offseason because of his off-field issues, and McDonald believes that sentiment makes any deal for Peterson unlikely. There is also the issue of compensation. The Raiders are not just one player away from competing, and they would be better served using any picks they would use to land Peterson on young, inexpensive talent. Peterson could still find his way to Oakland, but it does not appear to be the most likely outcome.

Zero chance he ends up in Oakland. Everything is media speculation at this point.

Rotoworld:

I don't put Peterson in the same category of "off-field issues" as Greg Hardy. The only reason I think there is a slight chance is Reggie McKenzie. I didn't understand why he signed veterans like Justin Tuck, and LeMarr Woodley a year ago. They definitely have the cap and shown interest in a star RB when they pursued Demarco Murray. If I was Rick I would take a little less to get Peterson out of the NFC.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's out of minny. gotta be a contending team has he has 1, maybe 2 years left. 2/3 probability of Dallas 1/3 Arizona.

I think the Vikes need to stick to their guns. He did this to himself. I think it's more like 70/30 that he plays in Minnesota next season.

Sabertooth said:
I think the Vikes need to stick to their guns. He did this to himself. I think it's more like 70/30 that he plays in Minnesota next season.
Why do you think they should stick to their guns? They wont win enough with him to matter. He doesnt want to be there. They seem to be building a decent young nucleous that they could add to with additional draft picks.Seems the should trade him if you ask me.
He's reslly only interested in what's worst for Peterson.

So you think they shouldn't try to win it all? They won 7 games last year. 3 more gets you in the playoffs. You don't think Adrian could have helped push them past the games they lost 4 games by a total of 9 points. I would hope Mike Zimmer isn't going to give up on the year in April. Lol

Being smart means trying to win. Adrian would help them win games. If they don't win, the coach gets fired and they reboot again.

I appreciate your work posting usually relevant articles, Faust. However, when an article starts off with "Houston Texans running back Alfred Blue is coming off a solid rookie campaign in which he earned 528 yards on 169 carries and three starts in place of an injured Arian Foster." You wonder why it was written. It feels like he clearly and deliberately mentioned the yards and attempts neglecting the YPC to try to give more credit to the opinion that Blue had a solid rookie season for those unable to recognize how bad a season he had. Any RB who has an opportunity to start for 3 games, racks up 169 carries, and puts out a measley 3.12 YPC is anything but a solid year, rookie or not. Hell he had an identical season rushing the ball to Trent Richardson last year (less TDs and receptions though).

I appreciate your work posting usually relevant articles, Faust. However, when an article starts off with "Houston Texans running back Alfred Blue is coming off a solid rookie campaign in which he earned 528 yards on 169 carries and three starts in place of an injured Arian Foster." You wonder why it was written. It feels like he clearly and deliberately mentioned the yards and attempts neglecting the YPC to try to give more credit to the opinion that Blue had a solid rookie season for those unable to recognize how bad a season he had. Any RB who has an opportunity to start for 3 games, racks up 169 carries, and puts out a measley 3.12 YPC is anything but a solid year, rookie or not. Hell he had an identical season rushing the ball to Trent Richardson last year (less TDs and receptions though).
Guy just doesn't get it does he?

I guess you can say the writer's opinion is one to ignore because of his AB comments, but the point of the article is to point out Peterson's determination which isn't irrelevant at all.

Hearing Peterson to Cowboys for Orlando Scandrick (sp?) and their 1st round pick. No link, just a radio call.
Probably pure speculation based on this:

The other prominent non-attendee is raising a few eyebrows. Cornerback Orlando Scandrick is reportedly not present today. Nobody has a firm reason why, but speculations is already starting about his deal, compared to the Cowboys other cornerbacks, and how that might not sit well with Scandrick.

Scandrick, who lives in California, has been the Cowboys’ best cornerback the last few seasons, but he is set to make a base salary of only $1.5 million. That’s significantly less than cornerback Brandon Carr ($8 million base salary in 2015) and cornerback Morris Claiborne ($2.6 million base salary in 2015).

We don't know if that is an issue, or if Scandrick is skipping the workout for other reasons (it is, after all, voluntary). At this point, despite how the media may hype this up, I would view it with a skeptical eye. Let's just wait and see.

Probably. They claim it was from the same source that told them Jimmy Graham was on the trading block a couple weeks before he was dealt, which they didn't believe at the time.

Rotoworld:

A source close to the situation told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that the Vikings will likely not trade Adrian Peterson if they can't find a taker before or during the draft.
"If he's not traded next week, they're going to keep him," said the source. In other words, the Vikings want a draft pick this year for Peterson, and potentially a player. The source named Arizona, Atlanta, Dallas, Jacksonville, San Diego, and Tampa Bay as potential trade partners for Minnesota. The source added that he would be surprised if the Vikings could get a first-round pick for Peterson. "If they got a second-round pick and a player, they'd be doing well," the source said.

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
Apr 20 - 5:54 PM

Rotoworld:

A source close to the situation told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that the Vikings will likely not trade Adrian Peterson if they can't find a taker before or during the draft.
"If he's not traded next week, they're going to keep him," said the source. In other words, the Vikings want a draft pick this year for Peterson, and potentially a player. The source named Arizona, Atlanta, Dallas, Jacksonville, San Diego, and Tampa Bay as potential trade partners for Minnesota. The source added that he would be surprised if the Vikings could get a first-round pick for Peterson. "If they got a second-round pick and a player, they'd be doing well," the source said.

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
Apr 20 - 5:54 PM
A 2nd round pick and a good player seems like a fair deal.

Being smart means trying to win. Adrian would help them win games. If they don't win, the coach gets fired and they reboot again.
What incentive does he have to play his heart out for the vikes? To play when hurting? If he is unhappy there he can be more of a detriment than help

Pots said:
I guess that's why they are a struggling franchise
After last season, the Cowboys are clearly a dynasty. Reality is your team can't offer anything for Peterson because they can't afford him.
The Cowboys could restructure Carr and Witten to fit Peterson. They are already so highly leveraged against the cap they might as well make a run before Romo's back gives out.

Pots said:
I guess that's why they are a struggling franchise
After last season, the Cowboys are clearly a dynasty. Reality is your team can't offer anything for Peterson because they can't afford him.
The Cowboys could restructure Carr and Witten to fit Peterson. They are already so highly leveraged against the cap they might as well make a run before Romo's back gives out.
I don't know about Witten but Carr's contract has been restructured once already. They already consider him to be overpaid and I doubt they want to give him more guaranteed money.

What incentive does Dez have to play his heart out for the Cowboys? To play when hurting? If he is unhappy there he can be more of a detriment than help
Except Dez doesn't have a contract after this year.
I doubt Peterson does either. Vikings can release him with no penalty. Rich Eisen has speculated that this is the real reason Peterson is unhappy with the Vikings.

What incentive does Dez have to play his heart out for the Cowboys? To play when hurting? If he is unhappy there he can be more of a detriment than help
I doubt Peterson does either. Vikings can release him with no penalty. Rich Eisen has speculated that this is the real reason Peterson is unhappy with the Vikings.
Next time read the contract before you sign it, AP.

Peterson was well aware of the contract's details when he signed it. He and the Vikings were probably both expecting to restructure the contract after 2-3 years (with Peterson getting some more bonus money in exchange for a lower salary), but the suspension changed all that.

But let's not pity Mr. Peterson just yet. He's still in a very good position to get a nice payday.

Peterson was well aware of the contract's details when he signed it. He and the Vikings were probably both expecting to restructure the contract after 2-3 years (with Peterson getting some more bonus money in exchange for a lower salary), but the suspension changed all that.

But let's not pity Mr. Peterson just yet. He's still in a very good position to get a nice payday.
More like next time don't whip a little kid with a stick Mr. Peterson. You might get caught be a responsible adult.

Rotoworld:

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

PFT expects the Vikings to keep Adrian Peterson barring a "modern-day Herschel Walker-type package."

The Vikings don't seem to care that Peterson no longer wants to play for them. They also won't be getting a huge return on a trade for a 30-year-old running back who is set to make more than $13 million in 2015. "The Vikings want Peterson, and theyre confident that the passage of time will smooth over any ruffled feathers," says PFT.

Source: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports.com

Apr 21 - 8:17 AM

Rotoworld:

Speaking in a Tuesday radio interview, Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said he didn't envision "using any (draft) picks to trade for veteran players."
It's Jones' attempt to throw cold water on the Adrian Peterson rumors. Peterson continues to be linked to Big D, but the Cowboys appear to have adopted a more cautious approach to player acquisition the past two years. There's also the matter of the Vikes insisting Peterson isn't available. We wouldn't declare Peterson to Dallas outright dead, but it's looking highly unlikely.

Related: Cowboys

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Apr 21 - 1:34 PM

Rotoworld:

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said acquiring Adrian Peterson is "not any direction that we would go."

Bradley admits he and GM Dave Caldwell had a "conversation" about Peterson "a while ago," but it was just that -- a conversation. We're not sure any team is interested in acquiring "All Day" at the Vikings' current asking price of "at least a first-round pick and more." He's due an exorbitant $12.75 million.

Related: Jaguars

Source: Florida Times Union
Apr 22 - 9:49 AM

Users who are viewing this thread