What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***AFC Championship - Kansas City Chiefs 13-6 at Baltimore Ravens 14-4*** (-4, 44.5) 3:00 (2 Viewers)

I think some people are tired of the coverage, not their happiness. Probably best to just tune it out.
This is my take.. I am sure Kelce is a good guy, he comes off as a good dude, and I am sure Swift means a lot to her fan base, even though I am not sure she is a good person, but whatever.

My issue, if CBS especially, just shows her after every catch and Tony talking about her.I am waiting for a Swift Cam on CBS + or something where they just show her the whole game.

She is dating a guy on KC, Cool, move on

How many times did they show Swift during the game? I missed the first half and only saw her on screen once during the second half. I did not watch any of the pre- or post-game.
Personally I don’t mind seeing an attractive woman while watching football.

Maybe that’s not everyone’s thing. Maybe some would prefer seeing a handsome dude. Not that there’s anything wrong with that Hey, I don’t judge. :shrug:
Seriously, I rather watch the game and not see her jumping around after every catch Kelce makes.
I don’t give a single fancy F about it.

It’s good for the sport. It brings in new fans. We should all be ok with it.

And even if I did care, I certainly wouldn’t let it live rent free in my head like some y’all do.
The bring new fan thing was great and 100% true the first few games she attended, but now the whole thing seems to be about her. I actually thought it was cool when she attended the Bears game, but week in and week out it's always about her and to me that isn't exciting anymore and had nothing to do with football.

I think some people are tired of the coverage, not their happiness. Probably best to just tune it out.
This is my take.. I am sure Kelce is a good guy, he comes off as a good dude, and I am sure Swift means a lot to her fan base, even though I am not sure she is a good person, but whatever.

My issue, if CBS especially, just shows her after every catch and Tony talking about her.I am waiting for a Swift Cam on CBS + or something where they just show her the whole game.

How many times did they show Swift during the game? I missed the first half and only saw her on screen once during the second half. I did not watch any of the pre- or post-game.

Maybe that’s not everyone’s thing. Maybe some would prefer seeing a handsome dude. Not that there’s anything wrong with that Hey, I don’t judge. :shrug:
Seriously, I rather watch the game and not see her jumping around after every catch Kelce makes.

And even if I did care, I certainly wouldn’t let it live rent free in my head like some y’all do.
The bring new fan thing was great and 100% true the first few games she attended, but now the whole thing seems to be about her. I actually thought it was cool when she attended the Bears game, but week in and week out it's always about her and to me that isn't exciting anymore and had nothing to do with football.
Ok grandpa.

It’s not all about her.

You’re trying really hard to make it all about her.

To me it’s a cameo - she’s dating Kelce. Of course they’re gonna show her reaction when he does something.

I don’t dwell on it for a single second afterwards. I think it’s a little weird that others do. Wasted energy.

To each their own.

It’s not all about her.

To me it’s a cameo - she’s dating Kelce. Of course they’re gonna show her reaction when he does something.

I don’t dwell on it for a single second afterwards. I think it’s a little weird that others do. Wasted energy.

To each their own.
You don't understand it.. I am watching a sporting event.. I care about what is happening on the field. I don't care what is going on in the stands or in the press box. I think the idea they continue to show her after every catch is creepy, almost as bad as showing fan reactions after their team loses.

It’s not all about her.

To each their own.
You don't understand it.. I am watching a sporting event.. I care about what is happening on the field. I don't care what is going on in the stands or in the press box. I think the idea they continue to show her after every catch is creepy, almost as bad as showing fan reactions after their team loses.
I completely understand. You’re obsessed with it, so every instance is magnified 1000x in your mind. So much so that 24 hours later you’re still complaining about it on a FF forum.

I assure you, Taylor Swift is somewhere far away, not thinking about you for an instant.

It’s not all about her.

To each their own.
I completely understand. You’re obsessed with it, so every instance is magnified 1000x in your mind. So much so that 24 hours later you’re still complaining about it on a FF forum.

I assure you, Taylor Swift is somewhere far away, not thinking about you for an instant.
That's good.. I am glad..

It’s not all about her.

To each their own.
Do you get this mad when they show Jerry Jones that much? Robert Kraft?

From a local Ravens reporter:
The Ravens’ designed-run rate (17.5%) was the third lowest of any game in franchise history since 2000 and the sixth lowest of the 568 regular-season and playoff games played this season.

Curious strategy IF YOU'RE THE #1 RUSHING TEAM IN THE ENTIRE NFL
I honestly think the Ravens panicked once they saw what Mahomes was doing to their defense early in the game.

The Ravens’ designed-run rate (17.5%) was the third lowest of any game in franchise history since 2000 and the sixth lowest of the 568 regular-season and playoff games played this season.

I honestly think the Ravens panicked once they saw what Mahomes was doing to their defense early in the game.
Yeah, that was my thought as well. Or they felt forced to keep up with the pace of the Chiefs, when all they really needed to do was play their brand of football.

It was super weird.

It’s not all about her.

To each their own.
That's a bad comparison.. The two you listed are owners of teams, so they have involvement in the game.. The other up until a few weeks into the season wasn't even involved in the NFL. In fact she really isn't still outside dating a player.

But yes, I do get annoyed when they show owners, the fans, cheerleaders, mascots over and over.

But yes, I do get annoyed when they show owners, the fans, cheerleaders, mascots over and over.
Wait, what?

Cheerleaders?

You’re annoyed when they show cheerleaders. NFL cheerleaders, over and over, creates annoyance.
:confused:

I’ve never heard of that before. I’m gonna need a minute to process that.

If there were a streaming show that only showed NFL cheerleaders over and over I’d probably subscribe.

It’s not all about her.

To each their own.
That's a bad comparison.. The two you listed are owners of teams, so they have involvement in the game.. The other up until a few weeks into the season wasn't even involved in the NFL. In fact she really isn't still outside dating a player.

It sounds like either sports are not for you or you have issues you need to address elsewhere (which I mean in the nicest way possible, honest). I mean, if you are bothered by them showing fans, cheerleaders, etc., oof.

It’s not all about her.

To each their own.

It sounds like either sports are not for you or you have issues you need to address elsewhere (which I mean in the nicest way possible, honest). I mean, if you are bothered by them showing fans, cheerleaders, etc., oof.
Why? Because when a football game is on, I want it to be getaway from all the other BS. I just want to watch the games, see the players/coaches, and not see a singer or what's going on in the stands every 30 seconds.

As for cheerleaders, I think their serve no purpose in the NFL.. Glad the Steelers don't have them.

Why? Because when a football game is on, I want it to be getaway from all the other BS. I just want to watch the games, see the players/coaches, and not see a singer or what's going on in the stands every 30 seconds.
It’s weird how folks who say stuff like this always seem to be able find something else to be bothered by.

Even if they get rid of all that stuff, there’ll be something. You can set your watch by it.

May you have a more contented life.
❤️

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Or they felt forced to keep up with the pace of the Chiefs, when all they really needed to do was play their brand of football.

It was super weird.
There was so much time left and you could see that the Ravens defense had settled in. I just don't get it. It's not like Harbaugh & Monken are novices, but they sure acted like it Sunday.

I'd rather see Taylor Swift enjoying herself 10 times during a broadcast,than Jerry Jones once trying to figure out why his team didn't win again.
Not me!! 😃

:lmao:

Uh, Jerruh, wat you gon' do next year with that coaching staff?

:confused, puzzled look:

Uh, Jerruh, let me ask again. Wat you gon' do next year with that coaching staff?

:same confused, puzzled look:

Gold, Jerruh! Gold.

Wow, we're still arguing about the cutaways to Taylor Swift? This was nothing compared to what the coverage will be. This is one's chance to reach all of America collectively in one moment. This will be the highest-rated television event of the year, and it's (for the time being) still on free television.

So buckle up, fellas, it only gets worse during the Super Bowl. Better yet, shake it off. Halftime show demographics are now full time and all.

For the record, I don't think even features about Taylor Swift could ruin football for me. I don't mind the Chiefs.

Now, if it became a cultural thing whereby if you dislike the Chiefs, there's something wrong with your person, which is the line of argument I'm seeing here, then I want no part of it and will hate the Chiefs out of simply that declarative.

It's a lousy declarative. People have the right to dislike what they want in this manufactured media age. I'll generally take a curmudgeon's company to that of the poptimist.

For the record, I don't think even features about Taylor Swift could ruin football for me. I don't mind the Chiefs.

Now, if it became a cultural thing whereby if you dislike the Chiefs, there's something wrong with your person, which is the line of argument I'm seeing here, then I want no part of it and will hate the Chiefs out of simply that declarative.

It's a lousy declarative. People have the right to dislike what they want in this manufactured media age. I'll generally take a curmudgeon's company to that of the poptimist.
I don't hate KC cause of Swift... I am starting to hate the whole NFL cause of Swift.

I hate KC cause of their whiny QB who seems to get everything called in his favor.. Remember the Jets game?
The way he acted after the Bills Regular season game was Also a black eye on him. I get emotions, but come on. Toney was a mile offsides. Anybody with any Football sense could see that. For him to act the way he did at the handshake and after the game was crazy.

As for Swift, I get the hate should be more towards the broadcast as they are the ones who continue to hero worship her throughout the games, but my hate for her goes deeper and Imo when someone put themselves in into events that effects million s daily, they should be open to criticism.

But I am actually done talking about Swift, CBS has the game and I fully expect them to show her about 15-20% of the time and she will get more TV time than Andy Reid.

I don't hate KC cause of Swift... I am starting to hate the whole NFL cause of Swift.

I hate KC cause of their whiny QB who seems to get everything called in his favor.. Remember the Jets game?
The way he acted after the Bills Regular season game was Also a black eye on him. I get emotions, but come on. Toney was a mile offsides. Anybody with any Football sense could see that. For him to act the way he did at the handshake and after the game was crazy.
Get a load of this guy.

ETA: I guess it is a thing now. Chiefs = Pats (well without the cheating)

If the Chiefs get blown out how much will they show Swift? Does she then become a villain if she shows negative emotions, or do they turn it into a sympathy party?

If the Chiefs get blown out how much will they show Swift? Does she then become a villain if she shows negative emotions, or do they turn it into a sympathy party?
They aren't getting blown out and no way they lose.. The NFL will see to that somehow. If KC loses the thousands of Swifties who will watch to see their hero will be very upset and rip them on Twitter and TikTok.

They aren't getting blown out and no way they lose.. The NFL will see to that somehow. If KC loses the thousands of Swifts who will watch to see their hero will be very upset and rip them on Twitter and TikTok.
Nah. The NFL will get what they need just by potentially having her at this game.

They aren't getting blown out and no way they lose.. The NFL will see to that somehow. If KC loses the thousands of Swifties who will watch to see their hero will be very upset and rip them on Twitter and TikTok.
When are you getting fitted for your tin foil hat?

How do the ravens not run the ball after leading the league in rushing all year? 3 carries for their rb1? The fix is and was in. We watching wwf boys

Macdonald leaving feels an awful lot like Kubiak leaving after his one year as o-coordinator. Finally had the Flacco offense running like a well oiled machine then...poof. Never did recover from that until LJ showed up. Have to see who the Ravens bring in but Macdonald is a big loss.

How do the ravens not run the ball after leading the league in rushing all year? 3 carries for their rb1? The fix is and was in. We watching wwf boys
yeah....how the fixers (whoever they are) convinced Lamar to throw that pick is crazy.....and to get Flowers to fumble that TD.....these WWF guys are good....really good

could you expand on this....how exactly.....you probably mean like how they got Lamar to throw that pick and Flowers to fumble that ball....who will it be next Purdy and Kittle maybe?...

Users who are viewing this thread