What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFC Championship - Patriots Hold Off Jags (1 Viewer)

Believe me or not but I feel strong the video evidence will back up my claim.  I didn't rewatch anything.  Just what I saw on the broadcast.
There is holding on every play. Other than one weak PI call, I thought the game was pretty well called. The Jaguars are going to get more penalties most of the time, they have a more aggressive defense and they are younger.

There is holding on every play. Other than one weak PI call, I thought the game was pretty well called. The Jaguars are going to get more penalties most of the time, they have a more aggressive defense and they are younger.
So the better younger DL will make more mistakes.  Got it.  

You realize the biggest problem fans have is the dishonesty of NE fans to the blatant lean of the refs, right?

Its bad enough it happens, it’s even worse the fans can’t admit it. It’s ok. You have an advantage and get away with it. 
Kinda the pot calling the kettle black no?

This is the only example I will give.  At the end of the game when Harrison got the sack.  The OL decided not to hold.  Now all game NE OL did.  So you might say they know how to play better when the rules are not being enforced.

BusterTBronco said:
Well, Jagwads.  Ya gave it yo best shot.  Nuttin you can do now but accept the inevitable.  It's Tom Brady time!
Jagwads?

And since when are you a Pats fan?  I guess when it’s not convenient to switch between the Broncos and Seahawks?

I don’t care if you hate NE, but Brady going to 12 AFC championships with 8 SB appearances and at least 5 SB titles in 16 seasons as a starter is on another level. 50% SB appearances.  
If you are not a fan of the Pats you kind of have to be sick and tired of them winning (or straight up hate them :lol:  )  - but you should also acknowledge their greatness.  All the stuff you mentioned plus 7 straight AFCCG appearances is remarkable. 

This is the only example I will give.  At the end of the game when Harrison got the sack.  The OL decided not to hold.  Now all game NE OL did.  So you might say they know how to play better when the rules are not being enforced.
How many times were the Jaguars called for holding?  

If you are not a fan of the Pats you kind of have to be sick and tired of them winning (or straight up hate them :lol:  )  - but you should also acknowledge their greatness.  All the stuff you mentioned plus 7 straight AFCCG appearances is remarkable. 
NFL is pretty weak.   

Just trying to keep things civil. We should all be able to talk a little football and smack within the boundaries of the rules the mods here have set (we'll see if they are enforced). 
500 posts crying and complaining about phantom calls should be less acceptable than one laughing emoji

I grew up in CT, in the shadow of the Patriots success, as a kid rooting for the abysmal Redskins. I used to hate the Patriots. After 3 SBs I started just appreciating the greatness, even though I live in Boston and can't stand most NE sports fans. 
Yah, people in here really have nooo idea.

500 posts crying and complaining about phantom calls should be less acceptable than one laughing emoji
Take it up with the mods. They made it clear in that thread a few months ago that addressed the state of the forum that quoting another poster and simply laughing at their post with an emoticon was not excellent and would not be allowed.  msudaisy26 did that at least three times in this thread alone today.  I love a good discussion or a good friendly argument; laughing at someone's post does nothing to further a discussion. 

Be thankful they saved you from a double dud Qb showdown! ;)
Yea, don't know if I would have watched a Jags/Whoever game, so valid point. But I know with certainty I have no interest in watching the Pats again. Maybe I should start rooting for another Warriors/Cavs NBA Final and make the year complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it up with the mods. They made it clear in that thread a few months ago that addressed the state of the forum that quoting another poster and simply laughing at their post with an emoticon was not excellent and would not be allowed.  msudaisy26 did that at least three times in this thread alone today.  I love a good discussion or a good friendly argument; laughing at someone's post does nothing to further a discussion. 
Small man move to @ Jb and you know it

Can't make this up

This is BS, with the exception  of two flags. Pats flags  were ticky tac, while the blantly obvious calls weren't even called against the Jags.  In typical Pat fans fashion their complaing about two calls were the only ones argueing about bad calls is Pat fans trying to deflect from the crap whole everyone just experienced.  And a few typical fans saying they thought it was a fair called game lol.  It's like clock work happens every time.  LOL.

P.s. Romo  freaking sucks bad!

Complaining about the calls and insinuating the Patriots have an unfair advantage is not a discussion.  It was a ridiculous post and rightfully deserved to be :lmao:  at.

This is BS, with the exception  of two flags. Pats flags  were ticky tac, while the blantly obvious calls weren't even called against the Jags.  In typical Pat fans fashion their complaing about two calls were the only ones argueing about bad calls is Pat fans trying to deflect from the crap whole everyone just experienced.  And a few typical fans saying they thought it was a fair called game lol.  It's like clock work happens every time.  LOL.

I would :lmao:  at this, but I don't even think it's English.

Looks like english, but....

Users who are viewing this thread