What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahmad Brooks dismissed from team (1 Viewer)

This belongs in FFA as it's about a bunch of Virginia players that a majority of us has never heard of.

IIRC, Brooks can theoretically get himself into the April draft if he petitions. But more likely, he'll be part of a supplemental draft and, for SURE, he'll have teams willing to bid at least a 2nd rounder for him.

IIRC, Brooks can theoretically get himself into the April draft if he petitions. But more likely, he'll be part of a supplemental draft and, for SURE, he'll have teams willing to bid at least a 2nd rounder for him.
Jason, I wouldnt want my team taking a big risk on a guy who has weight/injury/ and obviously being a turd problems. 2nd rd is very high in my mind. Maybe 4th rd.

Amazing how things can change in just over a year:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...opic=126755&hl=

13. New Orleans - Ahmad Brooks - LB - UVA - New Orleans has plenty of problems. Has their ever been a team that looks so good on paper and then stinks up the joint just when you think they are putting it all together? Brooks should be able to come in and improve the lackluster play of the N.O. LB group. He's a tough, physical LB with solid skills and speed and while I don't think he's as good as Vilma or Johnson, he's a fine LB prospect who should be able to help right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason, I wouldnt want my team taking a big risk on a guy who has weight/injury/ and obviously being a turd problems. 2nd rd is very high in my mind. Maybe 4th rd.
What's a late 2nd round pick to the Steelers for a guy with 1st round talent?If a 2nd is too high, then a 3rd would be an outright steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This belongs in FFA as it's about a bunch of Virginia players that a majority of us has never heard of.
If you've not heard of Ahmad Brooks, you may want to read a bit more.
:yes: It isn't that long ago that Brooks was mentioned in the same breath as AJ Hawk, D'Qwell Jackson, etc.

:yes: It isn't that long ago that Brooks was mentioned in the same breath as AJ Hawk, D'Qwell Jackson, etc.
but you cant downplay what has happened between now and then - injured, then out of shape, then kicked off the team...another guy, i think he was a running back from a big 10 team, he fits this profile...

but you cant downplay what has happened between now and then - injured, then out of shape, then kicked off the team...another guy, i think he was a running back from a big 10 team, he fits this profile...
You're absolutely right. My comment was more in referance to the comment that people here haven't heard of him. I won't put Brooks in the same category as that Buckeye, but point taken.

You're absolutely right. My comment was more in referance to the comment that people here haven't heard of him. I won't put Brooks in the same category as that Buckeye, but point taken.
i wont put him in that category yet, mo had a good extra year of slacking off on ahmad... I would definitely be wary of spending higher than a 3rd on him, however.

One note: UVa runs a very clean program. So it only takes a couple of infractions to get disciplines or kicked off the team. They are not like most other schools.

Can you please elaborate on this? How can he still be eligible for the draft?

You know where Tony Hollings went right?

Any news along this angle?

If he has Al Groh's recommendation there's a handful on NFL teams that will draft him just on that.

that flopped, how does that affect Ahmad? IIRC Dave Brown was a supplemental pick that NY Giant fans wish they never made too.

that flopped, how does that affect Ahmad? IIRC Dave Brown was a supplemental pick that NY Giant fans wish they never made too.
I am not saying that bad recent and expensive supplemental picks will discount Brooks draft status in the supplemental. I am saying that because of how it works, based on current draft order and submitting a bid/pick without any knowledge of what other teams are offering, and you only get one bid, if someone really wants him, they will have to over pay.For example, if Green Bay and New Orleans were the teams that really wanted him and Green Bay was guessing that NO would bid their 3rd rounder, GB would have to bid 2nd round to trump. It's that kind of thought process and lack of information that can make a guy like Hollings a 2nd rounder (who did little to nothing in college aside from 3-4 games and was coming off an injury) that will surely land Brooks in the 2nd.

:2cents:

Has Brooks declared for the supplemental draft?
Actually I did read in ESPN magazine that was his plan. He's been working out with a personal trainer... same guy who worked Mike Williams into shape while he was outta football for a year.Sorry no link.

But yeah, he should be in it, and will most certainly be picked.

Users who are viewing this thread