What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ain't Gettin' No R-E-S-P-E-C-T... (1 Viewer)

Toads

Footballguy
Going virtually un-noticed, Kevin Walter knocks down a four year, 6.4M deal from Houston, with a $2M signing bonus, secures the #2 starting WR position on a least one noted depth chart, and is available on most Waiver Wires.

Not an earth shaking development but it is good enough to allow you a shot at a #3 WR, with some upside....a definite bye week starter type in most leagues.

Get um while they're hot.

:popcorn:

Going virtually un-noticed, Kevin Walter knocks down a four year, 6.4M deal from Houston, with a $2M signing bonus, secures the #2 starting WR position on a least one noted depth chart, and is available on most Waiver Wires.

Not an earth shaking development but it is good enough to allow you a shot at a #3 WR, with some upside....a definite bye week starter type in most leagues.

Get um while they're hot.

He may be a starter, but with Putzier and Mathis, I'm not sure what his numbers will look like.

A) The Texans are a running team

B) They still have David Carr

C) Walter will be a FA or very late pick in redrafts. Gaffney is a much better option now.

Mathis isn't even close to ready to be the wr2 btw

C) Walter will be a FA or very late pick in redrafts. Gaffney is a much better option now.

FYI Chitown Mole,Gaffney is no longer a Texan. Philly signed him to a one year deal on March 16th.

www.nfl.com

I agree that Walter is a great player to keep an eye on and is well worth what he will cost you. Now why start a buzz about him?

The #2 WR in Houston has ranked . . .

2005 Jabar Gafney 67

2004 Jabar Gaffney 51

2003 Corey Bradford 62

I would think that Walters is far from a lock to be a fantasy WR3.

FYI Chitown Mole,Gaffney is no longer a Texan. Philly signed him to a one year deal on March 16th.

www.nfl.com
I think he knows. He is a huge Texan homer. I think his point was that the departing HOU WR2 is worth more than the current one.

www.nfl.com
I think he knows. He is a huge Texan homer. I think his point was that the departing HOU WR2 is worth more than the current one.
Ahhh...so you think he's saying that Gaffney in Philly, is a much better option as a FF #3 WR, than Walter in Houston?That makes sense and you're probably right.

Last edited by a moderator:

www.nfl.com
1.) Philly doesn't have enough footballs to go around.2.) David Carr has a head coach with a clue as to how to play QB.

3.) Walter is a starting WR. Gafney is stuck as a #3, at best, behind Reggie Brown.

Walter has a shot at 5-6 targets/game, plus some Red Zone action. If Gafney gets 3 targets a game, I'm King Kong.

The #2 WR in Houston has ranked . . .

2005 Jabar Gafney 67

2004 Jabar Gaffney 51

2003 Corey Bradford 62

I would think that Walters is far from a lock to be a fantasy WR3.
well said.

www.nfl.com
Thanks, and you are right.In the 3 games Gaffney played last year while AJ was out he had 18 catches (this equates to about 100 catches a year). If you are not David Carr's first or last option you were out of luck in the Texans scheme. When Dom Davis was drafted, Billy Miller was moved to the middle of the passing option hierarchy and he disappeared from the offense and Dom Davis got all the touches. Gaffney has wonderful hands and runs good routes. Gaffney was a victom of poor QB play, poor coaching and poor line play as much as anyone on the Texans. Gaffney is going to put up 70 or so catches for 1000 yards with a real QB throwing him the ball. Perhaps Carr "gets it" in year 5. Kubiak said that Carr gave up over 20 sacks on his own last year (not the lines fault on those). Fingers crossed that Kubiak can help him overcome his lack of football instinct.

Walters is getting no respect because he doesn't deserve any at this point.

Yes, he got a good contract for what was formerly a wr4, but he could easily be displaced by a rookie wr or vet that isn't on the team yet.

He's a big ??? that deserves the sleeper tag, but nothing more.

Yikes, and he's white

edit to add: i bid 250 zbucks on him in zealots 5...it went to 550...i rebid 1000...i have 19800 zbucks (the most in z5) how far would anyone take the bidding...im thinking i may be done...i have about 3-5k zbucks i can prolly do whatever with though so will see.

Yikes, and he's white

edit to add: i bid 250 zbucks on him in zealots 5...it went to 550...i rebid 1000...i have 19800 zbucks (the most in z5) how far would anyone take the bidding...im thinking i may be done...i have about 3-5k zbucks i can prolly do whatever with though so will see.
600 ZBucks was an acceptable alternative. I slipped him though Z-36 for $50 and will probably let him ride the pine for awhile. :banned: The "Yikes He's White" deal reminds me of "Easy Ed" McCaffery. So, he's a long shot but he's a better long shot that a lot of long shots.

Does that make him a short long shot? A long short shot?

:hey:

And, the DEN passing game was, and is, built around the slant pass to someone who's Rod Smith, Ed McCaffery's size. I suspect that HOU will employ the same basic philosopy and that Walter has a good chance to see the ball, at ten yards a pop, and see it alot on the Red Zone Corner Flag Fade.....KUBS favorite play.

i bid 1000 to hopefully show im serious and end a bid war on a guy i kinda want but dont wanna spend too much on...hopefully it works...im thinking the three zero's in my bid make for a less intimidating bid...

i bid 1000 to hopefully show im serious and end a bid war on a guy i kinda want but dont wanna spend too much on...hopefully it works...im thinking the three zero's in my bid make for a less intimidating bid...
That 19.8 K is burning a hole in your pocket. You about you assign 14.8K my way and I'll council you in the ways of frugality?Maybe we could do a PayPal ZBuck transfer?

:D :bye: :P

Users who are viewing this thread