What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2005 FBG/NFL Mock Draft Rounds 2 and 3 (1 Viewer)

Well, with a little editing, the NY Jets are still going to go with a Safety...Vincent Fuller VT

JETS DRAFT:

Round 1: OT Jammal Brown

Round 2: CB Bryant Mcfadden

Round 3: S Vincent Fuller

I'm very happy with that draft - In reality I have a feeling the Jets won't get a shot at Brown or Mcfadden.... Since that pick Mcfadden had a prett good Sr. Bowl and Jammal fell far enough for us to change our script and grab what we thought was a great value. Really wanted Bullocks but, Fuller should work well with Erik Coleman and bring some needed size and speed to the secondary. With Mcfadden and Fuller added to the secondary, the entire defense should be damn good at stopping the run and they were no slouches last year. With DC Henderson with a year under his belt as well as Vilma, With Abraham signed and hopefully Ferguson signed, the Jets front 7 could be among the best in the league. Of course, hoping Abraham actually plays in Big games!!!! This draft just added the needed talent in the seondary to go along with second year CB Derrick Strait and Mickens return to what could be a very good secondary as well... This defense is ready.

We still need a TE but see a number of good prospects for the next few rounds as well as RB prospects.. Every TE seems like a project as well as a few converts from WR's or QB's to TE...Considered both positions here but, went for the speedy safety to shore up the secondary....

Last edited by a moderator:
1 (65). San Francisco 49ers - CJ Moseley - DT - Missouri2 (66) St. Louis Rams (from Miami) - Craphonso Thorpe - WR - Florida St3 (67) Cleveland Browns - Mike Patterson - DT - USC4 (68) Tennessee Titans - Andew Walter - QB - Arizona St5 (69) Oakland Raiders - Ronald Bartell - CB - Howard6 (70) Miami Dolphins (from Chicago) - Jeremy Parquet - OT - Southern Miss7 (71) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Johnson - OG - Ole Miss8 (72) Detroit Lions - Jason Campbell QB Aubrun9 (73) Houston Texans(Dallas) - Marion Barber III RB Minnesota10 (74) Washington Redskins - Fred Gibson WR Georgia11 (75) New York Giants - James Butler - S - Georgia Tech12 (76) Arizona Cardinals - Evan Mathis - OG - Alabama13 (77) Philadelphia Eagles(KC) - JJ Arrington RB Cal14 (78) Houston Texans - Michael Boley LB Southern Missisippi15 (79) Carolina Panthers - JR Russell WR Louisville16 (80) Minnesota Vikings - Mike Nugent - K - The Ohio State University17 (81) St. Louis Rams - Bill Swancutt - DE - Oregon St.18 (82) New Orleans Saints - Darrent Williams - CB - Oklahoma State19 (83) Cincinnati Bengals - Jamaal Brimmer - SS - UNLV20 (84) Baltimore Ravens - TA Mclendon RB NCSU21 (85) Jacksonville Jaguars OTC - Chris Colmer OT NCSU22 (86) Seattle Seahawks - Michael Roos OT Eastern Washington 23 (87) Buffalo Bills - Josh Bullocks S Nebraska24 (88) New York Jets - Vincent Fuller S Virgina Tech25 (89) Green Bay Packers OTC26 (90) Denver Broncos - forfeited pick27 (91) Atlanta Falcons28 (92) Tampa Bay Buccaneers(SD)29 (93) Indianapolis Colts30 (94) Philadelphia Eagles31 (95) New England Patriots32 (96) Pittsburgh Steelers

NOTE: I just pulled an audible since no one was around.. If it bothers anyone and the next guy was going to take Fuller I'll switch it but, I was all set to pick Bullocks and wrote that up already and then went for Atogwe when he was snatched... After pondering it for a while and knowing the Jets want size and speed in the secondary, I switched to Vincent Fuller..... I believe Fuller is better at coverage and Atogwe is a better run support so it's tough call but, I'm going for the size, speed and versitilty of the CB/S on a defense that I believe has been much improved and damn good at stopping the run but, may have problems with a high flying offense like Indy.....

NOTE: I just pulled an audible since no one was around.. If it bothers anyone and the next guy was going to take Fuller I'll switch it but, I was all set to pick Bullocks and wrote that up already and then went for Atogwe when he was snatched... After pondering it for a while and knowing the Jets want size and speed in the secondary, I switched to Vincent Fuller..... I believe Fuller is better at coverage and Atogwe is a better run support so it's tough call but, I'm going for the size, speed and versitilty of the CB/S on a defense that I believe has been much improved and damn good at stopping the run but, may have problems with a high flying offense like Indy.....
:thumbup:

Hmmm... I can still change my pick again right ? :P I guess when it's all over we'll all talk about the players NOT taken yet but, it seems like a few positions still have a ton of value.. I listed TE and RB before but how about the OL?

I was all set to pick Vincent Fuller for the Packers but he just went the pick before me to the Jets. I'll look at my draft board and make a pick in a few minutes.

Green Bay Packers biggest needs: DL, LB, DB, QBDraft so far:Round 1: DE David PollackRound 2: LB Odell ThurmanRound 2: QB Charlie FryeWith the first three picks of the draft we've already filled three of our biggest needs. Next priority is to shore up the defensive backfield. Two of the veterans, Al Harris and Darren Sharper, are still the most productive players in the secondary. Last years' rookies and Packers first two picks of the 2004 draft, Ahmad Carrol and Joey Thomas, saw extended playing time due to injuries and the trade of Mike McKenzie but struggled to say the least. Safeties Mark Roman and Blawoh Jue are liabilities. I'm going to assume Carrol and Thomas play better this year and pick the next safety on our draft board. Packers select:Oshiomogho Atogwe, Stanford

1 (65). San Francisco 49ers - CJ Moseley - DT - Missouri2 (66) St. Louis Rams (from Miami) - Craphonso Thorpe - WR - Florida St3 (67) Cleveland Browns - Mike Patterson - DT - USC4 (68) Tennessee Titans - Andew Walter - QB - Arizona St5 (69) Oakland Raiders - Ronald Bartell - CB - Howard6 (70) Miami Dolphins (from Chicago) - Jeremy Parquet - OT - Southern Miss7 (71) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Johnson - OG - Ole Miss8 (72) Detroit Lions - Jason Campbell QB Aubrun9 (73) Houston Texans(Dallas) - Marion Barber III RB Minnesota10 (74) Washington Redskins - Fred Gibson WR Georgia11 (75) New York Giants - James Butler - S - Georgia Tech12 (76) Arizona Cardinals - Evan Mathis - OG - Alabama13 (77) Philadelphia Eagles(KC) - JJ Arrington RB Cal14 (78) Houston Texans - Michael Boley LB Southern Missisippi15 (79) Carolina Panthers - JR Russell WR Louisville16 (80) Minnesota Vikings - Mike Nugent - K - The Ohio State University17 (81) St. Louis Rams - Bill Swancutt - DE - Oregon St.18 (82) New Orleans Saints - Darrent Williams - CB - Oklahoma State19 (83) Cincinnati Bengals - Jamaal Brimmer - SS - UNLV20 (84) Baltimore Ravens - TA Mclendon RB NCSU21 (85) Jacksonville Jaguars OTC - Chris Colmer OT NCSU22 (86) Seattle Seahawks - Michael Roos OT Eastern Washington 23 (87) Buffalo Bills - Josh Bullocks S Nebraska24 (88) New York Jets - Vincent Fuller S Virgina Tech25 (89) Green Bay Packers - Oshiomogho Atogwe S Stanford 26 (90) Denver Broncos - forfeited pick27 (91) Atlanta Falcons - OTC28 (92) Tampa Bay Buccaneers(SD)29 (93) Indianapolis Colts30 (94) Philadelphia Eagles31 (95) New England Patriots32 (96) Pittsburgh Steelers

Draft thus far:

1st round: Brodney Pool FS; Oklahoma

2nd round: Luis Castillo DT; Northwestern

3rd round: Ryan Riddle DE; California

There is a temptation to try and address the O-Line here, but with that said I still believe there is going to be value at the OT position on Day 2. Plus, Alex Gibbs is notorious for being able to work with that type and degree of talent and you don't pay an Alex Gibbs $1M/year to work with the Robert Gallery's of the world anyway.

And so, the Falcons continue to focus on building the youth on their defense with potential playmakers in Riddle who demonstrated a quantum leap in production in his senior year. While he may still need to work on developing better technique and more pass rush moves, his speed is undeniable and he could have decent impact as a situational player in 2005.

1 (65). San Francisco 49ers - CJ Moseley - DT - Missouri

2 (66) St. Louis Rams (from Miami) - Craphonso Thorpe - WR - Florida St

3 (67) Cleveland Browns - Mike Patterson - DT - USC

4 (68) Tennessee Titans - Andew Walter - QB - Arizona St

5 (69) Oakland Raiders - Ronald Bartell - CB - Howard

6 (70) Miami Dolphins (from Chicago) - Jeremy Parquet - OT - Southern Miss

7 (71) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Johnson - OG - Ole Miss

8 (72) Detroit Lions - Jason Campbell QB Aubrun

9 (73) Houston Texans(Dallas) - Marion Barber III RB Minnesota

10 (74) Washington Redskins - Fred Gibson WR Georgia

11 (75) New York Giants - James Butler - S - Georgia Tech

12 (76) Arizona Cardinals - Evan Mathis - OG - Alabama

13 (77) Philadelphia Eagles(KC) - JJ Arrington RB Cal

14 (78) Houston Texans - Michael Boley LB Southern Missisippi

15 (79) Carolina Panthers - JR Russell WR Louisville

16 (80) Minnesota Vikings - Mike Nugent - K - The Ohio State University

17 (81) St. Louis Rams - Bill Swancutt - DE - Oregon St.

18 (82) New Orleans Saints - Darrent Williams - CB - Oklahoma State

19 (83) Cincinnati Bengals - Jamaal Brimmer - SS - UNLV

20 (84) Baltimore Ravens - TA Mclendon RB NCSU

21 (85) Jacksonville Jaguars OTC - Chris Colmer OT NCSU

22 (86) Seattle Seahawks - Michael Roos OT Eastern Washington

23 (87) Buffalo Bills - Josh Bullocks S Nebraska

24 (88) New York Jets - Vincent Fuller S Virgina Tech

25 (89) Green Bay Packers - Oshiomogho Atogwe S Stanford

26 (90) Denver Broncos - forfeited pick

27 (91) Atlanta Falcons - Ryan Riddle DE California

28 (92) Tampa Bay Buccaneers(SD) - OTC

29 (93) Indianapolis Colts

30 (94) Philadelphia Eagles

31 (95) New England Patriots

32 (96) Pittsburgh Steelers

Hmmm... I can still change my pick again right ? :P I guess when it's all over we'll all talk about the players NOT taken yet but, it seems like a few positions still have a ton of value.. I listed TE and RB before but how about the OL?
yeah, there are still some really good O-lineman left. A couple of OG in particualar stick out to me as sure-fire pros with good size and feet.

G Chris Kemoeatu for the Bucs with this pick.Adding Marcus Johnson and Kemoeatu in this round adds an infusion of toughness and strength to the interior of the Bucs line. On Kemoeatu:Strengths: Massive size and frame...Strong as an ox...Can just maul defenders at times...A dominator in the running game...Intense and fiery...Good athletic ability for his size...Explosive out of his stance...Will not get pushed around. Weaknesses: Has some character questions...Has been known to lose his cool on the field and has been suspended for kicking opposing players in the face during a game :boxing: ...Immature...Struggles in space...Needs to get better technically and plays too high. Notes: You certainly never condone the type of violence on the field he has gotten in trouble for, but you can bet some coaches will love his intensity...If you are looking for a massive, dominating run blocker a la David Dixon then this is your guy...Has a brother that plays for the Baltimore Ravens.

1 (65). San Francisco 49ers - CJ Moseley - DT - Missouri2 (66) St. Louis Rams (from Miami) - Craphonso Thorpe - WR - Florida St3 (67) Cleveland Browns - Mike Patterson - DT - USC4 (68) Tennessee Titans - Andew Walter - QB - Arizona St5 (69) Oakland Raiders - Ronald Bartell - CB - Howard6 (70) Miami Dolphins (from Chicago) - Jeremy Parquet - OT - Southern Miss7 (71) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Johnson - OG - Ole Miss8 (72) Detroit Lions - Jason Campbell QB Aubrun9 (73) Houston Texans(Dallas) - Marion Barber III RB Minnesota10 (74) Washington Redskins - Fred Gibson WR Georgia11 (75) New York Giants - James Butler - S - Georgia Tech12 (76) Arizona Cardinals - Evan Mathis - OG - Alabama13 (77) Philadelphia Eagles(KC) - JJ Arrington RB Cal14 (78) Houston Texans - Michael Boley LB Southern Missisippi15 (79) Carolina Panthers - JR Russell WR Louisville16 (80) Minnesota Vikings - Mike Nugent - K - The Ohio State University17 (81) St. Louis Rams - Bill Swancutt - DE - Oregon St.18 (82) New Orleans Saints - Darrent Williams - CB - Oklahoma State19 (83) Cincinnati Bengals - Jamaal Brimmer - SS - UNLV20 (84) Baltimore Ravens - TA Mclendon RB NCSU21 (85) Jacksonville Jaguars OTC - Chris Colmer OT NCSU22 (86) Seattle Seahawks - Michael Roos OT Eastern Washington 23 (87) Buffalo Bills - Josh Bullocks S Nebraska24 (88) New York Jets - Vincent Fuller S Virgina Tech25 (89) Green Bay Packers - Oshiomogho Atogwe S Stanford 26 (90) Denver Broncos - forfeited pick27 (91) Atlanta Falcons - Ryan Riddle DE California28 (92) Tampa Bay Buccaneers(SD) - Chris Kemoeatu G29 (93) Indianapolis Colts - Attiyah Ellison DT Missouri30 (94) Philadelphia Eagles 31 (95) New England Patriots32 (96) Pittsburgh Steelers Philly is OTC. Three picks to go.

Whoever drafted for the Eagles earlier this round chose JJ Arrington. Not saying you can't give them Houston as well, but it would be unusual.

Whoever drafted for the Eagles earlier this round chose JJ Arrington. Not saying you can't give them Houston as well, but it would be unusual.
good catch...didn't notice that pick earlierwhat about OG John Drake, USC?

I second that pick. Sorry I missed the Arrington selection earlier this round.Tom

I second that pick. Sorry I missed the Arrington selection earlier this round.Tom
Works for me too.

1 (65). San Francisco 49ers - CJ Moseley - DT - Missouri2 (66) St. Louis Rams (from Miami) - Craphonso Thorpe - WR - Florida St3 (67) Cleveland Browns - Mike Patterson - DT - USC4 (68) Tennessee Titans - Andew Walter - QB - Arizona St5 (69) Oakland Raiders - Ronald Bartell - CB - Howard6 (70) Miami Dolphins (from Chicago) - Jeremy Parquet - OT - Southern Miss7 (71) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Johnson - OG - Ole Miss8 (72) Detroit Lions - Jason Campbell QB Aubrun9 (73) Houston Texans(Dallas) - Marion Barber III RB Minnesota10 (74) Washington Redskins - Fred Gibson WR Georgia11 (75) New York Giants - James Butler - S - Georgia Tech12 (76) Arizona Cardinals - Evan Mathis - OG - Alabama13 (77) Philadelphia Eagles(KC) - JJ Arrington RB Cal14 (78) Houston Texans - Michael Boley LB Southern Missisippi15 (79) Carolina Panthers - JR Russell WR Louisville16 (80) Minnesota Vikings - Mike Nugent - K - The Ohio State University17 (81) St. Louis Rams - Bill Swancutt - DE - Oregon St.18 (82) New Orleans Saints - Darrent Williams - CB - Oklahoma State19 (83) Cincinnati Bengals - Jamaal Brimmer - SS - UNLV20 (84) Baltimore Ravens - TA Mclendon RB NCSU21 (85) Jacksonville Jaguars OTC - Chris Colmer OT NCSU22 (86) Seattle Seahawks - Michael Roos OT Eastern Washington 23 (87) Buffalo Bills - Josh Bullocks S Nebraska24 (88) New York Jets - Vincent Fuller S Virgina Tech25 (89) Green Bay Packers - Oshiomogho Atogwe S Stanford 26 (90) Denver Broncos - forfeited pick27 (91) Atlanta Falcons - Ryan Riddle DE California28 (92) Tampa Bay Buccaneers(SD) - Chris Kemoeatu G29 (93) Indianapolis Colts - Attiyah Ellison DT Missouri30 (94) Philadelphia Eagles - John Drake - OG - USC31 (95) New England Patriots32 (96) Pittsburgh Steelers Philly Fan must still be thinking too much about Sunday.NE is OTC.

The 2005 Superbowl Champs look to the future at RB as they were prepared to take this guy last year before they traded for Corey.

The PATS select: Maurice Clarett 5-10 230 4.58 Ohio State

The Pats believe that a year on the bench and in the training program will prepare this kid for greatness!!!! Plus they'll have him fight for the pos with Cedric Cobbs in 2006.

Interesting choice. I wonder if MoC can lift his draft status this high based on workouts. I think the pick was a little early, but so is this draft. :D Pitt is OTC. Who is running that show? Evilgrin?

I was all set to go CB here, but I am not thrilled with the talent available at that position here, so the Steelers select

Kevin Everett, TE Miami

Strictly an upside pick as the Steelers really could benefit from a threat at TE. Everett has ideal size at 6' 6" 255 lbs, and has been clocked at 4.55 in the 40, which is nearly as fast as Mike Williams. His draft grade is lowered because he has not had a wildly productive college career, but he has the measurables you want to see in a potential game-breaking TE. His blocking also well above average, so the run game would not suffer when he is in. All in all, a boom-or-bust pick, but the best value on the board at this point, IMO.

1 (65). San Francisco 49ers - CJ Moseley - DT - Missouri

2 (66) St. Louis Rams (from Miami) - Craphonso Thorpe - WR - Florida St

3 (67) Cleveland Browns - Mike Patterson - DT - USC

4 (68) Tennessee Titans - Andew Walter - QB - Arizona St

5 (69) Oakland Raiders - Ronald Bartell - CB - Howard

6 (70) Miami Dolphins (from Chicago) - Jeremy Parquet - OT - Southern Miss

7 (71) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Johnson - OG - Ole Miss

8 (72) Detroit Lions - Jason Campbell QB Aubrun

9 (73) Houston Texans(Dallas) - Marion Barber III RB Minnesota

10 (74) Washington Redskins - Fred Gibson WR Georgia

11 (75) New York Giants - James Butler - S - Georgia Tech

12 (76) Arizona Cardinals - Evan Mathis - OG - Alabama

13 (77) Philadelphia Eagles(KC) - JJ Arrington RB Cal

14 (78) Houston Texans - Michael Boley LB Southern Missisippi

15 (79) Carolina Panthers - JR Russell WR Louisville

16 (80) Minnesota Vikings - Mike Nugent - K - The Ohio State University

17 (81) St. Louis Rams - Bill Swancutt - DE - Oregon St.

18 (82) New Orleans Saints - Darrent Williams - CB - Oklahoma State

19 (83) Cincinnati Bengals - Jamaal Brimmer - SS - UNLV

20 (84) Baltimore Ravens - TA Mclendon RB NCSU

21 (85) Jacksonville Jaguars OTC - Chris Colmer OT NCSU

22 (86) Seattle Seahawks - Michael Roos OT Eastern Washington

23 (87) Buffalo Bills - Josh Bullocks S Nebraska

24 (88) New York Jets - Vincent Fuller S Virgina Tech

25 (89) Green Bay Packers - Oshiomogho Atogwe S Stanford

26 (90) Denver Broncos - forfeited pick

27 (91) Atlanta Falcons - Ryan Riddle DE California

28 (92) Tampa Bay Buccaneers(SD) - Chris Kemoeatu G

29 (93) Indianapolis Colts - Attiyah Ellison DT Missouri

30 (94) Philadelphia Eagles - John Drake - OG - USC

31 (95) New England Patriots - Maurice Clarett, RB, THE Ohio State University (sort of)

32 (96) Pittsburgh Steelers - Kevin Everett, TE, Miami

Users who are viewing this thread