What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

al Baghdadi is dead (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good thing that Pelosi wasn't informed.  She has no business being in her position and I wouldn't trust her keeping her mouth shut.
Why does she have no business being in her position?  She seems quite competent with her job and has earned it.

Why take a chance?  I believe it's more about her agenda and to needle her because of it.  Childish?  Yes, probably, but if I were the POTUS and was treated the way she is treating Trump, I would only tell her what I absolutely had to tell her.  This isn't one of them.
I don't think the argument is about whether or not President Trump should have told her. Perhaps she would have leaked; who the actual hell knows in this political climate. I get the paranoia and mistrust if I were on that side.

However, as soon as it is stated that Democratic leaders were not told "[because it might be leaked]..." that is the point the President has gone too far.

Whatever, scumbag's dead.

Why take a chance?  I believe it's more about her agenda and to needle her because of it.  Childish?  Yes, probably, but if I were the POTUS and was treated the way she is treating Trump, I would only tell her what I absolutely had to tell her.  This isn't one of them.
Can’t disagree more with you here. We are in a bad place if people honestly think the 3rd in line would sacrifice a mission like this for some political thing. I get they hate each other but no way. 

This type of day is when people want to support the prez. It’s a softball for him and should be an easy non-political day. But he can’t help himself or he does this on purpose.

Anyways I appreciate the back and forth. 

To add to my post, I don't believe any of our current leaders in Congress would have leaked any military information. Just following that hypothetical line.

As it was a win for Obama this is a win for Trump.  The real hero’s as always are the troops on the ground who put in the work to make it happen.  Good news day and congratulations to all who were involved.  

You hit the nail on the head. Unless legally obligated, after this joke of an impeachment and the Russia conspiracy along with the rest of her fabricated drama he owes her nothing beyond what’s legally required. 

Even if he had notified Pelosi, do you think for one second she would change her agenda?  I see absolutely no harm in leaving her on the outside.
To be fair, yours was the first post I saw. Anyone who politicizes a victory against ISIS, whether the administration, democrats, republicans, whoever... it just shows that we can't even celebrate victories anymore. There's got to be some political angle to it.

Nancy Pelosi:

"The House must be briefed on this raid, which the Russians but not top Congressional Leadership were notified of in advance, and on the Administration’s overall strategy in the region. Our military & allies deserve strong, smart and strategic leadership from Washington."

Last edited by a moderator:
You hit the nail on the head. Unless legally obligated, after this joke of an impeachment and the Russia conspiracy along with the rest of her fabricated drama he owes her nothing beyond what’s legally required. 
You are also on board that Pelosi would leak a military operation to kill an ISIS leader to make Trump look bad?

And further that the president should make this statement in the same breath as he talks about the successful mission?

NancyPelosi:

"The House must be briefed on this raid, which the Russians but not top Congressional Leadership were notified of in advance, and on the Administration’s overall strategy in the region. Our military & allies deserve strong, smart and strategic leadership from Washington."
And here we go. 

Unfortunately, I think his successor is already in place. al-Baghdadi was allegedly injured so seriously in a bombing that he had to give up his leadership for several months a year or two ago.  Whoever took over then will likely take over now. 
Is it Steve Mosuli?

You are also on board that Pelosi would leak a military operation to kill an ISIS leader to make Trump look bad?

And further that the president should make this statement in the same breath as he talks about the successful mission?
I’m on board with after what he’s had to endure the last 3 years there’s no way to say with a straight face he should ever trust her for a second. It’s a two way street. 

I’m on board with after what he’s had to endure the last 3 years there’s no way to say with a straight face he should ever trust her for a second. It’s a two way street. 
Everything he has endured was brought on by his own behavior and actions.  Including the current impeachment inquiry.

Id have preferred her stay out of this and let the media or someone else do this and her focus on the House members behavior last week withe the pizza parties and put further pressure on McConnell to being passed legislation to the floor of the Senate.
Yup. She should shut it as well. 

Nobody should be surprised by Trump leaving Pelosi out.  

My hope is someday we'll be able to have heads of government that can trust each other again despite political differences.  

What’s this now?
Mrs. Betty Bowers@BettyBowers · 27m

Everything you need to know about Trump is in these two pics: The Osama bin Laden raid pic was taken in real-time, showing real decision-makers. The “Baghdadi raid” pics was staged, hours later. Trump was playing golf when it happened.

According to the public schedule, they left the golf club at 3:33pm. They reported the raid took place at 3:30pm. An hour and a half later they staged the photo.

:shrug:

There’s political games, don’t pretend he’s some innocent in that, and there’s this. 

If you don’t want to tell the Speaker because you want to keep the people in the know contained to as few as possible, fine I guess. 

To announce this at the press conference is simply awful. 

Mrs. Betty Bowers@BettyBowers · 27m

Everything you need to know about Trump is in these two pics: The Osama bin Laden raid pic was taken in real-time, showing real decision-makers. The “Baghdadi raid” pics was staged, hours later. Trump was playing golf when it happened.

According to the public schedule, they left the golf club at 3:33pm. They reported the raid took place at 3:30pm. An hour and a half later they staged the photo.

:shrug:
SMH 

In my opinion, these two ideas are equally far-fetched:

1. Trump would time the raid to coordinate with throwing out a first pitch

2. Pelosi would leak classified information about an upcoming ISIS raid putting American lives at risk

There’s political games, don’t pretend he’s some innocent in that, and there’s this. 

If you don’t want to tell the Speaker because you want to keep the people in the know contained to as few as possible, fine I guess. 

To announce this at the press conference is simply awful. 
Was he legally obligated to do something different here?

I think we all could have predicted you would think he did something awful here no matter what. 😁

Was he legally obligated to do something different here?

I think we all could have predicted you would think he did something awful here no matter what. 😁
I’m not sure he’s legally obligated, I doubt it. To imply the speaker of the house would jeopardize this mission is sad. Shouldn’t have been said, everyone should agree on this.

I do praise the mission obviously and am happy it was a success and today should be a good day for everyone.

So US military takes out a top bad guy = Good

Trump gives a speech = Bad

Trump tries to sell his book = Bad

Trump leaves out Speaker of the House = Bad 

Trump picked up from golf outing for photo op = Bad 

Trump accuses Speaker of the House as a leak = Bad

Trump turns the Baghdadi killing into a #### measuring contest over Bin Laden = Bad 

So US military takes out a top bad guy = Good

Trump gives a speech = Bad

Trump tries to sell his book = Bad

Trump leaves out Speaker of the House = Bad 

Trump picked up from golf outing for photo op = Bad 

Trump accuses Speaker of the House as a leak = Bad

Trump turns the Baghdadi killing into a #### measuring contest over Bin Laden = Bad 
Get over it

In my opinion, these two ideas are equally far-fetched:

1. Trump would time the raid to coordinate with throwing out a first pitch

2. Pelosi would leak classified information about an upcoming ISIS raid putting American lives at risk
Don't forget the Sunday shows.

OMG!!! WTF is going on in the White House? 

@BBCSteveR

Russian defence ministry: “We are not aware of any assistance having being given to US Air Force flights into the air space of the Idlib de-escalation zone in this operation...”

@BBCSteveR

Moscow unconvinced by US claims that al-Baghdadi has been killed. Russian defence ministry refers to “valid doubts about the reality & success (of the operation), says “no air strikes by US or coalition forces registered in Idlib de-escalation zone on Saturday or recent days.”

One other thing about this issue and the question of impeachment.

Based on what I have learned about the Ukraine story, I am in favor of the impeachment and removal of President Trump. But while Trump remains President, I want him to do a good job, root for him when he acts in America’s best interests, and will congratulate him on a job well done. 

There is some precedent for this. President Nixon made some of his very best and most important decisions during the Watergate impeachment hearings, including handling the Yom Kippur War and a nuclear arms treaty with Soviet Russia (this is all well documented in Woodward and Bernstein’s excellent book The Final Days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread