What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alfred Morris, why is he rated so low (1 Viewer)

Really?  Do you have a link; all I've read is that he has a "mid-to-high" ankle sprain and a MRI scheduled Monday.  Is there really a chance it's not serious?
That is what the MRI will tell us.  Until the MRI confirms it, there is a chance.  Seems/looks unlikely, but that is what the MRI is for.

That is what the MRI will tell us.  Until the MRI confirms it, there is a chance.  Seems/looks unlikely, but that is what the MRI is for.
Yeah, I get that.  The other post made it seem like there was more positive news (perhaps wishful thinking, on my part).

Really?  Do you have a link; all I've read is that he has a "mid-to-high" ankle sprain and a MRI scheduled Monday.  Is there really a chance it's not serious?
Sorry, I read it in a blurb last night before the possible high ankle sprain news came out.

He looked really hurt. Barely put weight on it. Seems like a decent ankle sprain. Also seems it could be a high ankle sprain. If so at least 3-4 weeks before he can even think of playing again.

Morris will get a bump if he is out for a bit. Low end RB2 or a decent flex play.

Anyone got any news on what happened with Morris tonight?

I know Breida was touted as "active" just an hour or three before game time, but I let Morris stay in 2 lineups figuring Breida would be on a reduced snapcount.

I am just wondering if he might have gotten injured, judging from the boxscore, 0-0-0. (In the game thread someone mentioned he had one decent run called back on a penalty, then was promptly benched)

Hard to think someone getting 12+ touches a week, somehow is benched for Mostert mid game.   I'm assuming there was an injury that hasn't come out yet. Any news is appreciated.

TZM

I know Breida was touted as "active" just an hour or three before game time, but I let Morris stay in 2 lineups figuring Breida would be on a reduced snapcount.

I am just wondering if he might have gotten injured, judging from the boxscore, 0-0-0. (In the game thread someone mentioned he had one decent run called back on a penalty, then was promptly benched)

Hard to think someone getting 12+ touches a week, somehow is benched for Mostert mid game.   I'm assuming there was an injury that hasn't come out yet. Any news is appreciated.

TZM
I saw him get a third down carry, I think, and gain a couple yards. That’s it.

No idea why, but I don’t think he’s hurt.

TZM
Morris had a 2-3 yard run negated by a penalty.  Mostert has looked really good backing up Breida.

Morris had a 2-3 yard run negated by a penalty.  Mostert has looked really good backing up Breida.
That carry was not good.  It was a fall forward. More importantly it was the only time he’s been on the field all game and it was late 2nd q.  Weird but I love it as a breida owner. 

Thinking it's time for me to cut bait on him.
Gonna have to agree with you on that, bud. Mostert ran wild tonight in a loss. No way AlMo sees the field. 

Just like Jake and Chinatown, it's Shanahan, Shaka. Always was gonna be up for grabs.  

Yup he is droppable going forward, even if miracle recovery man actually misses a game he just can't be trusted. I lucked out and started Jones last night instead of Morris for a whopping 4 points (won by 2 LOL). 

Reports have said it may have been a gameplan-specific thing with GB, 49ers wanted to utilize more speedy backs. We'll see.
That's fine and dandy but the bottom line is he has been mostly ineffective when sharing the backfield with Breida even though he's getting decent opportunities. The only hope is a Breida injury and apparently he's either Stretch Armstrong's brother or he's made of Silly Putty.

And even if Breida goes down who's to say that Mostert won't keep Morris in the same position he's in now!

Morris has no standalone value.

Cowboys signed RB Alfred Morris.

Initially scheduled to visit the Saints, Morris 'coincidently' put pen to paper with Dallas on the very day Cowboys owner Jerry Jones publicly stated "[teams] don't need a rushing champion to win a Super Bowl." No matter how much the 30-year-old has left in the tank, it's obviously bad news for Elliott's team that the franchise simply drew a line in the sand and brought back an old favorite who not only rushed for 115/547/1 while donning the star two seasons ago, but is also familiar with Jason Garrett's coaching style. Morris is an immediate pick-to-click as the team's No. 2 runner (pending Zeke's holdout) ahead of Darius Jackson, but shouldn't eat at rookie Tony Pollard's passing-game usage. The latter remains a premier late-round option in PPR formats, while Morris has upside as the leading candidate for short-yardage and goal line situations.

RELATED: 

San Francisco 49ers

, Washington Redskins

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 29, 2019, 9:43 PM ET

(Rotoworld) Cowboys signed RB Alfred Morris.

Analysis: Initially scheduled to visit the Saints, Morris 'coincidently' put pen to paper with Dallas on the very day Cowboys owner Jerry Jones publicly stated "[teams] don't need a rushing champion to win a Super Bowl." No matter how much the 30-year-old has left in the tank, it's obviously bad news for Elliott's team that the franchise simply drew a line in the sand and brought back an old favorite who not only rushed for 115/547/1 while donning the star two seasons ago, but is also familiar with Jason Garrett's coaching style. Morris is an immediate pick-to-click as the team's No. 2 runner (pending Zeke's holdout) ahead of Darius Jackson, but shouldn't eat at rookie Tony Pollard's passing-game usage. The latter remains a premier late-round option in PPR formats, while Morris has upside as the leading candidate for short-yardage and goal line situations.

(Rotoworld) Cowboys signed RB Alfred Morris.

Analysis: Initially scheduled to visit the Saints, Morris 'coincidently' put pen to paper with Dallas on the very day Cowboys owner Jerry Jones publicly stated "[teams] don't need a rushing champion to win a Super Bowl." No matter how much the 30-year-old has left in the tank, it's obviously bad news for Elliott's team that the franchise simply drew a line in the sand and brought back an old favorite who not only rushed for 115/547/1 while donning the star two seasons ago, but is also familiar with Jason Garrett's coaching style. Morris is an immediate pick-to-click as the team's No. 2 runner (pending Zeke's holdout) ahead of Darius Jackson, but shouldn't eat at rookie Tony Pollard's passing-game usage. The latter remains a premier late-round option in PPR formats, while Morris has upside as the leading candidate for short-yardage and goal line situations.
Reminded of General Lee spotting George Pickett during the retreat to Appomattox Court House and asking a staff member “Is that man still in the army?”

Cardinals signed RB Alfred Morris.

We learned the hard way that David Johnson's injury issues were more serious than the Cardinals were letting on, while reserve D.J. Foster is also banged up. Morris spent training camp with the Cowboys but couldn't crack the squad. He worked out for the Cardinals in September. Morris' signing could be as much about Foster as Johnson, but it is obviously a worrying sign for Johnson's Week 8 availability vs. the Saints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, interesting. 

I imagine this is pure depth as Chase Edmonds certainly looks like he can step into a role.

What is going on with DJ? Worse injury than we thought?

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Wow, interesting. 

I imagine this is pure depth as Chase Edmonds certainly looks like he can step into a role.

What is going on with DJ? Worse injury than we thought?
Who knows in today's NFL?  Maybe Foster is hurt more.  Maybe DJ is as healthy as his play time indicated on Sunday?  It's anyone's guess.  

Cardinals released RB Alfred Morris.

Morris received one carry and played three snaps on Thursday night with Kenyan Drake now serving as the backup running back behind David Johnson (ankle) and Chase Edmonds (hamstring).
Detroit should sign him so he could play 2 games in one week.

Giants signed RB Alfred Morris. 

With the Giants reportedly taking a "long term" approach with Saquon Barkley's recovering ACL, the team boosts its backfield depth with Morris, 32, who had 55 rushing attempts in nine games for Big Blue in 2020. Head coach Joe Judge said last week there's a "chance" Barkley could be a full go for Week 1, raising major doubts about the franchise back being held out for the first part of the regular season. Morris and Devontae Booker could share the backfield load if Barkley is out for a week or two to start the year. Neither will hold much fantasy value in the Giants' boring, unproductive offense. 

RELATED: 

Saquon Barkley

, Devontae Booker

SOURCE: Dan Duggan on Twitter 

Aug 2, 2021, 8:50 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread