What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Aboard the Rainey Trainey (1 Viewer)

bb7278

Footballguy
Currently listed as the Browns starter by default,will get a crack this weekend.

Good read here:

Rainey

In his defense Ravens fans seemed pretty pissed off when it happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some sharps at DLF believed in him before the T Rich trade. Same guys that helped me land Julius Thomas and Alfred Morris ahead of the crowd. Worth a flyer in deep dynasty leagues.

Seriously though, not a bad gamble in deep leagues(16 teamers with large rosters). McGahee's not the most durable back, especially now that he's another year older and coming off of a season-ending injury, Ogbonayayayayayaya or whatever is a fringe nfl rb. Rainey looks somewhat promising at least, and would be worth owning if McGhee went down(which isn't a horrible bet to happen).

Actually I read a quote from a while back that Norv thought of Dion Lewis as some kind of Sproles. Rainey and Lewis (and Dennis Johnson whom they also acquired) are pretty comparable.

Possibly some kind of passing / draw option is what they have in mind here. They've been working on this for a while.

Rainey got bumped up the depth chart 9/3/13. Before that they got Lewis, but he got hurt.

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/08/dion-lewis-could-be-norv-turners-new-darren-sproles/

Yeah I agree. It's kind of equivalent to picking up, say, Jordan Todman, and some people are doing that it seems.

Seriously though, not a bad gamble in deep leagues(16 teamers with large rosters). McGahee's not the most durable back, especially now that he's another year older and coming off of a season-ending injury, Ogbonayayayayayaya or whatever is a fringe nfl rb. Rainey looks somewhat promising at least, and would be worth owning if McGhee went down(which isn't a horrible bet to happen).
True. How old is McGahee 32? It is going to take awhile for him to get in game shape and will he stay healthy long enough to get in game shape? Redraft league I would agree with the "pass" on Rainey, but not in dynasty. You need to take flyers on these types of players especially in 14 and 16 team dynasty leagues.

Soon before the season began, the Browns claimed Rainey on waivers and quickly released Brandon Jackson. While Jackson was never a highly successful player, he’d been with the team several years and had been with the new coaching staff throughout the off-season and pre-season. It’s safe to say he was familiar with the system. That was not enough to keep him around, which is a good sign for Rainey.

I picked up Willis. Considering dropping Christine to pick up Rainey and hedge my bets since Im banged up at RB already (Vereen, Lacy, Rice), but I dont know.

This is our Peyton Hillis right here. I'm onboard. Dropped my extra Defense for streaming defenses. So no big deal.

Dropped my backup TE for him. I have Reggie Bush, David Wilson and Leveon Bell on this team, so frankly any RB help is appreciated. Figure as my RB6 in a PPR, he could have some value. If not, oh well. Rainey Trainey makes its first stop at Waiver Wire Town,

Dropped my backup TE for him. I have Reggie Bush, David Wilson and Leveon Bell on this team, so frankly any RB help is appreciated. Figure as my RB6 in a PPR, he could have some value. If not, oh well. Rainey Trainey makes its first stop at Waiver Wire Town,
Same here.

*Except I have Lynch and Lacy and Bush.

If Richardson was struggling in that dumpster fire why do you think a less talented back will do any better? I guess if you have a big hole in your RB option it makes some sense but I think if you are at a point where you are needing something from Rainey your season is already in big trouble.

i picked up a rainey for a dollar.

i saw mcgahee go for 40,50,60%

seems extreme for a 30 some year old back, who hasnt even signed yet

if mcgahee is in your line up or rainey you might have some problems.

a

i picked up a rainey for a dollar.

i saw mcgahee go for 40,50,60%

seems extreme for a 30 some year old back, who hasnt even signed yet

if mcgahee is in your line up or rainey you might have some problems.

a
I don't think anyone doesn't understand these points. I drafted Lynch, Bush, Bell, Lacy, Ivory.

I don't want to flex Hopkins, nor Marlon Brown.

So...Bobby Rainey and McGahee in exchange for dropping Santonio Holmes and Brandon Pettigrew. I'm happy with this exchange. It could be a lot worse.

I think for Holmes and Pettigrew it's a no brainer. Those guys aren't doing much of anything to help you to a fantasy title.

He should get an opportunity to get some touches, which is half the battle. Count me in.

Also picked up Ogbayanna because I figured its not guaranteed that McGahee passes his physical (McGahee went for about $30).

Users who are viewing this thread