What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alone ( A real survival type show) (2 Viewers)

Still don’t understand why contestants even bother with small game. The caloric output doesn’t support caloric intake. Taz not even shown so guessing he is living large.
Is that the guy who had all the fish? Yea he’s the winner if they aren’t showing him now.
But what about his lure??!?

#poursoneoutforhellfish
No tas is the guy they don’t show because I’m guessing he is doing well

Still don’t understand why contestants even bother with small game. The caloric output doesn’t support caloric intake. Taz not even shown so guessing he is living large.
Is that the guy who had all the fish? Yea he’s the winner if they aren’t showing him now.
But what about his lure??!?

#poursoneoutforhellfish
No tas is the guy they don’t show because I’m guessing he is doing well
Yeah I know

A streaming service w/o history channel? 🤣Nuts. Even the bare minimum ones offer it.

Binge watching this show recently. Just finished Season 9 this weekend. Juan Pablo is an animal fasting as long as he did in those conditions. That runner up woman Karie Lee did very well. These folks building these extravagant shelters never win. That Hodge Podge Lodge by that one woman was ludicrous. The lady had nothing left after completing it in like 2-3 weeks.

Anyways, let me shoot 7 arrows for this grouse!!!

Nothing at all happened on this week's episode. To the point it was difficult to keep attention watching

Just finished watching season 8. I thought for sure Colter would win. Thought he caught a big fish or two shortly before leaving and was rowing out everyday. Theresa and her fake British accent was so FN cringe..... horrible!!! Biko lasted longer than I thought. He seemed more content hibernating than hunting for food and it finally caught up to him.

Using the History Channel website for free is working just fine for me, you have watch some ads though. The first few commercial breaks are 2 to 2 1/2 minutes long, the last few are 30 seconds.

Nothing at all happened on this week's episode. To the point it was difficult to keep attention watching

Just finished watching season 8. I thought for sure Colter would win. Thought he caught a big fish or two shortly before leaving and was rowing out everyday. Theresa and her fake British accent was so FN cringe..... horrible!!! Biko lasted longer than I thought. He seemed more content hibernating than hunting for food and it finally caught up to him.
Yea, basically an episode :censored: about the wind.

Did like how they showed one doing the easy way to smoke fish...... Fire pit, grill High, smoke..
And the other spending way too much energy building a smoking hut, only to have the wind cause it not to work.

I was shocked to learn Colter was only 35.

No idea how or why they/a medical professional allowed the guy that quit day 6 or so on the show a year or two after having a major heart attack.

No idea how or why they/a medical professional allowed the guy that quit day 6 or so on the show a year or two after having a major heart attack.
Into Season 6 now. Another one with recent heart attack out early. Good short term story I guess but I really don't how they're medically cleared to get on this show. Tim also out early with presumed broken ankle/leg.

I don't understand this season is a couple of them going without a bow. "Survival experts"? Understand there's probably a short supply of qualified contestants but just watching the show I don't know how you think you'll survive without one

Into Season 6 now. Another one with recent heart attack out early. Good short term story I guess but I really don't how they're medically cleared to get on this show. Tim also out early with presumed broken ankle/leg.

I don't understand this season is a couple of them going without a bow. "Survival experts"? Understand there's probably a short supply of qualified contestants but just watching the show I don't know how you think you'll survive without one
Just finished season 6.

Michelle was a real wacko 🤣

Felt bad Nikki was medically pulled. She seemed in good spirits with lots of energy.

Barry stood no chance against the remaining. He fished for everything and then didn't seem to have plan to ice fish (or have any plan to secure anything at all).

Jordan killed it. Lost a lot of fat and made mistakes but secured a lot of food. He was the most skilled out there. Woniya did great as well. Were definitely the best 2 out there.

Just finished season 6.

Michelle was a real wacko 🤣

Felt bad Nikki was medically pulled. She seemed in good spirits with lots of energy.

Barry stood no chance against the remaining. He fished for everything and then didn't seem to have plan to ice fish (or have any plan to secure anything at all).

Jordan killed it. Lost a lot of fat and made mistakes but secured a lot of food. He was the most skilled out there. Woniya did great as well. Were definitely the best 2 out there.
Was that the season where the guy killed a wolverine without a bow/arrow? If so, yeah, I think he deserved to win. That was a good season IIRC.

Quickly went through Alone Frozen season. Pretty disappointing overall. Really not a good start as a couple of them obviously didn't want to be there ......so why would we want to watch?

Good idea in theory but a couple of them at minimum had no business leaving home again. It'd have to be difficult to mentally go through that again...... particularly with winter out the gate.

The Patagonia guy was unbearable and obvious off the bat he'd not be able to handle these conditions .

Michelle had no chance with the smoke. Could barely see her filming. She did a lot better than I thought she'd do. When I saw she was cast I thought she was the woman with the fake British accent 🤬 I thought no way they'd cast that woman again 🤣

The woman who won is a complete badass 👍 I believe she was final 2 in her own season.

Last edited:
Finished Season 1 over weekend. Rough conditions raining day after day they got there. Not a whole lot of noteworthy stuff on season.

On season 2 now. The worst participant award (of seasons I've watched) goes to......Desmond in Season 2. Lasted 5 hours I think. Talking before he left they'd have to save the bear if they fought.....then got spooked by the woods and imaginary bears when he got there. You could tell the guy had zero survival skills. Who'd have thought a 40 year old living at his mom's house in Coolidge AZ wouldnt last but a handful of hours? At least his family has a good story at the BBQs..."remember when Desmond spent a couple hours on that show Alone?" 🤣 Dude broke blade on saw because didn't know how to use it. You wonder how the guy conned the show to get on it to begin with.

This Larry guy gets so angry about EVERYTHING 😭

Last edited:
Last few episodes have had some obvious foreshadowing in them. Guy who passed out, talking about he doesn't want his kid to see him quit after he lost his arrows, that you can get through anything.... 2 Eps later he quits. Fisher guy who names all his lures only to lose them. And a few others where you could immediately say what would happen later in the show.

Taz taps 😳 Thought he'd be the winner.

Wyatt gonna tap or either get pulled with that infection. The woman I think gets homesick and leaves.

Can't believe Mahkey is still out there. Thought he'd be the first to go.

Using the History Channel website for free is working just fine for me, you have watch some ads though. The first few commercial breaks are 2 to 2 1/2 minutes long, the last few are 30 seconds.
Use an incognito window and an adblocker to skip the ads... refresh the window if it yells at you about it ;)
Last few episodes have had some obvious foreshadowing in them. Guy who passed out, talking about he doesn't want his kid to see him quit after he lost his arrows, that you can get through anything.... 2 Eps later he quits. Fisher guy who names all his lures only to lose them. And a few others where you could immediately say what would happen later in the show.
Good call on foreshadowing... they did it with Taz this episode, and I have to think they are doing it with Wyatt and his infected arm - other than the infection I see him as the favorite at this point (even though Alan is my favorite left)

Watching the skills challenges on Hulu, I find I'm much more interested. The main show is an annoying "let's see who starves last" competition. Very little worth watching imo. Give me Man vs. Wild any day.

Dang, was hoping for Taz.. Thought his life story was the most interesting. One of the best shelters, had the nice chair, and the ukulele was a nice touch..
Just couldn't get the food stored to survive. :kicksrock:

Just finished Season 4 the pairs season. Overall definitely a bust as I believe more than half of 7 teams were gone within a week or two. The 10 mile hikes looked rough

Was hoping Sam and his dad would win. They seemed positive and great spirits throughout. Surprised Jim and Teddy won as everything went wrong with them. Terrible shelter, bad boat, constantly yelling at each other and didn't have much of substance to eat. Both were good sized guys.

Wyatt caught a MONSTER pike this week. A lot of fish stored at this point. Unless his shelter burns down and now that he got that piece of wood out of his arm, he's probably the favorite. Looks to be in better shape than the rest.

Still stunned Mahkey is still out there. Hasn't caught a thing fishing or hunting. He's a huge dude too.

Alan seems to be going downhill with homesickness and inability to stay warm. Unless Wyatt's shelter burns down, I don't think Alan beats him.

Season finale next week :excited:

Seems they're also now showing Alone Australia as well.

Man.. Season finale already coming up. :kicksrock:

Seeing as this week they still had open water, and the commercials all season have shown a solid frozen lake, guessing we're going to get one of those 15 to 20 day jump again.

Easily one of the most boring seasons yet. There just is nothing going on during some episodes. For the first time ever, we are actually fast forwarding during some scenes because there just is too much, I am going to talk about my feelings and my past going on. This last episode, NOT ONE THING HAPPENED IN 90 MINUTES!!! We are pulling for Mikey, but I don't see a way Wyatt doesn't take this thing. He just has too much food stored up and Alan looks to be slowly wearing down. Also Wyatt doesn't seem to be missing his home life as much as the others.

Easily one of the most boring seasons yet. There just is nothing going on during some episodes. For the first time ever, we are actually fast forwarding during some scenes because there just is too much, I am going to talk about my feelings and my past going on. This last episode, NOT ONE THING HAPPENED IN 90 MINUTES!!! We are pulling for Mikey, but I don't see a way Wyatt doesn't take this thing. He just has too much food stored up and Alan looks to be slowly wearing down. Also Wyatt doesn't seem to be missing his home life as much as the others.
Wyatt is interesting to watch as he's not crying for home every segment. I think the show has delved too much into crying for home

I agree overall not one of the better seasons. Mikey is pretty crafty but outside of that, he's not caught anything. I don't even know how he's still out there given lack of food and his size. He'd be perhaps the most improbable winner in the history of the show

I enjoy Wyatt but the show is probably not getting better than Roland 💪☝️. The all star/returner seasons have been a bust but perhaps they'll find a new interesting angle for the show

Wyatt is interesting to watch as he's not crying for home every segment. I think the show has delved too much into crying for home

I agree overall not one of the better seasons. Mikey is pretty crafty but outside of that, he's not caught anything. I don't even know how he's still out there given lack of food and his size. He'd be perhaps the most improbable winner in the history of the show

I enjoy Wyatt but the show is probably not getting better than Roland 💪☝️. The all star/returner seasons have been a bust but perhaps they'll find a new interesting angle for the show

Yeah, I'm really getting tired of many, many reality shows turning into "I have to do this or my autistic kid will die" or whatever. We spend more time learning about their people back home than actually watching the people on the show do whatever the show is about. Survivor is guilty of this at times as well. It's like they make you choose between "root for Player A, but then Player B's pregnant wife will be penniless, or, root for Player B but then Player A's kid won't get cancer treatment".

It's unfortunate that so much of the contestant pool of many of these types of shows seems to be "people who have no other hope" rather than "people who want to be here". It's like watching people put the last $100 they have to their name into lottery tickets. It's not enjoyable or entertaining to watch.

I enjoy Wyatt but the show is probably not getting better than Roland 💪☝️. The all star/returner seasons have been a bust but perhaps they'll find a new interesting angle for the showai

Yeah, I'm really getting tired of many, many reality shows turning into "I have to do this or my autistic kid will die" or whatever. We spend more time learning about their people back home than actually watching the people on the show do whatever the show is about. Survivor is guilty of this at times as well. It's like they make you choose between "root for Player A, but then Player B's pregnant wife will be penniless, or, root for Player B but then Player A's kid won't get cancer treatment".

It's unfortunate that so much of the contestant pool of many of these types of shows seems to be "people who have no other hope" rather than "people who want to be here". It's like watching people put the last $100 they have to their name into lottery tickets. It's not enjoyable or entertaining to watch.
Agree 100% and it takes away from the show when it's nonstop.

At this point, I feel like Nikolai is my kid.

I enjoy Wyatt but the show is probably not getting better than Roland 💪☝️. The all star/returner seasons have been a bust but perhaps they'll find a new interesting angle for the showai

Agree 100% and it takes away from the show when it's nonstop.

At this point, I feel like Nikolai is my kid.
And my wife and I keep saying, "What does Wyatt's other kids think about all the attention he is showering on Nikolai during this show." He is making toys for Nikolai. He is non-stop talking about him. I mean, he did write a letter to one of his other kids, but really...

As much as I look forward to each season, I agree it's starting to become repetitive.. Wondering how they could change it up.. Maybe having "contests" that start at day 30..
Like, must catch 1 fish, or trap something other than a mouse, or shoot something within 3 days. Fail and :bye:

Surprised Mahkey lasted as long as he did. Would have been interesting if they told him if he was going to get pulled before he tapped. Sounded like they were pulling anyway. Nikolai gets his dad back. His other kids can file for adoption.

Surprised Wyatt tapped. He seemed far and away in best shape overall and had the largest food supply. I thought he was the most interesting in an overall lackluster season.

Was pulling for Mikey but no way a dude his size can last just eating mice - 21 of them I believe.

Really thought Wyatt would win. Surprised Alan outlasted him.

Was pulling for Mikey but no way a dude his size can last just eating mice - 21 of them I believe.

Really thought Wyatt would win. Surprised Alan outlasted him.
Thought Wyatt was going to win as well. I think the wind breaking up the ice and his gill net "broke" him. :frown:
As I told my wife, they gave us 5 or 6 days of Wyatt, and nothing from Alan..
So, he must have gone into full hunker down, do nothing mode and won because of it.

What would happen if Wyatt taps, they pick him up, give Alan the "med check today" call but he doesn't answer. Crew arrives and find him passed out. They review his footage and find out he passed out (like face first into the ground like that one guy did) an hour before Wyatt tapped. Would Alan still win?? Technically he made it longer but only because he was unconscious on the floor of his tent.

Catching up on Aussie Alone. Day 2 and we have someone drop for home sickness, someone drop for not being able to make a fire to boil water *when it is raining outisde*, and for covid. I don't understand any of them. Homesick after 2 days?? Not getting water during a rain?? Covid during a contest where you are ALONE??

I did see that they all had a fire extinguisher, which the normal show never had.
The swampy area they are in will be interesting. Does it flood? Seems like making a "pier" so you can get out father to fish, and not get wet will be key.

Catching up on Aussie Alone. Day 2 and we have someone drop for home sickness, someone drop for not being able to make a fire to boil water *when it is raining outisde*, and for covid. I don't understand any of them. Homesick after 2 days?? Not getting water during a rain?? Covid during a contest where you are ALONE??

I did see that they all had a fire extinguisher, which the normal show never had.
The swampy area they are in will be interesting. Does it flood? Seems like making a "pier" so you can get out father to fish, and not get wet will be key.
Seems like

A: The “Shelter? We don’t need no stinking shelter!” strategy is hurting folks who can’t stay dry.
B: They aren’t getting squat for food early on.

Re: Covid —- When Was this filmed?

Just finished this season of Alone (North American version) and agree with the sentiment that Alone is growing stale. I love the concept but wonder how the show could be freshened up but not become to easy that multiple contestants are lasting 100+ days.

I think my favorite seasons were in places where it was cold but not artic cold. Where we could truly see people’s survival skills, not just outlasting someone else by fattening themselves up before the start of the season and hibernating.

I hated the season of teams but I think it was primarily because the brothers that won fought constantly. I think with the right teams and right location, that could be good.

What would you want to see?

Probably 10 Rolands 👍

My favorite by far was season 7 with Roland and artic cold. First season I watched but have binged all seasons since.

I thought "all stars" would work but the participants suffer burnout quick from previous experience by and large.

Duos season wasn't great but wouldn't mind again I guess. Seems difficult to find two people that know each other to be fully onboard with it.

How about a "worst of" season? So we can see Desmond quit after seeing a stuffed teddy bear 🧸 🤣 "Someone gonna need to save the bear after I get my hands on it"

Last edited:
I agree that the tactics and show are becoming repetitive, and they'll need to change things up.

But- I really liked this cast and was rooting for any of them. Would've loved to have seen Taz win, and Wyaths catharsis out there was amazing to watch and made me want him to win. Alan was my original favorite outside of Taz and very likeable, but felt like an athlete who figured out how to game the system and hang in more than somebody with tippy top survival skills (he had solid skills, so not like he was one of those new Aussies).

So I enjoyed it, because of the people more than the show

Alone Australia

Pretty wack. Can't hunt with bow or firearm :unsure: I guess it doesn't matter as I don't think they've seen any wildlife at all through 3 episodes :lol: No one's catching fish. I think a women caught an eel....yum :unsure:

3 days in and 4 have dropped. Don't blame them. Terrible environment for the show. Nothing whatsoever has happened through 3 episodes.

It's been a pretty terrible season so far. Almost unwatchable. 3 episodes so far and nothing has happened.

And I guess they can't hunt with a bow or firearm :lol: Then again that might not matter as they've seen nothing.

They really need to look at the local regulations before choosing these places for the show. It's pretty much a fishing season......and no fish are being caught.

Alone Australia

Pretty wack. Can't hunt with bow or firearm :unsure: I guess it doesn't matter as I don't think they've seen any wildlife at all through 3 episodes :lol: No one's catching fish. I think a women caught an eel....yum :unsure:

3 days in and 4 have dropped. Don't blame them. Terrible environment for the show. Nothing whatsoever has happened through 3 episodes.
Yeah, it’s awful! Boring to watch and it’s obviously awful to try and make a go of it in those conditions!

Just finished this season of Alone (North American version) and agree with the sentiment that Alone is growing stale. I love the concept but wonder how the show could be freshened up but not become to easy that multiple contestants are lasting 100+ days.

I think my favorite seasons were in places where it was cold but not artic cold. Where we could truly see people’s survival skills, not just outlasting someone else by fattening themselves up before the start of the season and hibernating.

I hated the season of teams but I think it was primarily because the brothers that won fought constantly. I think with the right teams and right location, that could be good.

What would you want to see?
First and easiest thing for them is to rethink the way they edit the show. The only truly interesting and entertaining part of the show is the first couple of weeks when everyone is building shelters and getting it all figured out. If they've got 10 episodes per season, they should spend the first 7 showing these people doing stuff that we want to see and maybe no eliminations unless someone taps super early. But as it is being edited and aired now, by the time episode 5 comes around, all the good stuff is over and we're just watching people settle in for the starving/homesick contest. And frankly, that sucks to watch. Also, let them go to places where there's no regulations on how they can kill an animal. The man caught a duck in his net, that should've been dinner for two days. And maybe they could either go to a warmer location or start earlier in the fall so they had more time before it was -15 outside. I guess they're afraid some people would last indefinitely, and if that's the case, they should pick less talented contestants. People who are out of their element would be a lot more entertaining to watch rather than 10 people that know how to skin a moose and render the fat into soap bars. That's my 2 cents.

Watching Australian Alone tonight. The dude trying to build a shelter…. Not only did he almost chop a chunk of his leg off, the shelter he’s attempting to build looks worse than the forts me and my buddy built when we were 10 years old.

Watching Australian Alone tonight. The dude trying to build a shelter…. Not only did he almost chop a chunk of his leg off, the shelter he’s attempting to build looks worse than the forts me and my buddy built when we were 10 years old.
:lmao:

Had it on but wasn't paying real close attention. I have a real difficult time getting invested in this season. Watched the 1st 3 episodes and there's just nothing happening.

I think he was the one trying to build it/collapsed.......then later wondered why he was getting rained on? :lol:
Can't see him lasting much longer.

I think they're on like Day 7. I don't even know how many are left or who is who. Just seems like History filling in programming with this season (believe it already aired in Australia on a channel there). That they can't hunt with a bow or firearm here is just ridiculous.

I do hope they find a new wrinkle to add to the show as it seems to have run its course otherwise.

Last edited:

Had it on but wasn't paying real close attention. I have a real difficult time getting invested in this season. Watched the 1st 3 episodes and there's just nothing happening.

I think he was the one trying to build it/collapsed.......then later wondered why he was getting rained on? :lol:

I think they're on like Day 7. I don't even know how many are left or who is who. Just seems like History filling in programming with this season (believe it already aired in Australia on a channel there). That they can't hunt with a bow or firearm here is just ridiculous.

I do hope they find a new wrinkle to add to the show as it seems to have run its course otherwise.
I fell asleep shortly after his shelter started falling apart while he was building it. I’ll probably catch up just to see it through but the first few episodes have been awful.

I fell asleep shortly after his shelter started falling apart while he was building it. I’ll probably catch up just to see it through but the first few episodes have been awful.
And Starvation Australia hasn't got better. 6 episodes and all of 10 days in where nothing at all as happened......so apparently it's not gonna get better the remaining few episodes 😭

Just a terrible stagnant setting for a show. They may as well have filmed this in the middle of the desert.

They can't hunt with bow/firearm. Most of them haven't caught a fish in the 10 days they've been there. Woman in the latest episode 6 I think started eating grass and then threw it up (about the extent of the action in the episode). Another women is a biologist and refuses to kill any mammals....perfect for her as their seems to not be any animals here 😂.

I'm hoping if they come back for another season to try another team like show. This Starvation Australia is especially brutal

Users who are viewing this thread