What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Ellington - RB - Clemson. (1 Viewer)

You guys are starting him over Ray Rice? That seems crazy to me. The Bears entire defense has been horrible all seasons. EVERYBODY runs on them. With potential crappy weather, that might be all Baltimore has to do to win this game. I'd think long and hard about this one.
you realize how bad rice is right?

Here's how I think the Jax game goes:

Jax just beat a division rival and is going to have a letdown. AZ's defense is legit. I think AZ wins this game something like 24-10. That gives both Mendy and Arrington a lot of carries in the second half, and I think Arrington breaks one on a tired Jax D.
Arrington? I take it you meant Ellington :confused:
God that brings back painful memories of drafting JJ in the 4th rd his rookie year. What a whiff.

LuckyOne said:
shadyridr said:
LuckyOne said:
Purely a wdis thread now
what else do you wanna talk about on a saturday? How many Bruce Arians is an idiot or Mendenhall sucks posts do you wanna see
None. I also don't care if someone is debating starting him over xxx. Now, if someone has some genuine analysis, that's worth reading. I really don't get that MOST posting on this board can't understand that nobody else cares about their team.
you might be right. But owners who have tough decisions like to see what others are doing. I can say I'm having a tough time deciding between Ellington and X, y and z without asking anyone to chime in.

Start a "starting Ellington over ____" thread. It keeps the evaluation of Ellington (this thread) from being clogged up with WDIS questions.

Overthinking things, as usual. I have Gio, Ellington and Woodhead (with Foster out) and have to start 2 in a non-ppr. Ellington and Gio are in almost the exact same situation, and I'm at the mercy of two idiotic coaches. I'm sticking with Woodhead, but the weather in the Bengals game has me hesitating again. Will probably wait to the last minute and, if I bench Gio for Ellington, Arians will give him less than 10 touches. Fantasy football....

Overthinking things, as usual. I have Gio, Ellington and Woodhead (with Foster out) and have to start 2 in a non-ppr. Ellington and Gio are in almost the exact same situation, and I'm at the mercy of two idiotic coaches. I'm sticking with Woodhead, but the weather in the Bengals game has me hesitating again. Will probably wait to the last minute and, if I bench Gio for Ellington, Arians will give him less than 10 touches. Fantasy football....
Your course is clear. You need to take one for the team and start Gio.

Rotoworld:

The Arizona Republic predicts Andre Ellington to receive 16 touches in Sunday's game against the Jaguars.
The number comes from longtime beat writer Kent Somers. It's roughly what Ellington has averaged his past two games, and right in line with our projections. It may seem like a frustratingly small total, but it's still more than enough for Ellington make an RB2 impact if he's on his game. Ellington is Rotoworld's No. 18 running back for Week 11.

Related: Rashard Mendenhall

Source: Kent Somers on Twitter

Hi greatness will keep him on my team, but he is going to the back of the bus... behind Andre Brown, Rainey, and his counterpart MJD. Cant believe I started this guy

FF can really be the suck sometimes......it's a bunch of ping pong balls in a spinner....like the lotto.

Really....it is. LMFAO.

You guys are starting him over Ray Rice? That seems crazy to me. The Bears entire defense has been horrible all seasons. EVERYBODY runs on them. With potential crappy weather, that might be all Baltimore has to do to win this game. I'd think long and hard about this one.
:goodposting: I should have taken your advice. I was a dummy starting Ellington over rice. :shrug:

Just killed me today, but it is AZ play calling. Run into the middle, run into the middle.

Get him outside on pitches and sweeps and he would be effective.

Just killed me today, but it is AZ play calling. Run into the middle, run into the middle.

Yeah. That's the same crap we keep saying about Spiller too. They both suck. And of course I have them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is always a risk in playing a guy that gets limited touches. You see the same thing out of guys like Spiller, Sproles, etc. I'm not sure why people are so surprised that this could happen and not sure why everyone is so quick to give up on him because of it. He's still a solid play.

I'm sure most will end up chasing points on someone that had a lot of points out of nowhere this week and once again be disappointed when that guy doesn't repeat a once in a lifetime performance.

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Courtjester said:

Yeah. That's the same crap we keep saying about Spiller too. They both suck.And of course I have them both.
Me too. Plus I have Sproles. :wall:

Just can't trust him due to the fact the coaching staff won't get rid of mendenhall. They are not giving him a chance to take over the position. Going with vereen for ROS.

jah77 said:
I guess we'll have to wait till next year unless Old Man Mendenhall gets an injury.
Actually, you'll probably have to wait until Ellington has a coach that sees him as more than a role player -- and Arians has already won more games in 2013 than the team did in 2012, so he's not going anywhere for a while. It isn't about Rashard Mendenhall, who is obviously an inferior player. It's about how the AZ coaches see Ellington himself and how to best use him.

FF can really be the suck sometimes......it's a bunch of ping pong balls in a spinner....like the lotto.

Really....it is. LMFAO.
It actually is not like the lotto at all unless you make it that way.

You need to pick players who you start and stick with them unless they are not playing. That way you get the good with the bad and are not chasing points every week. Ellington will probably have two tds next week.

Really....it is. LMFAO.

You need to pick players who you start and stick with them unless they are not playing. That way you get the good with the bad and are not chasing points every week. Ellington will probably have two tds next week.
I think Ellington owners have to move on - throw him back to the waiver wire and forget all about him. He really only had 1 great game, and a second above average game....the rest have been stinkers. No reason to think he will help you from here on out.

Really....it is. LMFAO.

I think Ellington owners have to move on - throw him back to the waiver wire and forget all about him. He really only had 1 great game, and a second above average game....the rest have been stinkers. No reason to think he will help you from here on out.
A lot of folks are dynasty/keeper owners though. Certainly worth stashing in those leagues, although his dynasty stock probably won't get much higher as long as Arians is running things.

Really....it is. LMFAO.

A lot of folks are dynasty/keeper owners though. Certainly worth stashing in those leagues, although his dynasty stock probably won't get much higher as long as Arians is running things.
I tried telling them that a few weeks ago and was told that I was simply jealous. :shrug:

can we drop him now ? he had one good game against the worst Dline in football. Rainey torn them up to last week.

he's a waste of a roster spot ..,i'm gearing up for the playoffs & dropping him for Buff. D unless somebody can give me a reason not to?

can we drop him now ? he had one good game against the worst Dline in football. Rainey torn them up to last week.

he's a waste of a roster spot ..,i'm gearing up for the playoffs & dropping him for Buff. D unless somebody can give me a reason not to?
I'd hold him if you can... nice schedule coming up with PHI, STL, TEN. Depends on your league size and other factors though. There aren't many decent RB's left in mine.

I'd hold him if you can... nice schedule coming up with PHI, STL, TEN. Depends on your league size and other factors though. There aren't many decent RB's left in mine.
He rushed 8 times for 3 yards vs the Jags, yes the Jags.

Not sure what you're expecting vs Philly, Stl, and Tenn.

FYI, none of those are good match ups...

Pretty sure he has played in more than just the Jax game this season, Shark.

Reading comprehension problems? Or just like to state some random crap?

Reading comprehension problems? Or just like to state some random crap?
i figured all the ellington guru's would disappear ...he gets the Punt

Ex-Ellington owner here. Maybe in dynasty there is some value but in redraft, it is time to bail.
Agreed. I swapped Chris O from CLE for him. It's too bad but the AZ OL is no bueno and the coach likes Mendy's 1.0 (or whatever it is) average no matter what.

Rotoworld:

Andre Ellington had his knee wrapped on Friday morning but said he's "hopeful" of playing Sunday against the Eagles.

Ellington injured his knee in Thursday's practice. We don't know exactly what he's dealing with, but hopefully it's only a minor tweak. Mid-week injuries aren't ideal, so Ellington owners need to monitor the rookie back throughout the weekend. His status will be updated again on Friday afternoon.

Source: Kent Somers on Twitter

Good grief, now an injury. I'd say it is certainly time to bail now if there is a more important depth addition you can make for your team to strengthen it for the playoffs. I can't see Ellington helping much.

Good grief, now an injury. I'd say it is certainly time to bail now if there is a more important depth addition you can make for your team to strengthen it for the playoffs. I can't see Ellington helping much.
exactly what i did...need some QB support with cutler's injury, the demise of the atl WR corp, and keenum's bust....holding out hope that ellington would get more touches over mendy is unrealistic. the writing on the wall is clear; the cards are winning so why change things. ellington is a flex-pray-to-the-gods play each week and will only become relevant if an injury occurs.

Exactly. Ellington is strictly a luxury at this point for a team that has hopes for winning a fantasy championship. Meaning, like red above, a 3rd QB or a 2nd team defense seems to be more valuable at this point than Ellington going forward into the fantasy playoffs.

well when he only gets a few carries and barely any catches anyone would be useless... Maybe 2014 for Andre if Cards get a real coach?

Users who are viewing this thread