What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Luck vs. ex-Stanford coaches (1 Viewer)

chinawildman

Footballguy
Not sure if there's been an occasion like this in the recent past, but Luck is going up against ALL of his former Stanford coaches in SF. I'm am very inclined to sit him this week, not only because SF is probably eager to get the taste of that seahawks game out of their mouths, but rather one would think that out of the 3 ex-coaches, they would have a pretty good idea about his tendencies and weaknesses.

Is there any anecdotal evidence of QBs performing poorly against his ex-coaches?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more incline to sit him because the 49ers are gonna want someones head after last weeks #### show.

I'd look to bench him if you have a Pryor, Wilson, Bradford, Rivers this weekend maybe even Alex Smith

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more incline to sit him because the 49ers are gonna want someones head after last weeks #### show.

I'd look to bench him if you have a Pryor, Wilson, Bradford, Rivers this weekend maybe even Alex Smith
I'd say Alex Smith is more then a maybe - he's going to be huge against the Eagles....

Not sure if there's been an occasion like this in the recent past, but Luck is going up against ALL of his former Stanford coaches in SF. I'm am very inclined to sit him this week, not only because SF is probably eager to get the taste of that seahawks game out of their mouths, but rather one would think that out of the 3 ex-coaches, they would have a pretty good idea about his tendencies and weaknesses.

Is there any anecdotal evidence of QBs performing poorly against his ex-coaches?
I'd sit him because SF has a good defense and Luck isn't a great QB.

Any thoughts on ESPN's/FBO's analysis that has Luck tied with Stafford and Dalton as the week's BEST matchups, per DVOA, at +4?

I'd normally be cautious of a start vs. SF, but I'm not sure how accurate those rankings have been at predicting weekly production.

In a rush heavy league, I'm debating between Smith, Pryor, and Luck. Toss up for me, each have their own merits.

I was surprised to see that +4 DVOA for Luck on ESPN and actually just figured it was a typo. Right now I am sticking with Luck but I also have the choice of picking up either Bradford or Alex Smith.Its a tough call...

Points against SF in their last 8 games (including postseason): 34, 42, 13, 31, 24, 23, 28, 29. I'd probably go with Luck.

Points against SF in their last 8 games (including postseason): 34, 42, 13, 31, 24, 23, 28, 29. I'd probably go with Luck.
OTOH, SF has only allowed 2 TDs total in the 7 games after a loss during the Harbaugh era. I think the wrath might be coming to Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread