What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andy Reid... (1 Viewer)

lame, really lame excuses.. :shrug:

Atlanta > Eagles - did you see the Falcons dismantle the highly regarded, highly touted Saints yesterday? did you watch that game at all? Matt Ryan is what Carson Palmer was supposed to be...that team is for real..

Az > Eagles ( AZ undefeated at home, beat up the Romo-led Cowboys) they beat Miami, Buff..they destroyed Buffalo, back when everyone thought the Bills would win the AFC East. @ home, Az is a powerhouse team..

Carolina > Eagles

Washington > Eagles

Chicago > Eagles

TB >= Eagles ( that would be a great game to watch, I'd have to give the edge to Chucky)

just because you're not impressed with Carolina doesn't mean the Panthers are not a good team...they keep winning..Az is a beast @ home, and will probably earn a first round bye in the playoffs..

the Eagles almost won last night's game, but as we know, almost only matters in horseshoes and hand grenades..

your comment about the NFC North teams going 6-10 in the NFC East, is a joke..Chicago beat Philly, so whats your point?! Minnesota would probably trounce the Eagles with ADP running all day long..Washington also beat Philly.

NYG beat Philly..

the Eagles are not that good, plain and simple..you're calling out the other teams by saying they're not that good,they have problems, they can't win, bla bla bla..the fact is, the Eagles have the problems, NOT the other teams..
Um what? Atlanta is better because they beat a highly regarded/touted Saints team? Who regards the Saints highly? That would have been one of the biggest upsets of the week if NO would have won that game. The Saints are BY FAR the worst team in the NFC South without Bush. Pretty sure Philly beat Atlanta in week 8 and by a decent margin as well, I like Atlanta and have been on their bandwagon since the preseason. I think they'll win the South, but they are a year away from doing real damage in the playoffs.
Actually, the Eagles were very lucky to beat Atlanta at the Linc. The Atlanta game was very close to a loss. If they had lost it maybe more people would realize just how inept Reid has become.They were winning 20-7 when Atlanta got the ball at their own 18 yd line. Atlanta drove the field and scored with just over 4 minutes to play to make it 20-14.

Now this is where it shows just how poorly Reid coaches UNDER FIRE :

M.Koenen kicks 74 yards from ATL 25 to PHI 1. 39-Q.Demps to PHI 17 for 16 yards (44-J.Snelling).

Timeout #2 by PHI at 03:42.

1-10-PHI 17 (3:42) 5-D.McNabb pass short right to 87-B.Celek to PHI 25 for 8 yards (24-D.Foxworth).

2-2-PHI 25 (3:01) 36-B.Westbrook up the middle to PHI 26 for 1 yard (59-M.Boley).

Timeout #2 by ATL at 02:54.

3-1-PHI 26 (2:54) 36-B.Westbrook left end to PHI 26 for no gain (92-C.Davis).

Timeout #3 by ATL at 02:28.

4-1-PHI 26 (2:28) 6-S.Rocca punts 34 yards to ATL 40, Center-46-J.Dorenbos. 81-A.Jennings MUFFS catch, RECOVERED by PHI-56-A.Jordan at ATL 37.

Check it out. The Eagles use a timeout AFTER returning the kickoff. What the heck were they doing on the sidelines prior to this?

Then 8 yds to Celek followed by ................ drum roll please

Westbrook up the middle for 1 followed by Westbrook wide for no gain..

Wow - why does that sound familiar?????

Now the Eagles punt and Atlanta is called for a muffed punt even though the ball clearly NEVER touched the Atlanta player. Fortunately - the Atlanta coach had no timeouts left to challenge. The Atlanta team is dumbfounded that everybody except the officials knew it was a bad call and they couldn't do anything about it.

The next play Westbrook blows by an Atlanta team that was reeling from the blown call for a 39 yd TD. Final 27-14.

:shrug:
Saying the Eagles were "very close to a loss" may be a little over dramatic. They won by 13 points.As you stated, they were up 20-7 early on, Atlanta made a rally, and Westbrook put it away. 27-14.

If you're going to play 'what if' and say that they were close to losing, let's go the other way and say they were close to winning in a route. Give the Falcons 14 imaginary points and Atlanta wins 28-27. Give teh Eagles 14 imaginary points and Philly wins 41-14.

:kicksrock: how many times will i have to say this
You guys who defend him are like moths flying around a big bug zapper. yeah, he looked great for 3 quarters of that game. Yeah, he made plays that very few other QBs could have made. But when it comes down to it, when the game is on the line, and when you need a clutch performance at the penultimate moment, McNabb simply cannot deliver.Of course the D is to blame for the loss. Because if they dont get McNabb a double digit lead in the 4th quarter, he will find a way to blow it. Of course the WRs need to be better. Oh wait, they found a way to get open in the 1st 3 quarters and then magically couldnt get separation in the 4th qtr. C'mon, i'm not buying it. McNabb hit the panic button, hard. He always has and he always will. I've always been a HUGE McNabb fan. But i simply do not believe in him anymore. The Eagles will be a playoff team, at best, with him at QB. nothing more, nothing less. So, all you defenders out there, hope you enjoy your 10-6 season and the crushing playoff loss that comes with it.
Donovan...chokes...in...the...clutch.Need more? Ok, this may hurt a bit...5 is the perfect QB for a philly sports team. He makes unbelievable plays, stomps on weak teams, and wins a lot of games. And then, when it matters most, when its time to bring a championship home to a city that desperately needs one, he will crush you. He will destroy your hopes and dreams of a parade down broad street with yet another bone headed mistake, mental fumble, or puke-fest in the huddle. He will gasp for breath, hands on his knees, showing us all what he had for lucnh that day. He will flash that smile when he misses yet another wide open receiver or bounces another ground ball down the field. Its ok though, why would anyone expect a guy with a 9 figure contract to step up and be the best?So yeah, lay off McNabb, he is exactly what you have come to expect from your sports teams and stars...second best.
Thank g-d for the phils or this would be even more impossible for Eagles fans to accept.

JuniorNB said:
Crusaderfan said:
travdogg said:
lame, really lame excuses.. :bag:

Atlanta > Eagles - did you see the Falcons dismantle the highly regarded, highly touted Saints yesterday? did you watch that game at all? Matt Ryan is what Carson Palmer was supposed to be...that team is for real..

Az > Eagles ( AZ undefeated at home, beat up the Romo-led Cowboys) they beat Miami, Buff..they destroyed Buffalo, back when everyone thought the Bills would win the AFC East. @ home, Az is a powerhouse team..

Carolina > Eagles

Washington > Eagles

Chicago > Eagles

TB >= Eagles ( that would be a great game to watch, I'd have to give the edge to Chucky)

just because you're not impressed with Carolina doesn't mean the Panthers are not a good team...they keep winning..Az is a beast @ home, and will probably earn a first round bye in the playoffs..

the Eagles almost won last night's game, but as we know, almost only matters in horseshoes and hand grenades..

your comment about the NFC North teams going 6-10 in the NFC East, is a joke..Chicago beat Philly, so whats your point?! Minnesota would probably trounce the Eagles with ADP running all day long..Washington also beat Philly.

NYG beat Philly..

the Eagles are not that good, plain and simple..you're calling out the other teams by saying they're not that good,they have problems, they can't win, bla bla bla..the fact is, the Eagles have the problems, NOT the other teams..
Um what? Atlanta is better because they beat a highly regarded/touted Saints team? Who regards the Saints highly? That would have been one of the biggest upsets of the week if NO would have won that game. The Saints are BY FAR the worst team in the NFC South without Bush. Pretty sure Philly beat Atlanta in week 8 and by a decent margin as well, I like Atlanta and have been on their bandwagon since the preseason. I think they'll win the South, but they are a year away from doing real damage in the playoffs.
Actually, the Eagles were very lucky to beat Atlanta at the Linc. The Atlanta game was very close to a loss. If they had lost it maybe more people would realize just how inept Reid has become.They were winning 20-7 when Atlanta got the ball at their own 18 yd line. Atlanta drove the field and scored with just over 4 minutes to play to make it 20-14.

M.Koenen kicks 74 yards from ATL 25 to PHI 1. 39-Q.Demps to PHI 17 for 16 yards (44-J.Snelling).

1-10-PHI 17 (3:42) 5-D.McNabb pass short right to 87-B.Celek to PHI 25 for 8 yards (24-D.Foxworth).

2-2-PHI 25 (3:01) 36-B.Westbrook up the middle to PHI 26 for 1 yard (59-M.Boley).

4-1-PHI 26 (2:28) 6-S.Rocca punts 34 yards to ATL 40, Center-46-J.Dorenbos. 81-A.Jennings MUFFS catch, RECOVERED by PHI-56-A.Jordan at ATL 37.

Check it out. The Eagles use a timeout AFTER returning the kickoff. What the heck were they doing on the sidelines prior to this?

Now the Eagles punt and Atlanta is called for a muffed punt even though the ball clearly NEVER touched the Atlanta player. Fortunately - the Atlanta coach had no timeouts left to challenge. The Atlanta team is dumbfounded that everybody except the officials knew it was a bad call and they couldn't do anything about it.

The next play Westbrook blows by an Atlanta team that was reeling from the blown call for a 39 yd TD. Final 27-14.

:popcorn:
Saying the Eagles were "very close to a loss" may be a little over dramatic. They won by 13 points.As you stated, they were up 20-7 early on, Atlanta made a rally, and Westbrook put it away. 27-14.

If you're going to play 'what if' and say that they were close to losing, let's go the other way and say they were close to winning in a route. Give the Falcons 14 imaginary points and Atlanta wins 28-27. Give teh Eagles 14 imaginary points and Philly wins 41-14.
Guess it depends on how you want to look at it. Atlanta had just driven 82 yds for a score. The Eagles go 3 and out in their attempt to run out the clock. If not for an obvious blown call - Atlanta would be getting the ball back at around their own 37 with over 2 minutes to play down 20-14. Do I know they would have scored? No. Do you know that the Eagles would have stopped them? No. Hardly think that's being over dramatic.

The final Westbrook TD was a gift - nothing more. If Atlanta had failed to score - the Eagles would have taken a knee and the final would have been 20-14.

Last edited by a moderator:
JuniorNB said:
Crusaderfan said:
travdogg said:
lame, really lame excuses.. :excited:

Carolina > Eagles

Washington > Eagles

Chicago > Eagles

NYG beat Philly..

:popcorn:

Guess it depends on how you want to look at it. Atlanta had just driven 82 yds for a score. The Eagles go 3 and out in their attempt to run out the clock. If not for an obvious blown call - Atlanta would be getting the ball back at around their own 37 with over 2 minutes to play down 20-14. Do I know they would have scored? No. Do you know that the Eagles would have stopped them? No. Hardly think that's being over dramatic.

The final Westbrook TD was a gift - nothing more. If Atlanta had failed to score - the Eagles would have taken a knee and the final would have been 20-14.
The Eagles 2008 season has been filled with ifs, would be's, and would have beens. They lost to the Bears, but if the refs would have seen Buckhalter go over the goal line (which pictures have proven he did) the Eagles would have won that game. I'd hardly say a 13 point victory over Atlanta was as lucky as their loss to the Bears was unlucky.

Bottom line is, you can say that Carolina is better than Philly, since it's subjective and they've both had ups and downs. You can say Arizona's better, because they play in a few weeks and we'll find out. I'm just saying that you'd have a pretty hard time claiming Atlanta is better, based on a 13 point loss. As for Washington and Dallas, I'm quite sure Philly would be at least 7 point favorites over either of them on a neutral field right now. THe Redskins had some good early results because they managed to avoid turnovers. Once that battle evened out (as it usually does) they came crashing back to earth. And Dallas wouldn't stand a chance right now. Look at the difference in what the Giants did to both teams.

Still an Ugly Loss

Andy Reid held a day-after news conference that shockingly shed little light on how the Eagles got manhandled on both sides of the ball Sunday night in losing to the Giants. Reid then met with his team in the NovaCare auditorium.

The most relevant Reid quote for today might actually have come from his Friday news conference, when he was still thinking his team was going to make a statement about its place in the NFC East. (Come to think of it, the Eagles did make a statement, just not the one Reid was hoping they'd make.)

Reid was asked about the importance of winning the game up front, in the trenches.

"I absolutely believe that," Reid said Friday. "When you have two good football teams play -- I think this is probably around the NFL, but I would say in particular to this game right here -- it starts up front. I always say that, but I would put a little extra on this one. It starts up front, on both sides of the ball. The attitude you bring is very important to this thing."

Right there is your epitath for the whole business. Never mind Donovan McNabb's ridiculously bad start, the challenges that could have gone the other way, or whether Stewart Bradley actually grabbed Brandon Jacobs' facemask, when Bradley's hand slid across Jacobs' face.

Your Eagletarian asked Reid yesterday about the fact that the Birds' NFC East rivals have all gotten bigger and stronger up front, and better at running the ball over the past few years, and how he and his staff have addressed that trend.

"I'm not concerned, other than stopping it," Reid said. "I know we can do that with the people we have."

Seriously, you can? The NFL has banned steroids, ya know.

The Eagles rank 22nd in NFL rushing going into Monday night. The Giants rank first, the Redskins fourth, the struggling Cowboys 12th, a full 10 slots ahead of the Eagles. Reid, whose team was fortunate to lose Sunday night's game by only five points, given the way things went up front, persists in believing he is coaching a team with championship potential.

"I know what I've got, as far as coaches and players. I know what we have to do. And we're going to go do it," he vowed.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepa..._Ugly_Loss.html

Still an Ugly Loss

Andy Reid held a day-after news conference that shockingly shed little light on how the Eagles got manhandled on both sides of the ball Sunday night in losing to the Giants. Reid then met with his team in the NovaCare auditorium.

The most relevant Reid quote for today might actually have come from his Friday news conference, when he was still thinking his team was going to make a statement about its place in the NFC East. (Come to think of it, the Eagles did make a statement, just not the one Reid was hoping they'd make.)

Reid was asked about the importance of winning the game up front, in the trenches.

"I absolutely believe that," Reid said Friday. "When you have two good football teams play -- I think this is probably around the NFL, but I would say in particular to this game right here -- it starts up front. I always say that, but I would put a little extra on this one. It starts up front, on both sides of the ball. The attitude you bring is very important to this thing."

Right there is your epitath for the whole business. Never mind Donovan McNabb's ridiculously bad start, the challenges that could have gone the other way, or whether Stewart Bradley actually grabbed Brandon Jacobs' facemask, when Bradley's hand slid across Jacobs' face.

Your Eagletarian asked Reid yesterday about the fact that the Birds' NFC East rivals have all gotten bigger and stronger up front, and better at running the ball over the past few years, and how he and his staff have addressed that trend.

"I'm not concerned, other than stopping it," Reid said. "I know we can do that with the people we have."

Seriously, you can? The NFL has banned steroids, ya know.

The Eagles rank 22nd in NFL rushing going into Monday night. The Giants rank first, the Redskins fourth, the struggling Cowboys 12th, a full 10 slots ahead of the Eagles. Reid, whose team was fortunate to lose Sunday night's game by only five points, given the way things went up front, persists in believing he is coaching a team with championship potential.

"I know what I've got, as far as coaches and players. I know what we have to do. And we're going to go do it," he vowed.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepa..._Ugly_Loss.html
I find it hard to believe that anyone even attends these charades anymore. If I want to have my intelligence insulted, I'll watch "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader". :thumbup:

1. They're not a very good team against the run when they face a good rb
Except when they are (Turner, Forte, SJax, Parker).
Point taken. At best, their run defense is inconsistent.
Yeah, I think part of it is scheming. Johnson will try to take your best weapon away. The times they got destroyed by the run, lead WRs were totally shut down. Look at Santana Moss' goose egg in the Washington game, for instance. Last night Toomer was the only WR with more than 1 catch. The problem is they play in a division where the other teams can beat you either way. And they have.

I'd say no. They almost beat the best team in the NFL in my opinion. The Eagles are the 2nd best team in the NFC in my eyes. While I didn't like the play calling on the last possession and those challenges were awful, the guy is still a solid head coach. Is he one of the 5 best? No, he isn't, but there are at least a dozen teams that would LOVE to have Andy Reid as their coach.
Update?

Why did the Eagles not go for the first down on 4th and one near the end of overtime? Giving the way the NFC is playing out does a tie put the Eagles in a better position for a playoff birth than a loss? I think you need to play for the win not a tie/loss.

Why did the Eagles not go for the first down on 4th and one near the end of overtime? Giving the way the NFC is playing out does a tie put the Eagles in a better position for a playoff birth than a loss? I think you need to play for the win not a tie/loss.
Maybe Andy Reid didn't realize that there are ties in the NFL too.

Users who are viewing this thread