What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another MFL Waivers Question (1 Viewer)

Daywalker

Footballguy
I want waivers to run on Wed. night at 8pm.

Then first come first serve until the start of the first Sunday game.

Once the Thursday night game begins I want to exclude those players until the following weeks waiver.

Is their a package for this?

Yes, MFL can handle that plus more. If you go to your league calendar you can set all of that up exactly how you wish.

Set up waiver requests to run from 1:05 p.m. Sunday to to 8 p.m. Wednesday.

Set up First Come/First Serve to run 8 p.m. Wednesday to 1:05 p.m. Sunday.

Then, go into Waiver Wire Options and select the option that says "Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week".

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys for posting this. I'm not sure how waivers ran in MFL either as this is my first season converting from CBS.

How do owners queue up players exactly? When I try to do "add," it says I can't until the waiver thing starts.

So are we only allowed to queue during the window specified for Waiver Requests? If so, when do all the waivers get executed?

Thank you guys for posting this. I'm not sure how waivers ran in MFL either as this is my first season converting from CBS.

How do owners queue up players exactly? When I try to do "add," it says I can't until the waiver thing starts.

So are we only allowed to queue during the window specified for Waiver Requests? If so, when do all the waivers get executed?
Yes, you can only request players when the Waiver Request window is open. But you can set the window to be open from 1 p.m. Sunday to 1 p.m. Sunday. (But if you do that, then you won't be able to do any "First Come, First Served" waivers.)

Yes, you can only request players when the Waiver Request window is open. But you can set the window to be open from 1 p.m. Sunday to 1 p.m. Sunday. (But if you do that, then you won't be able to do any "First Come, First Served" waivers.)
Exactly... for my leagues there is pretty much always waivers of sometime going on... we run 2 blind bid waivers session from kickoff sunday until wednesday night, then first come first serve until kickoff sunday.

On CBS we would just queue up a bunch of players, and it would use the waiver order to process everything at once. Once everybody got what they wanted then it would become a free for all immediately after, but picking a player would cause you to go in the back of the line in waiver order.

I never set anything different than the default CBS waiver system, and everybody always liked it. So I guess my question is, how do I set up MFL to mirror CBS?

On CBS we would just queue up a bunch of players, and it would use the waiver order to process everything at once. Once everybody got what they wanted then it would become a free for all immediately after, but picking a player would cause you to go in the back of the line in waiver order.

I never set anything different than the default CBS waiver system, and everybody always liked it. So I guess my question is, how do I set up MFL to mirror CBS?
Do this.

Then, go into Waiver Wire Options and select the option that says "Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week".
But then goto "Waivers Setup> Custom Waiver Order" to make sure the initial order is set how you want it (for example reverse of the draft order). From there it should run all season putting people in the back of the line when they make a claim.

:hifive:

Another question. We just had our draft. I want to prevent everyone from making any first come first serve add/drops until Monday night at 8pm. Know an easy fix?

:hifive: Another question. We just had our draft. I want to prevent everyone from making any add/drops until Monday night at 8pm. Know an easy fix?
I'm not certain but I believe you can add it to your league calendar when Waiver/Add drop request can start.

Thanks a bunch for the replies all. Very very helpful! Loving MFL so far.

Last question, when do the players actually get added if you have them queued? Does it execute all at once? Or does the #1 pick get moved once they chose their player when the window is open, then #2, and so on?

:hifive: Another question. We just had our draft. I want to prevent everyone from making any add/drops until Monday night at 8pm. Know an easy fix?
I'm not certain but I believe you can add it to your league calendar when Waiver/Add drop request can start.
Looking at my league calendar. Want to add a first come/first serve event for Monday at 8pm. But the "Event Type" drop down menu only offers "No Trades Allowed" or "Custom Event Named."

Looking at my league calendar. Want to add a first come/first serve event for Monday at 8pm. But the "Event Type" drop down menu only offers "No Trades Allowed" or "Custom Event Named."
You need to first make sure your owners on the abilities page has the ability to perform waivers checked. This could be the problem.

You need to first make sure your owners on the abilities page has the ability to perform waivers checked. This could be the problem.
Gotcha I did take away that ability so I wouldn't have any problems. Will check it out.

That did it. Thanks.

That did it. Thanks.
I also add a "no waivers" event that runs until my first come/first serve waiver event that begins Monday night. Ok think it's all good now.

That did it. Thanks.
Anytime

Users who are viewing this thread