What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Gates owners, post your record (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
Gates has been absolutely lights out every single week. I was looking at his numbers through four weeks. Only 11 tight ends finished with more fantasy points in 2009 than he has right now. He is on a blistering pace. And I don't really see any reason why that will change. Obviously he's uber talented, maybe the best we've ever seen at the position (he's certainly in the conversation with guys like Gonzo and Winslow). I think he stats, although fantastic for the past few seasons, have been muted by the emergence of Vincent Jackson and obviously LT2 was always there too. Subtract those two players and add in the polish he's gained over the past few seasons (remember he didn't play football much before joining the NFL) and you have a recipe for what we've seen so far.

So post your records, those of you that have him. I play in and all play, he's easily the team MVP and my record is 33-3. In my other league, the owner with Gates is the high scorer by a good margin and his record (doubleheaders) is going to be 7-1.

Finley, while a great player, can't hold a candle to Gates.

Gates has been absolutely lights out every single week. I was looking at his numbers through four weeks. Only 11 tight ends finished with more fantasy points in 2009 than he has right now. He is on a blistering pace. And I don't really see any reason why that will change. Obviously he's uber talented, maybe the best we've ever seen at the position (he's certainly in the conversation with guys like Gonzo and Winslow). I think he stats, although fantastic for the past few seasons, have been muted by the emergence of Vincent Jackson and obviously LT2 was always there too. Subtract those two players and add in the polish he's gained over the past few seasons (remember he didn't play football much before joining the NFL) and you have a recipe for what we've seen so far.

So post your records, those of you that have him. I play in and all play, he's easily the team MVP and my record is 33-3. In my other league, the owner with Gates is the high scorer by a good margin and his record (doubleheaders) is going to be 7-1.

Good for you.

Good for you.
I take it you don't own him. WHat does the owner in your league's record look like?

Not sure how to see it, but I'd love to know his VBD value to this point. It has to be off the charts. He's number two in scoring in my league, the next TE is 19th.

Good for you.
I take it you don't own him. WHat does the owner in your league's record look like?
2-2

Actually just traded him before this weeks game.

Got

Addai-H.Ward-Shaincoe

Bleeding at RB - Needed to make the move to counter my screw up of taking Harrison in the 6th. :thumbup:

Shaincoe and Hernandez hopefully get the job done.

Actually just traded him before this weeks game.Got Addai-H.Ward-ShaincoeBleeding at RB - Needed to make the move to counter my screw up of taking Harrison in the 6th. :thumbup:Shaincoe and Hernandez hopefully get the job done.
Gates should net you a better RB then Addai. Did you ask around first?

One league is 14 teams double headers and I'm going 6 - 2

my usually line up is Manning / Bradshaw / LT / Boldin / Welker / (one of Breaston / Harvin / Amendola) / Gates / Witten

I would easily be 0 - 6 after the 1st 3 weeks since my Avg PA is 300!!!! and the next teams was 260.

Another I'm 4 - 0 but have some of the same players and its 16 teams

An a Non-PPR I'm looking at 3 - 1 but that team isn't very good... its really all Gates

20 Team 6 IDP league with 1 PPR for TEs (0.5 for RBs/WRs). 4 W/T flex spots and 1 Q/R/W/T flex spot.

Currently 3-1 thanks to Gates but more so my IDP contributions (Getting 25-35 FP a week from them).

Not counting this week I am 3-0 with 510pts.

Counting this week I am going to be 4-0 with 668 points ( still have marshall going )

Averaging 25.5pts a week for Gates.

Yes it is ####### ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Saber, with a 5 point effort from my QB3-Hass this week(Romo bye, Ben-S), another so so Chris Johnson performance, he saved me again this week. On pace for about 1500 yds and 24 TDs. There is no one else to throw the football to in San Diego. People keep saying they will take him away soon in coverage schemes but Gates seems healthy for once the last couple years and is putting together his HoF resume.

Edit to add: 3-1 record

I was 3-0 going into this week, 3-1 after. Still put up decent pts when some of my other studs flopped, but i guess you can't win em all. Sure would have been kick qss though.

Although Gates has been phenomenal, he could still be the bright spot on a losing 0-4 team.

2-1, should win this week to get to 3-1. 28-5 against everyone before tonite, which provided Brady doesnt score 37 will put me at 39-5.

Put up 126 this week with Vick getting 2 and ADP on a bye. Gates is basically in the role of WR1 for me. Not sure how long he can keep this pace, but sure happy to have him right now.

2-1, should win this week to get to 3-1. 28-5 against everyone before tonite, which provided Brady doesnt score 37 will put me at 39-5.Put up 126 this week with Vick getting 2 and ADP on a bye. Gates is basically in the role of WR1 for me. Not sure how long he can keep this pace, but sure happy to have him right now.
I think he's got a shot at 270 FP this season. Since 2008, only three tight ends have broken 200. I'm talking in Weeks 1-13. He's on pace for over 400 right now.

I have Gates in a non-mandatory TE league and he is is 2nd among all WRs in PPR. Just behind Austin ####### Collie.

Gates has been money this year and he and Tolbert ALMOST saved me from the Vick/D-Jax disaster this week along with another poor performance from CJ2k.

3-1 right now.

3-0 going into this week. Gates along with Manning and Foster my top performers. Have a 90 pt lead going into tonight and still have R.Moss to go while my opponent has Brady and Welker. Will be 4-0 and Gates is a MAJOR part of that. Also high score in 3 out of these first 4 weeks too. Took Gates at 4.1 and got a few catcalls, nobody is catcalling anymore. Hope the guy stays healthy all year, i'd draft him every year on every team if I could.

Currently Gates is on pace for: 96 catches, 1544 yards, 26 TDs

Surely those numbers will come down over the course of the season, but the question is How Much? He had 89 receptions in 2005, 1150 yards in 2009, and 13 TDs in 2004. Those number now appear to be his healthy floor. Pretty amazing.

All the talk about Finley in the pre-season (and he is very good) should've been meant for Gates. Every time someone speculated that Finley would have 1500 yards and 15 TDs.... SSOG or someone would point out "it's not likely because that would be the greatest season ever for a TE."

Well, Gates is well on his way to posting the greatest season ever for a TE.

Leagues I have him: 4

Combined record: 12-4 (assuming MNF goes the way I expect).

3-0 going into this week. Gates along with Manning and Foster my top performers. Have a 90 pt lead going into tonight and still have R.Moss to go while my opponent has Brady and Welker. Will be 4-0 and Gates is a MAJOR part of that. Also high score in 3 out of these first 4 weeks too. Took Gates at 4.1 and got a few catcalls, nobody is catcalling anymore. Hope the guy stays healthy all year, i'd draft him every year on every team if I could.
Right there with you. Had the last pick so I grabbed Manning and Wayne. 3.12 and 4.1 I grabbed colston and gates respectively. 12 man league and 8 IDP's also. 4 - 0... It's solely due to Gates and Manning because my RBs are thin. Highest scorer too..I can't imagine having Gates, Manning, AND Foster

I took Gates at 4:10 in a 10 person, non-PPR league and I'm 4-0. To illustrate how important Gates has been, this weak I had the following players and their pts:

QB Cutler: -3

RB C. Johnson: 4

RB J. Best: 6

WR S. Moss: 0

In our league you generally need to put up 90+ pts. to have a decent chance of winning and I'm at 90 with B. Marshall going tonite thanks to Gates' 26 and Chargers DST 35 (not sure how I pulled that one out of my ### heh).

I'm easily off to my best start ever in this league so I fully expect Gates to suffer a terrible injury in a bizarre kiln explosion (respects to Fawn Liebowitz) and derail my long-overdue first Championship run. Gates owners beware!

Not points leader but I am 4-0.

I knew he'd benefit from Vjax being gone.....last year he drove me nuts taking scores from gates early in the season. Gotta love players that benefit from a high powered offenses!

2-2 Lost week 1 by a few pts vs Foster... and lost week 2 by less than 1pt .... both were the highest scoring matches...

But Gates has the most points from all TE/WR and only Foster has more points from all RBs.

Best of all.. I got Gates in 6th Round... 4th TE off board...

2-2. Should be 4-0 with my crazy high scoring but my opponents seem to go crazy every week off stupid stuff like Chargers DST or Hillis vs Ravens.

I got him last in 4th round, 3rd off the board.

0-4! You never know what you're gonna get (on paper I love my team for a 12-teamer - MJD, Benson, RWhite, Gates..then I've got Clayton, Bowe & Knox, & Eli as my QB...there's my killer)

I took him at 5.2 in a non-ppr league. He was by far the best "receiver" on the board at that spot.

I am 3-1.

2-1-1. Sort of unlucky, as I'm far and away high points leader. Have Gates, Peyton Manning, Foster, LT, Austin, V Davis, etc in a 12 team redraft. Note not TE mandatory. One week I faced the Schaub/AJ combo (60+ points combined) to barely lose, and last week I was 27 points up against Brandon Marshall and that's what he got for the tie.

Believe it or not I'm thinking of breaking this up, potentially moving Gates for MJD. Really struggling with this one.

1-3 or 2-2 depending on what Moss does tonight. Benching Mendy this week kept me from confidently saying 2-2...

4-0 also have Clark

4-0 as long as Marshall doesn't go for 33

3-1 - scored 2nd most points in the week i lost

3-1 in my Dynasty league. We play with IDP's so my one loss came last week when Best put up 6 points before leaving early in the game and all but 1 of my IDP's put up single digits.

Actually, that Vikings/Lions game is probably what did me in because my linebackers were E.J. Henderson and Deandre Levy. They combined for 9 points. I lost by about 30. Henderson can usually pull in 15-20 for me.

Not a Gates owner, but in my two leagues the teams with Gates are both 2-2. Mostly due to surrounding cast, but this week the Gates owner in one league was absolutely blown out by the team with Wayne, Foster, Keller, and SDG DST despite scoring a ton of points himself.

Gates has scored 75 fantasy points so far. 18 players had that many all of last year. Value wise, Gates ranks #2 so far behind Foster in 0 PPR leagues.

4-0 in a Phenoms league.

2-2 in a local league. Injuries are killing me here.

Guy is a beast, nothing else to say. Just hope he keeps it up!

My team is 3-and-1, with my only loss coming in a fantasy shootout (2nd highest point total v. 3rd highest point total that week).

I've got Gates paired with Rivers, so it's a beautiful thing when they hook up for a TD.

How can the consensus #1 TE all of a sudden be the fantasy MVP? Come on. The fantasy MVP has to be someone that has enormous value compared to his draft position. While Gates has outperformed his draft position, he doesn't compare to the likes of Austin Collie. Collie is the fantasy MVP right now and it isn't even close.

How can the consensus #1 TE all of a sudden be the fantasy MVP? Come on. The fantasy MVP has to be someone that has enormous value compared to his draft position. While Gates has outperformed his draft position, he doesn't compare to the likes of Austin Collie. Collie is the fantasy MVP right now and it isn't even close.
Arian Foster that far behind?

Depends on when you drafted. Back in July, then Foster went around the 67-8th round. Sure, he can be in the conversation. But if you drafted close to the season, Foster was going in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Shoot in my last draft, Foster went at 1.12. So, while he has been terrific, he isn't the fantasy MVP at this point in the season.

Depends on when you drafted. Back in July, then Foster went around the 67-8th round. Sure, he can be in the conversation. But if you drafted close to the season, Foster was going in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Shoot in my last draft, Foster went at 1.12. So, while he has been terrific, he isn't the fantasy MVP at this point in the season.
Any league that I was involved with, even right before the season, Gates and Foster went near each other. The earliest I personally saw Foster go was in the 4th round.

Users who are viewing this thread