What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Grant/Brandon Jax owners hoping Grant is out? (1 Viewer)

biggamer3

Footballguy
The worst thing for me is to have a RBBC for my playoff matchups and if Grant is healthy there is not way BJax wont get 10 carries after the way he ran the ball on Sunday.

So i would like Grant to be sidelined and Bjax will get the 10 points at least that Grant gets

if you change the name of this thread you might get more conversation.

I am also curious about Grant's injury and Jackson's potential for next week.

Any homers have news about the injury? Aside from owning Greg Jennings I know very little about the pack. Thanks.

All I know is what's been reported. Grant's injury didn't appear serious, but they held him out.

More telling is the fact that they're now second guessing force feeding Grant half the season when he wasn't healthy (hamstring).

I don't know where it goes from here. Jackson looked very good. But then again, he's done that at other times. Then he follows it up with really poor play.

I'm not a huge fan of this situation either way right now.

I want Grant either healthy enough to start and play his usual role, or out altogether. None of this halfway stuff that has seemed to happen a ton this year.

I just read that his thumb is in a splint and is expected to remain there through next Sunday - so the injury is worse than they made it sound during the game yesterday.

If you believe, as I do, that the coaches were/are interested in seeing what they've got in Jackson this would be the perfect time to do it.

His injury is nothing reflective of GB giving him the ball when he had a hamstring injury. He wanted to play at that time.

His injury currently is a bum hand. They kept him out because Jackson was running the ball well.

After how Jackson ran you have to wonder if they'll make it more of a RBBC. I don't see them shaking the offense up too much... that's not what's broken with this team.

I own neither, I ditched Grant while I could. The asking price was a 12 pack of Fat Tire, but I settled for Grant/TO for Fitz :)

I think you'll see more RBBC. If you're counting on him for your playoff hopes... well, then you probably made the playoffs without him so you should be serviceable with him in a RBBC during the next 3 weeks.

DRDR

How come there's not more talk/info on this? Jackson could be a great pickup.

Is it because people think that maybe a thumb isn't a big deal? Might sound minor but it could be turf-toe-esque, no?

How come there's not more talk/info on this? Jackson could be a great pickup. Is it because people think that maybe a thumb isn't a big deal? Might sound minor but it could be turf-toe-esque, no?
Jackson could be solid a for a week.Grant has his thumb/hand in a splint and will for the remainder of the week. That was a serious enough injury this past Sunday, any way you slice it.
"Rear Naked Choke" :thumbdown:

Picked up Jackson and if Grant is ruled out, I will start him over Portis! I say ... season is over let's hope GB uses Jax!

I have the feeling we will not know how much Grant will play until after kickoff, the Packers may not tip their hand. If we do get some news, IMO the following applies for a PPR leauge that allows 2-3 starting RB's.

Grant out = B Jax a strong #2 RB

Grant active but not starting = B Jax a weak #2 with upside

Grant starts with a splint on his hand = B Jax still could be worth a #3 or flex option with a chance to take over if Grant has issues handling the ball

If they are worried about Grant being able to hold onto the ball, I really wouldn't see the point in a RBBC approach. I don't own either running back, but I just really don't understand why they play Grant at all if they don't feel that he can grip the ball.

Ryan Grant (thumb) practiced without limitations on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Brandon Jackson was limited with a quads injury. While it isn't supposed to keep Jackson out for Week 14, this development would appear to give Grant a better chance at being featured against Houston. Grant and Jackson owners need to continue tracking the situation. Grant is likely to draw the start if he makes it through a full week of practice. Dec. 3 - 5:59 pm et

I have a heck of a decision to make because I have to decide between Grant and Mcfadden. As of now I have McFadden in there but since he plays tomorrow night I don't have the luxury of waiting to see what happens.

I am guessing Grant had too much swelling to go back in this past week.

I think if he plays and has no fumbles, they play him like they always have. Maybe give BJ a series now and then.

But people all the sudden are forgetting how well he did vs. some good run D's lately.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy confirmed Friday that Ryan Grant will see his "normal workload" in Week 14 against the Texans.

Grant is a high-end RB2 after this news. While Brandon Jackson was productive on his touches in Week 13 after Grant sprained his thumb, the Packers clearly don't trust B-Jax to play a major role and consider Grant a far superior option. Whether that's good personnel evaluation is debatable, but Grant should get 20 carries in a highly favorable matchup vs. Houston. Dec. 5 - 5:04 pm et

Source: packers.com

I have the feeling we will not know how much Grant will play until after kickoff, the Packers may not tip their hand. If we do get some news, IMO the following applies for a PPR leauge that allows 2-3 starting RB's.Grant out = B Jax a strong #2 RBGrant active but not starting = B Jax a weak #2 with upsideGrant starts with a splint on his hand = B Jax still could be worth a #3 or flex option with a chance to take over if Grant has issues handling the ball
Looks like I should of put in another option:Grant starts and gets a full load :lol: I have B Jax and go against Grant

Grant should be pinned bump
not necessaryGrant was listed as Probable on Friday and packers.com reported the following on Friday:

Grant, who sprained his thumb and missed the second half vs. Carolina, was a full participant all week and McCarthy said he expected that Grant would have his normal workload on Sunday.
It is necessary because I was reading this but the staff want to post Trivia instead of newsAnalysis: Grant appears ready to play in Week 14 but fantasy owners involved in the first round of their league playoff may want to consider other options at least for this week as he will likely split carries with Brandon Jackson. Grant should be viewed as a No. 3 running back for this week only and worthy of starting if you don't have any other options on your roster.

(Article Link)

Grant should be pinned bump
not necessaryGrant was listed as Probable on Friday and packers.com reported the following on Friday:

Grant, who sprained his thumb and missed the second half vs. Carolina, was a full participant all week and McCarthy said he expected that Grant would have his normal workload on Sunday.
It is necessary because I was reading this but the staff want to post Trivia instead of newsAnalysis: Grant appears ready to play in Week 14 but fantasy owners involved in the first round of their league playoff may want to consider other options at least for this week as he will likely split carries with Brandon Jackson. Grant should be viewed as a No. 3 running back for this week only and worthy of starting if you don't have any other options on your roster.

(Article Link)
FACTS: He was a full participant in practice all week. He is listed as Probable. McCarthy said he expects Grant to have a normal workload.Last week, Jackson got 2nd half work with Grant not playing. The only reason I said it doesn't need to be posted b/c we already know everything there is to know as of Friday. Obviously it is anyone's best guess as to how the carries are actually split in the game (see Baltimore for example), but with no injury issues here on Sunday there is no reason for there to be a pinned Grant thread due to the FACTS I listed above.

Jackson isn't an NFL stating RB. He's ok as a COP back but that's about it.
I'm not sure I agree with that. Right now you are correct but he has shown improvement over his 1 1/2 year career, it just depends where he tops out. This year I see a burst out of him that Grant had last year but is missing this year. I am not giving up on him as a starting RB yet.

I just read that his thumb is in a splint and is expected to remain there through next Sunday - so the injury is worse than they made it sound during the game yesterday.If you believe, as I do, that the coaches were/are interested in seeing what they've got in Jackson this would be the perfect time to do it.
Update?

Users who are viewing this thread