What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Willie Parker trades today in your leagues? (1 Viewer)

This week in a dynasty I traded FWP A.Green and Branch for TomlinsonMy RBs which we can start 3 are Tomlinson K.Jones McGahee M.Moore and still have Holt and Harrison to go with Vick/Farve at QB...oh ya Gates is my TE

I just dealt Parker and Crumpler for JJ Arrington and Gates. I already had LT,Westbrook and Fred Taylor at RB in a PPR league so I hadn't used Parker yet. I could care less about Arrington but it is a salary cap league and rookies are always helpful in keeping under the cap.

I traded for FWP in my 12-team, yardage-incentive-heavy, non-keeper league this week. I was pretty thin at RB (after Cadillac I had Shipp/Arrington, R Dayne and Staley). I had both Holt and R Moss (and no third receiver worth mentioning), so I negotiated with two RB-heavy guys in another division.My choice came down to Holt/Dayne for Westbrook/L Coles vs. Holt/Arrington for Parker/Chambers/Kennison (or not trading at all). I'm no expert, didn't feel able to make meaningful distinctions in potential values among Coles/Chambers/Kennison, so I chose to take the Parker risk + extra wide-out. (Plus, if Ron Dayne becomes the Rueben Droughns of 2005--as opposed to the much more likely scenario of him becoming Ron Dayne again--I'll be in great shape.)Of course if Parker doesn't keep this going, I'll be the Ron Dayne of 2005 in my league. Hey, no guts no glory.

I am making a play for FWP and dropping K Jones. I am usually much more conservative than this. However, I see big things in store for Willie Parker. Obviously more than K Jones, my #2 pick, 23rd overall.In our league we have a set team of QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, K, DST.So what I am saying is that I would rather have Parker than K Jones. I don't care about all this talk about Duce or the Bus or it's a long season.....blah blah blah. This kid is the real deal and Cowher Power will show his own ego to prove it. :) Anyone 'could' get injured so that is a non factor.I will be watching goal line carries along with the rest of the sharks.As a Lions homer for over 40 years. YUCK :thumbdown: K Jones will make some noise....I just can't see my ship go down with him getting perhaps 6-7 TD's and a few 100 yard + games.Like I have said....I am going against the grain in this move.

This just went down in one of my leagues. 14 team league, standard performance scoring:Team A gets P.Manning and J. Shockey. Team B gets FWP and K. Collins.

I just landed FWP and Carson Palmer for Steven Jackson and Faulk.I hated to lose Jackson, but my QB's were Plummer and McNair so I feel pretty good about the deal.

I just traded away Parker, and got Marvin Harrison in return. I was stacked at RB, lacking at WR, so I figured I'd sell FWP high and buy Harrison low.

I just traded away Parker, and got Marvin Harrison in return. I was stacked at RB, lacking at WR, so I figured I'd sell FWP high and buy Harrison low.
I offered FWP straight up for Jamal Lewis and got shot down. FWP is on a bye this week, but I may re-pose the same offer next week if Jamal has a poor game.

In one of my leagues FWP and T.J. Housh went for R.Moss and C. Taylor. The guy trading Moss was desparate at rb, and I think he got a good deal for Moss.

Posted this in a different thread:He was dealt in two of my Zealot leagues(dynasties/IDP). In one, he was dealt before week 3 for a 3rd round rookie and Priest Holmes.I just dealt for Parker, well it was a larger deal but looked like this:I give Tomlinson, Michael Bennett, and Antonio BryantI get FWP, Caddy, Pittman, Doug Gabriel, Kirk Morrison and a 3rd round rookie pick.

I just traded away Parker, and got Marvin Harrison in return.  I was stacked at RB, lacking at WR, so I figured I'd sell FWP high and buy Harrison low.
I offered FWP straight up for Jamal Lewis and got shot down. FWP is on a bye this week, but I may re-pose the same offer next week if Jamal has a poor game.
If JLewis has another bad game wjy trade for him? I mean the Ravens have had a week to figure out how to work him into the mix better. If he still stinks, I like FWP more for this season and for now on!

16 Team Dynasty IDP start 1 RB 1 RB/TE 1 TE 1.5 PPR for TE 2 pts per 50 yds bonus for TE.McMichael, Randy MIA TE; Year 2006 Round 4 Draft Pick FORParker, Willie PIT RB;Conwell, Ernie NOS TE;Mathis, Rashean JAC CB

Last edited by a moderator:
Just landed Gates for FWP and GlennAlready have Deuce, KJ, TJones, Dunn, and Suggs..Suprised he didn't want Bettis in the deal...

Users who are viewing this thread