What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody Loading Up On The Niners This Week? (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
I'm starting O'Sullivan and Bruce and giving serious consideration to grabbing Nedney off the WW and going with him too. Everything is pointing to an offensive explosion for the Niners this week against Detroit.

Anybody else all in with the Niners this week?

I'm starting O'Sullivan and Bruce and giving serious consideration to grabbing Nedney off the WW and going with him too. Everything is pointing to an offensive explosion for the Niners this week against Detroit.Anybody else all in with the Niners this week?
I'm starting JT O'Sullivan in my 8 team league, where QBs are important in this league. Palmer is my starter and I we can use 2 QBs (1 in flex position). JT was on the waiver wire so I grabbed him! I also may go with JT in my 14-team 3 keeper league over ELI. However, sometimes when all signs point to an offensive battle, it turns out to be a defensive battle. I mean neither team does have a good offense to begin with.

Gore is gonna go ape ####! jsut as bad as Turner did I imagine.

Fortunately I have him in one league and I play agianst him in another UGH!

Im also starting V.Daivs, but Im not expecting anything so maybe he will surprise

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting Isaac Bruce in the NBC/NFFC Main, Bryant Johnson in WCOFF and an NBC/NFFC Main and Frank Gore (obviously) on two WCOFF teams. I would start O'Sullivan if I had him, but have other options. All systems go for launch.

I'm staring JT (over Palmer) and Gore. I also have I.Bruce and am contemplating starting him over Coles.

Should be an offensive game but I'm cautious starting too many players on one team in case it is low scoring.

I'm starting O'Sullivan and Bruce and giving serious consideration to grabbing Nedney off the WW and going with him too. Everything is pointing to an offensive explosion for the Niners this week against Detroit.Anybody else all in with the Niners this week?
Nedney is gonna be real important for the 49ers this whole season, like he always is, so that's a good grab.

Anybody think Vernon Davis has a shot, to do ANYTHING in this game? I'm starting Fasano over him right now but i'm starting to wonder if Davis could have those once in a while kind of games where he scores 20 fantasy pts.

Just picked up JT. I started the year with Favre and Garrard. Favre did OK for me in the first couple of games, but I want better. So I dumped Garrard and put Favre on the bench. I'm hoping the hype is for real.

I don't think this qualifies as "loading up" but I'm starting Bryant Johnson over Santonio Holmes.

Why would he want revenge? Just because they poisoned his food, destroying his innards and didn't visit him on his deathbed, and then fired him?

Oh, wait. That was the Rams.

Matt Millen fired him. Big whoop. Getting fired by Matt Millen is actually a highlighted bullet point on a resume. "If healthy," Millen stated, "Mike Martz is the best Offensive Coordinator in the league."

JTO has looked great in practice all week. From the looks of things, expect to see a more spread out and balanced game plan. He will be far more protected this week as O-line has been a major focus in light of 8 sacks in Seattle. Worked out of the shot-gun as well this week for longer developing plays. More importantly, and most noticable has been that little bit of swagger he seems to have brought back from Seattle. His confidance level exceeds anything seen around year since the early Jeff Garcia era. It appears to be contagious as well, as the whole offense seems to be coming together more and more each week. This confidance can also be credited to Martz's weekly game-plan, as for once, they are all buying into it and know it can work if executed as its drawn up. I think all Niners are good starts this week and actually have a hunch that Josh Morgan breaks out on Sunday. VDavis should please owners who start him, finally.

I'm starting Bruce>>Bowe in one league and I'm starting Davis. I figure Davis can't do worse than last week.

I guess there are two factors here:

1. Detroit is gold mine for offensive fantasy points

2. Most (..NE 08...) teams don't like to pour it on and run up the score

Outside of those factors, if SF is so potent and guaranteed to score at will, why aren't they favored to win the NFC West, at the vary least. I don't get the whole "Well this week they are really going to score a lot because they are pissed (other than DET D sucks)". In some sense Martz may be off his game since he is so bent on running up the score, he is not thinking logically and normal.

And who is to say DET isn't pissed at Martz and just has more class to not publicize it? I guess in that sense it could be a barn-burner. :unsure:

Just playing devil's advocate... :hophead:

cutler6 said:
I guess there are two factors here:1. Detroit is gold mine for offensive fantasy points2. Most (..NE 08...) teams don't like to pour it on and run up the score Outside of those factors, if SF is so potent and guaranteed to score at will, why aren't they favored to win the NFC West, at the vary least. I don't get the whole "Well this week they are really going to score a lot because they are pissed (other than DET D sucks)". In some sense Martz may be off his game since he is so bent on running up the score, he is not thinking logically and normal.And who is to say DET isn't pissed at Martz and just has more class to not publicize it? I guess in that sense it could be a barn-burner. :yucky:Just playing devil's advocate... :goodposting:
last time martz had a "revenge game" (couple years ago as OC of detroit in a game at st. louis), he called a hell of a game and detroit scored their asses off. he was openly thrilled on the sidelines and the team really executed well. the players also acknowleged after the game that he really "wanted it". apparently they gave a damn enough to kick ### out there. st. louis was no dominating defense back then, but i'm pretty sure they were better than the current lions. i wouldn't expect a 40 point explosion but there might be something to be said about this whole revenge angle.

Users who are viewing this thread