What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else lose because of the QB/WR designation (1 Viewer)

CrossEyed

Footballguy
My opponent essentially got to start 2 QBs in our championship game and our scoring is QB heavy. His extra points were the margin of victory.

Anyone else lose because of this? Can't believe our commish didn't step in and make him only QB eligible since he was clearly only playing QB tonight. :goodposting:

Oh....where is that icon... I can't seem to find it.... HERE IT IS! :goodposting:
Yeah, I know, nobody who wasn't affected by this cares, but it's kind of a bitter pill to swallow. I just think it ruins the integrity of the league. Like I said, our QB scoring is very different than other positions and starting a 2nd QB is a huge advantage. Had I been the commish I would have not allowed him to be used at WR. Just stinks to lose like that.

Oh....where is that icon... I can't seem to find it.... HERE IT IS! :thumbup:
Yeah, I know, nobody who wasn't affected by this cares, but it's kind of a bitter pill to swallow. I just think it ruins the integrity of the league. Like I said, our QB scoring is very different than other positions and starting a 2nd QB is a huge advantage. Had I been the commish I would have not allowed him to be used at WR. Just stinks to lose like that.
I agree with you 100%, and I don't play Yahoo. You lost on a loophole.. a technicality. That sucks.

That is lame.Your commish should have addressed that immediately.

I agree with you 100%, and I don't play Yahoo. You lost on a loophole.. a technicality. That sucks.
Sounds like he lost to a player who knew the rules better.

Did everyone in the league have the opportunity to add Webb to their team?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just like to say beforehand that I picked up Joe Webb for this very reason and didn't start him (thought Brett would) over Moreno. Kicked myself because Moreno got 6 and Webb got 24.9. I WOULD HAVE STILL LOST BY 2 POINTS! :thumbup:

Now, it's too bad you lost. But it isn't exactly "not fair". I believe he was listed as a WR when Brett and Tavaris were active, so why should it keep switching? If you saw it, you should have picked him up yourself.

Any commish that would allow Webb to be started as a WR tonight is a total tool and I would drop out of that league immediately.

I can't imagine how much you people would whine about kick returners in IDP leagues. MULTIPOSITION ELIGIBILITY HAS ALWAYS BEEN PART OF FANTASY SPORTS. Get it through your head, geez. It's not as though you lost to a lucky defense, kicker, or cheating. Your opponent made a better play than you. Why that isn't easier to swallow than a fluke/lucky loss I don't know.

I can't imagine how much you people would whine about kick returners in IDP leagues. MULTIPOSITION ELIGIBILITY HAS ALWAYS BEEN PART OF FANTASY SPORTS. Get it through your head, geez.
This. What about Danny Woodhead who's listed as a RB/WR? Why should that be allowed, especially if your league values RB and WR yards separately? What about someone like (off the top of my head) Jim Leonhard, who was a punt returning safety? Why should a safety be allowed to start as an IDP when he gets return points too?

THEY SHOULD LIST MICHAEL VICK AS A QB/RB! LET'S COMPLAIN TO FANTASY FOOTBALL PEOPLE! WHO'S WITH ME?

Any commish that would allow Webb to be started as a WR tonight is a total tool and I would drop out of that league immediately.

I would never play in a league that over-values QBs so much that Webb's performance tonight was a game-breaker195 yds passing31 yds rushing1 rush TDWhat's so unusual about that point total for a WR?

I can't imagine how much you people would whine about kick returners in IDP leagues. MULTIPOSITION ELIGIBILITY HAS ALWAYS BEEN PART OF FANTASY SPORTS. Get it through your head, geez.
This. What about Danny Woodhead who's listed as a RB/WR? Why should that be allowed, especially if your league values RB and WR yards separately? What about someone like (off the top of my head) Jim Leonhard, who was a punt returning safety? Why should a safety be allowed to start as an IDP when he gets return points too?

also,

LOL I'm not mad...I won my championship and the cash prize yesterday and don't play in a league that has Webb "technically" listed as WR. But had he been I would have said something in my league even before waiver wire pickups to make sure everyone in the league knew about the situation and would have expected any decent commish to step in before games started this weekend. And I don't know what IDP is nor do I care.

And I don't know what IDP is nor do I care.
IDP is individual defensive player, like LB, DL, DB. These kinds of problems are abound in all IDP leagues because there are LBs who can play DE, DBs who can play LB, and DBs who return kicks
Well it sounds like a total headache. And isn't your draft twice as long with defensive players? It's already hectic enough on draft days. Anyway, I would not have allowed it if I was commish of a league. But it seems I'm not in full majority with that opinion. I guess it is what it is.I think the OP probably should have spoken up to his league before game time.

Yes, I am in the same boat... Oh wait, no I am in the opposite boat, I won because of him! Long live the reign of Joe Webb, my prince, my savior, my wide receiver.

Well it sounds like a total headache. And isn't your draft twice as long with defensive players? It's already hectic enough on draft days.
Depends on how many IDPs you draft. Most leagues are like one LB, one DL, one DB, and a flex D player. Some do 2+ of each and those are ridiculous. It only becomes a headache usually when you draft more than one for each position. I usually don't do them

Yes, I am in the same boat... Oh wait, no I am in the opposite boat, I won because of him! Long live the reign of Joe Webb, my prince, my savior, my wide receiver.
Well I can't fault anyone for making that decision. It is a smart move if your league allowed it. Congrats.

I would never play in a league that over-values QBs so much that Webb's performance tonight was a game-breaker195 yds passing31 yds rushing1 rush TDWhat's so unusual about that point total for a WR?
Because that was basically Webbs floor tonight, and would be a very good game for the best WR's.

Our league commish ruled that he was eligible to play in WR slot because that is the way Yahoo posted Webb. However, the guy that put him in his lineup was viciously attacked for doing so and intimidated into pulling him late last night. He ended up losing by a couple points because he had to scramble to find a replacement. In my oppinion, I think he should have played Webb because no one said anything until last night. FF is more than just picking players, it also includes strategy, taking advantage of matchups and understanding your opponent. Oh well, I'm sure there will be a new rule next year to stop this from happening again.

drafting only one idp at each position is entirely worthless because the player pool is so deep you can just stream players every week if there's no transaction costs.

Because that was basically Webbs floor tonight, and would be a very good game for the best WR's.
yeah, if qb yardage = wr yardage, which is why it doesn't.in my league webb scored a point more than britt's 4/89/1.

Id be happy it wasnt a guy named something like Spencer Havner (LB who plays backup TE) A player expected to get say two or three solo's comming up with 2 Td's and a few yds receiving is quite a difference.

Im glad we got to see Webb play though (I know Eagles dealing w/ injury's) because Webb played pretty good...

Not in my league. That's an 8 point night.You guy's would've been screwed if he actually played a good WR this week, like Jerome Simpson

Isn't something like this what commissioners are for? The guy hasn't played WR for the Vikings, he was only drafted as a "prospect" at that position. Since draft day he became a potential QB for the Vikings and a definite QB going into this game. In other words, common sense says it would be unfair to allow an owner to start him at WR during the fantasy playoffs.

It didn't effect me or anyone in my league. And I don't fault anyone for making the move if it was allowed, in fact, hats off to you. But I'm surprised there are not more people against the idea of leagues allowing this. Certainly a shark move for an owner if it's allowed, but I would have thought the majority to agree it shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

drafting only one idp at each position is entirely worthless because the player pool is so deep you can just stream players every week if there's no transaction costs.
In my experience the best way to include IDPs is to field a full defense of 11 players (12-14 team leagues). I don't even care about offense only leagues anymore, after this year I will have succesfully dumped them all.

Had I been the commish I would have not allowed him to be used at WR. Just stinks to lose like that.
If that's your attitude then you deserve to lose.(Unless your league's rules specifically forbid Webb to start at WR, in which case I apologize in advance.)

It sucks, but it's legal and you should have picked him up before the other guy. Kudos to someone who has the confidence to start a 3rd string rookie who is in his first start on the road in Philly..in the league championship.

Webb looked pretty bad last week throwing ugly INTs and getting sacked. Yeah he is a QB in the WR position, but what if he would have tossed a few picks and gotten sacked a lot? He could have just as well ended up with negative points on the night. If you lost a championship because a guy put up 30 rushing yds and around 200 passing yds with one rushing TD then your team wasn't good enough or you play in a league with ######ed QB scoring.

If you disagree with all that and it really pisses you off that he was utilized then join a new league or go to a different site. Woodhead was in the same boat as a WR/RB as well as Colston WR/TE a few seasons ago so it's not like this is a new thing.

In my experience the best way to include IDPs is to field a full defense of 11 players (12-14 team leagues). I don't even care about offense only leagues anymore, after this year I will have succesfully dumped them all.
This, only way ive ever played FF. And I couldnt imagine ever playing with TDEF. only i play 16 team leagues. 12 is just too much talent left on waiver.

I won my championship tonight and it didn't affect me. The reason is that I picked him up as an FA, like anyone else could've and made sure that nobody could use him against me. FYI, I didn't start him. Some things aren't fair, but the rules are what they are. Do you think it was fair in all of those leagues that have reverse waiver at the end of each week for the worst teams to grab Michael Vick without any challenge and ride him to playoff births and possibly championships? There's always something that seems unfair, but in the end, you have to make the most of it. I grabbed Webb before anyone else thought to. No harm, no foul.

As an aside, I want to thank Footballguys.com because I had never thought to subscribe to a site like this and did this year. I went wire to wire in both leagues in 1st place all season long, highest scoring team and league champs. There's your endorsement Footballguys :lol: !

Not in my league. That's an 8 point night.You guy's would've been screwed if he actually played a good WR this week, like Jerome Simpson
Yeah, it really depends on your scoring system. In my league, that's 12 points., but Webb carries the risk of negative points with INTs. I don't think that his realistic upside was worth the risk in my scoring system. I didn't start him, but I wouldn't have been upset if an opponent took the risk. In an advantageous scoring system, I guess I would have given a tip of my hat to my opponent for picking up Webb first. It is what it is.

This, only way ive ever played FF. And I couldnt imagine ever playing with TDEF. only i play 16 team leagues. 12 is just too much talent left on waiver.
We have 53 man rosters, but I hear you.

CE, I picked up Webb last week because I didn't want a potential opponent to use him as a WR. I had no intention of starting him, but didn't want to get into the situation you found yourself this week. It sux that you lost that way.

Users who are viewing this thread