What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone Else Wondering if McNabb Is a Sell High? (1 Viewer)

Washington is giving up 230 yds and 2 TDs thru the air...they get to play them twice!
This will change when (if?) Shawn Springs is starting again.
No it will not. Springs has been in the league almost 10 years now, and he was awesome when he first got in the league much like Charles Woodson...to me he is simply an avg to slightly above avg CB at this point. And this injury has kept him out over a month so far...maybe he won't have any impact this season. Springs is getting old at 31...his best days are behind him.
If healthy, he's got to be an improvement over Carlos Rogers and/or Kenny Wright. And either Rogers or Wright would be a huge improvement over Mike Rumph at nickel.

Washington is giving up 230 yds and 2 TDs thru the air...they get to play them twice!
No it will not. Springs has been in the league almost 10 years now, and he was awesome when he first got in the league much like Charles Woodson...to me he is simply an avg to slightly above avg CB at this point. And this injury has kept him out over a month so far...maybe he won't have any impact this season. Springs is getting old at 31...his best days are behind him.
If healthy, he's got to be an improvement over Carlos Rogers and/or Kenny Wright. And either Rogers or Wright would be a huge improvement over Mike Rumph at nickel.
:goodposting: You're right about Springs. His play had tailed off quite a bit in SEA but he was a top 5 CB last season in WAS. Period. At this point in their careers, the Charles Woodson comparison is ludicrous. I don't care how old they are. His lack of availability/participation thus far has really hampered Gregg Williams creativity in terms of blitz packages. Not to mention the effect it has on coverages. If he picks up where he left off last year, he's still an elite guy.

:goodposting: You're right about Springs. His play had tailed off quite a bit in SEA but he was a top 5 CB last season in WAS. Period. At this point in their careers, the Charles Woodson comparison is ludicrous. I don't care how old they are. His lack of availability/participation thus far has really hampered Gregg Williams creativity in terms of blitz packages. Not to mention the effect it has on coverages. If he picks up where he left off last year, he's still an elite guy.
Elite? How many Pro Bowls has Shawn Springs played in? So your advecating that people dump the #1 FF player right now because Shawn Springs might be coming off injury?Any chance you guys wear Red and Yellow on Sundays?

Elite? How many Pro Bowls has Shawn Springs played in? So your advecating that people dump the #1 FF player right now because Shawn Springs might be coming off injury?Any chance you guys wear Red and Yellow on Sundays?
They're not suggesting that people dump McNabb... they're suggesting that Washington's D will improve with a healthy Springs. It's called a tangent. Many tangents have little relevance to the thread topic. This happens to be one of those.

Any chance you guys wear Red and Yellow on Sundays?
Pats fan who lives in the DC area. Not a Skins fan, but trust me, I hear plenty about the home team, and Springs will make a big difference to the Skins D. Is it enough that you should be dumping McNabb for peanuts? No, but enough to make me worried (as a McNabb owner) about his w14-16 schedule

Great chance I wear yellow and red on Sundays. I'm a KC homer. And you know as well as I that Pro Bowls are irrelevant when measuring a players worth. Especially a defensive player. Bottom line: His first year in Washington, Springs became the 1st and only player in NFL historyto lead his team in sacks and interceptions. He was third alternate at the ProBowl. Last year, teams essentially quit throwing at receivers he was covering. Even Champ was thrown on last year (esp 2004). He's really taken his game to the next level in WAS (when healthy).***Full disclosure---I have no idea what this has to do with McNabb's value going forward other than a less than ideal matchup when playing the 'Skins(providing Springs is healthy).

I have a feeling this thread is going to look a lot more sensible after the game Sunday LOL. We've seen it in the past. The likelihood that McNabb continues to play at this level is very slim IMO.

Cya Monday!

I was thinking about selling him last week, but how can you sell him right now? Especially in a start 2 qb league.

[no one cares] I turned down Portis for him today (start 2qb league) and was offered Edge and Chambers for him and Caddy...yes someone offered me that[/no one cares]

I was thinking about selling him last week, but how can you sell him right now? Especially in a start 2 qb league.[no one cares] I turned down Portis for him today (start 2qb league) and was offered Edge and Chambers for him and Caddy...yes someone offered me that[/no one cares]
Yep, it's hard to get the proper value for him. I looked around my league, and I just couldn't find a trade that made my team better (Was trying to do McNabb + Glenn for something like Palmer + stud WR). Plus, watching him shred Dallas, perceived to be one of the tougher matchups on his schedule, definitely makes you feel better. He can't continue at this pace, but I think you roll with the #1 scorer unless you can get really good value for your trade.

I was thinking about selling him last week, but how can you sell him right now? Especially in a start 2 qb league.[no one cares] I turned down Portis for him today (start 2qb league) and was offered Edge and Chambers for him and Caddy...yes someone offered me that[/no one cares]
People who make trade offers that stupid (the latter one) should be called out and laughed at by their entire league.

Last edited by a moderator:
D M is the biggest reason why i`m 5-0 this season....he`s untradible to me :no:
No one is untradable to me, but like I said previously, it would have to really improve my team. For whatever reason, perhaps the perception that his schedule gets a lot tougher, no one is really biting on trade offers. I was listening to a radio show last Saturday with the Fanball guys and they were advocating selling high. That's when I knew it wasn't going to happen. Those guys' 'advice,' if you can call it that, it terrible, but it is a great barometer of how your average fantasy guy is thinking. For McNabb the sentiment seems to be that people would love to have him but aren't willing to give up that much to get him. Maybe the great game against the supposedly stout Dallas D changes things, but I'm only moving him for great value (i.e. a trade that gives me another stud QB and someone else that improves my lineup).

Any chance you guys wear Red and Yellow on Sundays?
Pats fan who lives in the DC area. Not a Skins fan, but trust me, I hear plenty about the home team, and Springs will make a big difference to the Skins D. Is it enough that you should be dumping McNabb for peanuts? No, but enough to make me worried (as a McNabb owner) about his w14-16 schedule
We are on a tangent. Right now, the Redskins D is actually pretty bad. They give up big pass plays regularly.

If/when Springs returns, the D should get better, unless he's lost a step, not 100%, or a dozen other possibilities. Another possibility, maybe Archuleta is such a liability in coverage that the Redskins can't blitz like want to.

Anyway, McNabb is on fire right now. I thought going into the season he would have a great year (yes, McNabb owner in a redraft league), and he is playing at an MVP level. Although it's difficult to project a player to continue to be the best in the NFL, I really don't see a reason why he won't continue. I would not sell McNabb, even if the Redskins got two Shawn Springs back.

One more tangent: Springs has been in limbo all season. I am not convinced that he is returning anytime soon if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread