What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone trade for MJD going into week 4? (1 Viewer)

Brady Gaga

Footballguy
Sorry to add another MJD thread but this is a fluid situation. He's gone from a good "buy low" to a possible "stay away". And now JAX just claimed Trent Edwards which might be a slight upgrade from Garrard.

Can't get much worse, right?

:X

Or what would you give up - hypothetically?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit, he's been an untouchable in my dynasty league but the ice has gone from a solid to a liquid in no time flat.

I actually just traded for him...

Gave up: Austin and Keller

Received: MJD and Gates

Had AJ, Fitz, Colston, S.Moss at WR and only Gore, MB3, Hillis, THT at RB.

Hope this helps you value wise

I actually just traded for him...Gave up: Austin and KellerReceived: MJD and GatesHad AJ, Fitz, Colston, S.Moss at WR and only Gore, MB3, Hillis, THT at RB.Hope this helps you value wise
That's fine given your WR depth and RB needs but I was hoping he wouldn't be so expensive at this point. Miles is a top 5 WR and an elite fantasy WR1 and I wouldn't want to have to give that up for him right now.Not saying I could get him for less but....

I play in a start 2-QB league and the guy who had MJD had the worst starting QB duo in the league. So I gave him Romo and Steve Smith (Carolina) for MJD and Brandon Marshall. Apparently some guys in the league protested the trade. HTH.

Gates was the dealbreaker, I'm thinking MJD by himself would still cost you a star in return. Maybe not a top 10 player at this point, but still a quality player. 3 weeks is a small sample, in the end of the season things will even out.

Gates was the dealbreaker, I'm thinking MJD by himself would still cost you a star in return. Maybe not a top 10 player at this point, but still a quality player. 3 weeks is a small sample, in the end of the season things will even out.
I want to offer Shonn Greene, Mike Wallace and Tolbert (he's the Ryan Mathews owner) for MJD.Is that too insulting?

I have Vick and Brees in a dynasty, and have the worst RB's right now....My best RBs are deangelo and Brandon Jax.

I offered up Brees and Mike Bush for MJD and Cutler and was declined....He told me he wouldn't take Brees straight up for MJD....

By the way, he has turner, Forte and Tolbert in a start 1Rb league with a flex.

I think thats a fair offer. Wallace's value will jump with Big Ben coming back and LT is more than likely to break down if the carries pile up so Greene could be decent in the second half. And Matthews has the HAS so having insurance might interest the owner. I'd offer it

I have roddy, colston, maclin, bowe neenaa and royal.

Who would be tradable for him?

my RBs are bradshaw Sjax Caddy and maroney.

I just traded FOR MJD in one of my 12 team dynasty leagues.

He gave:

MJD

Reggie Wayne

I gave

Moreno

Brandon Marshall

2011 first rd pick which should be 1.9 thru 1.12

The kicker is if i didnt do that trade before sundays games I would have had marshall and Hillis in my lineup. Instead i put in MJD and Wayne so I lost by 11 points.

I think thats a fair offer. Wallace's value will jump with Big Ben coming back and LT is more than likely to break down if the carries pile up so Greene could be decent in the second half. And Matthews has the HAS so having insurance might interest the owner. I'd offer it
You can offer it, but I'd reject it in a nanosecond.

Just dealt Bradshaw and Harvin for him in a 12 team ppr redraft.

I am loaded at WR and harvin would have never started. I like bradshaw, but would rather roll the dice on MJD getting it soon, can get by with Best and J.Charles till he does.

Dynasty league trade

I dealt Brees, Moreno, 2011 1st rounder(I'm 3-0 and a league favorite) and a 2011 2nd rounder

for

Schaub and MJD

I feel pretty good about it.

I put him on the market in a 14x20 dynasty ... was hoping to get offered a Stewart type but I'm getting Maclin or Crabtree and a #1 type offers. Nothing to see here. MJD is only 25 ... wait for a big game and revisit or just hold the season.

Tried to trade MJD + Chris Cooley + Josh Morgan for Andre Johnson + Antonio Gates. AJ owner declined.

To give you an idea of what MJD's value is. AJ owner had Lesean McCoy and Felix Jones as his RB and NOTHING else but he has AJ, Derrick Mason, Santana Moss, Chris Chambers, and Devery Henderson. The league has 15 teams so RB's are slim to nothing at the moment. He chose having Felix freaken Jones as his RB2 over my trade.

12 team keeper league 6pts qb tds.

traded runDMC, nicks and Orton for Jennings and MJD. owner needed a qb desperately.

i am rolling the dice on this one though. if runDMC panned out he would have been a great keeper(could be kept for a 7th rnd pick the others couldnt be kept for much value). we will see.

I would be very reluctant to give up too much for MJD now. With Garrard playing the way he is, I think it is very easy for opposing defenses

to key on stopping MJD. Even though they just signed Trent Edwards, it will take him some time to learn their system, and even when he does

there is no guarantee he will do any better than Garrard.

When opposing defenses can play 8 men in the box, it really takes away a running backs ability to break off a long run. It also means he is going

to take more of a pounding when he gets tackled. I could see MJD having a very punishing season, with a reasonable amount of rushing yards but

not many TD's, if he manages to avoid getting injured.

I was offered Brees and Colston for MJD and M. Ryan in one league. I'm probably going to turn this down however as I am pretty set at WR with R. White, G. Jennings, H. Nicks, and S. Holmes, and the trade leaves me with almost nothing at RB (Addai, M. Barber, and M. Bush). I was thinking about countering with MJD and M. Ryan for Brees and S. Greene, but I still wouldn't really like my RB situation much with that trade...

I guess I'm of the mind that what we're seeing now is the floor for MJD's performance and he can only go up from here (barring injury) and for that reason, I'm loathe to pull the trigger just now on trades. Still the above permutations are tempting.

I have McFadden 12 team ppr redraft, I declined trade for MJD straight up. I don't want anything to do with him right now. Maybe it's stupid, but I'll take my chances and roll with DMC.

Sent out a longshot feeler to the MJD owner that goes something like this:

I get MJD, Edelmen, and Heap (or Shiancoe)

He gets Finley, Sproles, and Naanee

He has both of the other SD rb, not that Sproles has much value....but this upgrades him at TE and WR. I could bump Naanee up to DBryant, DemThomas or MWilliamsTB.

Offered the MJD owner in my standard scoring league:

MJD and Louis Murphy

for Dustin Keller and Ladanian Tomlinson

He's weak at TE and I have Zach Miller there so the trade makes sense IMO. I want to deal LT2 now because I think Greene takes back over by year's end. Will see what happens.

I was offered Brees and Colston for MJD and M. Ryan in one league. I'm probably going to turn this down however as I am pretty set at WR with R. White, G. Jennings, H. Nicks, and S. Holmes, and the trade leaves me with almost nothing at RB (Addai, M. Barber, and M. Bush). I was thinking about countering with MJD and M. Ryan for Brees and S. Greene, but I still wouldn't really like my RB situation much with that trade...I guess I'm of the mind that what we're seeing now is the floor for MJD's performance and he can only go up from here (barring injury) and for that reason, I'm loathe to pull the trigger just now on trades. Still the above permutations are tempting.
IMO you should strongly consider your counter. Brees is a big step up from Ryan and I think Greene turns it around by year's end.

Offered the MJD owner in my standard scoring league:MJD and Louis Murphyfor Dustin Keller and Ladanian TomlinsonHe's weak at TE and I have Zach Miller there so the trade makes sense IMO. I want to deal LT2 now because I think Greene takes back over by year's end. Will see what happens.
Is this a joke?

I'm weak at WR (Calvin Johnson is killing me) and I have an offer on the table to give up MJD in return for Ryan Mathews + Wes Welker. It sounds like Mathews is healthy again, but I'm having a really hard time pulling the trigger. I"m trying to get him to throw in Santonio Holmes if I add NY Steve Smith or Manningham.

Thoughts?

I sniffed around MJD but the owner told me it'd take McFadden plus Fitzgerald and he'd give me MJD/Demaryius. I'm not sure I'd do McFadden for MJD straight up, let alone the other pieces.

Seeing all these ridicoulous offers for MJD, its clear that the best srategy for MJD owners is to Hold for the time being
:goodposting: Some people are bailing way too easily. While he may not living up to his Top3 billing so far, if drafts were held today, he'd still be a 1st round pick.

With the Trent edwards signing, I'm going to hold onto MJD for now. Edwards is bad but Garrard is beyond terrible.

Seeing all these ridicoulous offers for MJD, its clear that the best srategy for MJD owners is to Hold for the time being
:unsure: Some people are bailing way too easily. While he may not living up to his Top3 billing so far, if drafts were held today, he'd still be a 1st round pick.
I agree with this completly. Lat year I was able to trade for MJD after week 2 when he had similar numbers and he went on to be the #2 scoring rb in my ppr league last year. I drafted him this year and while his numbers are down I believe he will be fine going forward. Garrard was his qb last year too.If I was to move MJD it would have to be a very good offer for me to even consider.

I sniffed around MJD but the owner told me it'd take McFadden plus Fitzgerald and he'd give me MJD/Demaryius. I'm not sure I'd do McFadden for MJD straight up, let alone the other pieces.
Who'd have thunk that 3 weeks ago?
No kidding. And just think, nobody would touch him even two weeks ago. One week ago people still didn't want him for anything more than a ww caliber player. Now he's getting some love.To an earlier poster - I'm not convinced MJD would be a first round draft pick if we did a draft today. I know I sure as heck wouldn't take him that high.

Offered the MJD owner in my standard scoring league:MJD and Louis Murphyfor Dustin Keller and Ladanian TomlinsonHe's weak at TE and I have Zach Miller there so the trade makes sense IMO. I want to deal LT2 now because I think Greene takes back over by year's end. Will see what happens.
Is this a joke?
every league has an owner like this guy..Clueless, but trying hard. I think I should create the SBFFL (short bus fantasy football league). If the Double stuff oreo league can take off, i know this can.

Users who are viewing this thread