What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone weary of an LT2 dropoff?..... (2 Viewers)

I am an NCSU grad and I have seen Rivers play. There are no doubts in my head that he will become a Pro Bowl QB. I don't think we will see any drop in the Chargers offense at all. He IS that good.

LT has gotten an enormous amout of touches eventually even the most dedicated and prepared athletes will slow down and not be able to recover from the poundage. The question is does LT drop off the face of the earth like Eddie George or doesn't he go slowly like Curtis Martin. Either way, he still has 3 or 4 seasons of 400 touches before he gets into a workload danger point.

Worry about LT?  Maybe you're right, but then you should probably worry about EVERY fantasy player.  And also never fly on airplanes because they might crash.
hate planes, and not really worried about anyone, but just want opinions in case I get that #1 draft position next year, and have to make the tough call between LT2, LJ, and Alexander. You can never have enough information or hear enough opinions. I take that back...some opinions are downright worthless.
I don't really like planes either, actually. Maybe that's a bad analogy. Anyway, my top three are below:1. Shaun Alexander - minimal offensive changes. Only thought is that it's no longer a contract year. I still take him #1 though.

2. LaDanian Tomlinson - he's just awesome. Some people will fear injury, but I'm not as worried about that. Every RB gets injured from time to time. LT plays through it. QB change could wind up being for the better. Rivers should be fine in that offense.

3. Larry Johnson - looked good, but coaching changes, aging o-line, possible return of Holmes, and lack of enough history, makes me rank the other two ahead of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worry about LT?  Maybe you're right, but then you should probably worry about EVERY fantasy player.  And also never fly on airplanes because they might crash.
hate planes, and not really worried about anyone, but just want opinions in case I get that #1 draft position next year, and have to make the tough call between LT2, LJ, and Alexander. You can never have enough information or hear enough opinions. I take that back...some opinions are downright worthless.
I don't really like planes either, actually. Maybe that's a bad analogy. Anyway, my top three are below:1. Shaun Alexander - minimal offensive changes. Only thought is that it's no longer a contract year. I still take him #1 though.

2. LaDanian Tomlinson - he's just awesome. Some people will fear injury, but I'm not as worried about that. Every RB gets injured from time to time. LT plays through it. QB change could wind up being for the better. Rivers should be fine in that offense.

3. Larry Johnson - looked good, but coaching changes, aging o-line, possible return of Holmes, and lack of enough history, makes me rank the other two ahead of him.
I strong arguement can be made for all 3. I cant remember a time when 3 RBs were looking so strong and stood out so far ahead of the rest. You can only hope coming into next season in redrafts that you just get a top 3 pick. Pick #4 and down is just gonna be an uphill battle. And by the way, you trade away Chad Johnson and I'll call him personally and have him call you out on national TV. :yes:

Good stuff. I appreciate the advice. Sitting tight seems like the right thing to do given my team. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread