What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Archer (1 Viewer)

I don't know why I don't watch this. I always love the promos and "clips" they show when I'm watching other FX shows.

I know I would like this show but not sure why I don't watch it :goodposting:

I don't know why I don't watch this. I always love the promos and "clips" they show when I'm watching other FX shows.I know I would like this show but not sure why I don't watch it :goodposting:
Just do it!Archer's a great show, but you can't half-watch it. No laptop open, no phone out, the jokes come so fast that you have to be paying full attention.

I don't know why I don't watch this. I always love the promos and "clips" they show when I'm watching other FX shows.I know I would like this show but not sure why I don't watch it :goodposting:
Perhaps if I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok - bought season one on demand for 7 bucks, Fx on demand didn't seem to have all the episodes plus now I can watch on my phone.

Anywhoo starting up the 3rd episode - JFC how did I let this go by.

:boxing: :shrug:

ok - bought season one on demand for 7 bucks, Fx on demand didn't seem to have all the episodes plus now I can watch on my phone.Anywhoo starting up the 3rd episode - JFC how did I let this go by. :popcorn: :coffee:
:helloexactly:
Duh! and/or Hello!
CAUGHT UP ALL OF SEASON 1!!!! :lmao: :lmao:Is it wrong to get kind of turned on watching this :goodposting:
No, If I was a cartoon I would do things to Lana.Although her huge hands would make my wang look smaller

Holy Crap! :shock: They are really pushing the edges with the 16 year old throwing herself at Archer
It's the age of consent in Europe's version of Alabama (Germany).P.S. Was I having an acid flashback, or did I see a commercial for a show staring Elijah Wood in which he's some suicidal loon that sees a dog as a man in a dog suit, while everyone else just sees a normal dog? :unsure:

Why do we have so many dolls?

In case of sexual harassment, the employees can non-verbally show where they were touched.

That takes like one doll.

Not if there's a gang rape.

:)

Holy Crap! :thumbup: They are really pushing the edges with the 16 year old throwing herself at Archer
It's the age of consent in Europe's version of Alabama (Germany).P.S. Was I having an acid flashback, or did I see a commercial for a show staring Elijah Wood in which he's some suicidal loon that sees a dog as a man in a dog suit, while everyone else just sees a normal dog? :yes:
You may have been, but that was most definitely a commercial.I'd watch.Oh, and :lmao: "Does this look as bad as it looks?"

"Barry, is that how you get ants? Yes it is other Barry. Yes. It. Is."

I don't know why, but :goodposting: :lmao: :lmao:

Holy feces...did anyone see last night's episode?

Maggie Wheeler (Janice from Friends) was the voice of Trinette who is a hooker who claimed and her baby was Archer's

The baby shower scene had some laugh out loud moments

I don't know why I don't watch this. I always love the promos and "clips" they show when I'm watching other FX shows.I know I would like this show but not sure why I don't watch it :(
Just do it!Archer's a great show, but you can't half-watch it. No laptop open, no phone out, the jokes come so fast that you have to be paying full attention.
:blackdot: I just wish it wasn't a cartoon.

Comcast on demand can be a pain. One week a show will be on, next week gone. Archer is no longer on demand :pickle:

And Hulu only has episodes from last year

Tonight's episode was a big dump in that toilet Pam was carrying.I did not laugh once
I thought the bit about not telling Pam there was a woman's bathroom was hilarious, and the opening scene on the plane was great. But I thought the swamp scenes dragged a little.I do love how they repeat certain phrases throughout an episode ("Also, yes."), and I enjoyed the bit of origin story with Lana.

The last two weeks have been right back up to their usual high standards, IMO.

Looking forward to the rewatch of last night's episode. I'm starting to think you have to watch them at least twice to even get close to catching most of the jokes.

The last two weeks have been right back up to their usual high standards, IMO. Looking forward to the rewatch of last night's episode. I'm starting to think you have to watch them at least twice to even get close to catching most of the jokes.
You pretty much have to. I watch it about 3 times on the dvr just to make sure I saw everything. :confused:

The last two weeks have been right back up to their usual high standards, IMO. Looking forward to the rewatch of last night's episode. I'm starting to think you have to watch them at least twice to even get close to catching most of the jokes.
And you need a computer nearby to look up all the references. I didn't know who Elisha Otis was.

STERLING: "Man! Driving this boat must be what it's like to have sex with me!"

LANA: "This boat isn't selfish and unsatisfying."

For those of us who have cut cable, episodes 2.1-2.3 are on Hulu now. 2.1 expires tomorrow though.

Just saw "Placebo" and thought it was terrible. I was baked, which usually helps, but outside of a few laughs it was rough. Some decent kill shots, but hopefully they move on from the cancer thing. Nothing says funny like cancer. Jeezus.

Another thing that really bugged me was the mention of "Zima" and "Hannity". I used to think it was cool that the time period was kind of ambiguous. The boxy computers, older looking cell phones, and I though they made references to the Soviets. It made me think it was set in the mid to late 80's. They seemed to do a good job keeping references obscure and not time specific. Mentioning Zima and Sean Hannity really blew that for me. Now I'm like, WTF do they have such crappy computers? Maybe too much thinkin for a cartoon, but that bugged me for some reason.

'ericttspikes said:
Just saw "Placebo" and thought it was terrible. I was baked, which usually helps, but outside of a few laughs it was rough. Some decent kill shots, but hopefully they move on from the cancer thing. Nothing says funny like cancer. Jeezus.Another thing that really bugged me was the mention of "Zima" and "Hannity". I used to think it was cool that the time period was kind of ambiguous. The boxy computers, older looking cell phones, and I though they made references to the Soviets. It made me think it was set in the mid to late 80's. They seemed to do a good job keeping references obscure and not time specific. Mentioning Zima and Sean Hannity really blew that for me. Now I'm like, WTF do they have such crappy computers? Maybe too much thinkin for a cartoon, but that bugged me for some reason.
Definitely not as funny as most of the episodes this season. I'm sure it sounded funnier in their heads when they said "Archer has breast cancer." But I think thye've run out of things they can do with it. Time to move on.

'ericttspikes said:
Just saw "Placebo" and thought it was terrible. I was baked, which usually helps, but outside of a few laughs it was rough. Some decent kill shots, but hopefully they move on from the cancer thing. Nothing says funny like cancer. Jeezus.Another thing that really bugged me was the mention of "Zima" and "Hannity". I used to think it was cool that the time period was kind of ambiguous. The boxy computers, older looking cell phones, and I though they made references to the Soviets. It made me think it was set in the mid to late 80's. They seemed to do a good job keeping references obscure and not time specific. Mentioning Zima and Sean Hannity really blew that for me. Now I'm like, WTF do they have such crappy computers? Maybe too much thinkin for a cartoon, but that bugged me for some reason.
Definitely not as funny as most of the episodes this season. I'm sure it sounded funnier in their heads when they said "Archer has breast cancer." But I think thye've run out of things they can do with it. Time to move on.
Based on the last scene they are done with it. I thought last weeks episode was absolutely hilarious, but I'm so in love with this show it's ridiculous. Usually watch each episode three times.

'ericttspikes said:
They're a crappy spy agency/company that has no money. So of course the only secure computers they can afford are from the 1970s. They've talked about texting, Twitter and all sorts of stuff that made it obvious that they're set in modern day.Part of the running joke for the entire show is that they're terrible at what they do and have no money. So most of their stuff is outdated and shabby. Of course, they still have awesome weapons and actual spy equipment.

Adam Reed said in an interview on the AV Club that they're just lazy about the era. Note that Woodhouse is a WW1 vet, which would make him 110-ish.

'ericttspikes said:
They're a crappy spy agency/company that has no money. So of course the only secure computers they can afford are from the 1970s. They've talked about texting, Twitter and all sorts of stuff that made it obvious that they're set in modern day.Part of the running joke for the entire show is that they're terrible at what they do and have no money. So most of their stuff is outdated and shabby. Of course, they still have awesome weapons and actual spy equipment.
Correction, they are completely unprofessional at what they do but they usually are pretty damn good at their jobs. Archer is world renown as the best spy out there. He's just an incredible jack-### and half drunk all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread