What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Archer (1 Viewer)

'ericttspikes said:
Just saw "Placebo" and thought it was terrible. I was baked, which usually helps, but outside of a few laughs it was rough. Some decent kill shots, but hopefully they move on from the cancer thing. Nothing says funny like cancer. Jeezus.Another thing that really bugged me was the mention of "Zima" and "Hannity". I used to think it was cool that the time period was kind of ambiguous. The boxy computers, older looking cell phones, and I though they made references to the Soviets. It made me think it was set in the mid to late 80's. They seemed to do a good job keeping references obscure and not time specific. Mentioning Zima and Sean Hannity really blew that for me. Now I'm like, WTF do they have such crappy computers? Maybe too much thinkin for a cartoon, but that bugged me for some reason.
They're a crappy spy agency/company that has no money. So of course the only secure computers they can afford are from the 1970s. They've talked about texting, Twitter and all sorts of stuff that made it obvious that they're set in modern dayPart of the running joke for the entire show is that they're terrible at what they do and have no money. So most of their stuff is outdated and shabby. Of course, they still have awesome weapons and actual spy equipment.
Correction, they are completely unprofessional at what they do but they usually are pretty damn good at their jobs. Archer is world renown as the best spy out there. He's just an incredible jack-### and half drunk all the time.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. In this season alone, off the top of my head, they've been infected by a computer virus and just about exposed all their secret agents, got stranded in the swamps, allowed a sleeper agent to assassinate the target they were supposed to protect, and Archer killed a completely innocent WWI vet.

'ericttspikes said:
Just saw "Placebo" and thought it was terrible. I was baked, which usually helps, but outside of a few laughs it was rough. Some decent kill shots, but hopefully they move on from the cancer thing. Nothing says funny like cancer. Jeezus.Another thing that really bugged me was the mention of "Zima" and "Hannity". I used to think it was cool that the time period was kind of ambiguous. The boxy computers, older looking cell phones, and I though they made references to the Soviets. It made me think it was set in the mid to late 80's. They seemed to do a good job keeping references obscure and not time specific. Mentioning Zima and Sean Hannity really blew that for me. Now I'm like, WTF do they have such crappy computers? Maybe too much thinkin for a cartoon, but that bugged me for some reason.
They're a crappy spy agency/company that has no money. So of course the only secure computers they can afford are from the 1970s. They've talked about texting, Twitter and all sorts of stuff that made it obvious that they're set in modern dayPart of the running joke for the entire show is that they're terrible at what they do and have no money. So most of their stuff is outdated and shabby. Of course, they still have awesome weapons and actual spy equipment.
Correction, they are completely unprofessional at what they do but they usually are pretty damn good at their jobs. Archer is world renown as the best spy out there. He's just an incredible jack-### and half drunk all the time.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. In this season alone, off the top of my head, they've been infected by a computer virus and just about exposed all their secret agents, got stranded in the swamps, allowed a sleeper agent to assassinate the target they were supposed to protect, and Archer killed a completely innocent WWI vet.
But if you recall, he also protected the underage countess from hoards of assassins, infiltrated an ISIS controlled bank vault while completely drunk and saved Cyril's ### from the hacker and his female bodyguards. Its like the idiot savant of the spy business. They are completely unprofessional and at times incompetent but they all are perfectly capable of doing their jobs well. Except Carol or Cyrstal or claire... er whatever.

Watched the first four episodes last night and this show is brilliant. I can't remember the last time a TV show was this funny.

Definitely not as funny as most of the episodes this season. I'm sure it sounded funnier in their heads when they said "Archer has breast cancer." But I think thye've run out of things they can do with it. Time to move on.
:shrug: I thought "Placebo" was one of the funnier episodes.Archer: Show me '####-flavored spit'!Archer: All my hair fell out.Lana: I'm sorry.Archer: Me too. It was my fifth best feature.Archer: As you can see I have wine coolers on my feet because my toe nails are popping off like pogs.

'Ignoramus said:
Definitely not as funny as most of the episodes this season. I'm sure it sounded funnier in their heads when they said "Archer has breast cancer." But I think thye've run out of things they can do with it. Time to move on.
:shrug: I thought "Placebo" was one of the funnier episodes.Archer: Show me '####-flavored spit'!Archer: All my hair fell out.Lana: I'm sorry.Archer: Me too. It was my fifth best feature.Archer: As you can see I have wine coolers on my feet because my toe nails are popping off like pogs.
Meh. The whole overtone of the episode was still depressing. Last night's though with Pam being some kind of super street fighter was hillarious. Archer with the Ocelot was side splitting. I was rolling the whole episode.

'Ignoramus said:
Meh. The whole overtone of the episode was still depressing. Last night's though with Pam being some kind of super street fighter was hillarious. Archer with the Ocelot was side splitting. I was rolling the whole episode.
Tum again?

Last night's episode was one of the best in recent memory. The ocelet and Cyril doing the phone secks with the voice modulator :lmao:

'Ignoramus said:
Tum again?
Still nothing.

Last night's episode was one of the best in recent memory. The ocelet and Cyril doing the phone secks with the voice modulator :lmao:
Yes! Malory's response to Cyril's modulated voice had me almost busting at the seams. Last night's episode is why the show is so damn good.

'Ignoramus said:
Tum again?
Still nothing.
:goodposting:

Last night's show was mediocre at best. Easily the worst of the season. I hardly noticed any hilarious witicisms. Next week's looks a little more promising.

Ha! Just saw the episode. Barry getting his leg cut off is classic. A lot of good one liners in this one too. Not a great episode but still very funny.

Users who are viewing this thread