What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are Joe Burrow and the Bengals here to stay as a contender? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, this is a realm he has not entered.

It will be fascinating to watch. Brown has already cost himself money by waiting.

I'm just working on the theory that the last QB to sign will have the larger contract since they keep getting bigger and bigger.
The reason that the last QB to sign will have the larger contract is because the best QB waits until last to sign.

I would wager that Brown had very little say in waiting, Burrow and his camp almost certainly wanted to see what the others got first.
Oh, of course. And Brown may have tried to get him signed earlier than we think.

I guess this will be the test of Burrow and how he wants to structure this deal to help the team keep the core. I'm guessing his representation is looking at Mahomes contract closely. But at some point that contract gets up into the percentage of the cap test that starts to restrict the entire roster.

Mahomes took up 17% of the cap last year, making it the largest percentage of a Super Bowl winning QB in history.

I hope the Bengals get it done with him. Love this rivalry and want to see it continue.
But then why has he "already cost himself money by waiting" if it wasn't really his choice? I guess I just don't get why he's getting any blame here (yet) considering nothing has occurred that's even remotely out of the ordinary. He seems like a clown and may end up screwing things up but he hasn't even had the opportunity to do so yet. :lol:

Agreed, it's a delicate balance between "getting yours" and leaving enough to put a good team around you. He has already said that he wants to keep his teammates who are close/due extensions a focal point, so it will be interesting to see the final outcome.
Yeah, that is is where I'm at. Nothing that has (or hasn't) happened yet tells me anything good or bad. A little trigger happy.

Users who are viewing this thread