What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (7 Viewers)

Everything. My favorite retailer, from the stuff they carry to their approach to business to how they treat their employees.

Good source of cheap hot lunch on the go, too. The $1.50 hot dog and soda has been mentioned. Good double-wide pizza slices for $1.99 at my local one, too.
:goodposting: I'd rather spend an extra few bucks there then ever step foot in a Walmart. We do just about all of our shopping at Aldi, Giant Eagle, and here.
An Aldi just opened by me but I haven't been in. It seems small for a grocery store. Do they have a pretty good selection?
They are the best. You will save 40-50% off your bill. Great produce selection. Love aldi

Water

Gatorade

Toilet Paper

Paper Towel

ALL

Meat (They have great meat. Steaks, Burgers, Chicken Breasts, Pork Tenderloins)

Ketchup

Syrup

Pop

Bananas

Cereal

Advil

Kids medicine

Shampoo / Conditioner

**Gas - This is worth membership alone!**

Water

Gatorade

Toilet Paper

Paper Towel

ALL

Ketchup

Syrup

Pop

Bananas

Cereal

Advil

Kids medicine

Shampoo / Conditioner

For gas my Costco is on the wrong side of the county line. The gas on the good side is about the same as the gas from Costco because of the tax difference.

Among many other things, starting picking up this andouille sausage they have. Good god, that stuff is good. Quick minute in the microwave and ready to go. Throw it on a bed of jasmine (also from costco of course) or put some Victorias sauce on it.

I typically make my own salsa when I have guests, but they currently have a really nice one that looks like like legit salsa and not the tomatoe saucy looking crap you usually see. Nice chunks of tomatoes, onions, peppers and cilantro. Stuff is really good.

The parmesan, artichoke, spinach dip they have is also unreal.

And let's not forget the pre seasoned ribs. 2 hours in the oven and just falling off the bone delicious.

Crasins - the big giant bag - toss them in salads and in Oatmeal or with Cheerios

Lobster Tails at Christmas - awesome price

Box of Kirkland Trail mix packets - throw in bag for plane trips

batteries

wheat tortillas

Asian Salad dressing

Jalapeno spinach Artichoke Dip - it's firiggen crack laced I'm sure

Elk Jalapeno Sausage

Romaine hearts

Berries in season

Just canceled my membership. Wasn't utilizing as much as in the past. Kept the card for 1.50 hot dog runs.

Or tell the card checker you are using the pharmacy, as you don't need a membership card to but prescriptions.

I typically make my own salsa when I have guests, but they currently have a really nice one that looks like like legit salsa and not the tomatoe saucy looking crap you usually see. Nice chunks of tomatoes, onions, peppers and cilantro. Stuff is really good.
Wondering if you might be talking about Mateo's salsa? They seem to carry it for a few short stretches the past couple years. BY FAR my favorite store purchased salsa I've ever had. Love that stuff.

We pretty much get everything from Costco. Their organic eggs (18 or 24 count, can't recall) are delicious. Solid produce, great meat selection, frozen berries, chips, nuts, love the teriyaki jerky if you can crush the bag before refrigeration is recommended, dark chocolate blueberries (freeze these...yum), beer/liquor, and just about everything else.

Oh, and their return policy is worth the membership alone. Neighbor had a 5 year old grill where the grates rusted through and he trucked the thing back to Costco. I thought he was nuts. End result? Full refund and used the cash to buy a Traegger (sp) from there.

SayWhat? said:
NutterButter said:
Wondering if you might be talking about Mateo's salsa? They seem to carry it for a few short stretches the past couple years. BY FAR my favorite store purchased salsa I've ever had. Love that stuff.

We pretty much get everything from Costco. Their organic eggs (18 or 24 count, can't recall) are delicious. Solid produce, great meat selection, frozen berries, chips, nuts, love the teriyaki jerky if you can crush the bag before refrigeration is recommended, dark chocolate blueberries (freeze these...yum), beer/liquor, and just about everything else.

Oh, and their return policy is worth the membership alone. Neighbor had a 5 year old grill where the grates rusted through and he trucked the thing back to Costco. I thought he was nuts. End result? Full refund and used the cash to buy a Traegger (sp) from there.
I'll report back tonight b/c I'm making my weekly run and the father's day guests crushed the one I bought last week. Looking at mateo's online, I don't think that was it.

Swing 51 said:
Propel

Generic allergy pills
The Kirkland version of Claritan D is amazingly priced at 5.79 for a 15 pack on the 24 hour pills. Go to a CVS and try to find the real stuff for under $20 a pack.

Also a huge +1 for Costco travel. Booked rental car using it and saved a bunch even after trying a bunch of fatwallet tricks and discount codes on the various sites. Also got a good deal on a cruise from them as well.

Payne said:
Water

Gatorade

Toilet Paper

Paper Towel

ALL

Ketchup

Syrup

Pop

Bananas

Cereal

Advil

Kids medicine

Shampoo / Conditioner

Do not need to be a member to get gas, at least not in NJ. Not sure about other states, but as long as you can pay debit or amex, you are good.

Swing 51 said:
Propel

Generic allergy pills
The Kirkland version of Claritan D is amazingly priced at 5.79 for a 15 pack on the 24 hour pills. Go to a CVS and try to find the real stuff for under $20 a pack.

Also a huge +1 for Costco travel. Booked rental car using it and saved a bunch even after trying a bunch of fatwallet tricks and discount codes on the various sites. Also got a good deal on a cruise from them as well.
I didn't know about what a good deal Costco was for rental cars, but the nice lady at the Alamo Rent-a-Car in Tampa hooked us up with the Costco deal even though we booked through Expedia. I will not be booking a rental car any other way again.

I've never tested it but "my" Costco makes me swipe my membership card at the pump.

The local Costco has been rolling out a big seafood desk of late. Lobster tails, scallop, shrimp, crab claws, king crab, Haddock.... It all looks great and fresh although the shrimp are clearly marked frozen from Vietnam.

Another vote for the whole chicken.

Vitamins are a great deal. I take CoQ10 and I can't find it any where else for as cheap even when CBS is running 2-1. Same for fish oil.

The meat section is fantastic. End of story.

I can't see buying apparel there, but t-shirts socks and underwear are a can do.

My #1 items to buy at Costco....? Papers... Kleenex, toilet paper and paper towels. I probably get my monies worth just on this stuff.

The muffins are great.... Like really great.... But it's a guaranteed 2 lb weight gain.

I can't see buying apparel there, but t-shirts socks and underwear are a can do.
Very good for kid's clothes and jackets. Both are high quality and good prices.

Shirts and pants are good but not any better than what you can get at department stores. If you hate clothes shopping you can get through there pretty fast if you are looking for things for yourself. It is easier to see what they have since it is on a platform vs. flipping through a circular rack.

Yeah, their seafood roadshow is killer.

Last Christmas I bought two pounds of Tiger prawns.

Follow this easy recipe and people will bow at your feet.

Igredients:

2 lbs of Tiger prawns (deveined (sp?))

Half stick of butter

1 Table spoon of minced garlic

Mezzetta brand green capers

Over medium-high heat, add butter to frying pan.

Add minced garlic.

Once the butter is completely melted, add prawns.

Add capers.

Cook until the shell of the prawn begins to turn red in color. Do not overcook. Once they turn red, get them outta there or you will ruin it!

Dump contents into a large bowl and pour melted butter, garlic and capers over the prawns.

Money!

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Payne said:
Water

Gatorade

Toilet Paper

Paper Towel

ALL

Ketchup

Syrup

Pop

Bananas

Cereal

Advil

Kids medicine

Shampoo / Conditioner

Do not need to be a member to get gas, at least not in NJ. Not sure about other states, but as long as you can pay debit or amex, you are good.
nj law. You can not have a station that requires membership. Many people don't realize that.

NutterButter said:
Yep, I usually make my own but when hosting that stuff is a crowd pleaser.

NutterButter said:
Yep, I usually make my own but when hosting that stuff is a crowd pleaser.
If they continue to carry it, the days of making my own are over. Just like when i discovered Victorias sauce there and have stopped making my own.

Other things:

Dress shirts/pants are surprisingly good quality

Coconut Oil is much cheaper than other places, as is almond butter

Meats in general are very good, veggies not so much

Also, Costco Travel is little known gem. Great prices on rental cars and vacation packages with really dependable customer service.
Booked a Mexico trip with them years ago. Just last week got a great price on a 15 day car rental.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone bought their Kirkland beds? Can't help think how nice it would be to have the Costco return policy on a mattress.

I'll report back tonight b/c I'm making my weekly run and the father's day guests crushed the one I bought last week. Looking at mateo's online, I don't think that was it.
Finally picked some up 2 days ago. And its gone already. This is how I like my salsa. And its organic for all you hippies.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c9dxHQF15ufRncHxvejlpOXavt87CDYuRw/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C_Ln2daNgENo7mvoc-6E2BCXcrwRh0uG_w/view?usp=sharing

Everything. My favorite retailer, from the stuff they carry to their approach to business to how they treat their employees.

Good source of cheap hot lunch on the go, too. The $1.50 hot dog and soda has been mentioned. Good double-wide pizza slices for $1.99 at my local one, too.
:goodposting:

I'd rather spend an extra few bucks there then ever step foot in a Walmart. We do just about all of our shopping at Aldi, Giant Eagle, and here.
aldi is my #1 go-to :thumbup:

Anyone bought their Kirkland beds? Can't help think how nice it would be to have the Costco return policy on a mattress.
I bought a king size bed w/ frame from there online and the mattress was delivered wrapped in a box. Cut the bag and it shot into bed form instantly. It was kind of cutting the string on a Christmas tree I was trying to brace for impact. I haven't had a issue with it and its been 7 years. I have thought about taking it back and using the warranty but I don't really feel like lugging a king size mattress around town. Maybe one day if it starts to dip.

this is one reason why I would consider buying long term items from Costco - grills/furniture/tools. no stress return policy

Tried the crusted tilapia from the freezer section and put them on fish tacos on a lark. They loved them.

I bought a king size bed w/ frame from there online and the mattress was delivered wrapped in a box. Cut the bag and it shot into bed form instantly. It was kind of cutting the string on a Christmas tree I was trying to brace for impact. I haven't had a issue with it and its been 7 years. I have thought about taking it back and using the warranty but I don't really feel like lugging a king size mattress around town. Maybe one day if it starts to dip.

this is one reason why I would consider buying long term items from Costco - grills/furniture/tools. no stress return policy
Was it a foam or spring mattress?

Users who are viewing this thread