What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you an alcoholic? (1 Viewer)

are you an alcoholic?

• yes

Votes: 56 28.3%
  • no

Votes: 142 71.7%

• Total voters
I feel so terrible after a night of heavy drinking I could never be an alcoholic. I'll literally be hung over for 3-4 days.

I thought I was the worst on the board. Only drink twice a week at most, mostly tue and friday and it takes me at least a day to recover. I can drink for 24 hours plus straight, all beer at home, since 36 hour bender in jan 2014. Right after my dad died had 18 pack and most of a captain bottle. Went to bed fine, had to pee and collapsed in bedroom, got up and fell again, wife said my eyes rolled back and was out. Took the meat wagon to the hospital because of it, was dehydrated. Felt great after two iv's lol. It was really a low point and embarrassing. Never drink less than 18 after I have 2 or 3. 90% chance if I am posting after 6pm here, I am drinking. Just the truth here.

I thought I was the worst on the board. Only drink twice a week at most, mostly tue and friday and it takes me at least a day to recover. I can drink for 24 hours plus straight, all beer at home, since 36 hour bender in jan 2014. Right after my dad died had 18 pack and most of a captain bottle. Went to bed fine, had to pee and collapsed in bedroom, got up and fell again, wife said my eyes rolled back and was out. Took the meat wagon to the hospital because of it, was dehydrated. Felt great after two iv's lol. It was really a low point and embarrassing. Never drink less than 18 after I have 2 or 3. 90% chance if I am posting after 6pm here, I am drinking. Just the truth here.
Really?

How big are you - height, weight. Do you have a beer belly?

Chemical X golfed with me less than 6 months ago

Also, wife is a good ff player and reads threads here. All true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also true alcoholics will drink #### like mouthwash and vanilla extract to catch a buzz if they can't get real booze or pretended to quit

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ah I'd I can make it there I'll make it.....lol.llanywhere it's up to you , new, yoooork....new yooooooooork!!! Happy new year all you crazy mother####ers!!!!

I can go week or two without drinking pretty easily... Don't usually drink unless out. So not in the "have to drink" sense.

I do binge hard when out or at events.. Often killing 5-10-15 drinks.. So probably in that sense.

I don't miss work or have serious other impacts on my life as a result of drinking (aside from wasting money) so maybe not in that sense.
This guy knows how to party. No doubt about that

I can go week or two without drinking pretty easily... Don't usually drink unless out. So not in the "have to drink" sense.

I do binge hard when out or at events.. Often killing 5-10-15 drinks.. So probably in that sense.

I don't miss work or have serious other impacts on my life as a result of drinking (aside from wasting money) so maybe not in that sense.
Do you remember us?

Do you remember us?
Icon, cg, fdas, keys, chet left....

Do you remember us?
Icon, cg, fdas, keys, chet left....
Could never forget. What a crew

I developed an allergy to alcohol at 22 years old. I experimented with various drinks for a little while to determine it was alcohol and not hops or something, then had a couple of glasses of wine in France to be polite. After that, it's been 19 years with only one beer in there (beer hall in Hamburg - had to).

The allergy isn't bad - I get red and puffy all over my face after a couple of sips, and feel really hot. I just don't want to mess with it, though.

Again it is about setting limits and sticking to them. We had a party last night and going in I thought I would drink between 12-15 beers and a few shots over the course evening. I only had 12 beers and no shots. Self control gents....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man I was just sitting here surfing and saw this thread again. I'm leaving right now to pick up some beer and bourbon.

I developed an allergy to alcohol at 22 years old. I experimented with various drinks for a little while to determine it was alcohol and not hops or something, then had a couple of glasses of wine in France to be polite. After that, it's been 19 years with only one beer in there (beer hall in Hamburg - had to).

The allergy isn't bad - I get red and puffy all over my face after a couple of sips, and feel really hot. I just don't want to mess with it, though.
Red and puffy face? You'll look just like the rest of us.

This is a horrible way to have to live life.

Users who are viewing this thread