What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you an alcoholic? (1 Viewer)

are you an alcoholic?

• yes

Votes: 56 28.3%
  • no

Votes: 142 71.7%

• Total voters
I hate it when people say you don't need alcohol to have a good time. You don't need running shoes to run, but it ####### helps.

Only thing I've ever been addicted to is women, mostly the hot and trashy kind.

I like booze and drugs and gambling too, but I can go the rest of my life without them if necessary. 25-year-old cocktail waitresses with dirty mouths, can't help myself.

If something bad happens you drink to forget.

If something good happens you drink to celebrate.

If nothing happens you drink to make something happen.

My 3yo can't read yet but if he sees a beer billboard or delivery truck he says "That's daddy's beer!"

I'm going to say no

Yep. However I only drink Coors Light and nothing harder. But I tend to drink 3-6 of them a night. Some nights nothing, weekends more. Never had a DUi or lost a job or it doesn't affect my marriage other than my wife upset once in a while about the $.

I don't like being drunk so thus the choice of basically near beer but I am sure I qualify as an alcoholic under the definition

I had a few beers last month, and Tequila over the summer. I did polish off a whole bottle of Don Julio over the summer. I'm half Irish. Am I?

Only thing I've ever been addicted to is women, mostly the hot and trashy kind.

I like booze and drugs and gambling too, but I can go the rest of my life without them if necessary. 25-year-old cocktail waitresses with dirty mouths, can't help myself.
slutaholic

There are a lot of female hormones in beer. When I drink five bottles I also can't drive a car and start behaving illogically.

To me an alcoholic is someone who can't not drink

Like has to drink everyday...and a lot every day (case of beer, 5th whatever)

Goes to work and social occasions drunk (or doesn't go at all because of their drinking)

Probably. Whatevs.
This. I drink a lot more than people my age. I drink every night. I drink most days. Whatever.
That's fine, if it doesn't impact your way of life and the people around you I'm cool with it. Goes for weed and whatever else people do.

One of my best friends was a certified alcoholic, he died at 44 of liver failure leaving an 8-year-old son and teenage daughter behind. He didn't have to do this to himself and he was warned in his 30s he was in trouble, but he was sick. To me being a alcoholic is being sick, being an addict. If you're not an addict and you take care of ####, cool. If not, better check yo self before you wreck yo self...and a bunch of people who depend on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm borderline. Sometimes I'll go a week or two straight where I know I'm dependent on it. Then I'll feel guilty and go weeks without drinking.

I'm borderline. Sometimes I'll go a week or two straight where I know I'm dependent on it. Then I'll feel guilty and go weeks without drinking.
If you go a week without drinking, you're not an alcoholic by the medical definition. Alcoholics can't go 48 hours without a drink, poll is flawed. I think "problem drinker" is more appropriate, some data I've seen says 15% to 20% of Americans are "problem drinkers." Less than half those are what is considered "alcoholics."

If you go a week without drinking, you're not an alcoholic by the medical definition. Alcoholics can't go 48 hours without a drink, poll is flawed. I think "problem drinker" is more appropriate, some data I've seen says 15% to 20% of Americans are "problem drinkers." Less than half those are what is considered "alcoholics."
Ok good to know. I can definitely manage 48 hours pretty easily. I do hide booze from my wife so that she thinks that I drink less than I actually do. I assume that's a fairly common behavior. :oldunsure:

The term is way overused. Especially by actual alcoholics.

I drink a ton because I like it. But I don't have to

have a drink today. Or tomorrow. And it never interferes with something I have to do.

I imagine that's similar to a lot of people. But

unfortunately, the term "alcoholic" often becomes synonymous with "drinks a lot."
This is where I'm at. I have a couple drinks probably 4-5 days per week. Occasionally I'll have 6-8. That said, I can't remember the last time I was blackout drunk, I've never been hungover for work, and I've nothing done anything really stupid while drunk pretty much ever assuming texting exes doesn't qualify as "really stupid."

Nope, I have drink maybe 1-2x a week. Get wasted 1-2x a month.

From the week before Thanksgiving up until last week, I had my biggest stretch of drinking/weed smoking since my early 20's. I was on the west coast for a week and wasted nightly, to the point where I was struggling to stand by the end of most nights. I parlayed that into a lifestyle up until Christmas.

I basically felt like #### 2/3 of every single day. Honestly, I don't know how people function like that. It was a fun month, but #### that ####.

Ok good to know. I can definitely manage 48 hours pretty easily. I do hide booze from my wife so that she thinks that I drink less than I actually do. I assume that's a fairly common behavior. :oldunsure:
Um, I think hiding alcohol is one of the criteria for bring an alcoholic. No judging from me, though. I'm right there with you :highfive:

In my experience, most alcoholics don't know they are or won't admit it. So most of you are probably a bunch of drunks. LoL

Um, I think hiding alcohol is one of the criteria for bring an alcoholic. No judging from me, though. I'm right there with you :highfive:
Yeah but don't you have to meet several criteria to be an "official" alcoholic? NTTAWWT

Hey man, again, I'm not judging. I'm sure that whatever criteria you judge by, I'll be counted in it.

Yeah but don't you have to meet several criteria to be an "official" alcoholic? NTTAWWT
Im guessing you hide it because you dont want to have to leave your wife.

You fall in to the "noble alcoholic" tier.

I usually drink a few days a week. If I'm at home its usually about 6 beers. If I am out / watching game somewhere I just consume beers the entire time I'm out, maybe 1.5-2 an hr? I never really get drunk sticking to beer.

I'd drink a ton of I didn't vape. I've had times in my life where I drank 4-5 a week, and I definitely have that gene in me that will crave/ need a drink if i were to drink that often.

The beginning of football season I probably drink the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread