What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you tired of FF? (1 Viewer)

How many FF teams will you have next season compared to this season?

• More than this season.

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Same as this season.

Votes: 109 63.4%
  • Less than this season.

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • I am probably just stopping all together.

Votes: 15 8.7%

• Total voters
GroveDiesel said:
This is where I am. I have a 23 year league and a work league. I’m in both more to keep in touch with those guys rather than because I find them a lot of fun.

I feel like the internet and all of the fantasy resources and “experts” out there actually changed the game to making it much more random and luck based. Everybody has access to all of the same info already broke up into packages, rankings, news bits, etc. In the old days, yeah you could get magazines, but they’d quickly be outdated and didn’t give you easy comparisons across positions, didn’t update you throughout the season, etc. If you put in more work, did your own analysis, and understood VBD, you could give yourself a huge advantage. Guys who just grabbed a magazine and winged it had little shot.

Now, everyone has essentially the same info at their fingertips and it comes down to simply who gets lucky on a few guys that vastly over perform their preseason ranking and who has better injury luck. IMO, if you play in a league with even half competent owners, it’s extremely difficult to consistently be the best no matter how much time and effort you put in (excepting deep dynasty or IDP leagues with deep starting lineups).
Still going strong after 20+ years. I have "evolved" over that span, moving through various stages of FF and, in general, leaving behind the "old" iterations as the advantages of research became nullified by the growth of online info. I now only have 3 dynasty leagues, though I never ran more than 5 in one season, but they're all full IDP and the most recent is a contract league. It's the constant progression to something that keeps the advantage in favor of the researcher that keep if fresh. As I've said many times elsewhere, IDP is the last bastion of FF for me. There are still very few places that cover it, and the information is not often accurate or easy to find. 

I watch so much less football. Cut the cord, but I also removed the antenna that grabbed local networks. The last few years of scandals, poorly handled domestic violence cases, and ego-driven "men acting like boys" in the NFL has soured me on their product. Games that draw me to watch are generally those that have a decent chunk of players across my 3 teams on the field at once. As a few have said, FF is what keeps my interest in the NFL games, not the other way around. I don't miss watching and enjoy having more time for me... and sometimes my family :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing since '94. I've always had just one team each year. Got into dynasty about 5 years ago. Since then that's my only team. To me this is what makes fantasy enjoyable, having your guys, watching them, rooting for them, winning and losing with them. It's a real GM/coach experience. I've never understood how having multiple teams would be fun. Rooting for a player to do good and bad in the same game? No thanks.
This is me. One keeper league from the start. And that is enough without it ever being too much.

Weebs210 said:
Bad season eh?
These posts are great for likes, but really provide nothing to the convo. It suggests only people who are tired of it are people who dont succeed, when its clear many have pointed to the contrary. 

Im 12-1 in my biggest dyno, Im still sick of fantasy and am considering retirement. As has been mentioned, most of us play in multiple league, I have a bad season in 4 and won points title in 4 of my 7. I have been preparing for this seasons retirement as of cutting down my leagues and giving up my commish jobs.

So, no, to answer your question on my part.

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
I think some leagues can become stagnant and then the fun begins to wane a bit.  The key for me is to have varying league that all offer something different.  If all the leagues were the exact same then it would be redundant and would make sense to cut back.  I am currently in 4 leagues and they all fit a different purpose:

• 14 team Redraft:  This league started in 1985.  It is a superflex with no team defense.  You can keep one player drafter after the 10th round for one year in the round you drafted him.  No playoffs and play through week 17.  Best record wins the title.  It's a snake draft and still has 2/3 of the original owners left in it.  The original owners typically draft live in the same room and the newbies have started to stop that and draft on-line remotely.  It sucks when that happens.
  • 12 team redraft:  This league started in 1997.  It is my old work league and I have been commish since the start.  It's a good way to keep in touch with the old co-workers.  It includes a team defense and is extremely high scoring.  It has playoffs and every team makes the playoffs (that way everyone stays involved for the whole year - usually). 
  • 12 team dynasty:  This is a superflex with IDP.  It has a salary cap, auction and draft done live each year (it's an all day event).  No playoffs.  Best record after 17 weeks wins the trophy.  By far the most complicated.  I started it with a budy in 2005.  We developed all the rules and have added/changed as new ideas have been brought up.  It's been awesome and by far my favorite and most complicated.  I typically prep for this draft and it carries me over for the other three drafts. 
  • 10 team redraft:  This is a simple espn league.  It started 4 years ago with friends and family as a parent-kid league.  Each parent drafts their own team and each kid drafts their own team.  It was started because my son wanted to get in a league when he was 9 so I got a bunch of dad's together and started it.  Really laid back but it gets the kids involved and watching games and is a nice family activity to share with friends.  Draft live in person.  It has playoffs and everyone makes the playoffs.

I can't say I agree with the OP overall, though FF does feel a bit more frustrating these days for some reason. I've never understood how people can be in 10+ leagues or whatever - that seems the opposite of enjoyable to me, partially because it feels like there's less at stake because if you don't do well in one league there's always another one (or you're in so many leagues that you own basically every player so none of it really matters). I'm in 3 leagues, all dynasty and all IDP and I like that. I couldn't bear a DEF/ST league (too boring) or a redraft league (completely uninteresting). 

Out of the 3 leagues, I only truly care about one, which is a long term deeper dynasty league of many years with good friends. Frustratingly, I'm having my worst season of fantasy ever in that league and am dead last - even though I've put in more time and effort as ever and I really like my squad (with the exception of a couple of ill-advised trades in retrospect). Last year in that league I was killing it. So it does feel a bit more random and unsatisfying from that perspective. But that's fantasy. Hopefully I'll turn it around next year.

I do agree with sentiments about analysis and content saturation. Not only has it evened the playing field tremendously (I've noticed this particularly in the later rounds of rookie drafts where everyone is onto the same sleepers, and in IDP especially), but it kind of makes the week to week experience feel stale too. Maybe I just need to listen to fewer podcasts - by the end of the week, it feels like everyone has talked about the same things over and over or you've read similar things in heaps of articles, and there's no real interesting or genuine insight.

Then the games roll around, it's all completely random, it's over too quickly, and the cycle starts again. I actually probably enjoy the rookie draft time in the offseason most about fantasy now, rather than the actual season (after the initial excitement of fantasy being back has worn off). Finding late round rookie sleepers is still interesting (and most satisfying) to me. 

In terms of the actual NFL, I agree it's almost unwatchable now. I hardly ever would watch a full game from start to finish now - it's just too tedious. 

I'm down to 3 dynasty leagues which is as much as I can pay attention to nowadays. I've been playing since the 90s. I do have to say it's a little less fun/involving than it used to be, but I still really enjoy the team building part. I care about the offseason probably more than anything else: following the news on rising and falling players, free agency, drafting, etc. The regular season is less engrossing for me. If it wasn't a crappy thing to do I think I'd ideally join a dynasty league, do the startup draft, run my team for 2 years, and quit to do a new startup. Rinse, repeat. But I play in leagues with friends and try to stay in for the long haul.

The two things that have cut into the fun for me are 1) I started to play mostly for money once I had a family and disposable income got tighter (this probably means I should play daily but I haven't made that plunge yet); and 2) predatory trading (for lack of a better phrase). Trade values in dynasty are highly subjective but what I am talking about is the 2-3 owners in most of my dynasty leagues who shotgun out horrible offers on a regular basis until a weaker owner bites. I feel like this has been on the increase in my leagues over the past decade or so. 

The luck part doesn't bother me all that much. I feel like it's baked into the hobby, and always has been. I've been the beneficiary of fantastic luck, and I've been on the wrong side of some horrible luck. 

Two leagues, 20+ years each. One 2 keeper, one dynasty. I think 3-4 team owner changes total between the two. I am lucky and that is what I think makes the difference. Friends staying with it makes it fun. 

I am only in 2 leagues now; one a for-fun 2 man keeper, the other a small money dynasty (which is a dominate team).  I’ve been playing for 19 years.  But I’m giving it up after this year.  Life leaves little times these days and I just don’t watch NFL games like I used to. I can’t just casually play - I’m in it to win it.  Just grown tired and disinterested. 

I'm just tired of people who claim to have lost their interest constantly checking in to tell us they have lost their interest.  Great, so move on.
I quit three years ago and I still post and follow here, albeit much less so.  For me it is nice to stay connected to the sport. I know a lot of people seem to assume that the people who come in here to ask about quitting are people who are having bad years but I found it to be quite opposite when I quit and every season since.  

I think it's really a situation where ff is such a big part of people's lives and people find such a connection to the forums and people in them that they just find it hard to Tom without feeling it is okay and the right thing to do and to say goodbye.  That's how it was for me, anyway.

I walked away at the tail end of an incredible run in a large idp dynasty.  By the time the end came, the large, competitive dynasty was all I could stomach.  Redrafts were horrible.  I quit because I thought the NFL was becoming a poor shell of what I loved all my life and, sadly, I think it is even more true today.  It is very hard for me to watch through all the nonsense that exists in the product these days.  I also quit because of all the things people mentioned already in regards to how it's become saturated in so many ways. I also quit because I clearly saw that I wasn't enjoying the games.  I was absorbed in stats and such.

I think people quit for many reasons.  I think people who have been playing and have been around the NFL for 30+ years see a very clearly different game now and young people just coming on board probably won't approach ff with the same zeal and zest we did.  For whatever reasons they arrive, if they think it's time, it IS.  And that is okay. 

is this yearly thread where all the people not making the playoffs gather?
Currently I’m leading my dynasty 17 week total points league that’s been in place since 1995. I’ve won 7x with the last 🏆 being a number of years ago. My team is stacked for now and the reasonable future. If I win I’m strongly leaning to going out as a champ. Just feel it’s time ✌🏽 

Just wanted to put in two cents about research and the availability of information.  Maybe this is just me, but I find the over-saturation of information to be an advantage.

As an example, in my 12-team keeper league, the first pure keeper draft pick was Darwin Thompson - in the 5th of 17 rounds.  My entire draft strategy was, and will be moving forward, planned around grabbing the young players who fell for non-football reasons, of which there are many.  Too small, went to the wrong school, played in the wrong conference, didn't get recruited by Alabama.  Or my personal favorite, didn't put up the stats that everyone said they were supposed to in their final year in college.

While it remains to be seen what I actually have, I was able to nab Devin Singletary in the 9th round (worth an 8th round pick next year).  He checked all the boxes for people avoiding him - bad college competition, they didn't throw to him, too small.  AKA we're not talking about football.  Ended up being the last rookie RB taken in our draft.  Suffice to say for this league, 4th round value vs. 8th round value is an astronomical difference considering there are 48 players already removed from the draft order as keepers.

There's a book out there called "The Signal and the Noise."  To me, that's where the strategy comes in with the abundance of information on the market.  Most of it is low quality, but analyzing the information helps to determine where value may lie.

NOTE:  I am a fantasy idiot and do not mean to portray myself as a genius.

I'm just tired of people who claim to have lost their interest constantly checking in to tell us they have lost their interest.  Great, so move on.
I understand, but Im pretty tired of people who dont like threads who come into threads and act as if they are so upset someone is talking about something they dont like.

After all, this thread is titled... "Are you tired of FF?" You knew that before you came in here. Now you are entitled to your opinion and thought, but it seems you are ok giving opinions but not wanting to hear them. I started a thread about cutting players and was bashed by people who didnt want to cut players. Slamming people for talking the topic doesnt seem right though.

DFS has been a nice change of pace, and I've enjoyed that much more than any season long league this year.
I think you can just about stick a fork in season long fantasy, especially redraft. The rate of injuries in today's NFL is nowhere near what it was when I started playing 25 years ago. It's becoming ridiculous really. Season-long rosters look nothing like their draft versions after only a few weeks. 

If you like playing the waiver wire you might as well just play DFS.

I'm probably a little tired of season long H2H snake draft leagues. Interest in FF is still as high as ever, but also get frustrated to see teams get CMC and basically bomb everything else, and still be successful.

DFS has been a nice change of pace, and I've enjoyed that much more than any season long league this year. I'm going to try to incorporate that into a season long league next year. Maybe have a 10 team league, where you field a new team each week. 

Ultimately, I care more about being right, and having a correct evaluation more than actually winning or losing. So, if I'm really high on a guy, and I don't end up with him, and that is what beats me, I'm still rooting for the guy. For example, I'm 4-8 in my main league(though 2nd in points) but I'm probably having as good a year as anybody in any league as far as predicting what has happened so far this season. Guys I thought would be busts have been, guys I liked as breakouts have been, and teams I thought would be better than people expected(Ravens in particular) have been. Its like my hit/miss % on predictions is at like 90% this season, which is crazy good, it just hasn't helped my particular fantasy team due to bad luck, and lately injuries.
Experimenting with the same thing.  Duplicated my MFL league and am importing the weekly salaries from FD and have assigned a hard cap that each team needs to stay under for their roster.

I'm going to look to get 12 or so teams on board and do a season long head to head league like this.

With a 17 or 18 game season coming with multiple bye weeks, as well as injuries killing your redraft season, I think I'm done with that.

is this yearly thread where all the people not making the playoffs gather?
Yes this thread and the one talking about luck. I get it though. When my team is eliminated from my basketball rec league I make a post on the rec league basketball forum and ask if other people are tired of rec league basketball.

I find myself completely committed from say July through the draft. I love preparing for the draft and the draft itself. 

What feels different to me is the managing of the team during the season. Just don't take the time or put in the effort of working out trades or waivers that I used to.

Yes this thread and the one talking about luck. I get it though. When my team is eliminated from my basketball rec league I make a post on the rec league basketball forum and ask if other people are tired of rec league basketball.
Most of the people posting here have talked about how they still enjoy parts of ff, while they’ve lost interest in others. Many have stated explicitly that they have playoff teams this season and long records of success. I’m not sure I understand your aim in posting these comments. 

Been playing since 1989.  Still love my partial keeper, salary cap auction league as there is a ton of strategy.  Love my 32 team IDP league because that's challenging as well.  Tolerate my 16 team standard redraft league only because of draft day weekend with Friday night poker and drinking followed by a huge cookout, more drinking and Saturday night draft with old high school friends, most of which I see once a year.  So those 3 leagues are good.

Can't stand the other 3 redraft leagues I'm in with work and other groups of friends.  I've been wanting to quit those for a few years now but get roped back in.  I really just have no desire to do redrafts anymore.  This is very little skill and it's just tiresome to deal with so many lineups.

Most of the people posting here have talked about how they still enjoy parts of ff, while they’ve lost interest in others. Many have stated explicitly that they have playoff teams this season and long records of success. I’m not sure I understand your aim in posting these comments. 
My rec basketball team is making the playoffs as well.

I still like FFB for the most part.

The part that makes it less enjoyable is the NFL itself. There's so much bad coaching, bad rules, bad refereeing, and bad sportsmanship that following the league feels kind of gross these days.

I feel like I stay in some leagues just to stay connected to the people in them, I am definitely losing interest. I barely check the league standings or waiver wire during the year, when I used to do it daily. The only league I really enjoy is my work league where you see the people daily for trash talking etc. 

I think I am losing interest because it feels significantly more luck based now. Everyone has the exact same information, so it comes more down to draft spot (I know you can do auction, but I don't have 4 hours to draft) and injuries than knowing which players have upside or changes in situation etc. Even as recently as 10 years ago it felt like there were sleepers that you could grab because you know something changed in their situation or specialized websites like this one would mention it. Now any possible sleeper will already have their ADP maxed out + a round on ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Google News and everywhere else. One example I can recall would be drafting Ray Rice in the 11th round in 2009. Now every website would have him as a 3rd round pick or something, and every Tom, ****, and Harry with a printout would be drafting him there. Sure, you can still grab someone like McLauren in the 16th round this year, but getting a value WR 2/3 is not going to win a league.

To avoid this I am mainly in leagues with odd formats so you cannot just print out an ADP list, Fish Bowl rules, all but one league are more than 14 teams etc. The problem with all these deep leagues is that you are super sensitive to injury, because if there is a 22 round draft or 16 teams, you never have anyone you can grab from the WW that will really make a difference. I always run in the situation where it is like "wow, I need to grab Benny Snell from the WW this week, his opportunity looks great", and then it turns out someone drafted him in the 19th round or whatever. 

Maybe the changes are all in my head and it is just differences in my priorities and interests, a college aged bachelor can always dedicate more brainpower to fantasy football than someone with young kids where you spend Sunday at Costco instead of watching football. 

I've been playing since '94. I've always had just one team each year. Got into dynasty about 5 years ago. Since then that's my only team. To me this is what makes fantasy enjoyable, having your guys, watching them, rooting for them, winning and losing with them. It's a real GM/coach experience. I've never understood how having multiple teams would be fun. Rooting for a player to do good and bad in the same game? No thanks.
Yeah, guys like the one in Dr Dan’s league that have 150 teams just blow my mind. To each their own, but I don’t even understand how that can be enjoyable. I guess if you win a bunch and win a bunch of money, but 150 teams just seems like work to me without any enjoyment.

I enjoy being a commissioner more than being an owner. I do one redraft league (18 years) and two dynasty leagues (6 years for both). As the commish, I get to talk to all of the other league members and get their unfiltered opinions and ideas. I usually spend January analyzing my teams, for better or worse. Then February starts and the commish work begins.

I haven't watched an NFL game since around 2010 because I just don't feel like sitting down for hours. I don't look at the scores until after I read the Monday morning email from footballguys.com. That lets me know if guys got hurt so I don't get mad about a low player score.

My interest is still high as ever and am already lookiing forward to next year's rookie drafts

:banned:

I'm in 3 redrafts and a dynasty.  Loving the dynasty league, although I only personally know two of the other owners.  Will continue in that one for as long as it stays up. 

One of the redrafts is a group of friends, we also play fantasy baseball together so it's a group of 14 who are competing almost year-round in some fashion.  Lots of fun, I'll keep that one. 

In the other two redrafts I am without a doubt the most avid owner. In the last 4 years here hasn't been one single trade in either of these leagues that I haven't been involved in.  Swore to myself after my 10th trade offer (text or on website) sat idle for a week that I was done with both of these leagues after this year. 

I enjoy being a commissioner more than being an owner. I do one redraft league (18 years) and two dynasty leagues (6 years for both). As the commish, I get to talk to all of the other league members and get their unfiltered opinions and ideas. I usually spend January analyzing my teams, for better or worse. Then February starts and the commish work begins.

I haven't watched an NFL game since around 2010 because I just don't feel like sitting down for hours. I don't look at the scores until after I read the Monday morning email from footballguys.com. That lets me know if guys got hurt so I don't get mad about a low player score.

My interest is still high as ever and am already lookiing forward to next year's rookie drafts

:banned:
This is my own personal problem and why I get tired of it. Even if I can’t watch games I am constantly checking stat tracker to see who’s producing. 

Even if I tell myself just check Sunday night or Monday morning. My OCD mindset HAS to check. 

At times it’s bothersome and hindering to every day life. 

I quit my old friends league that I ran for 25 years.

I was tired of the complaining and I said I'll be in the leg if someone else wants to run it and someone kind of half ran it last year it was a mess so I just bailed.

I'm down the one dynasty leg and that's it

I've heard quite a few people say they don't even watch nfl games anymore. That just blows my mind. Most of the joy for me comes by watching my guy bust through the line and race towards the endzone. Or watching the ball fly towards my guy who beat his man deep. I love to watch my guys that I have invested in do amazing athletic things. I wouldn't play if I couldn't watch.

I think after reading a lot of these posts, fantasy football has a lot of different layers and there are a lot of different ways to experience it. For some people (like me) its about having that owner/GM/coach experience with one team. Others play in multiple leagues against their friends and family, co workers to win and prove their superiority. While others play many leagues to win money. And these are just three examples. I'm sure there are many more reasons to play. What it comes down to I suppose is whatever reason you like to play, if its not enjoyable, then why play. There's quite a bit of "tired" people on this post. But not many that are going to quit. Must not be too "tired" I guess.

This is my own personal problem and why I get tired of it. Even if I can’t watch games I am constantly checking stat tracker to see who’s producing. 

Even if I tell myself just check Sunday night or Monday morning. My OCD mindset HAS to check. 

It took me a little while, but once I made the change, I felt so much better. That feeling of sitting around Sunday evening knowing I could have started this guy over another was the suck.

This is me. I'll try not to look even just for 20 minutes and yet I'm right back there looking a minute later. The people I work with will ask me who should they root for in the night games because they know I'll be in a bad mood the next day if things don't go well. The other thing I notice is that when I loose I get angry and depressed but when I win I only feel relieved but not happy. What keeps me in it is that I truly enjoy the pre season preparation. I love listening to podcasts and thinking about who I'm gonna target, roster construction, etc. I love talking football with friends and doing mock drafts.  

I quit doing this years ago.  I'll check stats at halftime of games and between the early and late games.  I may or may not check stats before I go to bed for the night game.  I usually just check Monday morning for that.  I don't consider that a lot and very much normal.  A nice balance of enjoying the games and fantasy football.

It took me a little while, but once I made the change, I felt so much better. That feeling of sitting around Sunday evening knowing I could have started this guy over another was the suck.
There is nothing worse than the regret you feel when you make the wrong start/sit decision. I am very good at the fantasy football game but when it comes to start/sit decisions it's uncanny at how often I get it wrong.  I did improve this year on my decision making by trusting my process and gut over how the expert's ranked things. If I followed my process I felt better about being wrong. 

I quit doing this years ago.  I'll check stats at halftime of games and between the early and late games.  I may or may not check stats before I go to bed for the night game.  I usually just check Monday morning for that.
This is much easier for some to do than others much like quitting smoking. Somebody needs to invent "The Fantasy Patch".

This is much easier for some to do than others much like quitting smoking. Somebody needs to invent "The Fantasy Patch".
I think understanding the stats aren't going anywhere should help.  Checking 2 or 3 times on Sunday should be plenty enough for most.  I guarantee you will enjoy both the NFL and fantasy more by doing that.  Plus, putting this fantasy thing in perspective, too much of a good thing can be bad for your health and family.

Switching from gambling on individual games to fantasy actually lowered my stress level. I now risk in a year what I used to risk in one game.

I voted that I would be playing in more leagues next year. One reason is that I have had my greatest year ever this year. The other reason is that I realize that it is a numbers game. I have 3 teams. I have won the league championship in two of my 12 teamers. I'm not a genius I just happen to have Lamar Jackson on one team and CMC on the other. I play in an online league. The top 20 teams all have either Lamar Jackson or CMC or both except two of them and they both have Michael Thomas.  Strangely, none of them have Dalvin Cook except for me. It was similar last year with the best teams having Mahomes and Conner. Last year I took second in two leagues behind the Mahomes owner. I never had a chance at first. You can win without one of these difference makers but you probably won't. 

I voted that I would be playing in more leagues next year. One reason is that I have had my greatest year ever this year. The other reason is that I realize that it is a numbers game. I have 3 teams. I have won the league championship in two of my 12 teamers. I'm not a genius I just happen to have Lamar Jackson on one team and CMC on the other. I play in an online league. The top 20 teams all have either Lamar Jackson or CMC or both except two of them and they both have Michael Thomas.  Strangely, none of them have Dalvin Cook except for me. It was similar last year with the best teams having Mahomes and Conner. Last year I took second in two leagues behind the Mahomes owner. I never had a chance at first. You can win without one of these difference makers but you probably won't. 
A lot of factors go into a season and whether you have a great chance in winning.  I'm speaking from a dynasty perspective and not redraft.  Last year I had one of my strongest teams with Andrew Luck, Antonio Brown, Fournette, Gurley, Michel, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham, Kareem Hunt, and Gronk.  While I've won my share of titles in that league, things can change on a dime.  I lost Luck, Brown, and Gronk and might as well have lost Hunt, all in one off-season.  Throw in what's been happening with Gurley and Michel hasn't exactly been setting the woods on fire, there you have it.  Now Julio Jones may be shut down for the year.  An invincible team the last few years is suddenly just above average.  I made the playoffs this year and got a first round bye, but that team is nowhere what it was this time last year.   It humbles me to realize you can't sit on your laurels in this hobby.

I have been doing FF for 25 years. I think I am stopping after this season. There are many reasons, but I feel like after talking to some friends that seems to be the general direction of many of them. So where are you in terms of how many teams you will be doing going forward? Are you thinking of stopping? Or just as excited as ever? Thanks 
Can’t stop, won’t stop. Every week that I get to play FF is a privilege 

Not tired of FF... one league... 27th season (redraft)... same guys.

VERY TIRED of RF... real football. Emotion has been completely sucked out of the game putting big play moments on hold until replay officials tell us what we really saw. And now that the Pandora's Box of challenging penalties (or non-penalties) has begun... I'm out. Perfectly happy to just catch up on the stats later on.

Not as interested in the NFL/CFB as I used to be. I have some issues with the sport itself and the culture around the sport. I'm more of a basketball and soccer fan these days. I mainly follow football for the sake of FF.

As far as FF goes, I still enjoy it, but I get tired of the constant injuries. It seems like every year I am losing guys left and right. It gets frustrating to put so much effort into building teams, only to see 25-50% of your players miss time throughout the season.

Switching from gambling on individual games to fantasy actually lowered my stress level. I now risk in a year what I used to risk in one game.
This was a big part of my move to FF money leagues. I quit weekly lines, made it one, static cost each season, and the stress was gone. Having 3 money leagues and never, ever playing in "for fun" leagues makes the game serious enough to be fun without being an "oh ####" kind of cost. Chasing points is far cheaper. 

Users who are viewing this thread