What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie: *** Official manhunt time *** (1 Viewer)

What is in there that you want to read about?  #### this guy.  He murdered a woman and offed himself like a little coward.  There is absolutely nothing about this scum bucket that's worth our time.  
Lots of presumptions here, good buddy. If there is something to read it may lead to a diagnoses of some mental illness. This in turn could lead to new info that could help people out in the future. We can often times learn about things with hindsight.

I also want to hear more before I judge this guy. Not that I am in any position to be judging anyone.

Yes, you've now made several references to my involvement in this thread.  Not sure why it bothers you.  I think it's asinine to call this a 'mystery'.  Guy killed his girlfriend, ran home to his parents, then killed himself.  Why this one case garnered so much publicity is crazy to me and I get it, I'm posting in here too, I'm just stupified over this one.  

If Gabby wasn't super hot would this thread even exist?  What do you think, Flop?  I'm interested in self reflection here - why do we care so much about this when we don't spend a second of thought to other murders? 
The mystery is how did they get to the point they are at. Was it mental? chemical imbalance? demons tell him to do it? why was she doing what she was doing? (Am I alone thinking this whole blogging thing was narcissistic and stupid) What kind of life leads one to this?

I personally would be interested in this regardless of what Gabby looked like. I think "super hot" is a little over the top. She is pretty but that is all subjective.

American alligators' (Alligator mississippiensis) bites are only the sixth strongest on the planet, with psi of 2,980 pounds.

I thought it was hyenas with the highest, but maybe that's a pound for pound thing.  While google shows them high on the list, many others top it.  None of the lists match though.

The best list included dinosaurs, with T-Rex actually at #3.  Yeah right, that thing would be #1.

Mastiff for dogs was surprising, at over 500 pounds per inch (#1).  Also surprising was pit bulls at less than half that force (a little over 200#s) and like #5 on the dog list.  Bulldogs were #3.

Jaguars consistently come in the top 10, surprising to me.  And Gorillas.

Hyenas were at like 1100 PSI, btw, right there with grizzlies.

I thought it was hyenas with the highest, but maybe that's a pound for pound thing.  While google shows them high on the list, many others top it.  None of the lists match though.

The best list included dinosaurs, with T-Rex actually at #3.  Yeah right, that thing would be #1.

Mastiff for dogs was surprising, at over 500 pounds per inch (#1).  Also surprising was pit bulls at less than half that force (a little over 200#s) and like #5 on the dog list.  Bulldogs were #3.

Jaguars consistently come in the top 10, surprising to me.  And Gorillas.

Hyenas were at like 1100 PSI, btw, right there with grizzlies.
Jaguars kill by biting through the cervical spine, and haul big prey up into trees. Not sure why gorillas need powerful bites.

I bet right now there are a bunch of Hollywood studios wondering how soon is too soon to start casting for their movie based on all of this.

I thought Mantis shrimp held that honor?

If we are talking strike force, then yeah, the Mantis is little Hercules.  I guess I misspoke, I am talking speed, not force, although the Mantis shrimp has both.  Nothing inhales/strikes at prey faster than I do, or so I've read.  And part of that comes from propulsion from how my gills and mouth are set up.  I'm like a lightening fast vacuum cleaner once I get the green light. 

But I'll pass on taking on any shrimp named Mantis.  I'm afraid what he would do once inside my stomach.

If we are talking strike force, then yeah, the Mantis is little Hercules.  I guess I misspoke, I am talking speed, not force, although the Mantis shrimp has both.  Nothing inhales/strikes at prey faster than I do, or so I've read.  And part of that comes from propulsion from how my gills and mouth are set up.  I'm like a lightening fast vacuum cleaner once I get the green light. 

But I'll pass on taking on any shrimp named Mantis.  I'm afraid what he would do once inside my stomach.
Yeah, not sure if the bite is faster than the strike, but I wouldn’t want to be on the menu for either.

Is it possible Laundrie was devoured by frogfish, or bludgeoned by mantis shrimp?

Lots of presumptions here, good buddy. If there is something to read it may lead to a diagnoses of some mental illness. This in turn could lead to new info that could help people out in the future. We can often times learn about things with hindsight.

I also want to hear more before I judge this guy. Not that I am in any position to be judging anyone.

Okay, well you wait on baited breath to read this guy's diary before you judge him.  Maybe he has all sorts of entries that could prevent domestic violence and murder in the future.  

But if it's okay with you, I'm going to finalize my opinion on Brian Laundrie.  He was man who abused his girlfriend before he killed her, then fled away like a little coward before killing himself.  I'm entitled to that opinion just like you're entitled to form your own opinion. 

Can I ask you this?  Did you read the manifesto of Dylan Roof or the Las Vegas Shooter?  How about the Santa Barbara mass murderer?  Did you read their thoughts in full?  What did you glean?  What did you learn?  Did those prevent more mass murders?   What about Brian Laundrie will you read that stops another murder? 

The mystery is how did they get to the point they are at. Was it mental? chemical imbalance? demons tell him to do it? why was she doing what she was doing? (Am I alone thinking this whole blogging thing was narcissistic and stupid) What kind of life leads one to this?

I personally would be interested in this regardless of what Gabby looked like. I think "super hot" is a little over the top. She is pretty but that is all subjective.

I disagree completely.  People go missing every day.  Why did this one mean so much more? 

Okay, well you wait on baited breath to read this guy's diary before you judge him.  Maybe he has all sorts of entries that could prevent domestic violence and murder in the future.  

But if it's okay with you, I'm going to finalize my opinion on Brian Laundrie.  He was man who abused his girlfriend before he killed her, then fled away like a little coward before killing himself.  I'm entitled to that opinion just like you're entitled to form your own opinion. 

Can I ask you this?  Did you read the manifesto of Dylan Roof or the Las Vegas Shooter?  How about the Santa Barbara mass murderer?  Did you read their thoughts in full?  What did you glean?  What did you learn?  Did those prevent more mass murders?   What about Brian Laundrie will you read that stops another murder? 
Yall quit messing up the bite thread!

I disagree completely.  People go missing every day.  Why did this one mean so much more? 
Dude, it didn’t. Until soon after she went missing the world realized their life leading up to her disappearance was video/photo-blogged for all to analyze, hour by hour, a one-hour police-cam vid with all kinds of human-drama the cherry on top. You know of a case with similar circumstances that was ignored by everyone?

Dude, it didn’t. Until soon after she went missing the world realized their life leading up to her disappearance was video/photo-blogged for all to analyze, hour by hour, a one-hour police-cam vid with all kinds of human-drama the cherry on top. You know of a case with similar circumstances that was ignored by everyone?

Oh please.  These weren't realty TV stars with a massive following prior to their demise.  Good grief. 

Mercedes Morr had a million IG followers.  Is she a household name?  Her murder was unsolved for almost a year.  What's different? 

I know it is unlikely, but I keep thinking they faked the dental records somehow and how convenient it is that there is not any DNA evidence left behind.  I have probably just watched too many movies where that has happened. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh please.  These weren't realty TV stars with a massive following prior to their demise.  Good grief. 

Mercedes Morr had a million IG followers.  Is she a household name?  Her murder was unsolved for almost a year.  What's different? 
GB, what are you trying to accomplish here? It's obvious it bothers you that this case got so much attention and you feel it's because of how she looks.

Ok. So now what?  Even if that's the only reason and you're 100% right, what now? It is what it is. Just seems like one of those times to just let it go. 

GB, what are you trying to accomplish here? It's obvious it bothers you that this case got so much attention and you feel it's because of how she looks.

Ok. So now what?  Even if that's the only reason and you're 100% right, what now? It is what it is. Just seems like one of those times to just let it go. 

Just seems strange to me how much attention this story receives vs the countless other tragic stories of missing or murdered people that suffer similar fates.  But I'll take your advice and drop it.  This will be my final word in here. 

I don't know much about the Mercedes Morr story aside from a quick Google search but it looks like she was a former stripper and had many body enhancements/plastic surgery (race/color plays an issue as well). I don't have an issue with any of that but I can see how the news might not be eager to jump on her story.

Link

You really are ridiculously hung up on this case. Also, do you even know about Morr’s case? Here’s the Rolling Stone article about it:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/mercedes-morr-jenae-gagnier-instagram-model-murdered-1220500/ 

Seeing as how when he dad went to her apartment to check on her and found her killer in her apartment (he killed himself there), I’m not sure how it was unsolved for a year. If you are going to use random cases as proof, you might want to actually read up on them.

Like it our not, this case is a lot different than an unsolved murder where no one knows who the killer is.

I don't know much about the Mercedes Morr story aside from a quick Google search but it looks like she was a former stripper and had many body enhancements/plastic surgery (race/color plays an issue as well). I don't have an issue with any of that but I can see how the news might not be eager to jump on her story.

Link
I missed your post. It wasn’t headline news, even though it was enough to make Rolling Stone, because it was a crazy fan that killed her and they found him when they found her so no real mystery like laundry. If police found laundry dead from suicide after strangling Gabbi to death, you probably get a Rolling Stone type article and some media attention but it’s gone after a day or two. Maybe the police video and their blog make it go a little longer but the drive to Florida and no body made it go longer because it was actually unsolved even though everyone knew. Morr’s case was open and shut, no mystery at all and no search.

There was a really wild ### murder here Missy Bevens. Hot ish. Strange circumstance surrounding her death.   Killer on camera looked just like her husband but was wearing a bunch of tactical gear.  Wasn't him. Never solved.  

She wasn't famous or anything but it's the closest situation to this I can remember. 

culdeus said:
There was a really wild ### murder here Missy Bevens. Hot ish. Strange circumstance surrounding her death.   Killer on camera looked just like her husband but was wearing a bunch of tactical gear.  Wasn't him. Never solved.  

She wasn't famous or anything but it's the closest situation to this I can remember. 
Is that the one where she was at a church getting ready for an early morning fitness class?

If I remember right, they were analyzing the gait of ther person in the video to see if it was maybe a female in tactical clothing. 

culdeus said:

I still suspect the FIL and MIL, but I only stayed at a holiday inn.

Is that the one where she was at a church getting ready for an early morning fitness class?

If I remember right, they were analyzing the gait of ther person in the video to see if it was maybe a female in tactical clothing. 
Yes. The person was clearly wanting to get caught on camera looking like the husband walking.   But didn't bother to fact check he was like 3000 miles away with an air tight alibi.  It's never likely to get solved.  

stbugs said:
You really are ridiculously hung up on this case. Also, do you even know about Morr’s case? Here’s the Rolling Stone article about it:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/mercedes-morr-jenae-gagnier-instagram-model-murdered-1220500/ 

Seeing as how when he dad went to her apartment to check on her and found her killer in her apartment (he killed himself there), I’m not sure how it was unsolved for a year. If you are going to use random cases as proof, you might want to actually read up on them.

Like it our not, this case is a lot different than an unsolved murder where no one knows who the killer is.
Sorry, I confused my IG influencer/models....Alexis Sharkey is the gal I was meaning to reference.  Sad that there's more than one.  Hell, sad there's any at all.  Just f'd up.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-sharkey-alexis-sharkey-husband-dead-gunshot-wound-florida/

Sorry, I confused my IG influencer/models....Alexis Sharkey is the gal I was meaning to reference.  Sad that there's more than one.  Hell, sad there's any at all.  Just f'd up.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-sharkey-alexis-sharkey-husband-dead-gunshot-wound-florida/
Well, she’s white and pretty so doesn’t fall into the why Gabbi got more attention. Seems like they knew it was her husband and were looking for him all along and he just killed himself so case closed.

Now, I will say that the timing of her case was not the best for getting national news since the election and all the fighting was going on as well as the vaccine news.

Users who are viewing this thread