What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie: *** Official manhunt time *** (2 Viewers)

North Port police department admit that they mistook a 50 something woman in a ball cap for her 20 something bald son.

link

"Addressing the grave and costly mistake on Monday, a red-faced Taylor said “no case is perfect.”   

Taylor said police had been tracking Laundrie ever since Petito’s parents reported her missing on Sept. 11 — more than a week after her boyfriend returned to Florida alone from their road trip.

Police said they watched him leave his home in his Mustang on Sept. 13 and claimed he returned two days later.

North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison insisted at a news conference on Sept. 16 that “we know where Brian Laundrie is at.”

But that all came crashing down the following day when Laundrie’s parents reported him missing, saying he’d set off on a hike on Sept. 14 and failed to return. His parents later said he had actually left the home Sept. 13.

Taylor has since admitted they were convinced they had witnessed Laundrie return to the home in the Mustang, “but we now know that wasn’t true.”

Last edited by a moderator:
General Malaise said:
Okay, well you wait on baited breath to read this guy's diary before you judge him.  Maybe he has all sorts of entries that could prevent domestic violence and murder in the future.  

But if it's okay with you, I'm going to finalize my opinion on Brian Laundrie.  He was man who abused his girlfriend before he killed her, then fled away like a little coward before killing himself.  I'm entitled to that opinion just like you're entitled to form your own opinion. 

Can I ask you this?  Did you read the manifesto of Dylan Roof or the Las Vegas Shooter?  How about the Santa Barbara mass murderer?  Did you read their thoughts in full?  What did you glean?  What did you learn?  Did those prevent more mass murders?   What about Brian Laundrie will you read that stops another murder? 
I do read a lot of that stuff and find some of it interesting. I worked in self defense and we did learn a lot from those shootings. I was involved in a reenactment of the pulse club shooting and it was terrifying. Biggest thing I learned at these seminars was I don't ever want to be involved in a mass shooting. It's more insane than the general public realizes.

I also do think those manifestos have helped law enforcement prevent some of these things. Obviously it is no where near perfect but we have to try. At least I think trying is the right thing to do.

You finalizing your opinion on him is fine with me. Not that I ever felt you needed my ok, but you asked?

I have not followed this case as close as others so I don't have enough info. Obviously if he choked her which is very personal something was wrong with him. I am not sure about the stuff I have heard about abuse. I don't know where that came from other than the people who saw them arguing and that seemed sketchy.

I will make this confession. When this first started I watched the entire police stop video. At the end of that and not knowing what we know now I was suspicious of her more than him.  Admitting that now makes me wonder if that is ingrained misogyny? or wht??? ( I am kind of hoping he was not what everyone is saying but that is stupid ego giving me those feelings)

Anyway of course your entitled to your opinion. Walk in Peace my friend.

General Malaise said:
I disagree completely.  People go missing every day.  Why did this one mean so much more? 
The publicity it received gives the perception it means more. I am equally intrigued with the missing person posters in Walmart. I always read them and look at the pictures. They are so disturbing and there is so many of them. 😢

The publicity it received gives the perception it means more. I am equally intrigued with the missing person posters in Walmart. I always read them and look at the pictures. They are so disturbing and there is so many of them. 😢
this was more than publicity, it was viral on social media. I’ve read posts where women have said they wish it was them that Brian killed so that Gabie would still be alive. 

I do read a lot of that stuff and find some of it interesting. I worked in self defense and we did learn a lot from those shootings. I was involved in a reenactment of the pulse club shooting and it was terrifying. Biggest thing I learned at these seminars was I don't ever want to be involved in a mass shooting. It's more insane than the general public realizes.

I also do think those manifestos have helped law enforcement prevent some of these things. Obviously it is no where near perfect but we have to try. At least I think trying is the right thing to do.

You finalizing your opinion on him is fine with me. Not that I ever felt you needed my ok, but you asked?

I have not followed this case as close as others so I don't have enough info. Obviously if he choked her which is very personal something was wrong with him. I am not sure about the stuff I have heard about abuse. I don't know where that came from other than the people who saw them arguing and that seemed sketchy.

I will make this confession. When this first started I watched the entire police stop video. At the end of that and not knowing what we know now I was suspicious of her more than him.  Admitting that now makes me wonder if that is ingrained misogyny? or wht??? ( I am kind of hoping he was not what everyone is saying but that is stupid ego giving me those feelings)

Anyway of course your entitled to your opinion. Walk in Peace my friend.

Yeah this is one aspect of the "why this?" That's gets glossed.  Early on it looked like she was the abuser and an internet wannabe blogger out for fame at all costs. 

this was more than publicity, it was viral on social media. I’ve read posts where women have said they wish it was them that Brian killed so that Gabie would still be alive. 
Another reminder of the quiet bliss that comes for those who have quit social media…

(unless it was someone with a terminal medical condition, in which case it would be fully logical)

Another reminder of the quiet bliss that comes for those who have quit social media…

(unless it was someone with a terminal medical condition, in which case it would be fully logical)
I agree. Deleting Facebook is one of the best things I have done recently. So much time saved, less aggravation, and I really felt it was making me dumber. It has been about 2 years now and I do not miss it at all. Now I think it's funny the stupid excuses I would come up with to keep it. None of them were true.

I agree. Deleting Facebook is one of the best things I have done recently. So much time saved, less aggravation, and I really felt it was making me dumber. It has been about 2 years now and I do not miss it at all. Now I think it's funny the stupid excuses I would come up with to keep it. None of them were true.

It's been a few years for me but yes. I did like it for the groups aspect on topics I was into but it was still a net negative. 

Every now and then somebody sends me a meme on Instagram which leads me to scrolling for a few seconds and I am quickly reminded how happy I am to not see what some dude I went to HS did last weekend. 

I still have it, just don't ever look at it unless my wife posts something and tags me (usually kid related).

at that point I'll look around and remember I don't care what my friends ate for lunch or where they went on vacation.

did they ever tell us what was in the notebook that is what they will probably continue to wonder about take that to the bank brohans

There's no real news -- a lot of rehashing the same stuff over and over. Yesterday's news can become today's news -- and even tomorrow's news -- if you just keep cranking out warmed-over headlines.

Lots of tabloids (both print and digital) are still keeping a Brian Laundrie story afloat every day ... but it looks like the traditional media has moved on.

The notebook has nothing of note, IMHO. If it did, it would have been leaked by now.

I like how they still talk like she was an "influencer".  She had 120 followers and had purchased some bot followers bringing her to about 1100 followers when her story hit the news.  There were fewer than 30 engagements of any kind on her videos, and her IG was more or less a wasteland also.  He himself had only even gotten an IG account like 2 weeks prior, and ironically there is some thoughts that this ultimately was a friction point that led to the fights. 

This wasn't some 1M sub influencer with billions of imprints.  She had likely fewer engagements than Furley's mom.

Brian Laundrie, the sole suspect in the death of Long Island native Gabby Petito, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, a lawyer for the Laundrie family said Tuesday.

link

Users who are viewing this thread