What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie: *** Official manhunt time *** (1 Viewer)

Please don’t get this thread locked you maniacs. Who cares why this story is popular, Americans like Big Macs and network sitcoms. It’s not really a stretch to think this may hit the public consciousness. 

What difference does it make, follow the story or shut up and move on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting to hear why he was ruled out for the double homicide in Moab.

Is there anything that ties him to the scene? 

The issue in the first case seems to be more of a domestic dispute gone wrong rather than a stranger-on-stranger murder.

is there a way i can get push notifications for this gripping story?  jeez, you’d think this guy was a 7 year old girl who fell in a well.

Sinn Fein said:

The issue in the first case seems to be more of a domestic dispute gone wrong rather than a stranger-on-stranger murder.

Only thing is that Brian and Gabby were camping nearby in same park during time the two deceased went radio silent.

Sinn Fein said:

Domestic dispute? They texted or posted something along the lines that a creep was hanging around their site if anything happens to them.

Domestic dispute? They texted or posted something along the lines that a creep was hanging around their site if anything happens to them.

Brian -> Gabby = Domestic Dispute

Nothing to suggest domestic dispute with the death of the two campers.

i.e. As of now, we have no reason to suspect Brian was involved in the camper's deaths, it is clearly distinguishable from Gabby's death.

Brian -> Gabby = Domestic Dispute

Nothing to suggest domestic dispute with the death of the two campers.

i.e. As of now, we have no reason to suspect Brian was involved in the camper's deaths, it is clearly distinguishable from Gabby's death.
Ah. When you said "first case", I took that chronologically as the married murdered couple.

Chemical X said:
is there a way i can get push notifications for this gripping story?  jeez, you’d think this guy was a 7 year old girl who fell in a well.
Just to make sure we all feel old, Jessica McClure is about 35 years old now.

Thanks for starting this thread.

I do get the impression the parents helped him in some way. I wonder what he told them.
I’m curious about this.  Assuming they helped him, they are fine to do so while he is not wanted by authorities, right?  What if he told them he killed her - I’m assuming that is still okay?  Legally, not morally.  

Obviously, you can’t do that.  I’m more curious what is allowed in that situation when a person is not yet wanted by police.  
You can choose not to answer questions, I imagine. 

In terms of helping someone run off that admitted to killing someone who is not yet wanted by police? I would think that's not illegal, but you might get shunned by your friends if that comes out. 

You can choose not to answer questions, I imagine. 

In terms of helping someone run off that admitted to killing someone who is not yet wanted by police? I would think that's not illegal, but you might get shunned by your friends if that comes out. 
i'll wait for the lawyers to chime in but that doesn't sound right.

I’m curious about this.  Assuming they helped him, they are fine to do so while he is not wanted by authorities, right?  What if he told them he killed her - I’m assuming that is still okay?  Legally, not morally.  

If he told them everything and the Feds questioned them asking if they knew anything then yes the parents are legally in trouble and could be charged with obstruction as well as aiding in the murder even if they didn't murder her themselves. So basically if they knew anything and led the FEDs on or lied they can be booked. 

Obviously, you can’t do that.  I’m more curious what is allowed in that situation when a person is not yet wanted by police.  

You can plead the 5th and ask not to speak to the feds without a lawyer present. The minute you start talking to the police and don't use that that right, and know things and lied you are screwed 

If he told them everything and the Feds questioned them asking if they knew anything then yes the parents are legally in trouble and could be charged with obstruction as well as aiding in the murder even if they didn't murder her themselves. So basically if they knew anything and led the FEDs on or lied they can be booked. 
Ok Perry Mason. We'll hold you to that legal commentary.

Ok... two assumptions: 1- he's dead, in which case game over other than finding the body and his motive. 2- he's hiding out or on the run.

If the latter, given how he's performed so far hiding the body (allegedly), do we expect him to be terribly good at being on the lam? If he's still alive, he's going to get caught pdq.

Gabby's friend says Laundrie is living out in the wilderness.

Brian Laundrie once lived in the rugged Appalachians — “by himself for months,” according to Gabby Petito’s best friend, who believes the fugitive is hiding out from cops under an open sky.

“He is out in the wilderness, I promise you,” Rose Davis told People, echoing observations from a co-worker and cops who have said Petito’s on-the-run boyfriend is capable of surviving alone in the wilderness.

That was my first thought too.

But Rudolph was a survivalist nut job who planned it out. This guy just seems to like to go camping.

Agree.  Also, and it seems distasteful to compare allegedly murderous jerk-faces, but Rudolph seemed a lot smarter than this guy.

Agree.  Also, and it seems distasteful to compare allegedly murderous jerk-faces, but Rudolph seemed a lot smarter than this guy.
Rudolph also had food.

Florida's not the arctic, but even the nutters on Alone typically don't make it more than 30-60 days without a reliable food source.  And he's no Roland.

ETA:  

Rudolph was finally caught foraging for food at a grocery store dumpster. How else did he gather food?

Mr. Swecker: A number of ways. His campsite had a lot of storage. He had a bunch of 55-gallon barrels buried in the ground, full of grain, soy, and oats. There was a granary about four miles from there, and he would go there at night. He said he always traveled at night. He would get a backpack of grain or whatever else and bring it back. He filled up these 55-gallon barrels and he said it was pretty good eating, actually. He also foraged around some of the restaurants, got the patterns down. He knew when vegetables were going to be put out on the loading dock. He knew how to live off the land, but he also knew how to live off the local restaurants and grocery stores.

That was my first thought too.

But Rudolph was a survivalist nut job who planned it out. This guy just seems to like to go camping.
Rudolph lived in the NC mountains for several years, and knew that mountain area well that he was hiding in. His mom and brother I think still live in the area. His brother is whacked too. Rudolph finally got caught when he was dumpster diving. 

48 Hours is really having some segment on this case in about 10 minutes east coast time.  

I think it is probable his parents (along with the attorney) helped him leave town, and made up the story about him going to the reserve and not coming back. 

48 Hours is really having some segment on this case in about 10 minutes east coast time.  

I think it is probable his parents (along with the attorney) helped him leave town, and made up the story about him going to the reserve and not coming back. 

I mean his car is there.   Need to be able to push past that point. 

I agree this guy is 1000 miles from here

Users who are viewing this thread