What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie: *** Official manhunt time *** (1 Viewer)

Gotta think it’s just to get him in and start interrogating. Wonder if it means that they have reason to believe that he is still alive and in the run rather than dead somewhere?
Props to his lawyer, who seems to be doing and saying exactly what you want a lawyer to do and say.  That said, I wonder if the visibility of the case made LE more timid in pursuing him than they would otherwise have been.  Maybe I watch too much tv*, but I can't help thinking that if this weren't national news, they would have found a reason to haul him in for questioning and put some pressure on him long before now.

*Let's be honest, there's no "maybe" about it...

Have to assume his parents are going to be subpeonaed for a grand jury soon, with the report coming out that the neighbor saw them drive away with him with a small camper after helping to load it up, about a week after he returned alone with the van. 

Something tells me they haven't been exactly honest so far, and the reserve thing was a lie to throw LE off his trail. 

Thanks for starting this thread.

I do get the impression the parents helped him in some way. I wonder what he told them.

I suspect he told them the truth.  If he had misled them to get them to help him, when they found out he wasn't truthful and if they have good morals you'd expect them to start cooperating.  But they haven't despite all the new information that has come out.  But they haven't been phased by anything.  IMO they're complicit with helping him escape. 

I haven't been following closely, but what makes this case different than all the other missing persons cases? Is the girl internet famous? Seems to me that so many people go missing and there are so many murder mysteries that nobody cares about.

Why this story?

I haven't been following closely, but what makes this case different than all the other missing persons cases? Is the girl internet famous? Seems to me that so many people go missing and there are so many murder mysteries that nobody cares about.

Why this story?

That question has been asked more than once.  I still don't think we know the answer, though a lot of people think they know.  If I were a parent of a missing 22 year old child and my case was ignored completely while this one dominated headlines for weeks, I'd be..........well, honestly, I don't know how I'd feel.  I hope I never get that chance.  It's all just sad.  

Why this story?

Most missing persons just disappear, like on their way to work or after a night out...those stories are boring to report.

This one had a couple vlogging their cross country travels, then we find out he comes home alone and went about life like nothing happened  for 11 days (mowing the lawn, riding bikes with his mom, going on a 3 day camping trip) before her family reports her missing,  he lawyers up and doesn't talk, then they find her body, then hes on the run and the manhunt is on....all the while, the internet explodes with self proclaimed sleuths that take the case and flood social media with videos, pictures, stories of sightings, interactions, theories, timelines, etc...

It's pretty easy to see why this story is so huge, it's quite the departure from your every day, run of the mill missing person story and has new twists and turns on a daily basis.

Most missing persons just disappear, like on their way to work or after a night out...those stories are boring to report.

This one had a couple vlogging their cross country travels, then we find out he comes home alone and went about life like nothing happened  for 11 days (mowing the lawn, riding bikes with his mom, going on a 3 day camping trip) before her family reports her missing,  he lawyers up and doesn't talk, then they find her body, then hes on the run and the manhunt is on....all the while, the internet explodes with self proclaimed sleuths that take the case and flood social media with videos, pictures, stories of sightings, interactions, theories, timelines, etc...

It's pretty easy to see why this story is so huge, it's quite the departure from your every day, run of the mill missing person story and has new twists and turns on a daily basis.
But this story was huge well before the twists, before the guy lawyers up, well before they find her body and the subsequent disappearance an manhunt. Vlogging isn't interesting unless she/they were already famous or had a significant following.

Why did the internet sleuths pick this case to latch onto weeks ago when it was every bit as "boring" at the next missing persons case?

Why this story?
The guy is an average looking, bald white dude, who has dirty feet from hiking barefoot.

But this story was huge well before the twists, before the guy lawyers up, well before they find her body and the subsequent disappearance an manhunt. Vlogging isn't interesting unless she/they were already famous or had a significant following.

Why did the internet sleuths pick this case to latch onto weeks ago when it was every bit as "boring" at the next missing persons case?
No it wasn't.

It got huge when her family both reported her missing AND said the boyfriend had returned home and wasn't saying anything. 

And that's reason enough for the story to blow up? I don't buy it.
I read some theories as to why this case garners so much more interest and it makes me sad. But it's consistent with the interest level in the FFA. Oh well.

I read some theories as to why this case garners so much more interest and it makes me sad. But it's consistent with the interest level in the FFA. Oh well.
It blew up also because she's a cute young white woman, and with their VLog, there was a lot of background sleuthing possibilities for those inclined.

She's an attractive blonde girl, and the person she had spent months with in a van suddenly appears halfway across the country without her and acts as if there is no problem.  Most missing persons cases we have no clue who the person was with and when.... which leads to dead ends.  The YouTube/IG/vlog stuff just adds fuel for the amateur sleuths.

They're internet vlogging the trip and they have a very public social media presence.  The various public arguments.  The cop video and the night apart.  The boyfriend driving back to Florida without her.  The boyfriend not reporting her being missing to the cops.  The boyfriend not even talking to the cops.  The car in the nature preserve.  The boyfriend goes missing.  The video of the van in the Tetons park.  And now a body.

I'm down with other stories deserve more ink, but this one has a LOT of stuff most missing person stories just don't have.

Last edited by a moderator:
some posters couldn't control themselves, it was disappointing to see.

Saw a mod make a comment about someone making disrespectful and racist comments or something and used the word disgusting. I was tryin to find it because I wanted to comment I think Brian's parents are leading the feds on. I think they know exactly where he is and gave them the Nat Reserve to buy their son more time. Got a feeling the Parents here are gonna see time in the slammer 

Saw a mod make a comment about someone making disrespectful and racist comments or something and used the word disgusting. I was tryin to find it because I wanted to comment I think Brian's parents are leading the feds on. I think they know exactly where he is and gave them the Nat Reserve to buy their son more time. Got a feeling the Parents here are gonna see time in the slammer 
i don't think he is in the Carlton reserve.  just my opinion.  his parents gave him a nice head start to run.   

i don't think he is in the Carlton reserve.  just my opinion.  his parents gave him a nice head start to run.   

Like I said I don't think he is either. Joe Walsh of catch a criminal doesn't even think Brian was ever really home besides 1 day. Parents say they didn't see him since X date but he's probably been gone longer then that. I can definitely see an instance where the parents get Jail time in this. Think they find Brian eventually. Question is will he being coming back in handcuffs or a bodybag. 

That question has been asked more than once.  I still don't think we know the answer, though a lot of people think they know.  If I were a parent of a missing 22 year old child and my case was ignored completely while this one dominated headlines for weeks, I'd be..........well, honestly, I don't know how I'd feel.  I hope I never get that chance.  It's all just sad.  

There's numerious reasons. I said in another thread a girl in my school who's mom worked at the school went missing. After the cops and feds realized she was a drug addict they seemed to lose interest in looking for her which is why her parents hired a PI for the case. Unfortunately there's a lot of reasons some cases get this coverage and others don't. My friend's sister maybe got a 2 minute thing on one news station here in Philly but no where else because they weren't interested in a drug addict missing person. She was a really pretty girl but the minute they found out drug addict a lot of places lost interest in the story. Every now and then randomly I see a random article updating previous reports but it's the same stuff being repeated. I could tell you the whole story word for word without reading it anymore. 

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
How would they know if he had permission or not?

I mean, I'm all for it if it works, but who makes that determination?
If she died before the date he used it then thats concerning especially since apparently he put over $1K worth of charges on it. 

True. Plus before he was just a "person of interest ". Now he's a fugitive and anyone who aids him is open to federal charges. 

Good point this allows the FEDs more options with his parents and possible bring them in as well for aiding a fugitive 

What were people saying that got it locked? I browsed the last few pages and nothing looked off, unless those specific posts were also deleted.
They were deleted. Mod mentioned something about racism and other disgusting things being made by some. I don't know exactly what it was or what was going on as the thread was locked by the time I got home and here. Apparently someone decided to show their true colors I guess you can say fortunately or unfortunately depending how you view wanting to associate with such people on a forum. 

I still can't believe this guy wasn't under surveillance after he returned with her van and without her.  
I said in the other thread if I were in charge of this and saw this kid wasn't under 24/7 surveillance I'd be looking to get rid of a few people and add to the unemployment line. Sure he's not arrested but seriously have people watching this kid. Shows how inept the people using our tax $$$$'s are at times.  

Have to assume his parents are going to be subpeonaed for a grand jury soon, with the report coming out that the neighbor saw them drive away with him with a small camper after helping to load it up, about a week after he returned alone with the van. 

Something tells me they haven't been exactly honest so far, and the reserve thing was a lie to throw LE off his trail. 

Didn't;t read this yet. Did this just come out today? if too this is big 

They were big in the blogging community already. Just because you may not have known who they were others did 

How many other cases have the publicly available photo/video trail leading up to her disappearance that this one does? Of course internet sleuths were focussed on this one…there’s a ####-ton of “evidence” on the internet to pore over. I feel like folks asking “why all the attention on this one?” are being intentionally obtuse. The inequity point is legit, but this is a bad example to use to make it.

How many other cases have the publicly available photo/video trail leading up to her disappearance that this one does? Of course internet sleuths were focussed on this one…there’s a ####-ton of “evidence” on the internet to pore over. I feel like folks asking “why all the attention on this one?” are being intentionally obtuse. The inequity point is legit, but this is a bad example to use to make it.
Not likely. I saw some article today that called it "missing white woman syndrome". But of course that wouldn't apply to the FBGs. Anyway, I have my answer. Carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread