What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Arrival" the movie (1 Viewer)

Anyone else read the original short story? There's a minor change in the movie that I still think about. It's a very interesting choice by the writer.

I'm a fan of science fiction in general but Ted Chiang really breaks the mold. He's a master at using alternate / future / alien worlds to examine the human condition. His stories are at times extremely uncomfortable and often include emotional gut-punches. Here's a useful comprehensive Ted Chiang post on Metafilter from about a year ago - The sublime science fiction of Ted Chiang. I'm not sure of the legality of this, but the post contains links to many of his stories. "Story of Your Life" is the basis for Arrival - it is fantastic writing.

Most recently, he wrote an article about Chat GPT in the New Yorker. I've printed it and have been carrying it around in my brief case with all the other stuff I want to read for a week or so but haven't gotten to reading it yet. ChatGPT Is a Blurry JPEG of the Web

Users who are viewing this thread