What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ask Rob Rang Questions Here (1 Viewer)

In a similiar vein as "englishteacher", I'm interested in tiers in this draft,especially the 1st round and the 3rd round. I have always loved the second and early 3rd round since I see similiar value from picks 20 thru 70. Your take? If you were a GM with a top 10 pick and were offered a trade down, how far would you be willing to drop in this 2006 draft? Thanks for being available. I miss J. Bushbaum's willingness to include negatives about a player in the player's profile. An avid NFL DRaftnik since 1985.

Help for the RB's in 2006?

I believe that good RB's need good blocking TE's/FB's to reach the next level. Can you descibe the impact that moves during the off season have made on current RB's, potential busts due to player movement, and the blocking that the top 5 RB's can expect to see from their potential teams?

I know it was mentioned by some, but it was on my mind. Do the Texans really have to take Bush? I know he is the #1 pick in the draft by many, but that does not mean he is the best fit for the Texans. Will they be trading down?

In the draft this year...what position do you think has the strongest showing this year? What position has the weakest? (to me it looks like CB is pretty strong and WR is pretty weak)

And now my Patriots question...with 2 third and 2 fourth rounders, do you see them moving up at all? I have read that the 21st pick could be a pinnacle spot for some teams if some of the top players slide. Could they actually trade the first rounder/3rd and 4th rounders and go after more second round picks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rob,

Hope these questions aren't too hard but allow you to have some fun with them.

1) Living just above New Orleans on the northshore of Lake Pontchartrain, we have watched the Saints screw up draft pick after draft pick, game after game, season after season. . . Well, you get the point. With the Saints having the second pick and the option of trading down and the plethora of needs and numerous postions, is there any way they can screw this up???

2) What was going through your mind when you were watching the draft the year the Minnesota Vikings failed to make it to the podium within their fifteen minute allotment and then repeated the blunder moments later??

3) How is it possible that professional scouts with years of observing athletes and having what I would guess would be extensive interviews/information on the players' characters at their finger tips, etc. can miss so severely on their predictions for say a Ryan Leaf, a Steve Emtman, a Brian Bosworth? Wouldn't the combination of the measurements of their physical talent and a good man-to-man, heart-to-heart talk do much to reveal how this person will turn out in the NFL?

4) Where does a scout like you get the information you base your predictions on? Have you personally met all the players expected to be drafted in the first round or is much of your opinion based on game tape?

5) Looking way down deep into your heart of hearts, what is it telling you that we will be saying about Reggie Bush in ten years?

Thanks for your time, Rob. I don't know all that's involved but I feel fairly confident saying, I wish I had your job. Peace out.

:thumbup:

Hi Rob,

How about a Cowboy question. First off who do you see Dallas taking at 18?

Secondly, I would love to see how you rank the following 3 players for 3-4 OLB's.

Carpenter

Wimbley

Lawson

Thanks

Is there a link anywhere to Robs Mock Draft? It would probably take care of who he thinks each team will take in the first round. :D

if super mario and brick are off the board when the packers pick comes up at 1.05...what's the best possible trade down offer ted thompson can expect?

Antonio Cromartie (CB, FSU) is becoming the wild card of the first round after sitting out all of 2005 with ACL and MCL tears and then recovering to blow teams away at the combine and at his personal workout. Rumor has it that the Chargers (#19) and Patriots (#21) have had him in for personal visits. Any idea where he'll end up?

Mods/Joe...... whoever,

Can we not get some questions in about fav teams or Defensive prospects?. Instead of just questions about every QB/RB/WR available this year.

FF drafts are a long way away. Everyone can figure it out after the draft. Am I the only who feels like this?

I thought DD was pasting Qs over there

Probably a good thing as he seems to word them better

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish we could get a follow up question in on Vernon Davis...Will he still be great if he goes to the 49ers?

#1.

Ahead of all except for Winslow in terms of his athleticism/size combination. Ahead of Winslow because of Winslow's character concerns when he came out. Kid really is a terrific talent. Been quite some time since a TE was selected before a WR...

Mods/Joe...... whoever,

Can we not get some questions in about fav teams or Defensive prospects?. Instead of just questions about every QB/RB/WR available this year.

FF drafts are a long way away. Everyone can figure it out after the draft. Am I the only who feels like this?
Thanks Banker. We're going to put the main focus on the position guys just simply because that's what we do more of. If we have time, we'll try to get some team questions in. Thanks.

J

Glad you guys liked it. I'm sorry we couldn't get to every question but we tried to hit what we felt most of our audience was looking for. We'll never be able to hit everything.

I thought Rob did a great job there. It's not easy to field that many players at one time. Guy definitely is on his game.

J

Like Joe said - Rob was clearly on top of his game here. I thought he answered everything with great takes.

Our plan is to get more of these draft experts on the site in the coming weeks. We will focus some additional talks on team needs, IDP, etc.

But all in all, I am very pleased how this went. Thanks to everyone that submitted such great questions.

Like Joe said - Rob was clearly on top of his game here. I thought he answered everything with great takes.

Our plan is to get more of these draft experts on the site in the coming weeks. We will focus some additional talks on team needs, IDP, etc.

But all in all, I am very pleased how this went. Thanks to everyone that submitted such great questions.
I like checking out nfldraftcountdown.com....Maybe Scott would be available for something like this. :2cents:
Scott Wright is the founder and President of NFL Draft Countdown.com. He has been scouting players and evaluating the NFL Draft since 1993.

An authority in the field, Scott has been featured as an NFL Draft expert by media outlets across the country and is a member of the Football Writers Association of America.

Wright invests countless hours per week evaluating game film and maintaining this site. His passion for the Draft and scouting players comes through in his work and he has historically had some of the most complete and precise mock drafts available, including a 1st place finish in 2004.

NFL Draft Countdown.com has continued to grow over the years and now is the most popular NFL Draft site in the world. Scott is dedicated to bringing visitors the most accurate and informative site possible while continuing to cater to everyone from the novice fan to the most avid draftnik. All 100% FREE!

Scott Wright is available for radio, print and television interviews. To set up an interview please e-mail scott@nfldraftcountdown.com.

Just wanted to say great job David and thanks for doing this guys. I'm a member at DraftScout and it is really a great site.

Users who are viewing this thread