What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

At NYC jury duty... AMA (1 Viewer)

Going shopping at century 21 while I'm down here
Now we cooking.

Can you please compare and contrast to pre-pandemic Century 21? Did you go into the Annex (where all the good **** it is)?

Pre-closure, the **** had already been going downhill for years in terms of quality designers.

But I only ran in... It's totally rearranged. I don't think there's an Annex any more and that double height space facing TWC is totally closed off. Mens is on the 3rd floor now. Some decent designers... I got an All Saints shirt and some socks.

They need 12 extras from NYC to play jurors on each episode of Law & Order. Maybe they can use bored people like yourself waiting around in the jury room.

I have only be picked once as an alternate. Ironically I had a work trip to NYC to work closely with one of the biggest names in my line of work that I really wanted to do - otherwise I would have enjoyed the process.

Think there were around 30 of us. They only needed a few to serve as alternates.

Judge went one by one asking if we could serve. I was ready to give my work story and was towards the end of the pool.

A guy before me said he was some type of special surgeon and was one of only a couple in the city. Was practically standing up to walk out and the judge said he needed to stay, so my work trip probably wasn’t going to fly.

When it got to me I said I couldn’t serve because I thought the guy was guilty from the details we had heard so far (was kind of true). The defendant lawyer kind of scolded me a bit about innocent before gully or some such thing. I stuck to my guns and said nope think he’s guilty (he had violated a restraining order and I said I couldn’t get past this detail),

I got dismissed and the doctor guy and I locked eyes and he gave me nod 😂

Had an amazing trip to NYC, one of best work trips I have ever had in 20 plus years at this job.

I have only be picked once as an alternate. Ironically I had a work trip to NYC to work closely with one of the biggest names in my line of work that I really wanted to do - otherwise I would have enjoyed the process.

Think there were around 30 of us. They only needed a few to serve as alternates.

Judge went one by one asking if we could serve. I was ready to give my work story and was towards the end of the pool.

A guy before me said he was some type of special surgeon and was one of only a couple in the city. Was practically standing up to walk out and the judge said he needed to stay, so my work trip probably wasn’t going to fly.

When it got to me I said I couldn’t serve because I thought the guy was guilty from the details we had heard so far (was kind of true). The defendant lawyer kind of scolded me a bit about innocent before gully or some such thing. I stuck to my guns and said nope think he’s guilty (he had violated a restraining order and I said I couldn’t get past this detail),

I got dismissed and the doctor guy and I locked eyes and he gave me nod 😂

Had an amazing trip to NYC, one of best work trips I have ever had in 20 plus years at this job.
"Cool."

/John Oliver

I get called every couple years, usually get excused when I tell them my Dad is a criminal defense attorney and I have a criminology degree.
I can also expand to my Uncle, Cousin, Cousin's husband and the best man at my wedding all being attorneys if it helps get me excused.

Made the mistake of noting a friend was in the FBI. Kind of countered the Crim Defense Attorney side. That got me on a 2-3 day jury but the witnesses didn't want to show so the case was dropped.

I get called every couple years, usually get excused when I tell them my Dad is a criminal defense attorney and I have a criminology degree.
I can also expand to my Uncle, Cousin, Cousin's husband and the best man at my wedding all being attorneys if it helps get me excused.

Made the mistake of noting a friend was in the FBI. Kind of countered the Crim Defense Attorney side. That got me on a 2-3 day jury but the witnesses didn't want to show so the case was dropped.
Yeah, I'd question you and your family's decision-making abilities. That's just too many lawyers surrounding you. :wink:

Can't really see how the criminology background would matter on a civil trial. It wouldn't be a big deal to me in voir dire.

You sound like Mona Lisa Vito from My Cousin Vinny.

Nah her family was at least useful.

If only I looked that good....
Yeah.

You blend.
The defense is WRRRRRRONNG

Users who are viewing this thread