What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Atlanta at New Orleans -3.5 (49)** (1 Viewer)

Ryan throws almost an interception on 2nd and 2...

Ryan takes a sack on 3rd and 2 and a sure FG opportunity. 

Ryan then throws an interception towards the end zone on a Hail Mary that wasn't close. 

awful

I've never seen an untimed down awarded on the last play of a half due to a penalty on the team that started the play on offense.

Did they actually give them a play?  Was watching on redzone and they didn't show it.
The offense can decline the free play, I believe.  Similar to running off the field with a few seconds remaining in the 4th quarter.

Not sure about that.  If Thomas didn’t drop that one right through his hands or that last third down were better, things would be different. 
I actually missed this Thomas drop, but the Saintsreport crew is posting about it. It would’ve been a TD?

Not sure about that.  If Thomas didn’t drop that one right through his hands or that last third down were better, things would be different.  I don’t think his passing looks too bad.  Not understanding some of the playcalling
This.

That was a bad drop by Thomas and killed the drive and took points away. Hill's numbers would look pretty good with that play added in.

Hill's numbers would look pretty good with that play added in.
Starting to come around, anyway.

I like Sean Payton’s call to go for the TD on fourth down there. He would’ve been roasted if it didn’t work ... but it did.

Matt Ryan is so clumsy and indecisive today. I know he's under a lot of pressure but man it's frustrating to watch. Reminds me of his backup during his time here. Very Schaub-esque the way he's taking these turtle sacks

I haven't seen anything on the injury thread about Hurst today. For those of you watching is he just getting blanketed or has he been out of game due to injury? 

I haven't seen anything on the injury thread about Hurst today. For those of you watching is he just getting blanketed or has he been out of game due to injury? 
Falcons can’t get anything going in the passing game. Saints entire DL is winning their one-on-one battles and pressuring Ryan. 5 sacks and numerous knockdowns so far for the Saints D.

Falcons can’t get anything going in the passing game. Saints entire DL is winning their one-on-one battles and pressuring Ryan. 5 sacks and numerous knockdowns so far for the Saints D.
Yeah. A kick in the nuts having Hurst and playing against the Saints D.

Yeah. A kick in the nuts having Hurst and playing against the Saints D.
Saints have a rep for bad defense, but they came into the game ranked 4th in the NFL In total defense. Their D line rotates three dangerous pass rushers, and DT David Onyemata is playing at an All Pro level.

Saints have a rep for bad defense, but they came into the game ranked 4th in the NFL In total defense. Their D line rotates three dangerous pass rushers, and DT David Onyemata is playing at an All Pro level.
Oh no doubt they have been solid.  Still hurts when trying to gain FF position.

Now see there ... that’s an element that’s been missing from the Saints offense for a long time.

Taysom Hill is kryptonite for Kamara.  Two TD runs in the red zone and no receptions for Kamara today.  

Taysom Hill is kryptonite for Kamara.  Two TD runs in the red zone and no receptions for Kamara today.  
I think Payton can scheme to rectify that. But for today, when Kamara draws or clears out defenders ... Hill’s legs can make the defense pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problem. I have a huge and irrational hate for Taysom Hill.

I admit it. I admit it makes no sense and the guy has done nothing to me or my team.

I just hate gadgetry for gadgetry sake, which I thins Taysom's game revolves around. I think this kind of player is just fluff in the NFL. I think Payton is using him to look clever and progressive and forward leaning. I even hate his name (Taysom?).

So I love to see him try to run and lose the ball on a fumble.

It's petty, it doesn't make sense, it's unfair to Hill, but had to vent. I feel better now.

Julio with a big catch. Looks like he isn't running with usual speed so not confident he'll get anything else.

But good to see him in and targeted in this drive.

Until Ryan gives the drive up with a poor INT. 

I just hate gadgetry for gadgetry sake, which I thins Taysom's game revolves around. I think this kind of player is just fluff in the NFL.
I’ll say this much — now that he’s the starting QB, the gadgetry you’re talking about has to get dialed way back. If for nothing else, to keep him healthy.

I know it's a tough spot and not all his fault, but I will never own Matt Ryan again. He's so jittery back there and he can't run a lick. He's awful without Julio.

The Saints won't run away and hide on the scoreboard like they did at Tampa, but I see this as a comfortable two-score game with the Saints up late in the fourth quarter. The Falcons might score very late to draw within a score, but that's as close as I can see them coming today
I usually blow my pregame predictions—nice to hit on one for once :D  

Saints left points on the field, too, but we’ll take it.

Keep in mind, that was Taysom Hill’s very first NFL start. Today should not represent Taysom’s ceiling ... though I’ll be interested to see how Sean Payton adjusts the offense to counter what defenses do once they start breaking down Hill’s film.

Saints left points on the field, too, but we’ll take it.

Keep in mind, that was Taysom Hill’s very first NFL start. Today should not represent Taysom’s ceiling ... though I’ll be interested to see how Sean Payton adjusts the offense to counter what defenses do once they start breaking down Hill’s film.
Sean Payton trolling with the Roddy White retweet ..... :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread