What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Australia Survivor (1 Viewer)

rustycolts

Footballguy
Thought I would start a thread on Aussie version since it seems more and more people are watching it. We won't disrupt the flow of the other thread that way.

If folks want to access a legal way to watch you can go to Facebook page The Tribe has spoken and watch every episode of every season.

Getting caught up on this season. Once again I think it's head and shoulders above our version. Really starting to like Jordy I love the caos causes. Luke was good at that and I love that guy. I'd love to see him on our version. 

Last edited by a moderator:
my take on this season is : pre merge was tremendous , post merge some ballsy non moves but some very dumb strategic moves 

there are tons of great characters in AUS
The challenges and twists are way better plus everyone accepts good game play and doesn't whine or not vote for the best player  

Double elimination pulling from the big brother playbook. I was really liking Mark and Sam in the beginning not so much now.

Big fan but I don't mix versions, so I'll check in here after US is over. I like to let AUS pile up so I can bridge between the other seasons.

my take on this season is : pre merge was tremendous , post merge some ballsy non moves but some very dumb strategic moves 

there are tons of great characters in AUS
The challenges and twists are way better plus everyone accepts good game play and doesn't whine or not vote for the best player  
Agreed.  But it’s picking up.  The idols have people shook.  

If you are caught up.  Sundays tribal is bananas.  
the twist was major and i think it was too much 
the twist was definitely great for the game though
it was played great

the idol play was ballsy and correct in my opinion 

i dont want to say too much in case other havent watched it 

the twist was major and i think it was too much 
the twist was definitely great for the game though
it was played great

the idol play was ballsy and correct in my opinion 

i dont want to say too much in case other havent watched it 
Very ballsy.  i couldnt have made that decision but man it was the right play.

Thought I would start a thread on Aussie version since it seems more and more people are watching it. We won't disrupt the flow of the other thread that way.

Getting caught up on this season. Once again I think it's head and shoulders above our version. Really starting to like Jordy I love the caos causes. Luke was good at that and I love that guy. I'd love to see him on our version. 
hey @rustycolts  you should edit the 1st post add the facebook group " the tribe has spoken" so everyone can find where to watch all the past season of AUS , NZ and SA plus the currents season 
so no one asks to keep asking 

Quite the turn of events going on  now. It's about time someone didn't blab about having an advantage. Sam is quite an actress. 

waiver wire said:
hey @rustycolts  you should edit the 1st post add the facebook group " the tribe has spoken" so everyone can find where to watch all the past season of AUS , NZ and SA plus the currents season 
so no one asks to keep asking 
Please ignore my prior post :lmao:

I had avoided this thread up till now because I was several episodes behind, but just got caught up last night.  To start, I am not at all a fan of purgatory, especially when they do it by sending 4 there and then bring 75% of them back into the game.  I'd be a little more inclined to allow it if they sent 3 or 4 to purgatory and only let one back, but even then, I just don't care for it.  If someone gets voted out, they should be out - end of story.

I'm not too torn up about Sam getting voted out because I don't think she had a shot at winning regardless.  I suppose some can call stealing Jesse's idol "great gameplay" but it still crosses an imaginary line for me, and I think many on the jury feel the same and wouldn't vote for her.  I'm not a huge fan of Jordie, but there is no doubt that he's an incredible Survivor player, obviously physically but his social game is right up there with some of the best as well.  I'm really looking forward to how the Mark/Jordie/Josh collision course will play out as we get to "the pointy end of the stick" as they like to say.  I think one of those 3 will win Blood vs. Water.

I had avoided this thread up till now because I was several episodes behind, but just got caught up last night.  To start, I am not at all a fan of purgatory, especially when they do it by sending 4 there and then bring 75% of them back into the game.  I'd be a little more inclined to allow it if they sent 3 or 4 to purgatory and only let one back, but even then, I just don't care for it.  If someone gets voted out, they should be out - end of story.

I'm not too torn up about Sam getting voted out because I don't think she had a shot at winning regardless.  I suppose some can call stealing Jesse's idol "great gameplay" but it still crosses an imaginary line for me, and I think many on the jury feel the same and wouldn't vote for her.  I'm not a huge fan of Jordie, but there is no doubt that he's an incredible Survivor player, obviously physically but his social game is right up there with some of the best as well.  I'm really looking forward to how the Mark/Jordie/Josh collision course will play out as we get to "the pointy end of the stick" as they like to say.  I think one of those 3 will win Blood vs. Water.
Agreed.  one of them should win.  I was very impressed at their idol play.  The other thread talks about never talking about the idol and you can see why here.  They executed to perfection imo with some very ballsy moves.  Frankly im also shocked the majority didnt take a shot earlier at Sam and Mark.  Now Mark has two idols which is going to be tough to combat.  Also people may think there is only one as they may think Sam left with hers or not believe she had a second. 

Should be interesting!!!!

I also didnt mind purgatory. I also feel bringing more people back makes it more interesting.  You bring one back and its typically that person that goes next, this gave them a shot and changed the game. 

Jordies playing a very good game.  THough may be pissing some folks off.  If its him and Mark, it would be tough.  Sam has all the blood on her hands not Mark.  I wouldnt put Jordie up there with the likes of King George for example though. 

Prior to the finale, I would've ranked the final four from most likely to least likely to win as:
Josh > Shay > Mark > Chrissy

Once Josh didn't win final immunity, it was obvious that he had to go.  Prior to final tribal council, I thought Shay had the upper hand due to not as much blood on her hands and just  due to her being on the bottom so long outlasting every attempt to get her out.  I thought the jury would have at least some problems with Mark (moreso through Sam and Jesse's stolen idol) that would make it tough for him to win.  But Mark completely dominated the final tribal from beginning to end.  He nailed every one of his answers, even the tough ones about the stolen idol and voting Josh out.  In contrast, Shay fell flat on her face with several of her answers.  I was happy to see Mark win, a very deserving winner in hindsight.

Prior to the finale, I would've ranked the final four from most likely to least likely to win as:
Josh > Shay > Mark > Chrissy

Once Josh didn't win final immunity, it was obvious that he had to go.  Prior to final tribal council, I thought Shay had the upper hand due to not as much blood on her hands and just  due to her being on the bottom so long outlasting every attempt to get her out.  I thought the jury would have at least some problems with Mark (moreso through Sam and Jesse's stolen idol) that would make it tough for him to win.  But Mark completely dominated the final tribal from beginning to end.  He nailed every one of his answers, even the tough ones about the stolen idol and voting Josh out.  In contrast, Shay fell flat on her face with several of her answers.  I was happy to see Mark win, a very deserving winner in hindsight.
agreed.  Ive noticed for the most part Aussie Survivor respects gameplay.  But ultimately, Mark owned final tribal.  I think Shay could have made a case but she did a horrendous job at doing so. 

Do we think Josh would have beat Mark if he was there?  Judging Marks performance im not sure he would have though i liked his game better. 

Good season.  Probably one of my least favorites that i have watched of the aussie brand but still good.  I want to see Nina back. I really think she could have won this thing if she stayed.  She has everything her mom has and is also better at challenges.  Jordie was my favorite this season. 

agreed.  Ive noticed for the most part Aussie Survivor respects gameplay.  But ultimately, Mark owned final tribal.  I think Shay could have made a case but she did a horrendous job at doing so. 

Do we think Josh would have beat Mark if he was there?  Judging Marks performance im not sure he would have though i liked his game better. 

Good season.  Probably one of my least favorites that i have watched of the aussie brand but still good.  I want to see Nina back. I really think she could have won this thing if she stayed.  She has everything her mom has and is also better at challenges.  Jordie was my favorite this season. 

Agree that I would love to see Nina back at some point.  I told my wife last night that they should totally do a US vs. AUS Survivor that is dual-hosted with Jeff and Jonathan.  Make it two tribes of 16v16 or at least 12v12 and make it long like the AUS one instead of the shortened US one that I despise.  That would be epic.  

Now that the season is over, hopefully they put past seasons back on Paramount Plus.

Agree that I would love to see Nina back at some point.  I told my wife last night that they should totally do a US vs. AUS Survivor that is dual-hosted with Jeff and Jonathan.  Make it two tribes of 16v16 or at least 12v12 and make it long like the AUS one instead of the shortened US one that I despise.  That would be epic.  
That would be amazing. Make Jeff and Jonathan compete too!

I finally sat down to watch the last 2 episodes 
i want to say Mark was perfect in his jury pitch and and answers and almost perfect during the season 
Shay was a great competitor and dominated challenges but from the edit , really was not that  strategic during the season and blew her chances at the end by her answers    
Chrissy , yeah great social game but did nothing during the season 

why i prefer AUS over US survivor is better challenges and the players really support each other during the games and dont hold grudges when voting 

we haven't started the latest season yet... but will get to it next.

we just finished S5- all-stars. such an interesting comparison to the current US season. it lacks diversity in a huge way, but everybody is sooo good- as superfans of the show, but also as social, smart AND physical players. lots of epic challenges and inner-drama. and a really deserving winner. really prefer the Aussie versions I've seen. the only small quibble I have- food never seems to be an issue there. plenty to eat, even if it's just rice and fruit (and I think beans?). their food reward challenges- seems like it's more about finally getting to eat a little more and something good rather than being actually starving.

watching the current US version... it's great they have the diversity finally. and those are all genuine super-fans. but couldn't they have had more than 2 or 3 people who are physically capable of doing... anything? I've never seen such a pitiful assortment of superfan nerds- and it definitely gets in the way of my enjoyment watching it- especially knowing they're gunning for any of the handful of actually physically competent players. there has to be a diverse group of potential cast members out there who aren't so physically inept.

getting back to the diversity thing...I visited Fiji once 30 years ago- absolute dream vacation. two things really struck me at that time: the Fijians, as a culture, are insanely nice... we had people go so far out of their way to help us in a few different situations- and refuse any kind offering in response, payment or otherwise. it's just built into their culture to be nice to the people around them. Fiji is a popular spot for Australian tourists- kinda like Hawaii for the US- most of the other tourists we saw there were Australian, which leads me to the 2nd thing. despite this incredible cultural niceness, I watched time and again Australian tourists act in the most despicable overtly racist and rude way to the locals, both native pacific islander or Indian (fairly large Indian population because of the british connection); it was genuinely shocking. I know this was a generation ago since I visited- but when I see Australian survivor so white, it raises some flags. I've watched 3 seasons, and the only aboriginal contestant I've seen was a politician who was voted out, IIRC, first... could be a coincidence... maybe. but tbh- I still completely enjoy the show and prefer it to the US version... just a thought I had after watching the recent season and watching the last couple of the US.

we haven't started the latest season yet... but will get to it next.

we just finished S5- all-stars. such an interesting comparison to the current US season. it lacks diversity in a huge way, but everybody is sooo good- as superfans of the show, but also as social, smart AND physical players. lots of epic challenges and inner-drama. and a really deserving winner. really prefer the Aussie versions I've seen. the only small quibble I have- food never seems to be an issue there. plenty to eat, even if it's just rice and fruit (and I think beans?). their food reward challenges- seems like it's more about finally getting to eat a little more and something good rather than being actually starving.

watching the current US version... it's great they have the diversity finally. and those are all genuine super-fans. but couldn't they have had more than 2 or 3 people who are physically capable of doing... anything? I've never seen such a pitiful assortment of superfan nerds- and it definitely gets in the way of my enjoyment watching it- especially knowing they're gunning for any of the handful of actually physically competent players. there has to be a diverse group of potential cast members out there who aren't so physically inept.

getting back to the diversity thing...I visited Fiji once 30 years ago- absolute dream vacation. two things really struck me at that time: the Fijians, as a culture, are insanely nice... we had people go so far out of their way to help us in a few different situations- and refuse any kind offering in response, payment or otherwise. it's just built into their culture to be nice to the people around them. Fiji is a popular spot for Australian tourists- kinda like Hawaii for the US- most of the other tourists we saw there were Australian, which leads me to the 2nd thing. despite this incredible cultural niceness, I watched time and again Australian tourists act in the most despicable overtly racist and rude way to the locals, both native pacific islander or Indian (fairly large Indian population because of the british connection); it was genuinely shocking. I know this was a generation ago since I visited- but when I see Australian survivor so white, it raises some flags. I've watched 3 seasons, and the only aboriginal contestant I've seen was a politician who was voted out, IIRC, first... could be a coincidence... maybe. but tbh- I still completely enjoy the show and prefer it to the US version... just a thought I had after watching the recent season and watching the last couple of the US.
Without knowing what was said in those situations, As someone that has been around a lot of aussies and is married to one i have noticed that they have zero filter.  Generally most mean well but have zero filter at all and are not politically correct.  And when they are in holiday they throw down!

Of course that doesn’t mean there aren’t some(or a lot) racist ones.  I’ve totally been told to go back to where i came from whilst in Australia 🤷🏽‍♂️

now i need to book a trip to fiji!  Been on my list for a while.  

Without knowing what was said in those situations, As someone that has been around a lot of aussies and is married to one i have noticed that they have zero filter.  Generally most mean well but have zero filter at all and are not politically correct.  And when they are in holiday they throw down!

Of course that doesn’t mean there aren’t some(or a lot) racist ones.  I’ve totally been told to go back to where i came from whilst in Australia 🤷🏽‍♂️

now i need to book a trip to fiji!  Been on my list for a while.  
I'll say the expat Aussies I've met over the years have all been amazing...not at all like the people I saw on that trip.

Is the Facebook group still the only way to watch this in the USA? 
I think so i don’t believe it’s been added to paramount +. Yet.

fyi you don’t have to watch it there.  The group has links to download or stream to your tv pretty much every season.  

Yikes those folks on that trip sound like they were quite the group then.  
Yeah...it wasn't a confined group, per se- it was regular repeated racist behavior from many different Aussies in different locations over the course of a week. Enough to make an impression that right or wrong stuck with me.

Just finished AUS Blood V Water. Great season. Great plays. I didn't even want Mark to win going into final tribal but he begrudgingly made me OK with him getting the victory. He's a bit of a bully, a jerk, he talks over people, and he totally misplayed the secret second idol and risked his game since he didn't win the next immunity. But he got the job done.

One note I caught about the Teapot Twist... that was probably producer intervention, right? The clue under the teapot said only something like "your advantage is very easy to find, next to the well". It was the advantage parchment found next to the well that said "you can remove 3 people from tribal." But... if someone besides KJ had purchased the tea... does anyone doubt the advantage next to the well would have been different? If someone in the majority bought the teapot, the advantage would have been different... right? Or am I the only one that thinks they used this two-step clue to plant the second advantage that they wanted that player to have? 

One note I caught about the Teapot Twist... that was probably producer intervention, right? The clue under the teapot said only something like "your advantage is very easy to find, next to the well". It was the advantage parchment found next to the well that said "you can remove 3 people from tribal." But... if someone besides KJ had purchased the tea... does anyone doubt the advantage next to the well would have been different? If someone in the majority bought the teapot, the advantage would have been different... right? Or am I the only one that thinks they used this two-step clue to plant the second advantage that they wanted that player to have? 
producer intervention imo likely happens.  They want a competitive game.  They can only do so much but i do think they do things to help with the competitive balance of the game.

producer intervention imo likely happens.  They want a competitive game.  They can only do so much but i do think they do things to help with the competitive balance of the game.
Yeah it was just so heavy-handed... they literally decided "we're going to make sure one person from the majority goes home at any cost to the game". It came across to me as a major intervention. 

I can't think of a better metaphor for how Australian Survivor is a souped-up version of the US show than the massive challenge with the balls on the tracks that came in episode 23. It's been on the US as a six-to-eight foot tall set of tracks, "Simmotion".  But in Australian, it was two stories high and 30 feet long and they had to climb stairs to do it. Crazy how much more intense the Australian version is. 

Watched first 2 episodes of New season heros vs villains. Looks like as usual it's going to be better than our version.
George is back. Flick is also back for eye candy. Also Shawnee.

Watched first 2 episodes of New season heros vs villains. Looks like as usual it's going to be better than our version.
George is back. Flick is also back for eye candy. Also Shawnee.
Refresh my memory where you are watching this?
I watch it on Bee TV it's like the terrarium app for firestick. Also on Facebook the group the tribe has spoken has links so you can watch it either on Facebook or on your TV.
I also bet if you searched reddit you could find links there.

Users who are viewing this thread