What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Backup RB prospects (1 Viewer)

puckalicious

Footballguy
With NYG in a slight RBBC, and with Maroney injured in NE, who has the better chance at producing something in the short term?

Ward splits about 40/60 or 30/70 with Jacobs and also gets 2-3 receptions every week.

Faulk split about 50/50 last week with Morris, is this expected if Maroney is out next week? What's the latest on him?

I would think that Ward will get more opportunity, but based on SOS over the next 4 weeks NE has a softer schedule than NYG.

Assuming Maroney is out for the next several weeks (I have no idea if this is valid), who do you think will put up the better FF stat line over that time?

Faulk and Ward

If you say that really fast you'll know what I (Jacobs owner) was saying Monday night. :lmao:

To answer your ?, Faulk slightly.

Ward is garaunteed 10 touches a game for at least 50 yards, and if Jacobs goes down he's a top10 RB1.

Faulk is all over the map, he'll get 2-10 touches/game for 10-50 yards, and has a better chance of seeing the endzone. He needs 4 guys to get hurt before he'd be a stud.

Any given game I think Faulk has a little more upside as a starter over Ward, but not by much (better chance of a TD, more receptions, less consistency in yardage). As I bench player/spot starter I prefer Ward, due to his upside if Jacobs goes down.

Ward is garaunteed 10 touches a game for at least 50 yards, and if Jacobs goes down he's a top10 RB1.Faulk is all over the map, he'll get 2-10 touches/game for 10-50 yards, and has a better chance of seeing the endzone. He needs 4 guys to get hurt before he'd be a stud.Any given game I think Faulk has a little more upside as a starter over Ward, but not by much (better chance of a TD, more receptions, less consistency in yardage). As I bench player/spot starter I prefer Ward, due to his upside if Jacobs goes down.
I would agree with this. Ward for the Bench and Faulk for the start.

Does Maroney's injury really affect Faulk that much, if at all? That's obviously DY's areas of expertise, but seems like their roles are pretty different in that offense.

Grabbed Sammy Morris off the wire this morning. I think he is a better play than Faulk but I doubt I'll be starting him any time soon.

Ward is garaunteed 10 touches a game for at least 50 yards, and if Jacobs goes down he's a top10 RB1....As I bench player/spot starter I prefer Ward, due to his upside if Jacobs goes down.
I disagree with this for two reasons:1. The Giants have the worst RB strength of schedule of all 32 teams for both the rest of the season and for the final four weeks of the season. For the remainder of the season, it is 10% worse than anyone else's by some measures. Week 7 vs. SF is the only favorable rushing matchup the Giants have this year, and Jacobs is healthy entering that game.2. I fully epxect the Giants will use Bradshaw in a RBBC with Ward if Jacobs is out.Each of these issues lowers Ward's value from a potential RB1 into a mid-to-low RB2 at best.Still, I would recommend him over Faulk due to the Giants being more likely to stick with the running game.

Ward is garaunteed 10 touches a game for at least 50 yards, and if Jacobs goes down he's a top10 RB1....As I bench player/spot starter I prefer Ward, due to his upside if Jacobs goes down.
I disagree with this for two reasons:1. The Giants have the worst RB strength of schedule of all 32 teams for both the rest of the season and for the final four weeks of the season. For the remainder of the season, it is 10% worse than anyone else's by some measures. Week 7 vs. SF is the only favorable rushing matchup the Giants have this year, and Jacobs is healthy entering that game.2. I fully epxect the Giants will use Bradshaw in a RBBC with Ward if Jacobs is out.Each of these issues lowers Ward's value from a potential RB1 into a mid-to-low RB2 at best.Still, I would recommend him over Faulk due to the Giants being more likely to stick with the running game.
The giants can run the ball. Their "strength of schedule" has minimal impact (those numbers are overrated anyway).

I have Ward in both of my leagues and will probably play him in one league over Deuce, Benson or Chester Taylor. In my other league Morris and Ward will both ride the pine unless Calvin Johnson can't go. Then I may gamble on Morris. Problem is Ward is almost always a guaranteed 5 pts with the potential for more. He looks like he is one tackle away from breaking a big run almost every time he touches the ball. Morris playing on Monday night though and against a suspect Denver run defense. I may just flip a coin. :rolleyes:

The giants can run the ball. Their "strength of schedule" has minimal impact (those numbers are overrated anyway).
I agree that SoS is often overrated, but it is still worth considering. In this case, there is an extreme difference between the defenses the Giants have been facing and what they will be facing in Weeks 8-15. They will have played one of the three easiest schedules thru Week 7, then play the hardest schedule in Weeks 8-15.My point is mainly that I would be very surprised if Ward ended up as even a low RB1 given the schedule and Bradshaw. I still stand by that.

Users who are viewing this thread