What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Backup RBs in the NFL (1 Viewer)

JMon348

Footballguy
Give me your list in order of the best backup RB's in the NFL

Interested in the ratings of-

Mewelde Moore

Chris Perry

Marion Barber

Mike Anderson

Ryan Moats

Kevean Barlow?

Cant wait to see responses

:blackdot:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think Priest Holmes if he comes back should be up there

Chris Perry will probl. get the most #1 votes

Chris Perry

Michael Turner

TJ Duckett

(I happen to have all 3 in one league)

MeMoore

MB3

Cedric Houston

Dom Davis ;)

Chris Perry. The dude is slowly pulling Rudi off the field.

I agree with Barber, MM, and even Mike Anderson. I would also like to nominate a healthy Michael Bennett (if there is such a thing).

I have a preference for decent veteran backups to rookies. Since I don't know where the rookie RBs are this year, I don't know which decent veteran backups to rookies I like this year.

Give me your list in order of the best backup RB's in the NFL

Interested in the ratings of-

Mewelde Moore

Chris Perry

Marion Barber

Mike Anderson

Ryan Moats

Kevean Barlow?

Cant wait to see responses

:blackdot:
Michael TurnerChris Perry

Moore (Taylor couldn't stay healthy even as a part-time back)

Greg Jones

Moats

M3

Anderson (I think Jamal bounces back)

Mike Anderson (has to be listed as the 2)

Dom Davis (soon)

Marshall Faulk

Ricky Williams

Michael Turner

Michael Pittman

Maurice Morris

Cedric Benson

TJ Duckett

Kevin Faulk

Ryan Moats

Marion Barber

Chris Perry

Cedrick Houston

Nick Goings

Duce Staley

Michael Bennett

Travis Henry

Ladell Betts

Dominic Rhodes (soon)

Samkon Gado

LaBrandon ToeField

Mewelde Moore

Kevan Barlow (behind Gore)

Ron Dayne (behind Bell)

Shawn Bryson

Lee Suggs

Justin Fargas

Just to name a few ;)

Travis Henry is my bounceback candidate for 2006. It's not like the guy can't play, and it's not like he was old. He had a bunch of injuries last year and as a result Chris Brown got most of the PT but I think he'll challenge for a whole lot more this year. Even if he doesn't win the starting job Brown always seems to miss time hurt so he could step into the role that way. And once he's in, I'd like to think he'd stay there.

Priest Holmes. He's only a few years removed from being the best FF player in the league. If he comes back healthy, he will be great when he sees action.

Chris Perry. The dude is slowly pulling Rudi off the field.

I agree with Barber, MM, and even Mike Anderson. I would also like to nominate a healthy Michael Bennett (if there is such a thing).
I like Perry, but we're looking at two injury plagued seasons from Perry. Flashes of use in the passing game and token carries. Not sure how that equates to pulling Rudi off the field.

I like Perry, but we're looking at two injury plagued seasons from Perry. Flashes of use in the passing game and token carries. Not sure how that equates to pulling Rudi off the field.
Perry does have a more august pedigree than Rudi. He was rated one of the top RBs in the draft, if you recall, and was a 1st round pick. I think he could really begin to cut into Rudi's carries as long as he avoids injury.

Perry does have a more august pedigree than Rudi. He was rated one of the top RBs in the draft, if you recall, and was a 1st round pick. I think he could really begin to cut into Rudi's carries as long as he avoids injury.
He was drafted earlier than guys who are considered much more valuable in fantasy. I think he could be one of the top backs in his class. I have been calling him one of my main super value plays since last August. The kid has oodles of ability and is a great athlete -- the question is durability. But for the cheap price, and with his tremendous upside, he is well worth it.If he stays healthy and ever earns that job, I would not be in the least bit surprised to see Chris Perry be a top 5 fantasy RB.

Derrick Blaylock. He played great when he was a Chief. Got hurt last year in NY and Houston got the opportunity, but I think if C-Mart goes down again this year, he could have a shot.

Michael "THE BURNER" Turner
why do you think so?
Code:
+--------------------------+-------------------------+                 |          Rushing         |        Receiving        |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards    Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2004 sdg |  13 |    20    104    5.2    0 |     4      8   2.0    0 || 2005 sdg |  16 |    57    335    5.9    3 |     0      0   0.0    0 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+|  TOTAL   |  29 |    77    439    5.7    3 |     4      8   2.0    0 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

DD

Holmes

R.Williams

T.Henry

Benson

Perry

M.Anderson

Duckett

Moats

Barber^3

That would be my top 10

Turner is one of the most undervalued players in dynasty leagues right now. He has shown me more than enough to think that A) he will get a feature back job down the line and B) he will do well with it. I think people are hung up on the fact that he wasn't a high draft pick (mid 5th round). If NFL GMs could have had his game tape from his NFL career so far shipped back in time before the 04 draft, he would have went a lot higher.

Turner is one of the most undervalued players in dynasty leagues right now. He has shown me more than enough to think that A) he will get a feature back job down the line and B) he will do well with it. I think people are hung up on the fact that he wasn't a high draft pick (mid 5th round). If NFL GMs could have had his game tape from his NFL career so far shipped back in time before the 04 draft, he would have went a lot higher.
I think its just that Marty seems to know how to get the most out of all his RBs and if he is to get this op you speak of, it will come in another system with LT in town (most likely of course). A system I and most probably have far less confidence in. As far as ability, I think the guys I listed are all better.

Dom Davis (soon)

Marshall Faulk

Ricky Williams

Michael Turner

Michael Pittman

Maurice Morris

Cedric Benson

TJ Duckett

Kevin Faulk

Ryan Moats

Marion Barber

Chris Perry

Cedrick Houston

Nick Goings

Duce Staley

Michael Bennett

Travis Henry

Ladell Betts

Dominic Rhodes (soon)

Samkon Gado

LaBrandon ToeField

Mewelde Moore

Ron Dayne (behind Bell)

Shawn Bryson

Lee Suggs

Justin Fargas

Just to name a few ;)
Is it good or bad that i own so many of these guys in a dynasty?

I think people are hung up on the fact that he wasn't a high draft pick (mid 5th round). If NFL GMs could have had his game tape from his NFL career so far shipped back in time before the 04 draft, he would have went a lot higher.
If they watched his college game film he should have gone a lot higher as well. He is 13th on the NCAA's all-time rushing list (4,941 yards).

Derrick Blaylock. He played great when he was a Chief. Got hurt last year in NY and Houston got the opportunity, but I think if C-Mart goes down again this year, he could have a shot.
Didn't list him as I view him as the 3rd, not 2nd (Houston), back.

Dom Davis (soon)

Marshall Faulk

Ricky Williams

Michael Turner

Michael Pittman

Maurice Morris

Cedric Benson

TJ Duckett

Kevin Faulk

Ryan Moats

Marion Barber

Chris Perry

Cedrick Houston

Nick Goings

Duce Staley

Michael Bennett

Travis Henry

Ladell Betts

Dominic Rhodes (soon)

Samkon Gado

LaBrandon ToeField

Mewelde Moore

Ron Dayne (behind Bell)

Shawn Bryson

Lee Suggs

Justin Fargas

Just to name a few ;)
Is it good or bad that i own so many of these guys in a dynasty?
Good, unless that's all you got.Hopefully you have 1-2 #1 guys, otherwise start trading the 2s to the owner of the 1s for upgrades. You'd also be best served to have the backup / 2nd back to two of the backs an owner has - you can give him say Perry for Rudi's backup and get Warrick Dunn to couple with Duckett, for example.

Happy trading.

Ok, so does any RB. You could put Ron Dayne / Lamar Gordon, aunt mellie in KC and have success.

Top 10

Ricky Williams

Benson

Domanick Davis

Duckett

Perry

Holmes

Gore (Barlow is still official starter)

Greg Jones

Maurice Morris

Henry

Ok, so does any RB. You could put Ron Dayne / Lamar Gordon, aunt mellie in KC and have success.
Well, up to a point. But the whole you could put my grandmother behind that line and she'd run for 1000 yards argument isn't so clearcut in KC as with Denver.In Denver, the evidence is striking. Elite guys like Terrell Davis and Portis have excelled, but then distinctly average guys like Olandis Gary, Reuben Droughns, Mike Anderson and even Quentin Griffin for a brief spell have done well too. So clearly it is the line and the system to some extent.In KC, both Priest and LJ have excelled, but then they're superb backs too. Obviously the KC line is great, but they're not making those two the backs they are. Now, the experience of Blaylock wasn't really sustained enough to allow us to come to a definitive conclusion. I thought he looked speedy and sharp enough that it wasn't just the line. I think he'd have a good shot elsewhere.

One negative might be that guy (Chatman?) that was cut and hasn't done much of anything since. He was well liked as "potential" and LTs backup. Maybe that makes people think. System?I don't see him very useful in SD. I realize you alluded to him playing for another team. While he's there though he's not going to be too productive IMO. Aside from LT, I expect Sproles to get a handful of touches too. Also in limitted preseason time I've kinda liked FB Pinnock. IIRC He had a bunch of catches last year and looked like he could be a 4th and 1 chain mover. So IMO as LT's backup he's just part of an arsenal.

Ok, so does any RB.
Well then how about when he was a Chief he was better or on par with LJ. :P

One negative might be that guy (Chatman?) that was cut and hasn't done much of anything since. He was well liked as "potential" and LTs backup. Maybe that makes people think. System?I don't see him very useful in SD. I realize you alluded to him playing for another team. While he's there though he's not going to be too productive IMO. Aside from LT, I expect Sproles to get a handful of touches too. Also in limitted preseason time I've kinda liked FB Pinnock. IIRC He had a bunch of catches last year and looked like he could be a 4th and 1 chain mover. So IMO as LT's backup he's just part of an arsenal.
You're right, Jesse Chatman did look really good a couple years ago. I think he was successful because of the system. In fact, chatman was cut mostly because of the emergence of Turner, as well as the fact that he didn't rehab himself well in the offseason and came to camp overweight.But Turner is a much bigger and more physical back than Chatman, plus he has break away speed. If LT were to miss any time, Chatman would put up huge numbers, and next year he could be the next Lamont Jordan.

You don't know much about Michael Turner if you are comparing him to the likes of Antonio Chatman. Time will show you the difference.

You don't know much about Michael Turner if you are comparing him to the likes of Antonio Chatman. Time will show you the difference.
nah jesse chatman? jesse? hmmm

Whichever. Jesse. Antonio. Jimmy. Regardless Turner is a future NFL starter.

Whichever. Jesse. Antonio. Jimmy. Regardless Turner is a future NFL starter.
I didn't compare them, all I stated was that Chatman might make teams think system with Turner. See a few posts up, toxicbees post.

Users who are viewing this thread