What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

bad mojo & the Patriots this year - see Falcons after Vick ordeal (1 Viewer)

LittleLarry

Footballguy
I have a very bad feeling about the fantasy prospects of Patriot players this year. I am actively trying to avoid all of them in my drafts. After everything that happened with Hernandez, I worry there may be a pall over this organization for the entire season.

This has happened before! After Vick went through his troubles in 2007 the Atlanta Falcons had one of their worst seasons ever. From wiki:

They finished the 2007 season with a disappointing record of 4–12 and failed to improve upon their 7–9 record in 2006 after finishing third place in the NFC South. The team attempted to overcome the controversy surrounding starting quarterback Michael Vick and his involvement in an illegal dog fighting ring
I am curious about other cases of off-field events affecting the performance of sports teams. Are there other examples/non-examples?

Especially since the Pats built their team around Hernandez like the Falcons did with Vick.

Could get cray cray

It has to be some level of distraction. But, to an NFL team, losing your QB is more disruptive.

I would be more concerned about the large amount of turnover in the receiving corps than just focusing on Hernandez. They still have Brady and other talented players. I suspect the key will be Gronkowski.

Was gonna say this earlier but I had hoped it would drift into the thread graveyard.

This thread is literally worse than the thread about players tweets regarding the Zimmerman trial - which was the lowest point this board has ever seen imo.

NFL teams should start hiring palm readers for the Combine interviews.

Can you imagine if the Patriots had known Hernandez was gonna murder a few guys? They would have waited until at LEAST the 5h round to take him.

Is it ok if I do this?

:IBTL:

Because I always wanted to do that and this seems like the perfect place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Losing your 3rd receiving option in Hernandez is not quite the same as losing your QB and franchise player in Vick. That, and NE still has Hoodie and 1 of the best QBs to ever play the game.

Not sure if I can think of any examples of what you are looking for off the top of my head, but I do have an example of a worthless idiotic thread if you are interested.

Well, at least the OP logged in with an alias before drinking and posting...
:shrug: I apologize for wasting your time and bandwidth.

However it is my opinion Patriot players will be a bad fantasy investment this season due to this distraction. Could be right, could be wrong. Just like every other guess in this forum. Carry on--

Well, at least the OP logged in with an alias before drinking and posting...
:shrug: I apologize for wasting your time and bandwidth.

However it is my opinion Patriot players will be a bad fantasy investment this season due to this distraction. Could be right, could be wrong. Just like every other guess in this forum. Carry on--
Fortunately for the rest of us, we don't have threads about the price of beer at games and whether it will negatively affect the team or not. This one is straddling the line right now.

NFL teams should start hiring palm readers for the Combine interviews.

Can you imagine if the Patriots had known Hernandez was gonna murder a few guys? They would have waited until at LEAST the 5h round to take him.
No they would have taken him in the 4th still, but they would have traded him to some I expecting team before the extension. Like they did with Moss to the Vikings.

after 5 weeks... the top ranked NE player in my league at #39 overall is....

Julian Edelman

I knew this was going to happen.

LittleLarry said:

Julian Edelman

Aug 5 to Oct 9 - You waited a long time to blow your own horn.

LittleLarry said:

Julian Edelman

Man you nailed it, who could've foreseen that the results of a murder investigation would lead to a team that has fielded a vastly inferior receiving corp that - surprise - performing as if they were vastly inferior.

LittleLarry said:

Julian Edelman

Man you nailed it, who could've foreseen that the results of a murder investigation would lead to a team that has fielded a vastly inferior receiving corp that - surprise - performing as if they were vastly inferior.
I know you're a Pats fan.

Sorry.

LittleLarry said:

Julian Edelman

I know you're a Pats fan.

Sorry.
I know, I can't believe they lost to the Bengals. 15-1 will have to do.

LittleLarry said:

Julian Edelman

Aug 5 to Oct 9 - You waited a long time to blow your own horn.
If no one else is going to blow your horn, you might as well blow your own
As a jets fan, if you're right for the whole season, I'll buy u a cake or Edible Arrangements. If we make it to the Super Bowl I'll buy u both. If we win the Super Bowl I'll kiss u on the mouth

This #### again? I hate superstitious, irrational people.
Some always have to be censored to prove a point I guess.

Mojo and vibes as well as karma exists, you don't have to believe it but you will still suffer from it nonetheless. that makes me just another one of those superstitious irrational people.

Feel free to report me now that I disagreed with you, AGAIN.

This #### again? I hate superstitious, irrational people.
Some always have to be censored to prove a point I guess.

Mojo and vibes as well as karma exists, you don't have to believe it but you will still suffer from it nonetheless. that makes me just another one of those superstitious irrational people.

Feel free to report me now that I disagreed with you, AGAIN.
There's no need to report you, you do an adequate enough job proving everyone's point with each and every post.

I'll report back when I start suffering from negative "mojo, vibes, and karma". But then I'll probably just light incense and twirl a dream catcher before I go to sleep, should solve everything.

Users who are viewing this thread