What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears to the Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

I remember when I had my first  :banned:   too.
sts....The defense is looking pretty aggressive tonight though.... :)
It's fun :pokey: you, but you take it so well. About time you get something to cheer for. FYI...The Bears used to be my main rooting interest before Wanny came in and the Panthers joined the league.

I'm not even drinking this Kool-Aid.Bears defense has the ability to be amongst the very best in the league, but the pass offense has a ways to go.

can't you just bump useless predictions from years past?:yearlyGRIDhonda:

Are the Bears gonna get a discount on their Superbowl tickets if they buy them from Mike Tice?

It's nice to get a bit giddy in August, tisn't it ?Grossman does have "believe or not, a Farve like persona". I still feel it is a couple years away. Bears will take the NFC NORTH in '06. :yes:

Luckily the Bears starters will be playing more than these slugs...

Sage flippin Rosenfels?
Better watch what you say about Sage Flippin' Rosenfels. He was worth 7 against that "outstanding" defense the Bears have this year.

Impressed with the 1st team D....depth is a major concern though. We knew that all along but it sticks out more when you actually see it.We need Benson in camp ASAP, to run this offense the ways its supposed to be run. I dont think Turner has confidence in TJ to pound it between the tackles, and frankly he shouldnt

Screw Grossman, we've got Orton!

...and a fourth quarter lead.

Crank back up that bandwagon!!!

BEARS!
Did you start :banned: early???
He was obviously being sarcastic. But, if the Bears defense can stay healthy, they are going to be very, very good.

I thought Grossman looked okay. He overthrew Berrien on a sure TD. Threw to Muhsin over the middle and after the play Muhsin was shaking his finger at him to say..."don't force that ball to me if I'm covered". He seemed to not be in control when Miami Blitzed. The defense looked good but if the injuries start to mount up forget it.The Super Bowl???? I want a hit off of that................. :excited:

Bleedin' orange and blue Bears fan here. The season obviously depends on Grossman. If he's healthy, we'll be in decent shape. The O-line looks much improved and adding Moose makes our passing game an actual threat. Once Rex settles down into a groove, things will start rolling. TJ will run his heart out, but I'm with RBM--get Cedric in camp and let's play Bears football the way it's meant to be played: between the tackles and straight North-South. Lovin' (no pun intended) what I see in the D. Everyone scrambling to the ball, pressure up front, hard hits (did you see what Urlacher did to poor AJ?). Lookin' good if we can stay out of IR. Already missing RW on the punt/kick returns. I don't think Berrain is the answer--too tentative--which brings me to my first gripe....Bernard Berrian should not be the #2 WR. He looked awful. Exactly how many balls hit him square in the hands that he dropped? Too many. I know he's got the wheels for the big downfield play but ya' gotta catch the thing. Bradley looked good (he and Orton are the future of the Bears. When we DO go to the Super Bowl again, they'll be at the helm--bank on it.) but still has a ways to go. Not sure why we didn't see more of Gage, but to me he's the natural #2 right now. SB this year? Nah. Panthers had a similar team that did it a few years back, and anything's possible, but I'm not drinking that Kool Aid just yet. Of course, if Christmas comes and we've got a playoff birth lined up with a home game, you'll be hearing a whoooooole different chirp from this Bird. ;)BEAR DOWN.....

Yea, I liked the agressiveness of the D, but one things that kinda scared me was they, at times, may have been OVER aggressive. There were plays where the defender was so anxious to get to the ball that they overpursued and the ballcarrier made a quick move and blew past the defender for a few extra yards. Instead of a loss or a short gain they made it a 4-6 yard gain. If they can control their agrressiveness at the right times they will be solid.As far as the offense, they look MUCH better than last year. Orton looked good for a rookie and will only get better. Grossman will not be a FF stud but will post decent numbers if he stays healthy. IF he does get hurt again, at least i have more confidence in our backups than I did last year.

Strange that Gage was listed as the #2 but he was nowhere to be found, and Berrian just loaded up on targets. I would love to see Bradley emerge sooner rather than later; thats the kind of playmaker we have needed at the wr position for a long, long, long timeThe offense under Ron Turner actually resembled a pro offense. Organized, fluid, and smart play-calling. That brought a smile to my face.

Screw 'Bears' football. Lets play effective football, wherever that leads. And where it seems to lead with every successful team in the league is passing at least 60% of the time and being able to go downfield to some degree.

The Bears defense looked good, but was it because of their ability OR the absolutely horrid performance by a lousy Dolphin O-line in their first game of the year? Probably a combination of both factors.

Orton impressed me. Made a killer bad read and throw on the int/TD, but was chucking it all over the place and looked good. Can the Bears actually groom a NFL QB? I like Grossman, he is a firey little guy, not convinced he is a long term answer, but we've seen worse. Kind of Flutie-ish. Hopefully his injuries are behind him and he can play a season.Totally agree about Benson, all the other backs were getting stuffed, except that big fat guy who scored the late TD and will be cut by regular season. I still can't believe Bradley got the yards he did. Maybe I was getting 16 and 19 mixed up. Still looks like a project to me, but I liked the pick and hope he contributes. Moose is a stud, and looks to be undervalued fantasy wise. He will do more than Booker ever did and Marty was a decent fantasy starter in his day.Best player who will get cut was Carl Ford. Dude made some nice grabs.Got to believe Ced is waiting for Brown to sign. Phins look to need Ronnie in a big way too. Hurry up.Stat graphic of the night, the 16 Bears starting QB's since 1996. I agree with passing on Rodgers this year, but the Bears HAVE to find a QB to anchor this team for years. Hated how they slid down passing on Culpepper and I also think they had a chance at Leftwich too but traded out. Benson may or may not be an anchor at RB, but I wish this years draft had better QB talent. Looks like they will have a high pick next year, which they will hopefully address the QB.D was fun to watch. Liked to see Vasher on the blitz. Not sure why they are showing that in preseason. Also BU forearm to Feeley seemed uncalled for, but a win is a win. Savor it Bears, not many more to come this year.

Actually I think this is more possible than you guys are giving credit for.Detroit isn't a far drive from Chicago and Mike Tice could scalp all the Bears players Super Bowl tickets.

Actually I think this is more possible than you guys are giving credit for.

Detroit isn't a far drive from Chicago and Mike Tice could scalp all the Bears players Super Bowl tickets.
Get your own original material. :rolleyes:

Screw Grossman, we've got Orton!

...and a fourth quarter lead.

Crank back up that bandwagon!!!

BEARS!
Did you start :banned: early???
He was obviously being sarcastic. But, if the Bears defense can stay healthy, they are going to be very, very good.
In 5 of the last 6 seasons, the Bears third string QB in training camp has started during the season. Sarcastic? I think not.... Who ever would have thought that some late round draft pick named Tom Brady would unseat 'the great' Drew Bledsoe?

Screw 'Bears' football. Lets play effective football, wherever that leads. And where it seems to lead with every successful team in the league is passing at least 60% of the time and being able to go downfield to some degree.
What? The strength of the Bears team is the DEFENSE. You do not throw the ball 60% with a defense like that. POUND THE BALL!!!! The bears offense is not good enough to throw the ball 60% of the time. Get cedric in camp and let him a TJ run all game long.

The first team to score a TD on American soil will march all the way to the Super Bowl.

BEARS!

Etch it in stone...

Knock it down!
What, is a forced march to Detroit some kind of post-season punishment for losing? Will they have to wear 50-lb. backpacks? Does the NFLPA know about this threat? I guess they're lucky the Super Bowl is relatively close to Chicago.

3-1 after beating the undefeated Buffalo Bills.

NEXT!

(that would be the Cleveland Browns)
You know a half of real football does not equal a whole game.. Have a drink... :banned: Your going to see this thread every week..

3-1 after beating the undefeated Buffalo Bills.

NEXT!

(that would be the Cleveland Browns)
Then it's on the Super Bowl of preseason!!!! As long as Hutchinson plays any reg season snaps Bears don't sniff the playoffs. Orton will at least make them competitive.

After a one week derailing of the Chicago Bears Super Bowl Bandwagon, we have righted the ship, and we're rolling full speed ahead.An APB has been put out for Bears SS Mike Brown after he made Lions QB Joey Heatherton and TE Marcus ####wad his personal beaotchs!

Users who are viewing this thread