What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears v. Packers Week (1 Viewer)

Cutler will be sacked 6 times, get his typical happy feet, heaving passess off his back foot, have one of his fumbles returned for a td as well as one of his int

Bears D is not SF D.

Bears O line is bad, bad, bad

Pack by 10 (really 17 as bears score last td with 20 seconds left)
I like the way you think kid.
:goodposting: Most accurate prediction IMO. I think it is reasonable to predict that Cutler has a turnover and gets sacked 4-6 times tonight. The turnovers will decide the game, and I like GB to win that ratio tonight. Rodgers has a history of being efficient in games after throwing interceptions. He's thrown interceptions in 27 games and only 11 times the next game did he throw one, which is slightly better than his overall percentage of games throwing INT. It shows he isn't fazed by making mistakes and doesn't compound errors. I expect Rodgers to be razor sharp tonight and that's going to make it tough on the Bears.
I know you Packer fans don't read the newspaper much, but Mike Martz is no longer the OC in Chicago. 7 step drops and the inability to audible out of obvious poor play calls are no longer standard operating procedure for the Bears. You will soon realize this... in about 6 hours :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the chance for Lovie to start the first thing he set out to accomplish when he took the job but hasn't, beat the Packers. 2-7 in last 9 games against the Pack. Here's your chance, Lovie. Bear down!!!
Typical flapgreen, always bagging on the Bears while ignoring facts and looking at the worst possible angles. Lovie won his first game against Green Bay and in his first 8 went 6-2 while sweeping all 4 games played on the Frozen Tundra. The history shows:Date........Result.....Winner

9/19/04.....21–10.....Chicago

1/2/05.......31–14.....Packers - Chad Hutchinson is the starting QB

12/4/05.....19–7......Chicago

12/25/05...24–17.....Chicago

9/10/06.....26–0......Chicago

12/31/06...26–7......Packers - Last game of season 1st round Bye locked up

10/7/07.....27–20.....Chicago

12/23/07...35–7......Chicago

11/16/08...37–3......Packers - Grossman injured, Orton off the bench

12/22/08...20–17.....Chicago

9/13/09.....21–15.....Packers - Cutler's first game as a Bear, throws 4 picks

12/13/09...21–14.....Packers

9/27/10.....20–17.....Chicago

1/2/11.......10–3......Packers

1/23/11.....21-14.....Packers - Cutler injured, Collins then Hanie off the bench

9/25/11.....27-17.....Packers - Finley's 3 TD game

12/25/11...35-21.....Packers - Cutler and Forte on IR, McCown and Bell starting

You are such a bitter fan you might as well end it and become a Packer.
Yeah yeah yeah...Never! Years of disappointment have caused me to become bitter. I'll get over if we can put a run together like the Pack have over the last 15 or so years.
Over the past 15 years:Overall record - GB 152/88 - CHI 114/126

Division Champions - GB 6 - CHI 5

NFC Champions - GB 2 - CHI 1

SB Win - GB 1 - CHI 0

Those numbers are pretty close, and you take away Chicago's offensive implosion in the Super Bowl and IMO it's pretty much a draw. And Green Bay has done it with 2 quarterbacks who are quite possibly first ballot Hall Of Fame inductees. I get the feeling you'd still ##### about something even if the Bears won the next 3 Super Bowls.
If you think the Bears and Green Bay have been even remotely close over the last 15 years, you are more delusional than I thought. You left out a lot of key statistics in your numbers that I won't even get into, like number of playoff appearances, number of winning season, and the Pack have TWO championships. Except for a few delusional homers, most would laugh at the comparison between the two franchises. I'm just realistic. Let's end the conversation here.

Cutler will be sacked 6 times, get his typical happy feet, heaving passess off his back foot, have one of his fumbles returned for a td as well as one of his intBears D is not SF D.Bears O line is bad, bad, badPack by 10 (really 17 as bears score last td with 20 seconds left)
:goodposting: Most accurate prediction IMO. I think it is reasonable to predict that Cutler has a turnover and gets sacked 4-5 times tonight. The turnovers will decide the game, and I like GB to win that ratio tonight. Rodgers has a history of being efficient in games after throwing interceptions. He's thrown interceptions in 27 games and only 11 times the next game did he throw one, which is slightly better than his overall percentage of games throwing INT. It shows he isn't fazed by making mistakes and doesn't compound errors. I expect Rodgers to be razor sharp tonight and that's going to make it tough on the Bears.
I hope you're wrong. I think the sacks were a combination of poor o-line play, bad playcalling, mediocre WR's, and the inability to audible. The offensive line is the one part without significant changes; but better WR's, audibles, and Tice's playcalling should all maximize the o-lines ability to protect. Keeping Jay clean is the key IMO. Rodgers will get his, it's a just a matter of Chicago's O being able to get more.

Packers 16Bears 10in the rain
Cept it's not supposed to rain during the game (unless you consider 10% "supposed to")
UPDATE!Packers 56Bears 44untold riches!
It's still a little early to start drinking, no?If you put your rifle down, take off your camo and go lie down for a few hours, you might be able to see straight by game time. YWIA.
Oh I get it I'm from TEXAS!!! :lmao: X1,000I better get off here, I have 200 head that I need to get across the county line before kickoff.

The thing I like about the Bears/Packer rivalry is that it has some mutual respect. Not really "hate" (although losing that NFC Championship game actually made be nauseous) - more like extreme displeasure over losing.

Now the Lions or Vikings?? #### them.

This is the chance for Lovie to start the first thing he set out to accomplish when he took the job but hasn't, beat the Packers. 2-7 in last 9 games against the Pack. Here's your chance, Lovie. Bear down!!!
Typical flapgreen, always bagging on the Bears while ignoring facts and looking at the worst possible angles. Lovie won his first game against Green Bay and in his first 8 went 6-2 while sweeping all 4 games played on the Frozen Tundra yet you say he needs to start to accomplish it? The history shows:1/2/11.......10–3......Packers -

1/23/11.....21-14.....Packers - Cutler injured, Collins then Hanie off the bench

1/2/11.......10–3......Packers - Bears, with nothing to play for, kept all starters in for 4 quarters1/23/11.....21-14.....Packers - Cutler injured, Collins then Hanie off the bench NFC Championship game

Just helping out :)

The thing I like about the Bears/Packer rivalry is that it has some mutual respect. Not really "hate" (although losing that NFC Championship game actually made be nauseous) - more like extreme displeasure over losing. Now the Lions or Vikings?? #### them.
I think fantasy football has to do with it, and modern free agency.long ago the players play their whole career with a team, now they move around more. and in fantasy football, you watch and own players from others teams including the rival ones, and you realize the talent on the field regardless of the uniform.

This is the part where I confess that I'm starting Cutler tonight.

:bag:
:lmao: The packer fan in one of my dynasty leagues also has Cutler. The kicker is he traded for him right before the draft.
I took him at the 9/10 turn, the Bears fan took someone I wanted right ahead of me, and I suspected he had is eye on Cutler for the way back. This week in particular, I am going against Rodgers, so I figure, at least if Cutler outplays Rodgers I will get a consolation prize.

Cutler will be sacked 6 times, get his typical happy feet, heaving passess off his back foot, have one of his fumbles returned for a td as well as one of his intBears D is not SF D.Bears O line is bad, bad, badPack by 10 (really 17 as bears score last td with 20 seconds left)
:goodposting: Most accurate prediction IMO. I think it is reasonable to predict that Cutler has a turnover and gets sacked 4-6 times tonight. The turnovers will decide the game, and I like GB to win that ratio tonight. Rodgers has a history of being efficient in games after throwing interceptions. He's thrown interceptions in 27 games and only 11 times the next game did he throw one, which is slightly better than his overall percentage of games throwing INT. It shows he isn't fazed by making mistakes and doesn't compound errors. I expect Rodgers to be razor sharp tonight and that's going to make it tough on the Bears.
Are you going to throw out that Rodgers has thrown an INT in 5 out of 8 games vs Chicago?
No, but I will say that his TD:INT ratio the past 3 years against Chicago is 11-3. I don't really care about interceptions 4 years ago in his first year starting.

This is the part where I confess that I'm starting Cutler tonight.

:bag:
:lmao: The packer fan in one of my dynasty leagues also has Cutler. The kicker is he traded for him right before the draft.
I took him at the 9/10 turn, the Bears fan took someone I wanted right ahead of me, and I suspected he had is eye on Cutler for the way back. This week in particular, I am going against Rodgers, so I figure, at least if Cutler outplays Rodgers I will get a consolation prize.
There you go. I am starting Finley with the same trepidation. I still dont know what I will do if he catches a 40 yard TD to give the Packers a lead in the 4th quarter. I might just scream "####!" while smiling ear to ear.

The thing I like about the Bears/Packer rivalry is that it has some mutual respect. Not really "hate" (although losing that NFC Championship game actually made be nauseous) - more like extreme displeasure over losing. Now the Lions or Vikings?? #### them.
+1

You must be a young guy. This is a hated rivalry. Did you miss Charles Martin taking away a Super Bowl ring from Chicago?

Yeah yeah yeah...Never! Years of disappointment have caused me to become bitter. I'll get over if we can put a run together like the Pack have over the last 15 or so years.
Over the past 15 years:Overall record - GB 152/88 - CHI 114/126Division Champions - GB 6 - CHI 5NFC Champions - GB 2 - CHI 1SB Win - GB 1 - CHI 0Those numbers are pretty close, and you take away Chicago's offensive implosion in the Super Bowl and IMO it's pretty much a draw. And Green Bay has done it with 2 quarterbacks who are quite possibly first ballot Hall Of Fame inductees. I get the feeling you'd still ##### about something even if the Bears won the next 3 Super Bowls.
If you think the Bears and Green Bay have been even remotely close over the last 15 years, you are more delusional than I thought. You left out a lot of key statistics in your numbers that I won't even get into, like number of playoff appearances, number of winning season, and the Pack have TWO championships. Except for a few delusional homers, most would laugh at the comparison between the two franchises. I'm just realistic. Let's end the conversation here.
Actually you're wrong. You have to go back 16 seasons to get the Packers other Super Bowl win, and since you called out 15 years I only went to 15. As for the other things you mentioned (playoff appearances, winning seasons) IMO it doesn't matter. The Super Bowl is the "be all end all" measuring stick of every season. If the Bears pull their Rex out of their Grossman in XLI and get the win I'm calling it pretty much a wash.

Are you going to throw out that Rodgers has thrown an INT in 5 out of 8 games vs Chicago?
No, but I will say that his TD:INT ratio the past 3 years against Chicago is 11-3. I don't really care about interceptions 4 years ago in his first year starting.
Can I throw out Cutler's numbers when he didn't have professional WR's then?

Typical flapgreen, always bagging on the Bears while ignoring facts and looking at the worst possible angles. Lovie won his first game against Green Bay and in his first 8 went 6-2 while sweeping all 4 games played on the Frozen Tundra yet you say he needs to start to accomplish it? The history shows:1/2/11.......10–3......Packers - 1/23/11.....21-14.....Packers - Cutler injured, Collins then Hanie off the bench 9/25/11.....27-17.....Packers - Finley's 3 TD game12/25/11...35-21.....Packers - Cutler and Forte on IR, McCown and Bell starting
1/2/11.......10–3......Packers - Bears, with nothing to play for, kept all starters in for 4 quarters1/23/11.....21-14.....Packers - Cutler injured, Collins then Hanie off the bench NFC Championship gameJust helping out
You forgot to include the part where the 10-3 win allowed the Packers to make the playoffs. Yes, those games (along with XLI loss) still burn in the core of my very being and will still be smoldering until the day I die. The only thing that offers any consolation is that I know Packer fans must have a similar reaction to 15-1.

You must be a young guy. This is a hated rivalry. Did you miss Charles Martin taking away a Super Bowl ring from Chicago?
Young? Thanks. Do you consider the answer to life, the universe and everything to be "young"? If so, then yes, I am young if not...:finger: ;)

Cutler will be sacked 6 times, get his typical happy feet, heaving passess off his back foot, have one of his fumbles returned for a td as well as one of his int

Bears D is not SF D.

I know you Packer fans don't read the newspaper much, but Mike Martz is no longer the OC in Chicago. 7 step drops and the inability to audible out of obvious poor play calls are no longer standard operating procedure for the Bears. You will soon realize this... in about 6 hours :banned:
And they are not playing Indy this week either. And there was plenty of pressure on Cutler early in that game too right? Even without Martz.Clay is licking his chops right now.

Bears D is not SF D.

And they are not playing Indy this week either. And there was plenty of pressure on Cutler early in that game too right? Even without Martz.Clay is licking his chops right now.
Doubt he has time with all the shampooing, conditioning, and brushing he does.

Ummm...the Colts defense against the pass was better last year than the Packers...just sayin. :popcorn:

Typical flapgreen, always bagging on the Bears while ignoring facts and looking at the worst possible angles. Lovie won his first game against Green Bay and in his first 8 went 6-2 while sweeping all 4 games played on the Frozen Tundra yet you say he needs to start to accomplish it? The history shows:1/2/11.......10–3......Packers -

1/2/11.......10–3......Packers - Bears, with nothing to play for, kept all starters in for 4 quarters1/23/11.....21-14.....Packers - Cutler injured, Collins then Hanie off the bench NFC Championship game

Just helping out :)
And I like the excuse of Cutler getting hurt in that NFC Title game...as if he was doing much (other than running for his life) in that game.

:cry:

Ummm...the Colts defense against the pass was better last year than the Packers...just sayin. :popcorn:
Last year is great and all.I guess if we are just talking about that...GB won't lose another regular season game this year.:)My point was Cutler was still sacked twice and had pressure on him quite a bit early in that game.Now line up Clay who was bringing pressure quite well against a better Oline last week....and lets see.The Martz is not here anymore line does not seem to work given there was still some good pass rush against Jay last week.

Last year is great and all.

I guess if we are just talking about that...GB won't lose another regular season game this year.

:)

My point was Cutler was still sacked twice and had pressure on him quite a bit early in that game.

Now line up Clay who was bringing pressure quite well against a better Oline last week....and lets see.

The Martz is not here anymore line does not seem to work given there was still some good pass rush against Jay last week.
Saving for posterity.

Bears D is not SF D.

Martz may be gone, but Cutler is still your QB

Last year is great and all.

I guess if we are just talking about that...GB won't lose another regular season game this year.

:)

My point was Cutler was still sacked twice and had pressure on him quite a bit early in that game.

Now line up Clay who was bringing pressure quite well against a better Oline last week....and lets see.

The Martz is not here anymore line does not seem to work given there was still some good pass rush against Jay last week.
Saving for posterity.
Save it all you want...be sure to do so in context to what I was saying about just using last year as a gauge for anything right now.

The only thing that worries is me is Cutler is not on any of my FF teams this year....which is probably a sure sign he goes for 350 yards and 3tds. At a minimum.

I always draft that rat ******* on his down years, never on the up

bears fans sure are hopped up about that offensive performance against an awful team starting a rookie who tossed them three picks.

predictions for tonight? let's just say the memory of the bears' t-formation isn't about to be eclipsed by any newfound offensive prowess. packers D is weak, bears D is old. the packers can hope those 6 rookies improve, while the bears can hope to turn back the clock on the aging process.

i'll take the packers offense over the bears, thank you very much.

we will see the bears driven before us and hear the lamentation of their women!

bears fans sure are hopped up about that offensive performance against an awful team starting a rookie who tossed them three picks. predictions for tonight? let's just say the memory of the bears' t-formation isn't about to be eclipsed by any newfound offensive prowess. packers D is weak, bears D is old. the packers can hope those 6 rookies improve, while the bears can hope to turn back the clock on the aging process.i'll take the packers offense over the bears, thank you very much. we will see the bears driven before us and hear the lamentation of their women!
:goodposting:

Bears D is not SF D.

:lmao:

Bears D is not SF D.

Don't forget all the wetting and flipping he has to do every time he's on the sideline. What a homo

bears fans sure are hopped up about that offensive performance against an awful team starting a rookie who tossed them three picks.
You can only play who is on the schedule. Indy got picked 3 times and lost 2 fumbles, you can attribute that to them blowing, Chicago being amazing, or anywhere in between. The Bears already had 2 TD's on the board (3 if you count Cutler's pick 6 to Freeman) before they got their first turnover. Total Chicago points scored off of the 5 turnovers = 2 FG's. You may be right, it may all be a mirage, but for years Chicago has been unable to sustain drives and move the ball against even the weakest defenses. In this game Chicago had TD drives of 80, 95, 72, 55, and 80 yards. Yes, I'm hopped up.

The Last Dragon

The year the greatest football team in the history of the NFL won the Super Bowl.

That team was the Chicago Bears..... The Shufflin' Crew

Sho'Nuff

The loser/villian in the Last Dragon

Tonight the Bears whoop up on the Sho'Nuff Packers like Leroy

The Bears are the Master!

Users who are viewing this thread