What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ben Roethlisberger - initially didn't want Steelers QB Kenny Pickett to succeed (3 Viewers)

Ben Roethlisberger said the Steelers plan to run no-huddle "more than ever" this season.

"I always did a lot of stuff, but if they’re going to put that trust in me, then I have to then reward them with the knowledge that I’m going to do the right thing, call the right plays," Roethlisberger said. Only the Lions (32%) and Giants (28%) ran no-huddle at a higher rate than the Steelers (16.5%) last season. New OC Randy Fichtner seems to be catering to Roethlisberger's long-standing request to stay up-tempo and call plays at the line.

Related: Steelers

Source:  Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Aug 23 - 9:02 AM

Big Ben missed his 2nd consecutive practice today.   I'd still expect him to play through the bruised elbow on Sunday, but Ben's the same old drama king that he's always been.  Future Hall-of-Famer for certain, but a drama king nonetheless.  

Big Ben missed his 2nd consecutive practice today.   I'd still expect him to play through the bruised elbow on Sunday, but Ben's the same old drama king that he's always been.  Future Hall-of-Famer for certain, but a drama king nonetheless.  
It would not surprise me if Ben has a monster 400 yard, 5 TD game or something ridiculous like that... it's all setup for him.  Coming off a bad performance and beung injured is tailor made for him.

It would not surprise me if Ben has a monster 400 yard, 5 TD game or something ridiculous like that... it's all setup for him.  Coming off a bad performance and beung injured is tailor made for him.
...and that's why I'm starting him Sunday over Cam!

I'd go with Rudolph. Get his feet wet and let him be able to have one game to learn upon for the future

I’m feeling the same. I think he has a huge game on Sunday. Watching several KC games last year their DB’s looked absolutely lost in coverage, it was laughable. Peters was the lone bright spot and now he’s gone. 

That game has shoot-out written all over it.   Two explosive offenses and two really bad defenses.   

Ben's the number 1 QB on the DFS board, and for good reason.   We all know about the home/road splits with Ben.   No Eric Berry for the Chiefs, Ben's gonna go off in this one.  And so will AB and Tyreek Hill.   

Ben Roethlisberger completed 22-of-25 passes for 328 yards and five touchdowns in Pittsburgh's Week 10 game against the Panthers, taking a seat with the Steelers winning 52-14 in the fourth quarter.

For the fourth time in his career, Roethlisberger finished with a perfect passer rating. He set the tone with a 75-yard touchdown to JuJu Smith-Schuster on the Steelers' first play from scrimmage. He also found Antonio Brown for a 53-yard score. The rest of the scores went to Vance McDonald, Jesse James and Jaylen Samuels (yes, really). The performance was extra impressive since Ben was playing banged up on a short week. Roethlisberger is not going to fare as well in Week 11, where the Steelers are venturing on the road to Jacksonville.

Nov 8 - 10:51 PM

Ben gave a virtuoso performance last night.    Never saw him look better.   

Not really worried about starting him next week vs. the Jaguars.   I know he threw 5 picks last year, but the Jags D isn't as formidable as it was last year.   

Roethlisberger has a great FF Playoff schedule:   Week 14 vs. Oakland  (6th easiest opponent vs. QB),  Week 15 vs. New England  (9th easiest opponent) and Week 16 (FF SB for most) vs. New Orleans (2nd easiest).   

It looked like a repeat of last year's disastrous performance against the Jaguars for 3 quarters.   

This time however, Big Ben rebounded and put up some big numbers in the 2nd half.   

It looked like a repeat of last year's disastrous performance against the Jaguars for 3 quarters.   

This time however, Big Ben rebounded and put up some big numbers in the 2nd half.   
I assume you're talking about the regular season matchup against the Jags because in the playoffs Ben was brilliant for most of the game.  

Big Ben this week PIT @ DEN 4:25 pm and only one of two 4:25 start games                                                                          

Which Ben shows up in Mile High on the road?

Good Ben 300+ yards and 2-3 TD's or more

Gentle Ben 275 1 TD

That other Ben - 3-5 INT's

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Ben Roethlisberger is dealing with cracked ribs.

Roethlisberger suffered the injury in last week's loss to Oakland. There was some confusion about the nature of his injury due to a faulty X-ray machine in Oakland (classic Raiders), though further testing confirmed that Roethlisberger is indeed dealing with cracked ribs. It's obviously not ideal, especially with Pittsburgh's season on the line, though Ben will continue to play through the pain. He gets the Patriots at home in Week 15.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Dec 16 - 8:32 AM

My options are Mariota, Stafford, and Rosen.  So, really, no options.  And yes, I know, too many rostered QBs.

My other option is Cam, and he's been nursing a damaged shoulder all year.

Think I gotta roll with Ben, cracked ribs and all.

Cracked ribs change your game plan at all?

Big Ben is a top 5 QB play by many...
I've seen Ben ranked as high as #2 for this week. I also have Brees on the road. I read Brees has been held under 170 yards in 6 of his last 7 road games. I've been switching them back and forth last few days. This morning I pulled Ben and put Brees back in. I think I'm going to leave Brees in , essentially because of worry over the cracked ribs.

Im sure it will end up being the wrong move and Ben will have one of those monster 4-5 TD games. Sometimes it feels like it absolutely doesn't matter how you analyze or which lineup decision you make, that it will inevitably be the wrong decision.

Speaking on his weekly radio show Tuesday, Ben Roethlisberger downplayed his reported rift with Antonio Brown.

In response to a reported incident at Wednesday's walkthrough, Roethlisberger said, "If there was a blowout, I certainly didn’t see it." He added that the two spoke Thursday morning and that "everything was great," though Roethlisberger did acknowledge "frustration" in Brown being gone late in the week. Despite Pittsburgh citing a knee injury as the reason for his absence in Week 17, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Monday that Brown was actually benched for going AWOL following an outburst at Wednesday's practice that included him throwing a football at Roethlisberger. It's hard to imagine Pittsburgh actually trading its high-maintenance wideout, though Brown's continued antics could force their hand. Mike Tomlin needs to get control of the Steelers' toxic locker room ASAP.

Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter 

Jan 1 - 11:31 AM

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Steelers are expected to restructure Ben Roethlisberger's contract.

It's expected to be done before the new league year begins on March 13. Roethlisberger is entering the final year of his contract, so restructuring at this time allows Pittsburgh more cap space and the room to potentially move on from Antonio Brown, if the team does in fact choose to go that route this offseason. The Steelers would take on $21.25 million in dead cap (space the team won't have until Ben's officially restructured) if Brown is traded.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Jan 5 - 12:34 PM

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said contract talks with Ben Roethlisberger are "still ongoing."

"This is probably [Roethlisberger's] last contract as an NFL player, so it's significant," Colbert said. Roethlisberger's agent, Ryan Tollner, initially met with the Steelers front office to discuss the framework of the deal at the Scouting Combine in early March. It's believed to keep the 37-year-old in black and yellow through 2022, ultimately tacking on three years to his current deal that ends after the 2019 season. Though the 14-year veteran has been the centerpiece of all drama surrounding the Steelers' organization of late, he indisputably remains one of the league's best players under center.

SOURCE: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter

Mar 24, 2019, 2:47 PM

Users who are viewing this thread