What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BenJarvus Week 11 - Predicitons (1 Viewer)

Just an update:

Patriots: Morris might play

11/13/08 10:18 AM

THE NEWS

Patriots running back Sammy Morris practiced for two straight days this week and he may be able to play on Thursday night, according to the Boston Globe.

Our View

Morris has been dealing with a knee injury, and his practice time has been limited, so even if he does suit up, it isn't wise for fantasy owners to have huge expectations.
Link?I ask because there is nothing that I can see on the Globe site that says this.

I'm not saying that it's inaccurate either, only that I don't see it from the source listed.
this is directly from the globe which is probably where the information comes from:Morris may be back

The Patriots could get a boost at running back tonight if Sammy Morris is able to go.

Morris, who has been out since suffering a knee injury against the Broncos Oct. 20, practiced for the second straight day - he had limited participation - and was listed as questionable on the injury report yesterday.

link

Last edited by a moderator:
Holden23 said:
Just traded Thornton & Hixon for BJGE in dynasty. I'll give him a go at home tomorrow night as my RB3, behind Lynch/Turner
Just picked him up off the waiver wire to stash for next season, don't plan to start him this year.

Just an update:

Patriots: Morris might play

11/13/08 10:18 AM

THE NEWS

Patriots running back Sammy Morris practiced for two straight days this week and he may be able to play on Thursday night, according to the Boston Globe.

Our View

Morris has been dealing with a knee injury, and his practice time has been limited, so even if he does suit up, it isn't wise for fantasy owners to have huge expectations.
Link?I ask because there is nothing that I can see on the Globe site that says this.

I'm not saying that it's inaccurate either, only that I don't see it from the source listed.
this is directly from the globe which is probably where the information comes from:Morris may be back

The Patriots could get a boost at running back tonight if Sammy Morris is able to go.

Morris, who has been out since suffering a knee injury against the Broncos Oct. 20, practiced for the second straight day - he had limited participation - and was listed as questionable on the injury report yesterday.

link
Thanks. Like I said, I didn't see it ont he Globe site (and didn't think to look at an article on Thomas to find it).As I said early (yesterday), this was the word that I was hearing and was curious to whether someone was actually reporting it.

The Boston Herald guesses that Sammy Morris (questionable, knee) probably isn't ready to play yet.

The Herald points to Morris' limited practicing the last two days and that he's been in a "bulky" knee brace. Even if Morris is active against the Jets, it may only be for emergency duty behind BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Kevin Faulk. Nov. 12 - 4:50 pm et

Well, my last inquiry I was told "too tough to tell" on Morris' status. Given a play or no play option, I was told best guess "no play." Take that for what it's worth.

The active/inactive list comes out an hour or so before game time, so people should have ample time to make lineup decisions.

from rotoworld

Report: Sammy Morris expected to be inactive

ESPN's Wendy Nix reports that Sammy Morris (questionable, knee) is expected to be inactive Thursday night against the Jets.

The Boston Herald also doesn't think Morris will play. The forecast in Foxboro is calling for a 70% chance of rain, so New England may be forced to use Kevin Faulk and BenJarvus Green-Ellis often even in this unfavorable matchup. Green-Ellis will likely get the goal-line carries, as usual. Nov. 13 - 12:55 pm et

from rotoworld Report: Sammy Morris expected to be inactive ESPN's Wendy Nix reports that Sammy Morris (questionable, knee) is expected to be inactive Thursday night against the Jets.The Boston Herald also doesn't think Morris will play. The forecast in Foxboro is calling for a 70% chance of rain, so New England may be forced to use Kevin Faulk and BenJarvus Green-Ellis often even in this unfavorable matchup. Green-Ellis will likely get the goal-line carries, as usual. Nov. 13 - 12:55 pm et
Welcome back to the starting line-up :hifive:

November 13th, 2008

Sammy Morris, Lewis Sanders working out

Posted by Karen Guregian at 5:46 pm

It’s a little less than three hours before game-time, and both running back Sammy Morris and defensive back Lewis Sanders are out on the field, working out, apparently testing injuries to see if they might be game-ready. Unlike Sunday, Morris, who has missed the last three games with a left knee injury, was wearing game-pants. He did some running. Sanders, who has also missed the last three games with a hamstring injury, ran, and did some other extensive drills. Both were listed as “questionable” for tonight’s game.

LINK

djjosee said:
BUTTER said:
from rotoworld Report: Sammy Morris expected to be inactive ESPN's Wendy Nix reports that Sammy Morris (questionable, knee) is expected to be inactive Thursday night against the Jets.The Boston Herald also doesn't think Morris will play. The forecast in Foxboro is calling for a 70% chance of rain, so New England may be forced to use Kevin Faulk and BenJarvus Green-Ellis often even in this unfavorable matchup. Green-Ellis will likely get the goal-line carries, as usual. Nov. 13 - 12:55 pm et
Welcome back to the starting line-up :thumbup:
Welcome back to the bench :angry:

So Morris is active. I wonder if he will start and get most of the carries?

You would think he would or why else activate him.

I just can't see Morris getting a heavy workload tonight. I think GE still gets 15-20 touches.
I would agree but why activate him at all. He takes up a roster spot and if you sit him he gets a long week of rest. Tough to say what will happen.

I just can't see Morris getting a heavy workload tonight. I think GE still gets 15-20 touches.
I would agree but why activate him at all. He takes up a roster spot and if you sit him he gets a long week of rest. Tough to say what will happen.
It is tough to say, you never know with BB. I do think that whatever happens, GE will get short yardage including goalline - it's in these situations where Morris would most likely get reinjured, so I imagine they would keep him out for these. Pure speculation though..

CBS Sportsline's take FWIW

Morris active against Jets

Sammy Morris, RB NE

News: New England RB Sammy Morris is active for Thursday's Week 11 game against the Jets in Foxboro. Morris is expected to start for the Patriots with BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Kevin Faulk coming off the bench.

Analysis: Both Green-Ellis and Faulk have performed admirably in Morris' stead and you can expect New England to limit Morris in his first game back despite getting a starting nod. It is good news for everyone involved that Morris is back but we still recommend keeping him on your bench for at least one more week. Green-Ellis and Faulk are definitely better Fantasy options.

I just benched BJGE with hesitation. With Morris active, it's too risky to start him over, say Ricky Williams as a RB3. Since I just acquired "Law Firm", I was hoping to use him.

I just benched BJGE with hesitation. With Morris active, it's too risky to start him over, say Ricky Williams as a RB3. Since I just acquired "Law Firm", I was hoping to use him.
That's a good play. I need to decide between S. Morris, or E. Graham. Not as easy.

Out 3 weeks with bad/wonky knee....a cold wet night and a slick field doesnt sound like a good night for Morris....

I own both, and am starting BJGE...I think the slick field will hurt Morris effectiveness his first game back

Out 3 weeks with bad/wonky knee....a cold wet night and a slick field doesnt sound like a good night for Morris....I own both, and am starting BJGE...I think the slick field will hurt Morris effectiveness his first game back
Hmm BJGE is my WW he might be the play tonight.

Been drizzling and cold for the last 90 minutes, but still no heavy rain or wind.
Well, it's not drizzling anymore. In fact, it's turned into a beautiful night in Boston and the coast looks clear for the game. If they kept the field covered then weather shouldn't be a factor at all.

CBS Sportsline's take FWIWMorris active against Jets Sammy Morris, RB NENews: New England RB Sammy Morris is active for Thursday's Week 11 game against the Jets in Foxboro. Morris is expected to start for the Patriots with BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Kevin Faulk coming off the bench. Analysis: Both Green-Ellis and Faulk have performed admirably in Morris' stead and you can expect New England to limit Morris in his first game back despite getting a starting nod. It is good news for everyone involved that Morris is back but we still recommend keeping him on your bench for at least one more week. Green-Ellis and Faulk are definitely better Fantasy options.
Fanball doesn't think Morris will start for what it's worth.

Hmm, well this surely sucks. I'll be going with either Rhodes or Betts. I put faith in ESPN when they reported that Morris wouldn't play.

I think it'll be interesting to see how the Pats use Morris and Benjarvus this game. Big game for both teams and I think it'll be telling if they stick with Benjarvus and don't try to force Sammy into the game - i.e. if they stick with Benjarvus in a game like this, they must have confidence in him.

I think it'll be interesting to see how the Pats use Morris and Benjarvus this game. Big game for both teams and I think it'll be telling if they stick with Benjarvus and don't try to force Sammy into the game - i.e. if they stick with Benjarvus in a game like this, they must have confidence in him.
Looks like Faulk and BJGE are splitting evenly and even Sammy is getting in the mix - not good for BJGE owners.

Have to give BB credit, he's actually used all 4 primary RB's. Wow, good luck guessing who's the right one to have but I guess right now it's Morris.

After tonight's display ... looks like BJGE is going back to the wire. Thanks Law Firm ... it was nice while it lasted.

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread